Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya: I was very surprised that JSS finally told the defense to move this case along ... about time !

:thinking: JMO but I think she had a little talking to ?

I hope this pace continues ... no need for any more delays !

I think it's just that in light of the COA's recent ruling and their forthcoming ruling, she's more confident in telling them no. She also knows what will happen. She'll sanction them, they'll appeal and the COA will side with them again. So she's just stopping that train in its tracks and preventing what would be more unnecessary delays.

From my link above

Outside the courthouse on Wednesday, Alexander's sister Samantha, a California police officer, told Channel 3 TV's Mike Watkiss, "My brother had a virus on his computer. That's all it is.
"I'm not supposed to talk to the media," she said, "but I would say that it is hogwash. I have been in law enforcement for 12 years, and if my brother was a pedophile, I would be the first to point it out. No way."

OK, I'm still a little confused. We know the virus was on the computer when it was shut down at the scene and JM says the virus was active between May28th and Jun10th. When forensics did the initial image copy, there was no *advertiser censored* but it was infected w/virus and malware. Then the laptop was activated by defense in 2009, and per Nurmi's claims 1,000's of files were deleted, etc. on that date and it's history showed those *advertiser censored* site links.

If the virus was active in days before and after TA's death, why was there no *advertiser censored* or deletions in the initial image copy?

And if there were links to those *advertiser censored* sites in 2014, wouldn't Nurmi's examiner be able to see the dates of those links and know it was in 2009 if that's when all this occurred?

I also notice that JM is asking for the defense's image copy, is he asking for the image copy for what state it's in now? And will JSS order that be turned over to JM?

And maybe this is something for AZLawyer, but would the attorneys normally make a note of this 2009 incident and virus activity that happened on their watch? Would they have been obligated to advise the PD that this had happened when they powered it up?
I am not AZ Lawyer, but Juan and Det. M were there when the first defense powered up the computer because JM had to go and find a power cord for them.

They are very very upset over in Jodi-World because JSS has not 'dealt with' Nurmis motion to prosecute the prosecutor. But they are convinced that she just hasn't read it yet, and when she does, both Flores and Juan will be walking away in handcuffs. And their goddess will be one step closer to freedom.
Someone asked about the trojan viruses, and they poo pooed that possibility. NO WAY that thousands of pages of *advertiser censored* had any connection with malaware. It is good enough for them to know that both juan and Flores were present, thus were the responsible parties for this criminal tampering. They expect them to be fired, disbarred, arrested and in thrown prison, very very soon. :facepalm:

They do live in an alternate reality, don't they? Apparently they are the ones slacking on their reading, a quick browse through JM's response ought to dash all their hopes (or at least make them hate him a little more for his phrase-turning abilities).

I suspect JSS will need a little meeting with Judge Duncan who had the case then to see what she recalls of those events, JSS wasn't involved then so has no first-hand knowledge of what occurred with the laptop.

LOL.

They were seriously planning a big 'Welcome back!!!' party for her.

Sorry about that Jodi but hey, Perryville awaits you with open arms. :happydance:

:seeya:

LOL ... Yep, their party plans for CMJA's Homecoming were short lived ... oh well !

:happydance:

I think that's it... Nurmi hopes to make JM look bad. And Flores, too. But why is he so hellbent on raising issues without basis? IMO, to rile. To incite. To get tongues wagging in the media and online. That way he can claim their case is being tried in the media and it's not a fair trial and secrecy is a MUST under the circumstances. Hey, if he could get lucky and find something that would stick against JM that would be a bonus but I think his main objective is to say anything that gets noticed, to get people riled so "threats" might ensue, which are fodder for yet another motion or an appeal crying about all the attention the case got means there was never any chance of a fair trial.
BBM

There was only one phrase in the evidence-tampering motion that Nurmi really cared about: "... analysis of the computer will take weeks..."

So, he wasn't really concerned about whether or not there was a "basis" to the allegations. His real goal was establishing a basis (enough doubt, controversy, etc.) for delay.

We should get into consciousness of guilt as a theme or at least, a sub-theme. Without it, there was no need for the lies, the many versions of what happened and the television interviews intended to dupe the public. Patently clear, "Jodi Is Innocent" is a topping of blatant lie. Owing to all of this, we know there is no remorse, which comes from recognition of guilt. (After all, remorse is moral anguish arising from repentance for past misdeeds.) She knows what she did, she even has a twisted notion of why she did it and planned it in detail, therefore she knows her tee shirt campaigns and the above website she fosters are the worst kind of lies, those she hopes have a life of their own.

Usually you have to line your witnesses up to establish foundation for the next witness, right? So how could jodi of been up first without the foundation of whatever abuse being laid first? Maybe she wasn't the secret witness.. Unless I'm wrong?

Remember it is FJA calling the shots. KN is doing what she tells him to and he is believing her.....but as we see,mit is not a good idea to not check out what FJA tells anyone. She is known to lie. FJA has a list and wants certain people called...even if does not make sense to us. JMOO on her.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 13s13 seconds ago  Phoenix, AZ
Peeps weigh in: for defense expert in #JodiArias trial is Travis Alexander now T-Dog, T-Dogg, T-Dawg... ?

LOL How about No-Dog today.

I won't be able to consistently post tweets today, will be away from the computer for lengths of time, possibly after the lunch break I may be able to though.

I am not AZ Lawyer, but Juan and Det. M were there when the first defense powered up the computer because JM had to go and find a power cord for them.

Yes, I know they were in the room, but I'm getting the impression they didn't know what the defense attorneys did that may have caused deletions, etc. (IF files were deleted)

BBM

There was only one phrase in the evidence-tampering motion that Nurmi really cared about: "... analysis of the computer will take weeks..."

So, he wasn't really concerned about whether or not there was a "basis" to the allegations. His real goal was establishing a basis (enough doubt, controversy, etc.) for delay.

Yep, Nurmi would like this trial to be ongoing into February when that hearing is to happen on that issue of the DP being tossed. Not only would the examination of the computer take weeks, the hearing on his motion to JSS will take weeks too...you know he will want to look individually at each and every one of the thousand files that were deleted. He will never agree to looking at it as a whole because that might be too efficient and thus would not waste enough time.

The joinder motion stated specifically cases joining could not be continued pending the outcome. Nurmi will want to find ways to get around that.

Good Morning from the beautiful but dang cold Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee!

I have to say watching the tweets yesterday and even posts here, I think people have quite settled down when it comes to a DT "Expert". Just a little observation of mine. and LOL I'm quite sure KN will not know what to think of this. I have no worries with her testimony because soon our Beloved Juan will have his cross, and ask the "important" questions of her.

Just wanted to also say, I very much enjoy all the observations from all of you and the love shining through for Travis and Justice!

At least Arias (I love how Mikee Daniels pronounces her name...rhymes with pariah!) is behind bars. The loonies supporting her (and by supporting I mean laughing at Travis' butchered body) must have jobs, parents...KIDS! It's really scary.

:seeya: I was very surprised that JSS finally told the defense to move this case along ... about time !

:thinking: JMO but I think she had a little talking to ?

I hope this pace continues ... no need for any more delays !

I bet her colleagues and the administrative judge , for a very long while, did her the professional courtesy of not calling her to ask WTH .

But this trial involves politics as well as the law, both in the SA office and in the courthouse. A mistrial after all the money and time the State has put into it would have unhappy political consequences all the way around. I wouldnt be surprised if she did get a call reminding her of that, and to move the thing along. Or maybe she figured that out all by herself.

Dunno. Just happy its happening.

I bet her colleagues and the administrative judge , for a very long while, did her the professional courtesy of not calling her to ask WTH .

But this trial involves politics as well as the law, both in the SA office and in the courthouse. A mistrial after all the money and time the State has put into it would have unhappy political consequences all the way around. I wouldnt be surprised if she did get a call reminding her of that, and to move the thing along. Or maybe she figured that out all by herself.

Dunno. Just happy its happening.

Does that happen? I mean, do judges get nudges from other judges--either at their own request or because someone finally looks at things and determines it is time to say something?

Uh oh, could Samantha's talking to reporters bring up another motion.

Literally anything, including sneezing from the Prosecution's table, will bring up another motion! This chat with the media is almost certainly why TA's sister and Juan went into a private room with the court reporter.

It is my belief the pedo story/lie came from the death of Dan Freeman's bro, he killed himself the day JA was arrested. I read about it online. He was sexually abused as a child and was afraid he might hurt a child. JA was very close with the Freeman family. I firmly believe this is where she got the idea to make up the lie about Travis. I tried to figure out where the lie came from and after reading about him it made sense. It might still be online. This is my opinion of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024