*REVISIT* Could We Have Gotten a Confession from Casey?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She will never confess. She is provided the "right to remain silent."

The problem with pathological liars is they truly believe their own lies. I think she truly believes she is a 'victim.' She will never, ever confess.

My husband thinks if they can force her to watch a dramatization of what happened to little Casey's remains from the time she put her in that bag untill they bury her, that might get her to confess.

My husband thinks if they can force her to watch a dramatization of what happened to little Casey's remains from the time she put her in that bag untill they bury her, that might get her to confess.

I doubt it. It would make any normal person confess, but KC isn't normal.

perhaps but rather unlikely since kc wouldn't be seeing herself but someone else which goes with her thinking.....someone else did it...she had nothing to do with it....

Her family suffering or seeing Caylee's remains won't do it.

Threaten Casey with the DP, for real and she'd probably sing like a canary. Sociopaths don't care about the suffering of anyone but themselves. But, they care a LOT about themselves. I think I read that Ted Bundy was weak at the knees and crying when he was facing his final moments.

JMO

While we wait for a document dump. It might be interesting to have a discussion regarding why Casey will not talk.

The link to this video is regarding WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE.

The lecture is given by a law professor and a cop. They will tell you both sides. This video made me think alot about what I would or would not tell a cop.

Let's discuss.. after viewing the video....
http://boingboing.net/2008/07/28/law-prof-and-cop-agr.html

1. How would Casey's case be today if she would not have lied and just followed the advice on this video?

2. Is is a good idea to ever talk to the police?

3. How do you think this advice applies to this case?

I can understand that take on the situation maryaok. But I don't think it would work with KC, because, more than likely, she had the experience of double bagging her daughters body after it had began to leak decomp fluid into her trunk area. She smelled the odor of decomp and without a doubt, more than likely, knew it was the smell of her daughters body.

Now, I believe if it was anyone else besides KC then by all means it might get someone to confess. I just don't see how KC would confess if she witnessed the complete decomp when, more than likely, she was privy to a few days decomp of her daughters body in the FL heat. Makes me sad to type that, bless Caylee's heart.

I agree with the majority. I don't ever see Casey confessing nor do I see her taking the stand either. She has too much vested in those sociolpathic stories of hers and her self-assumed acting ability. Not to mention, Baez is probably counseling her to keep her mouth tightly shut.

She is not capable of confession. She is a VERY sick and VERY dangerous girl. This is one case IMO where keeping her alive serves no purpose to humanity. If and when she is pronounced guilty she needs to be put to death. Her "toughness.. her ability to not crack", just proves there is no human emotion in her. moo

she doesn't care about what happened to caylee - she is incapable of caring what happened to caylee. that part of casey is missing. it doesn't matter what you show her, she will not care. she might find it interesting and a bit disgusting but that's the only reaction you'll get.

ask your husband if he'd feel the same if it were a man, and if he says yes then tell him what bundy used to do w/ the remains of his victims.

Nope nothing that appeals to her emotions. The only thing that might work is exchanging the DP for a confession. I thin it was stupid for them to take the DP off the table earlier, and I think they need to put it back on. That is the only way she will ever confess.

I can understand that take on the situation maryaok. But I don't think it would work with KC, because, more than likely, she had the experience of double bagging her daughters body after it had began to leak decomp fluid into her trunk area. She smelled the odor of decomp and without a doubt, more than likely, knew it was the smell of her daughters body.

Now, I believe if it was anyone else besides KC then by all means it might get someone to confess. I just don't see how KC would confess if she witnessed the complete decomp when, more than likely, she was privy to a few days decomp of her daughters body in the FL heat. Makes me sad to type that, bless Caylee's heart.

ITA and don't forget she adorned her with a heart sticker! Casey IMOO has totally detached herself from this whole situation of Caylees death , its all about her now, she sees herself as the victim

She is not capable of confession. She is a VERY sick and VERY dangerous girl. This is one case IMO where keeping her alive serves no purpose to humanity. If and when she is pronounced guilty she needs to be put to death. Her "toughness.. her ability to not crack", just proves there is no human emotion in her. moo

well said, doogiesgirl!

She will NEVER ever confess. She has convinced herself she did nothing wrong.

While we wait for a document dump. It might be interesting to have a discussion regarding why Casey will not talk.

The link to this video is regarding WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE.

The lecture is given by a law professor and a cop. They will tell you both sides. This video made me think alot about what I would or would not tell a cop.

Let's discuss.. after viewing the video....
http://boingboing.net/2008/07/28/law-prof-and-cop-agr.html

1. How would Casey's case be today if she would not have lied and just followed the advice on this video?

2. Is is a good idea to ever talk to the police?

3. How do you think this advice applies to this case?

The first thing I thought about was "OMGosh, maybe somebody in law enforcement actually gave KC some advice before she was arrested and her little cryptic poem (Diary of Days) is the relay of such advice". Hmmm...

I don't think she will ever confess either. I keep thinking back to all the jailhouse videos Nancy Grace keeps showing. Casey saying she has nobody to comfort HER in jail, nobody is letting HER talk, etc. It is all about her, and it always will be, until the day she dies. If you think back to another famous sociopath, Ted Bundy, he started talking, but only when he thought it would benefit him, or to stroke his ego by having LE listen to his expert opinions, ugh. I don't think there will ever be any benefit to her finally spilling it. She is still going to need her parents on her side to keep her prison bank account full. She will never admit guilt, imo.

"My mother will never forgive me. I will never forgive myself".

That early statement will be as close as it will get.

I feel early on in in KC confinement that if she were in that small cell with the group of peers she was hanging with darting questions at her she might have broken a bit to justify her actions to them whether right or wrong. That time has slipped by now. I feel KC has resigned herself to playing the silent martyr from this point on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro