Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the FL Dept. of corrections website: Misconceptions about Florida Prisons:
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/myths.html

2. "Inmates have cable television and satellite dishes."

There are no correctional facilities with cable television. The 33 prisons that have satellite dishes use them for staff training as part of the Corrections Distance Learning Network (CDLN). The CDLN saves money by training staff throughout the state simultaneously. Most prisons have televisions available to inmates for use when inmates are not working. The televisions are located in dormitory dayrooms for group viewing. Most of the department's televisions were paid for by proceeds from sales to inmates from the inmate canteens. However, state law now prohibits the purchase of televisions for recreational purposes.

6. "Prisons are air-conditioned."

Only ten of the major state-managed prisons in Florida have air-conditioning in some portion of the facility housing inmates, and many of these are located in South Florida. The following institutions have air-conditioning in the areas indicated: Lancaster C.I. (confinement area); Union C.I. (13 dorms); Youthful Offender institution Brevard C.I. (all dorms); Lake C.I. and Zephyrhills C.I. (a/c installed in Mental Health areas in 1997 at Lake C.I. and 1995 at Z.C.I.); female institutions Broward C.I., Hillsborough C.I. and Homestead C.I. (all dorms); Dade C.I. (Mental Health area) and Charlotte C.I. (Mental Health area air conditioned in FY 1994-95) The five Florida prison facilities built under the privatization contract are also air-conditioned.

Thanks.

2. They ***DO*** have television (perhaps I was inaccurate about "cable"). They do watch movies as well (though I don't know if it's solely on movie nights or whatever the plan is at whatever the prison).

6. Which five Florida prison facilities were built under the privatization contract regarding air-conditioning?

Thank you for opening this thread. I hate it when a child is harmed at the hands of the ones who should love them the most. At first I wanted both justice and revenge.

Having said this. I no longer care what the outcome of this case is anymore. So what if Casey Anthony is set free? So what if she is found guilty? A precious little girl no long walks this earth. Neither convicting Casey and or putting her to death will bring precious Caylee back to us.

As for whoever murdered Caylee...IMO there is a higher power that is the ultimate judge that sees all and knows all and vengance is their's to take.

Thank you for opening this thread. I hate it when a child is harmed at the hands of the ones who should love them the most. At first I wanted both justice and revenge.

Having said this. I no longer care what the outcome of this case is anymore. So what if Casey Anthony is set free? So what if she is found guilty? A precious little girl no long walks this earth. Neither convicting Casey and or putting her to death will bring precious Caylee back to us.

As for whoever murdered Caylee...IMO there is a higher power that is the ultimate judge that sees all and knows all and vengance is their's to take.
There are several legitimate reasons for imprisoning people!

Already discussed a bit in this thread and certainly already debated ad nauseum elsewhere.

Just one of the several reasons that apply in this case is to protect close family and the wider community from KC!

She is clearly a risk. For the sake of argument, if she was set free where would she go? I doubt the Anthony's would want her for long? She has no job, and is unlikely to get one. I do not suppose she would be first choice for babysitter with Mallory and Lee's child. " Hide the medicine and Duct tape Aunty Casey is coming over"

I imagine neighbours with children will have some objections to KC roaming the neighbourhood?

There are several legitimate reasons for imprisoning people!

Already discussed a bit in this thread and certainly already debated ad nauseum elsewhere.

Just one of the several reasons that apply in this case is to protect close family and the wider community from KC!

She is clearly a risk. For the sake of argument, if she was set free where would she go? I doubt the Anthony's would want her for long? She has no job, and is unlikely to get one. I do not suppose she would be first choice for babysitter with Mallory and Lee's child. " Hide the medicine and Duct tape Aunty Casey is coming over"

I imagine neighbours with children will have some objections to KC roaming the neighbourhood?

Then that may be just payment if she is guilty and set free. Also, I don't think she would "last long" if set free. If you know what I mean.

If Caesy Anthony is guilty ( I will wait for the jury to decide, although I am personally convinced she is..), and she is sentenced to life in prison...

it could well mean that another child will not suffer at her hands.
That is why it matters to me that she pay for her crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back