Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget, the Hughes' are big time Mormons and operate under a different moral code than most others of that age range. They were also very commitedly married at the time so looking at Travis through that lens. I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying how I would argue this to a jury of Mormons/non Mormons. To the non Mormons Iwould think Travis as a young handsome single man looked pretty normal.

Exactly Katiecoolady! And the expectation is that you date with the intention of marriage, not just for "fun".

Seriously, I told my daughter about this, and she said, whatever, Mom, there aren't too many sexual boundaries anymore, lol! Now, I'm not young, and none of this sex stuff phases me, oh, except the part where Nurmi tries to make Travis seem disgusting for liking sex.

I do not understand how his being Mormon has anything to do with why he deserved to be butchered!!!!! So, Nurmi, why exactly is this a mitigating factor????? ajmo

Attention Kurt Nurmi: This trial is not about religion. It is not about sex. And it is definitely not about Domestic Abuse or made up pedophilia.

It is a sentencing phase ONLY. The Juror's are there to determine JA's punishment of life or death... She's already been found GUILTY of premeditated murder.

Can the jurors be asked what religion they are prior during the jury selection process? Any Atty's available to answer?

I see what he's doing. He's going for the snapped defense and the reason she snapped when others wouldn't have is she was mentally ill and didn't handle rejection well.

To me that's trying to claim insanity/crime of passion/whatever sticks. Regardless, it's inferring that he was at fault for rejecting her. Her snapping, clearly, would not be her fault. Unbelievable.

See this little exchange I just had with Troy Hayden? Guess what? He favorited my reply about the "hasty puddings" lol

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 11m11 minutes ago "In their haste to sensationalize the issue, counsel tripped over the truth." #JodiArias pros Juan Martinez on computer tampering charge.
0 replies 19 retweets 38 favorites

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady

@troyhaydenfox10 I just came here to tweet that quote. I wonder how many more hasty puddings the def will leak out via their fave reporter.

Exactly. Why convert to a religion if you aren't serious about observing its rules and norms?

Because her only reason for converting was to snag Travis. I don't think she practices Mormonism anymore. Pretty sure they would've ex-communicated her. Murder is worse than adultery.

And here we were so worried yesterday:

"In their haste to sensationalize the issue, counsel tripped over the truth."

Accusing the police and JM of tampering with evidence is a very serious charge. They should feel ashamed. Idiots. (Sorry.)

Can the jurors be asked what religion they are prior during the jury selection process? Any Atty's available to answer?

Well, it's a tricky issue. You can't directly ask, because the AZ Constitution would prohibit a "religious test" for serving on a jury. And you can't use your strikes to get rid of people of a certain religion. But you could ask whether any juror would have a problem because of their religion with the death penalty, or whether any juror would consider someone of a certain religion to be more likely to be telling the truth for that reason, etc.

Seriously? if you're a Victorian. What do you think the 60's were about? What do you think true professionals are like? That they don't keep up with the times?

It's not a generational gap. It's a conscious, biased attempt to destroy the character of Travis, IMO- no more, no less.

And, yes, that comment was an absolute invalidation of Fonseca's opinion because she's an "old lady".

Wel, IMO, she SEEMS to be making a negative judgment upon his making out with various young ladies and then not making them serious relationships. And that seems to be from a belief upon her part that it was bad behavior on his part. Maybe it is not from the generation gap, but it seems possible to me.

I know the 60's very well. Went through them in Berkeley as a teen, A wild FREE LOVE attitude took over for me. :nuts: :loveyou: But I also felt the judgmental blowback from the older generation. And many of the non-hippies in my generation. And being a victim of child sexual abuse made me even more promiscuous than many of my FREE LOVE generation. And I learned full well of the generation gap as I matured. JMO :cow:

Attention Kurt Nurmi: This trial is not about religion. It is not about sex. And it is definitely not about Domestic Abuse or made up pedophilia.

It is a sentencing phase ONLY. The Juror's are there to determine JA's punishment of life or death... She's already been found GUILTY of premeditated murder.

They want to paint her as a victim, hoping that the jury will be less likely to sentence a killer to death for murdering her "abuser".

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 24s24 seconds ago
In regards to "rough around the edges" Chris says "you know it, we know it, Jodi knows it." #jodiarias #3tvarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 36s37 seconds ago
"I think what you term 'rough around the edges,' Sky and I would call 'abusive.'" Hughes rips Alexander for being secret with true feelings.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 31s32 seconds ago
Fonseca says #TravisAlexander says he's "rough around the edges" when he really means he has an abusive manner.

Of course! The murderer is the victim. So typical of psychopaths, to disseminate to the world the wrongs done to them- the eternal holy victims.

Accusing the police and JM of tampering with evidence is a very serious charge. They should feel ashamed. Idiots. (Sorry.)

AZL could there be any sanctions on them for such a salacious charge which apparently lands in their own lap?

They want to paint her as a victim, hoping that the jury will be less likely to sentence a killer to death for murdering her "abuser".

My next fantasy jury question goes like this:

"that the best you got?". :D

And that's what Nurmi has opened the door to. It'd be different if they said they had her number AFTER the murder or even after the more freakish stuff like slashing tires but they figured it out based on their first hand observations in their own home combined with their spidey senses protecting their young and they were smart to act on them.

Great point- and I think Mrs Hughes would revise her "four month" rule about dating after what was her first up close brush with a sociopath.
In my experience, few people "get it" when it comes to sociopaths until they have some horrible first hand experience with them.

Great point- and I think Mrs Hughes would revise her "four month" rule about dating after what was her first up close brush with a sociopath.
In my experience, few people "get it" when it comes to sociopaths until they have some horrible first hand experience with them.

that's right and that one experience can sort of fine tune those spidey senses so you can sort of see it coming again..sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~