Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now he didn't beat her - but was emotionally abusive. Even his friends said so!
(This defense is undoubtedly the result of their consultations with the ex-foreman.)

I completely agree with that, or someone who professionally watched the jury throughout the guilt phase of the trial. This whole thing is repugnant and despicable--they are shooting for one juror and I think it is the older female. I also believe they were never going to call ALV despite their claims to the contrary. ALV is offensive in her obvious drinking of the JA koolaid, in being combative/oppositional in the extreme, her being enveloped in tunnel vision, and that she came across as a bitter man hater, which turns people off. They probably learned this from their juror turned consultant.

The defense walked a fine line and took a risk because I don't think they focused on male jurors this time around. I believe they tried a moderate approach for the average age of the jurors while identifying the older female as the one they would construct their mitigation for to get that one hold out on the DP. I suspect that their strategy for the older lady is to make Travis appear like a man who led poor CMJA on, abusing and using her emotionally by taking advantage of her "love" for him just to get sex.

Juan has his work cut out on this cross because the apparent likability of this Dr, who didn't bash and blame everything on Travis, will be a different animal than ALV was. I have every faith that he will get this done but don't think it will be as easy as the dismantling of ALV.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 29s29 seconds ago
Martinez doesn't object but asks to approach. Looks like people are startinng to nod off in here. #JodiArias
---

Thank goodnes.

Is he doing it because of the horrible repetition of this questioning?

It seems to me Nurmi is trying to explain that it was from travis' actions that Jodi became a Murderous Stalker.

Not sure it'll fly.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
We're back from Sizzle. No new and exciting developments. Nurmi just said "making out." #JodiArias #vom

Juan up at judges bench

"I just realized why Nurmi said we would be here until January".

I'm not seeing any tweets by chris hughes on this which is suggesting he's on a witness list and gagged.

They were his good friends. Good friends are those concerned about your dubious behaviour. I can't imagine a friend not hitting me with the truth if I needed it even if I spurned it. And they were going by the murderer's manipulative plaints. She made him look like the monster.

With respect, I am not happy about calling Dr Fonseca an "old lady" as if her age invalidates her opinions, professional or otherwise.

Dubious Behavior ???

Ok, if you say so.

And then Nurmi goes "So in the beginning you liked JA right? She was normal right? But after dating TA and, like you mentioned in your emails, SUFFERING at his hands, being emotionally abused by him, she suddenly started acting crazy right - acting MENTALLY ILL right?".

I think these e-mails are very damaging, tbh.

Except the Hughes' will say, with regards to these emails, Jodi lied to them and duped them. She was crazy all along and was manipulating them.

Jodi and Travis broke up and Jodi chose to move from Northern California to be closer to him. That's not his fault. He broke up with her, he moved on, the games could have stopped there if she'd stayed away. She couldn't. Again, that's not his fault.

@TrialDiariesJ If every man who has ever toyed with and dumped a woman was murdered, there would be 5 men left on the planet - 10 tops.

I completely agree with that, or someone who professionally watched the jury throughout the guilt phase of the trial. This whole thing is repugnant and despicable--they are shooting for one juror and I think it is the older female. I also believe they were never going to call ALV despite their claims to the contrary. ALV is offensive in her obvious drinking of the JA koolaid, oppositional in spades, enveloped in tunnel vision, and comes across as a bitter man hater, which turns people off. They probably learned this from their juror turned consultant.

The defense walked a fine line this time around and took a risk because I don't think they focused on male jurors this time around. I think they tried a moderate approach for the average age of the jurors while identifying the older female as the one they would construct their mitigation for to get that one hold out on the DP. I think their strategy for the older lady was to make Travis appear like a man who led poor CMJA on, abusing and using her emotionally by taking advantage of her "love" for him just to get sex.

Juan has his work cut out on this cross because the apparent likability of this Dr, who didn't bash and blame everything on Travis, will be a different animal than ALV was. I have every faith that he will get this done but don't think it will be as easy as the dismantling of ALV.

Yes! Exactly!

It has been said that Travis actually cared for Jodi very much at first and continued to care for her, but didn't see a future with her. So...no.

Agreed. She referenced it in her journals and on the sex tape that they would never get married. I don't think she ever loved him. She just wanted his lifestyle without having to work for it herself. She had an idealized version of what the perfect man should be and she refused to accept that Travis wouldn't fit into that mold. She had all of her eggs in one basket thinking Travis would marry her and didn't know what to do when he rejected her because she had no plan B for her life.

I would just keep emphasizing how the Hughes became freaked out and fearful of Jodi without Travis saying or doing anything...all on their own, by her own freakish behavior. And how they feared their kids would be in danger if she was in their home. That to me mitigates all of this. They did so while Travis was still somewhat defending her to them.

They were his good friends. Good friends are those concerned about your dubious behaviour. I can't imagine a friend not hitting me with the truth if I needed it even if I spurned it. And they were going by the murderer's manipulative plaints. She made him look like the monster.

With respect, I am not happy about calling Dr Fonseca an "old lady" as if her age invalidates her opinions, professional or otherwise.

BBM

I understand your concerns. But I took the comment to mean that there is a generational gap that can alter the way someone interprets relationship protocol. To an older woman, it would be very 'bad behavior' to make out with many different young ladies and then back off. To a younger group, not so much. It is much less of a big deal to kiss and walk away these days. JMO :cow:

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 22s 23 seconds ago

This is exhibit 699. #JodiArias
B2QdUKGCMAAsqed.jpg:large

From DGC: OMG ... making her look like St. Jodi of Arias :rolleyes:

I think it shows what a consummate liar deceiver she is. jmho

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Expert tells jury Hughes gave Travis an ultimatum to not speak or see #jodiarias at one point in time #3tvarias

Nicole Goodman Esq ‏@msesquirette 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias Dr F now says part of the same email is not accurate because she doesn't think Travis was still in love with Deanna

Oh gosh! I hope Dr. F. has the decency to let Sky know that her email was not accurate!

Ok. She's just one upped LaVa. Her ability to mindread and impute others' emotional reality is truly unsurpassed.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 14s14 seconds ago
Sky- 4 months is long enough to see if you want to commit and you need to do this. This is called a relationship.#jodiarias #3tvarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member