Rewards And Donations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IDK, but in todays earlier press conference with Donald; his mom; and the funeral guy... I was under the impression that he knew the family before this. Ronalds mom called the man by his first name ("Jamie") in a rather casual kinda way. I could be wrong, but that was the impression I got.

As creepy as a funeral home guy being over things is {I am scared to death of funeral homes, no pun intended -- so I wouldn't go there for buttons/shirts as much as I'd like to}, I'd much rather him do it then KFN find a way to slime their way into this case for a profit in their own pockets.

And I wonder if cremation is just common for the area... a whole lot cheaper than regular services I guess. ???

A whole lot cheaper, Cremation in Colo runs anywhere from $1,000-2,500 where as a casket can run up to the hundreds of thousands not to mention $$ for a lot

WFTV Viewer Donates Camper To Haleigh's Father
Friday, February 20, 2009 – updated: 7:04 am EST February 20, 2009

<snipped>
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- An Eyewitness News viewer decided to donate a camper to Haleigh's father, who is presently living in a tent, while investigators search for the little girl. The camper will be arriving Friday for Ronald Cummings to live in. Cummings moved into the tent when his home became a crime scene.
Eyewitness News spoke with Haleigh's family Thursday about how they are coping. They are living in a tent, about 15-by-15. Coolers are full of water and drinks and inside is where the family is living, because their mobile home down the street is still a crime scene.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18757422/detail.html

It;s acts of kindness like this that make me believe there is a God after all. I plan on donating to the fund.

WFTV Viewer Donates Camper To Haleigh's Father
Friday, February 20, 2009 – updated: 7:04 am EST February 20, 2009

<snipped>
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- An Eyewitness News viewer decided to donate a camper to Haleigh's father, who is presently living in a tent, while investigators search for the little girl. The camper will be arriving Friday for Ronald Cummings to live in. Cummings moved into the tent when his home became a crime scene.
Eyewitness News spoke with Haleigh's family Thursday about how they are coping. They are living in a tent, about 15-by-15. Coolers are full of water and drinks and inside is where the family is living, because their mobile home down the street is still a crime scene.

Article:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18757422/detail.html

I am sure this family will appreciate this. The last couple of nights it has been very cold.

Does anyone know why the house is still being held as a crime scene. It sure seems to be along time now that they have been holding it.

Prayers to this family and a positive ending to this horrible situation!!

As of today's info. an additional $4,000 has been added to the reward.

Info. as per FDLE Presser

This is VERY troubling:

Also Thursday, the owner of Watts Funeral Home announced a fund has been set up to help Haleigh&#8217;s family at Bank of America. Shirts and buttons also are available for a donation at the funeral home in San Mateo

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...her_makes_plea_to_keep_family_out_of_scrutiny (Bolded by me)

I wish someone would check into who is really handling this "donation account"! This sure smells of KFN to me. Buttons and T-shirts for "sale" already?!?!
I wish somehow that KFN could be locked out of Haleigh's case because we know they have never done a real search nor found a body. I read that on their site months ago. All they do are the buttons,bracelets,t-shirts,etc.,...the same as in Caylee's case. They are in it for just the money and prey on these poor fmilies whose children have gone missing. It is a known fact the founder Dennis Milstead has a criminal past. Why does so many people attached to the Caylee case have criminal and/or shady pasts???

Nice. SS...I have the same questions as you and many other posters do. It is some ODD !

Not the Kid Finders Network~ They have yet to find 1 missing child. Is there a web-site for the search yet? If it was sponsored by missing and exploited children, or Marc Klaas, I would be all for it --- but I don't trust KFN after the Caylee case. Sorry - just MO.

I hate to see the family in that tent - it just breaks my heart. I'm in San Diego, so I can't step up to the plate to search, but would always donate to anyone other than KFN.

I'm just so sad that no one showed up to search today :(

Melanie

You all are very kind to be making any kind of contribution to this situation. But please, do not organize any efforts regarding donations here at WS unless you have talked with Tricia . Of course everyone can do whatever that want off board and i hope you all do . :blowkiss:

I am sure this family will appreciate this. The last couple of nights it has been very cold.

Does anyone know why the house is still being held as a crime scene. It sure seems to be along time now that they have been holding it.

Prayers to this family and a positive ending to this horrible situation!!
From what I saw on NG, the travel trailer being brought in is very nice.

It has been Ron's choice to stay in the tent, he had other options but his mother said (paraphrasing here) "even if he could go back into his house, I doubt that he wants to"

You all are very kind to be making any kind of contribution to this situation. But please, do not organize any efforts regarding donations here at WS unless you have talked with Tricia . Of course everyone can do whatever that want off board and i hope you all do . :blowkiss:

Sorry :) I just know for us that wanted to do it off board, we were looking for the address as to not donate to a fraud or someone untrustworthy :blowkiss:

I did see on NG that the Maternal Side has set up a fund with a credit union. But they only showed it for less than 3 seconds.

Im not sure where to put this. Mods if you want to delete,feel free to.

Disappearance Prompts Alleged Internet Scam

The Cumming's family and other Haleigh supporters are grieving and praying for the day she is brought home, but it appears someone is trying to capitalize financially on her disappearance.

At the same time, someone is taking advantage of the situation in cyberspace.

The website "find haleigh.com" was launched a few days ago.

It has Haleigh's pictures, tells the story of her disappearance, but does not spell her name correctly.

Haleigh's family says they are not affiliated with the site and are not getting money from it. However, they say it is upsetting to have someone collecting money in Haleigh's name without their permission.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Disappearance-Prompts-Alleged-Internet-Scam/RDXmiipDXEK0sVVZzuu-1A.cspx

It may have already been posted. All of you guys are always on top of things but i could not find it anywhere.

The Cumming's family and other Haleigh supporters are grieving and praying for the day she is brought home, but it appears someone is trying to capitalize financially on her disappearance.

At the same time, someone is taking advantage of the situation in cyberspace.

The website "find haleigh.com" was launched a few days ago.

It has Haleigh's pictures, tells the story of her disappearance, but does not spell her name correctly.

Haleigh's family says they are not affiliated with the site and are not getting money from it. However, they say it is upsetting to have someone collecting money in Haleigh's name without their permission.

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Disappearance-Prompts-Alleged-Internet-Scam/RDXmiipDXEK0sVVZzuu-1A.cspx

It may have already been posted. All of you guys are always on top of things but i could not find it anywhere.

From the link above that Tonia provided:

"website was launched by Kim Savage in Arizona."

Tonia did you put this on the media links for today thread yet? TIA it's a fantastic link and very interesting.

the website was launched by Kim Savage in Arizona. Savage tells us she was planning to give 100% of the proceeds to Haleigh's family. once haleigh's family got word about the website, they contacted paypal. the website is no longer receiving donations to help with the haleigh investigation.

Ok i guess i missed the part where it is not recieving donations anymore. Good,glad to hear that! I would like to know how this woman got these photo's though.

I believe "Jamie" said he was setting up the fund in response to people calling and wanting to know what they could do to help the family. I thought he also said he/funeral home had made the teeshirts and buttons.

I also thought there was an inference, which I took to be directed at Kidfinders but I could be wrong, that someone "else" had made tee shirts without Ron's permission, but the funeral home got his permission before they did it.

It just sounds to me like a small town effort to help the family and the guy doing it just happens to be from the funeral home.

Jamie Watts inherited Watts Funeral Home when his county commissioner father died an untimely death due to natural causes. I don't know Jamie personally, but he is a very generous person, as is his wife Amanda [who I do know.]

Watts Funeral Home provides most of the mortuary-related services to south Putnam county. They sponsor several grief-related events for area residents throughout the year including a wonderful butterfly release down at the St. Johns River every year right before the kick-off of the Blue Crab Festival.

BUT... I wouldn't be sending them any $$$ at this point.

I am curious. Does anyone here ever donate to these "funds"?

I personally do not. Legitimate charities like Klauss Kids or Texas Equisearch, yes. Private family funds no. But that's just me.

Anyone here donate to the private funds? If so, how do you decide which ones to donate to?

I wouldn't personally donate to a "fund' I would want my money to go straight to the person i wanted to have it. I would donate to equasearch and those types of organizations... but when is comes to a particular family I don't trust the middle men.

I noticed a familiar butterfly on the shirt CS was wearing last night. It doesn't prove anything, but KFN seems to use them on their shirts a lot. Just saying...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back