Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a Newsday article dated July 23, titled, "I wouldn't have thought it in a million years" written by Bart Jones:

Neighbors know John Bittrolff as a friendly, regular guy, a devoted father of two boys who likes to hunt deer and raise animals in his yard.
A carpenter and home improvement contractor, he won friends by plowing their snow and doing odd jobs around their houses. "He's a nice guy. He's liked throughout the community," said Roger Schwarting, who has lived next door to Bittrolff for more than a decade. "He's helped everybody. That's why it's so shocking."

BBM

Plowing snow? This might mean that he was really familiar with the area. It's like landscape maintenance. The people who do these jobs often become very familiar with the areas in which they work.

And this seems to indicate that he kept animals at both homes, although it doesn't state that he slaughtered them in both locations:

Bittrolff liked to go deer hunting upstate, where he has a second home, neighbors said. Sometimes he offered them deer meat.
He also had a variety of animals in his backyard, including pigs and goats, neighbors said.

nothing was said anything about him slaughtering animals in the neighborhood.believe me a lot of people around here have all kinds of animals and they don't kill them.si I don't know why anyone would think he did that at his home.this is a very nice neighborhood and very yuppy with large homes and properties.

I think there is far more we don't know about serial killers then we do know.
If they are killing for pleasure then I think they do whatever feels good at that moment for whatever reasons that we will never understand.

Maybe she put up a hell of a fight or said something that actually made him feel some shame and he took it out on her by degrading her more by mutilating her. Maybe he was just experimenting and discovered he didn't like it and went back to not mutilating. Who knows its hard enough just trying to understand the pleasure they get from killing. At least for me.

Agreed.

And consider this possibility: maybe she had a tattoo (like JT) and that is what was mutilated. <- 100% theory and speculation on my part

I really hope that this guy is convicted and he cracks and starts admitting to other murders.

I (along with a lot of others on this board) have put a few years into this case. Hours of side research.
I live in the area that the GB4 were found. Again I want the person responsible put away. I think we should concentrate on FACTS that link the 2 victims JB is being brought up on charges for and the other victims found in Manorville. The only link known between the GB4 and the 2 victims from JB is that the daughter knew one of the GB4. An interesting link at that. Please FACTS though!!!! This is starting to look like the LISK board that was dissolved. Remember the board that had CPH guilty? They were allowed to take another interesting link and explode on it, and look what happened.

nothing was said anything about him slaughtering animals in the neighborhood.believe me a lot of people around here have all kinds of animals and they don't kill them.si I don't know why anyone would think he did that at his home.this is a very nice neighborhood and very yuppy with large homes and properties.

Please see previous posts about this. A neighbor was quoted as saying he did. And that is the point that's been going back and forth -- it IS very unusual.

I really hope that this guy is convicted and he cracks and starts admitting to other murders.

I (along with a lot of others on this board) have put a few years into this case. Hours of side research.
I live in the area that the GB4 were found. Again I want the person responsible put away. I think we should concentrate on FACTS that link the 2 victims JB is being brought up on charges for and the other victims found in Manorville. The only link known between the GB4 and the 2 victims from JB is that the daughter knew one of the GB4. An interesting link at that. Please FACTS though!!!! This is starting to look like the LISK board that was dissolved. Remember the board that had CPH guilty? They were allowed to take another interesting link and explode on it, and look what happened.

Thank you! That other place you mentioned was just a total mess of rumor and craziness. We have plenty of facts to give us things to sleuth. Drama, lack of reality, and fantasy aren't necessary.

That's one of the things I like about this place.

From a Newsday article dated July 23, titled, "I wouldn't have thought it in a million years" written by Bart Jones:

Neighbors know John Bittrolff as a friendly, regular guy, a devoted father of two boys who likes to hunt deer and raise animals in his yard.
A carpenter and home improvement contractor, he won friends by plowing their snow and doing odd jobs around their houses. "He's a nice guy. He's liked throughout the community," said Roger Schwarting, who has lived next door to Bittrolff for more than a decade. "He's helped everybody. That's why it's so shocking."

BBM

Plowing snow? This might mean that he was really familiar with the area. It's like landscape maintenance. The people who do these jobs often become very familiar with the areas in which they work.

And this seems to indicate that he kept animals at both homes, although it doesn't state that he slaughtered them in both locations:

Bittrolff liked to go deer hunting upstate, where he has a second home, neighbors said. [B]Sometimes he offered them deer meat.[/B]He also had a variety of animals in his backyard, including pigs and goats, neighbors said.

When I read the part of the article where it said he offered them deer meat, I immediately thought that the deer meat he offered was really from the victims he mutilated. Maybe he got some sick satisfaction of offering his victims meat around the neighborhood for them to eat. This is just a thought that popped into my mind.

Agreed.

And consider this possibility: maybe she had a tattoo (like JT) and that is what was mutilated. <- 100% theory and speculation on my part
Could be. I haven't seen anything on what was meant by mutilated. I mean it could be anything. Maybe just cuts? A tattoo gouged out? I have no idea.

Please see previous posts about this. A neighbor was quoted as saying he did. And that is the point that's been going back and forth -- it IS very unusual.

From the Newsday article published on July 23, 2014 that interviews his neighbors ("I wouldn't have thought it in a million years" by Bart Jones):

Bittrolff, 48, was a hard worker who went to jobs most days and built his own home, including a garage and a playhouse for his children, Schwarting said. The two men often would share a beer on Friday evenings on Schwarting's deck, he said.
They bonded over the horses they both owned, with Bittrolff helping Schwarting clear trees to make room for his horses, Schwarting said.

And:
He also had a variety of animals in his backyard, including pigs and goats, neighbors said.
One said he had bought pygmy goats from Bittrolff. "He was always a good guy to us," he said. "He was a big animal lover."

No mention of slaughtering anything at that home, but there's nothing that says he didn't slaughter anything there. It sounds like he had plenty of space for animals; horses especially require a fair amount of space. It doesn't say that he kept horses on that property, though. His neighbor apparently did.

You guys are killing me. Please don't automatically assume that I'm making something up here. I know there's a lot of info on this board right now and the posts are nonstop, but this pig slaughter thing was read by many others and it was already discussed in this very thread last night!

As I've said, Newsday appears to have removed the quote. It is no longer in the article. But if you search Google, you will find clips from the article in aggregater sites. Like this:

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=bittrolff splattered in pig blood
pig1.jpg

http://stevebellone.com/aggregator
pig2.jpg

You guys are killing me. Please don't automatically assume that I'm making something up here. I know there's a lot of info on this board right now and the posts are nonstop, but this pig slaughter thing was read by many others and it was already discussed in this very thread last night!

As I've said, Newsday appears to have removed the quote. It is no longer in the article. But if you search Google, you will find clips from the article in aggregater sites. Like this:

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=bittrolff splattered in pig blood
View attachment 55475

View attachment 55476
And now your gonna get told you can't have you screenshots up! lol

Can anyone tell me the date he was married? I've looked all over and can not find it. I am trying to put together a time line on him as detailed as possible. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.....

Can anyone tell me the date he was married? I've looked all over and can not find it. I am trying to put together a time line on him as detailed as possible. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.....

Per Classmates.com, he and his wife both attended the same high school. She's a couple of years younger than him. That's all I've been able to find. I haven't seen anything about a marriage date.

View attachment 55475

View attachment 55476

Maybe they couldn't verify these statements, or the people who gave them changed their mind and told Newsday they didn't want their statements used? There was a quote from one person in that article who specifically told them that they didn't want to be named. Maybe the defense attorney and/or LE put pressure on them to delete this? There are many possibilities here.

Maybe they couldn't verify these statements, or the people who gave them changed their mind and told Newsday they didn't want their statements used? There was a quote from one person in that article who specifically told them that they didn't want to be named. Maybe the defense attorney and/or LE put pressure on them to delete this? There are many possibilities here.

Yes, there are many possibilities as to why it was deleted. But I was being called into question for referencing it as if I made it up. I wanted to set the record straight! :)

I've spent a lot of time trying to find it as well. No luck. I'm very curious to find out if he was married when he murdered them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay