Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But how much can he say? The Hughes e-mails painted TA in a very bad light ("predator, abusive, mean" are words they used). And they supposedly knew him well. I think JM will have a tough time.

The thing is, the Hughes came to their own conclusions about Arias BEFORE things got really bad. In their own home, for their own reasons, not tainted even by Travis. By Jodi herself and her own freakish scary behavior. I'd hammer home the point that they, before the real crazy even started, feared for her being in the presence of their children.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 48s49 seconds ago
Nurmi - Sky uses her relationship with #travisalexander over the years to compose this email. #JodiArias

oh really???!!!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 37s38 seconds ago
#jodiarias wanted more from Travis and to him it was just sexual #3tvarias

I do wish Juan would call them to the stand. The first thing I would ask them is what gives them the right to judge Travis on ANYTHING?

Just because they were a couple. Did they think their own relationship was so perfect that they were experts in relationships.

I dont know anything about the Mormon religion or the hughes relationship to Travis, but IMO, they needed to stay out of his personal business and keep their opinions to themselves.

They should be forced to answer questions about every which way they have had sex and let this old lady determine if it is considered deviant in her opinion.

They were his good friends. Good friends are those concerned about your dubious behaviour. I can't imagine a friend not hitting me with the truth if I needed it even if I spurned it. And they were going by the murderer's manipulative plaints. She made him look like the monster.

With respect, I am not happy about calling Dr Fonseca an "old lady" as if her age invalidates her opinions, professional or otherwise.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 31s31 seconds ago
Witness spending 10-20 minutes on all negative sentences, giving her opinion and interpretation. #JodiArias

Nicole Goodman Esq ‏@msesquirette 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias Dr F now says part of the same email is not accurate because she doesn't think Travis was still in love with Deanna

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
Witness: Sky is on sidelines & seen #travisalexander with women. Is mean to girls. Wouldn’t want her sister to experience that. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
.@monicalindstrom's chair making flatulence sounds as she exits is more interesting than this testimony. #JodiArias
:giggle:

How would she know!?

I don't think the Hughes realized that JA was just using them to guilt Travis into committing to her, they didn't start figuring her out until they found her outside the door listening in on their conversation.

Absolutely correct
And this is Jodi's payback for them banishing her from their home

TA admits to being beaten by his mother in his book Raising You.

http://travisalexander.blogspot.com/

" As she progressively got more involved in drugs she progressively got less capable of raising children. Most commonly was a beating for waking her up. It hurt but we got used to it. I learned how to turn so that when she hit me she would strike my back and arms, the pain was less there" He suffered a lot of abuse.

Travis was the one in this relationship who was TRULY abused. Jodi is just someone who zeroed in on that fact and knew she could use it to her advantage and manipulate Travis easily.

#JodiArias DrF "It's clear Ms Arias wanted more with Mr. Alexander than he did". Sounds like Jodi was delusional from the get go

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias trial still a long way to go so lots of inhuman planning, premeditation to come from state. Making Jodi human is defense goal.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 19s20 seconds ago
"It's clear that Ms. Arias wanted more than Travis was giving...That was a conflict for him." Miccio-Fonseca

I really want the State to present a DV advocate that explains to the jury the difference between someone behaving abusively (like name-calling or screaming) and an abusive relationship! The two are a couple of football fields apart and there is NO way Jodi was the victim of even an emotionally abusive partner. They follow the exact same pattern as every other type of abusive relationship and in none of them is the 'victim' going to be encouraged to date others and relocate to another state; or be suicidal enough to slash tires, hide under christmas trees, sneak in through doggy doors or any other crazy $£&! she's done.

(And again FTR, Travis was more patient and kind towards her than I ever could have been.)

So the emails are an entirely accurate assessment of Travis, laid out by his best friends, EXCEPT the part about him still being in love with Deanna. Why? Because that doesn't jel with your opinion that Travis is incapable of love?

Come on...

#JodiArias Dr F now says part of the same email is not accurate because she doesn't think Travis was still in love with Deanna

Oh gosh! I hope Dr. F. has the decency to let Sky know that her email was not accurate!

The thing is, the Hughes came to their own conclusions about Arias BEFORE things got really bad. In their own home, for their own reasons, not tainted even by Travis. By Jodi herself and her own freakish scary behavior. I'd hammer home the point that they, before the real crazy even started, feared for her being in the presence of their children.

And then Nurmi goes "So in the beginning you liked JA right? She was normal right? But after dating TA and, like you mentioned in your emails, SUFFERING at his hands, being emotionally abused by him, she suddenly started acting crazy right - acting MENTALLY ILL right?".

I think these e-mails are very damaging, tbh.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 19s20 seconds ago
"It's clear that Ms. Arias wanted more than Travis was giving...That was a conflict for him." Miccio-Fonseca

In my opinion it was only a conflict for Travis BECAUSE HE WAS A NICE GUY!!!

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 34s34 seconds ago
This jury is hanging on every word as the email from Sky is read by the witness. #JodiArias looking over at jury off and on.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 52s53 seconds ago
Sky Hughes says in email that Alexander was mean to #JodiArias in not acknowledging her in public. "You are being a jerk."

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 19s20 seconds ago
Sky tells Travis he's being a jerk to #Jodiarias #3tvarias
-----

Didn't we hear all this about 5 hours ago??

I think this is just more of the DT circus sideshow and I hope the Hs are not called to the stand to prolong this seemingly unending trial.

I think what the Hs' wrote is all the DT has to go on at this point in the trial. [Most unfortunately for everybody, except the DT, the Hs were verbose and put it in print/accessible form!]

In any case, :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member