Revisiting the Hot Body Contest/"Ugly Coping"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can there be an angle when there isn't one. Cynthia was arrested 3years after her husband passed from an arrythmia. I guess she should have locked herself in a closet, or moved to another state, to feel safe.

While Prosecutors had no evidence linking the mother of four to the lethal poison. They have built a case around Sommer's character, including her promiscuous behavior shortly after Todd's death, her predilection for shopping, and the breast implant surgery she underwent two months after Todd died, which she could not afford before receiving his death benefits.

Yah - that's enough of a reason to arrest someone! :eek:

In the LK interview she said that her husband had promised to give her breast implants for her birthday. So, when he passed, she got them.

I think the LK interview did alot to help in her release as no one on this side of town had ever heard of her. Most viewers felt sorry for this woman and could see that she was clearly innocent. This is the ugly side of justice. A SA who has political motives and wants anyone to pay. This is not the case with KC.

I think that JB should use the SP case in court to compare KC too. Ooops, his story didn't end too well did it.

Here is the way I see the issue. The SA will most likely try to bring up the facts of KC's shopping sprees, partying and nesting activities. JB has the right to object. If he does object then the judge can permit it. After all, these issues could tie in to the motive for the murder. But the judge could deny it. If he does deny it, the SA will emphasize the last date that Caylee was seen, and the date that she was reported missing. He will make sure the jury is very aware that there are 30 or so days between when she was last seen and when it was reported. And he will make sure that the circumstances of the report will also make it into the trial. KC didn't report it, Cindy did. That in itself is extremely damaging. And the SA will be very alert for any defense mention- including any defense witnesses mention of KC's activities after the fact of the disappearance. For instance if Cindy says KC told me that she was looking all over for Caylee..... the SA will jump that so fast it will make your head spin and the info about the partying will be allowed in.

Now JB could not object when the issue is brought up, and he could try to explain the partying the same way that KC tried to explain it. She is a young mother, desperate, her child was missing and her whole family was threatened- she was given a 'script' to follow and she did that to the best of her ability. While she was trying to follow the script and go about a version of a normal life, she was also searching making calls, trying to think of anyone who might help her, anyone who might have done this.

So either way, whether the partying issue is allowed in or not- it is very damaging. Either she was partying or she was sitting around and wasn't doing anything to look for her child. Or she was partying because the 'kidnapper' told her to. If you were a juror, which one would you be more likely to believe?

The truly Damning thing is when you see Casey in the party pics and the Taget and B of A Videos, she looks truly happy with no sadness at all in her smile or eyes. She looked like she was positively glowing!
If she was faking that for the kidnapper's sake, there would be a glimmer of sadness or fear in her eyes. IMO there was nothing like that.

You can compare her smiles in all the pics before and after Caylee was "missing" and her smiles are always the same.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19317898/detail.html

"Ugly coping"...the article details it and it is apparently another of Jose's defenses...What a crock!

Here's the thing though. When your husband dies (and I still think Cynthia Sommers is guilty) you would surely act differently then when it's your child.

Cynthia got away with murder because of ineffective counsel. Maybe Baez plans to fall on his sword as well.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19317898/detail.html

"Ugly coping"...the article details it and it is apparently another of Jose's defenses...What a crock!

Ugly coping? So his defense strategy is admitting his client knew her child was dead and gone for this month before anyone else found out? regardless of what she and he have said up until this point?

Oh that's going to play out well.

Here's the thing though. When your husband dies (and I still think Cynthia Sommers is guilty) you would surely act differently then when it's your child.

Cynthia got away with murder because of ineffective counsel. Maybe Baez plans to fall on his sword as well.

This is probably O/T but what makes you think she is guilty? There was not a shred of evidence that proved her to be guilty.

UGLY COPING? But KC's behavior was apparently not that much different from before Caylee went missing. She apparently was sleeping around a lot then too, Also - boozing it up (we've seen evidence of that in pictures taken prior to Caylee being missing. Remember all photos of her taken where she's puking in the toilet, passed out in a vehicle, playing drinking games, no clothes party where she has a beer in her hand? She also stole prior to Caylee's disappearance. She had a history of lying, too. So tell me - how exactly did her behavior change Mr. Baez?

I am still trying to grasp exactly what any claims of "Ugly Coping" would gain JB and KC. he is trying to take pot shots at bits and pieces of evidence, and single items, such as the hairs, or KC's behavior after Caylee went missing. But he is not addressing the big picture of how all of these little things tie together and support each other.

Plus can someone explain to me how he could even begin to pull off an "ugly Coping" defense without actually putting KC on the stand. And as I said above wouldn't such a defense be a clear admission that his client KNEW her daughter was dead at least a month before anyone else did? Something that runs counter to every LE and public statement she has made? (and most that he has made for that matter?)

It is very very hard to get a jury to believe anything a defendent tells them, when they are doubtful they can believe anything the defendents lawyer tells them.

The judge in Sommer's trial was not going to allow the testimony regarding her behavior following the death saying it didn't prove anything about the alleged murder itself. The defense attorney messed up by putting Cynthia's mother on the stand to testify that she was curled up and cried after the death. So then the judge allowed the prosecutor to present witnesses to refute this. Do you think it possible that this could happen at Casey's trial, the judge not allowing testimony regarding her behavior? Is it more prejudicial than probative or vice versa?

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed!

The truly Damning thing is when you see Casey in the party pics and the Taget and B of A Videos, she looks truly happy with no sadness at all in her smile or eyes. She looked like she was positively glowing!
If she was faking that for the kidnapper's sake, there would be a glimmer of sadness or fear in her eyes. IMO there was nothing like that.

You can compare her smiles in all the pics before and after Caylee was "missing" and her smiles are always the same.

Like an ugly mask .. :behindbar

Good thing she's behind bars where she belongs ..

He's doing a good job so far!

...Now JB could not object when the issue is brought up, and he could try to explain the partying the same way that KC tried to explain it. She is a young mother, desperate, her child was missing and her whole family was threatened- she was given a 'script' to follow and she did that to the best of her ability. While she was trying to follow the script and go about a version of a normal life, she was also searching making calls, trying to think of anyone who might help her, anyone who might have done this....

How can JB bring in evidence of a script if KC doesn't testify? She never told this to LE.

How can JB bring in evidence of a script if KC doesn't testify? She never told this to LE.

By asking the question of a witness that KC did tell about a script.

Ugly Coping = Manafactured Defence.

UGLY COPING? But KC's behavior was apparently not that much different from before Caylee went missing. She apparently was sleeping around a lot then too, Also - boozing it up (we've seen evidence of that in pictures taken prior to Caylee being missing. Remember all photos of her taken where she's puking in the toilet, passed out in a vehicle, playing drinking games, no clothes party where she has a beer in her hand? She also stole prior to Caylee's disappearance. She had a history of lying, too. So tell me - how exactly did her behavior change Mr. Baez?

She wasn't canoodling with a lawyer, back then. ;-)

Why would she be grieving? Ugly coping if the child was with the babysitter........ right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3