Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering right now, why are they so certain the plane is in the area they're searching? MH370 was thought to have continued flying until its fuel ran out. Why do they not assume this happened to this flight? Sorry if this is a stupid question :waitasec:
Not a stupid question at all. We haven't gotten a clear view of this flight yet. With the other plane, it was obvious it kept flying due to the waypoints, but it was not proven (at least to me) it went until it ran out of fuel into the Indian Ocean. I still don't buy that theory.

I'm wondering right now, why are they so certain the plane is in the area they're searching? MH370 was thought to have continued flying until its fuel ran out. Why do they not assume this happened to this flight? Sorry if this is a stupid question :waitasec:

I am thinking because they have better radar coverage in this area.
They initially thought MH370 just wasn't on radar.
This plane had better coverage so they knew more closely where to look.
That is what I am guessing, because we haven't actually been told that.

Not a stupid question at all. We haven't gotten a clear view of this flight yet. With the other plane, it was obvious it kept flying due to the waypoints, but it was not proven (at least to me) it went until it ran out of fuel into the Indian Ocean. I still don't buy that theory.

I am thinking because they have better radar coverage in this area.
They initially thought MH370 just wasn't on radar.
This plane had better coverage so they knew more closely where to look.
That is what I am guessing, because we haven't actually been told that.

Ah thank you! I guess we will get more info as things progress.

'My fiance was on that flight'

A BRIDE-TO-BE has told of how her fiance was on the missing AirAsia flight, and was meant to be enjoying his last family holiday as a bachelor, before it vanished.

Louise Sidharta, 25, told reporters at Changi International Airport in Singapore that her fiance Alain Oktavianus Siaun, 27, was on board with his parents and three brothers.

965723-35f3e330-8ed5-11e4-8ac7-a81af5c46aa9.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...aun-was-on-board/story-fnizu68q-1227168967584

Sadly I would rather have mangosteens than Richard Qwest - he has no ideath from what he spekath! He shows people how to pack a suitcase for travel.

Richard just explained that pilots tend to be familiar with the areas in which they fly regulariy. Just had to pass that on. Would this mean that car drivers might be familiar with the route to the office in the morning? How this brillant observation ate up 45 seconds of air time numbs me !

Empty hot air

Severe hail at 32000 ft alone would panel beat the aircraft. The Captain would make a PAN call and request an emergency descent if it was that bad. An aircraft can be hit by hail and it would still be able to fly.

An aircraft can also be hit by hail and lose all engines.
It all depends on how it all happened.

Many pilots don't have time for a distress call.
Then some pilots manage to have time in unbelievably short circumstances (Hudson River.)
It just depends on the pilots. :dunno:

There was no distress call in Air France 447(frozen pitot tube).
I don't think there was in Southern Airways 242 either (engine failure from hail.)

I am beginning to think this is a repeat of Air France given they were both Airbus planes.
It is far more likely that the pitot tube froze over... than the engines being taken out by hail.
Either is possible of course and in both cases there may not have been a distress call.

I totally agree with those who have said flying is becoming too automatic.
Pilots are relying too much on their instruments and this is causing crashes.
The art of flying is becoming lost... I'm guessing we won't even have pilots one day. Just computers. :twocents:

I wish they would quit comparing to MAL 370 there is nothing related. Its also like media not discriminating. THere is a difference between a thunder storm and a hurricane.

I followed this story for the last couple of weeks here are the headlines

[h=1]Malaysia: worst Monsoon floods for years cause havoc in northeast[/h]
This stuff was not like a bad thunderstorm - it was a hurricane. MAL was a starlite quiet clear night.

IMO They, news,for ratings, are getting, lost contact, confused with , have not been able to get out to look about for a peroid of time.

They are calling it "missing", how can something be missing if you have not had a chance to look for it?

It took em some hours to determine that something was problmeatic.

hail doesn't like "freeze up" engines it messes up air flow into the engine which then causes stalls and stuff, breaks tubines more violent like event

ok finally CNN is finally moving the story more to Air France than MAL 370 - took em a day.

Also thought of a large cell of hail that perhaps "froze" the engines, however, weren't other aircraft in that area also, and if so, why didn't they also get hit? I still believe this is weather related and am leaning toward a lightening strike disabling the aircraft. Could that be possible?

:waitasec:

hail doesn't like "freeze up" engines it messes up air flow into the engine which then causes stalls and stuff, breaks tubines more violent like event

MOO

Ah they are now saying S&S has begun now. (CNN again)

They are beginning the search according to CNN.
(DH is watching it, if I go in there I yell at Mary and leave.) :giggle:

Jeff Wise tweeted that he will be on CNN tonight. He was my favorite during the MH370 coverage.

sounds like a good possiblity - I am just thinking this is so Air France again, both AIrbus!
Agree. The more thought I give to this possibility, the more likely it seems plausible. The low airspeed is very problematic.

MOO

IMO this is what they are gonna find.

The stall:

When an aircraft slows to below its stall speed, it is unable to generate enough lift in order to cancel out the forces that act on the aircraft .. as weight This will cause the aircraft to drop in altitude. The drop in altitude may cause the pilot to increase the angle of attack (the pilot pulls on the stick), because normally increasing the angle of attack (pulling up) puts the aircraft in a climb. When the wing however exceeds its critical angle of attack, an increase in angle of attack (pulling up) will lead to a loss of lift and a further loss of airspeed (the wing "stalls"). The reason why the wing "stalls" ,,,, airflow over the top of the wing separates....

, as the airplane falls, it could gain speed and then structural failure could occur, typically due to excessive g forces during the pullout phase of the recovery.

This is what happened to AIr France same kinda thing: To make up for low speed, a pilot will raise the nose of the aircraft to increase angle of attack, increase Lift Coefficient and keep the same lift. However, after a critical angle of attack is passed (often around 16 degrees) the lift stops increasing and actually collapses, causing a stall.

So the speedmmeter was telling em there speed wrong, so he repsonded, its so easy to say pilot error without taking in the variables!

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stall_(flight)

Thank you for the more detailed explanation. I used "freeze up" for lack of more knowledgeable terminology.

:)

Emergency locator beacons transmitting anything? Have officials said yay or nay? CNN seems to be assuming they're not transmitting. But perhaps the people in charge are choosing not to share such info...

Sooooo hoping they find people, plane and survivors. The water is warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch