DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to changing the flight number?! :thud:
Unbelievable. :twocents:

https://twitter.com/thatjohn/status/549338402928095232/photo/1

Aviation journalist John Walton notes that Monday’s AirAsia flight QZ8501 has just taken off, as we near 24 hours since the disappearance of yesterday’s plane.
Maybe they're waiting for confirmation it truly did crash. Although very unlikely in my opinion it has safely landed on some mountain top or remote island.

:(

Maybe they're waiting for confirmation it truly did crash. Although very unlikely in my opinion it has safely landed on some mountain top or remote island.

I don't care if they are waiting for confirmation.
There should not be two planes out there with the same flight number.
What if it did land and takes off again... they will have to decipher which is the 1st and which is the 2nd.
That is ridiculous. They should have changed the flight number, even if temporarily until confirmation is made. :twocents:

I recall this happening with MH370 as well though.
People freaked out when it popped back up on radar but it was the next flight. :thinking:

I don't consider myself a superstitious person but there is no way I would board that flight.

I google flight numbers before I reserve my tickets.
Last time I flew out at 4am instead of 9am because the 9am flight had a crashed flight number.
I do NOT enjoy flying.

Many a conspiracy starts with a plane having the same flight number.

Isn't that amazing! Years after AF, someone decides to issue a reminder just this week! I smell lawsuit stuff!

They didn't replace the pitot tubes on this particular plane - the A320.
The pitot tube was the ultimate cause of the Air France 447 (an A330) crash. :twocents:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/01/world/europe/01crash.html?_r=0

Isn't that amazing! Years after AF, someone decides to issue a reminder just this week! I smell lawsuit stuff!

Airbus is advising airlines to replace, as a precaution, the type of air speed sensor that malfunctioned on an Air France plane that crash last month, the company confirmed Friday.

Airbus said it had sent the recommendation late Thursday to all operators of Airbus A330 and A340 wide-body planes in anticipation of a European safety order. A spokesman for the European Air Safety Agency has said it would propose within the next two weeks a ban on an older model of the component, known as a Pitot tube, made by the French manufacturer Thales. Airlines using a more recent model of the Thales tube are also being urged to replace at least two of three probes on each plane with a model built by Goodrich, an American competitor, Airbus and the safety agency said.

That article is from 2009. I don't see a reminder this week.
I just wanted to note that THIS plane (A320) did NOT have the pitot tube replaced.
So that suggestion would not have helped this flight. :twocents:

Most aviation people seem to have a similar consensus ...

Aviation expert Peter Marosszeky said it looked like the aircraft hit a severe weather event.

"Everything tends to point to the fact that the pilot did request an altitude change to a high altitude maybe at the wrong time, and it was caught in a fairly severe sort of updraft and the aircraft possibly went into a stall condition," Mr Marosszeky said.

"Also we have to remember that this aeroplane is not a large aircraft, it's a fairly light aircraft and flying into those severe conditions in the tropics, particularly around the equator, can be very challenging.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-29/airasia-flight-qz8501-search-to-resume/5990800

Cariis....I checked with our engineers. They had another thought about the airspeed 353 kts however if they had a tail wind of 100 kts the speed would be reduced. If they did go into a thunderstorm it could definitely cause a mid air break up. Upon saying that what were the doing there in the first place....if you couldn't climb due to traffic at higher levels you would be required to return. The ELT Electronic Locator Transmitter is carried on all aircraft and is activated by either of 3 ways....switch on itself, switch in the flight deck, 5-7 g force. They said that if they are not receiving any pings it is most likely under water. The only thing they said about the AF disaster was a "cockpit of confusion".

oh no, that is a good question. I think we will have an answer in like 5-6 hours - floating stuff, jet fuel, oil papers on top of ocean seat cushion a napkin etc.

The only reason why nothing was ever found with MAL anywhere is it did not crash anywhere!

I sure hope so. I'm thinking as a result of headwind and poor weather. May not be related, but wind shear scare the H*ll out of me.

BTW, while not sure if MH340 people are alive, but until proof of plane located, I'm not so sure it went down in water. My husband thinks I'm nuts, well, he can just get in line with the others who believe that. :)

One of the ships that is part of the search and rescue effort reached the search location around Belitung Island at approximately 6:49 a.m., a spokeswoman for the Indonesian National Search and Rescue Agency said.

"Current weather conditions are not desirable," spokeswoman Annisa Noviantri said, explaining why the ship arrived nearly an hour after it was initially planned.

Murjatmodjo said teams were searching the sea and mountainous areas in the region.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...-resume-missing-airasia-jet/story?id=27856490

BBM.
Malaysia Airlines changed the flight number of MH370 shortly after it was confirmed it never made it to China. No one even knows what the status of that plane is...
I'm surprised this flight hasn't been given a new flight number.

2ahfl6w.jpg

While ground control in Jakarta approved the pilot's request to divert the flight, the request to raise elevation hadn't been approved before losing contact with the plane, said Murjatmodjo.

The plane had been in the air for about 41 minutes when contact was lost.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...-resume-missing-airasia-jet/story?id=27856490

Sky News just said plane was going too slow when it encountered bad weather .. not sure where that comes from.

Indonesia does not like information to flow out of its control, in my experience. I truly would not be surprised if yesterday's rumours about a downed jet being seen were true. Though I can see them trying to mute the rumours as nothing is confirmed and there are many scared and worried families waiting.

Don’t spread unconfirmed news, says Shabery.

The public, especially social media users, are advised to not spread unofficial news about the missing Indonesia AirAsia Flight QZ8501.
Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek said any news must be confirmed by AirAsia.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/don-t-spread-unconfirmed-news-001328033.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members