Robin Williams found dead inside his home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is anybody else bothered that his wife left the house without saying goodbye or checking on him? Once someone is diagnosed as depressive, they become vulnerable. He had a lot of money. He's been dealing with addictions and depressions for years...why check-out now? Unless we find out he was recently diagnosed as terminally ill, I have some suspicions. JMO

This is just so sad......but within my tears are laughs....I hope this is an accurrate memory of a "Mork and Mindy" episode--fellows children of the 70's-80's help me out----Does anyone remeber RW holding eggs and throwing them up in the air crying "Fly!!! Be free!!"
Be free Robin......may your mind and soul be at rest now. The scene in "Dead Poets Society" when Keating is trying to bring forth the poet in Todd moves me to tears every time I watch it. Thank you.

We were driving back from Austin this weekend and saw a big ole truck of caged chickens. I looked at my husband and said in my not-very-good Mork voice "Fly, be free!". That was Sunday.

Odd that little line would have come to me so close to his death. Or maybe it isn't odd seeing how many people loved him and enjoyed his work. Maybe all of his silliness and heart will always be a part of us.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/12/news/companies/robin-williams-charity/

Reason #4,684 to have liked the guy and mourn his passing...he supported my favorite home-town charitable organization (St. Jude):

One of his most visible efforts was fund-raising for the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Williams began appearing in commercials and public service announcements for the hospital in 2004.
St. Jude said Williams never charged a fee for his participation in any events or activities.
"Whenever he had an opportunity to meet patients and families he would do it. When you have a person of Robin's caliber, it helps sick kids forget about their diseases for a while." said Kelly Schulz, vice president of communications at St. Jude.

I am really saddened by the news of his sudden death. Having battled with depression on and off for years (and going through a bout of it right now) it's scary how you can slide into that dark place and feel so incredibly hopeless and alone even when surrounded by others. Hopefully his family can take comfort in the fact he brought joy and laughter to so many people. RIP Robin Williams.

I've been crying on and off all day. I watched clips from his movies and tribute videos on YouTube for 2 hours and I was a mess the whole time. Now I can't cheer up!

I watched Mrs Doubtfire today, and tomorrow I will watch The Birdcage and Dead Poets Society. It is utterly tragic that a man who gave us so much joy and laughter, felt so much pain and anguish within :(

BBM;

Love that movie.

"What do I do, just stand here?"

"No! You do Fosse Fosse Fosse! You do Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Martha Graham! Or Twyla, Twyla!" "Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Or Madonna, Madonna!"

"But you keep it all inside." So funny.

My 20 y/o daughter can do that scene verbatim and does it whenever she wants to make me laugh.

SUCH A LOSS. :(

Is anybody else bothered that his wife left the house without saying goodbye or checking on him? Once someone is diagnosed as depressive, they become vulnerable. He had a lot of money. He's been dealing with addictions and depressions for years...why check-out now? Unless we find out he was recently diagnosed as terminally ill, I have some suspicions. JMO

Please don't blame his family members. . His wife is a victim and should be treated as such. The police said she thought he was still asleep and probably didn't want to disturb him.

A person can lose the battle at any time.

Please don't blame his family members. . His wife is a victim and should be treated as such. The police said she thought he was still asleep and probably didn't want to disturb him.

A person can lose the battle at any time.

RBBM

I get that. What I question is that he would leave his family to find him. If he knew that his personal assistant would find him I don't think he would do that either. I'm not blaming, just questioning. It seems like he had so much more integrity than to do that. If you've been thinking about suicide for awhile, you really don't want your family to find you. I have personal experience on both sides of this issue. Tox screen will help.

It doesn't reflect on his integrity. He has probably wanted to do this for years, but did not because of the hurt it would cause others. He gave in finally, I suppose. His pain must have been extreme.

Compiled by Tony Hicks Contra Costa Times Posted: 08/12/2014 12:07:27 PM PDT | Updated: 57 min. ago

Robin Williams had four projects in various stages of production and scheduled for release this year or in 2015 when he died of an apparent suicide Monday in his Tiburon home. According to E! News, Williams will appear in indie comedy "Merry Friggin' Christmas," co-starring Candice Bergen, Clark Duke, Pierce Gagnon, Lauren Graham, Tim Heidecker, Joel McHale, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Oliver Platt and Jeffrey Tambor. Phase 4 Films will reportedly release the movie Nov. 7 in theaters and video on demand.
Williams played Teddy Roosevelt in the sequel"Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb," which finished production in May and comes out Dec. 19, according to Twentieth Century Fox. Williams co-stars with Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Rebel Wilson, Steve Coogan, Ricky Gervais, Skyler Gisondo, Ben Kingsley, and Dan Stevens.
He also starred opposite Bob Odenkirk in director Dito Montiel's movie "Boulevard," which debuted earlier this year at the Tribeca Film Festival but doesn't have a distribution date yet.
Scheduled for release in 2015, "Absolutely Anything" has Williams voicing the animated Dennis the Dog and co-starring with Kate Beckinsale and Simon Pegg. Williams was also supposed to begin work later this year on a sequel to his 1993 hit "Mrs. Doubtfire."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_26322854/robin-williams-could-appear-four-films-after-his

Yannow? It's absolutely amazing that someone who was battling deep depression managed to perform at this level. Gosh, most people I encounter who have serious depression fight it just to get out of bed. I know he took a financial beating in his divorce and was "down sizing" his life. If he had to keep working at this pace to keep up financially all the while battling his illness, well, I can certainly understand why he would be exhausted from living and feel the need to just give up. Poor dude. Bless his heart.

Hi My WS Friends. I know many of you will get what I have to say.

I have not been able to read this thread, only a few pages. I find the death of Robin Williams to be incredibly sad. That, by killing himself he may bring attention to the deadly diseases of depression, alcohol, etc. I wonder if he thought that too. He was a comic genius. Who was tormented by depression and addiction.

There's nothing more to say, than peace to his family...his wife, children and other loved ones. I hope he can now RIP.

I saw clips on TV of him with Christopher Reeve, then I remembered how it was in the press how he helped his Christophers' child and mother.

He was a good man. That's how I will choose to remember him.

We all have our demons.

:sad:

After reading about the issues he was having with finances and struggles with addiction.... I wouldn't have minded if he took an extended vacation from acting or just quit it altogether.
Wouldn't the alimony he owed be relative to the amount of money he was making --or not ?

It's so sad , people who never met him feel grief over his passing; and yet none of us could help him. People can't know how bad you're getting if you don't let them know.

One person who said she knew Williams for many years felt that he was "...always in character.." A person can't keep that up ---they'd eventually crash and maybe that's what happened to Robin ?
And yet , let a "star" reveal his inner self and struggles and we jump all over him/her. ( Thinking about Mel Gibson and some of his issues. )

I was reading through all of the tributes here on WS and felt that many of you have worded them so beautifully. Somehow I wish Robin Williams knew that people cared about him beyond his acting abilities.

After reading about the issues he was having with finances and struggles with addiction.... I wouldn't have minded if he took an extended vacation from acting or just quit it altogether.
Wouldn't the alimony he owed be relative to the amount of money he was making --or not ?

It's so sad , people who never met him feel grief over his passing; and yet none of us could help him. People can't know how bad you're getting if you don't let them know.

One person who said she knew Williams for many years felt that he was "...always in character.." A person can't keep that up ---they'd eventually crash and maybe that's what happened to Robin ?
And yet , let a "star" reveal his inner self and struggles and we jump all over him/her. ( Thinking about Mel Gibson and some of his issues. )

I was reading through all of the tributes here on WS and felt that many of you have worded them so beautifully. Somehow I wish Robin Williams knew that people cared about him beyond his acting abilities.

Yeah, but unlike Mel Gibson (who said some really offensive things), I haven't come across anyone who has a negative word to say about Robin Williams. He really seemed to be a nice guy inside and out. Too bad he didn't feel he could share his pain so that he could get help and be saved. Robin did give hints of loneliness, as did Cory Monteith, and sadness, and it looks like he was under financial pressure.

From April 2014:
Robin Williams Lists His Napa Ranch At $29.9 Million
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erincar...illiams-lists-his-napa-ranch-at-29-9-million/

Williams has publicly stated that money concerns after two divorces drove him back to the small screen, and that he is selling his ranch because he can’t afford it. His CBS show “The Crazy Ones,” which debuted last fall with Sarah Michelle Gellar, looks likely to be cancelled. The home was unofficially on the market in 2012 for $35 million.

In 1977 or 1978, I saw Robin Williams perform at The Comedy Store. This was before Mork & Mindy. He was unknown. Jay Leno and David Letterman were also on the lineup. They were already pretty famous. Well, Robin Williams came out last, and just blew everyone away with his rapid-fire, intense comedy. He stole the show. I thought, damn, this guy is going places! As the years went by, Robin became a better actor than comedian IMO. I felt his comedy schtick went a bit stale. That happens a lot with comedians because you get used to their style. But he could still crack you up with just one facial expression!

In 1977 or 1978, I saw Robin Williams perform at The Comedy Store. This was before Mork & Mindy. He was unknown. Jay Leno and David Letterman were also on the lineup. They were already pretty famous. Well, Robin Williams came out last, and just blew everyone away with his rapid-fire, intense comedy. He stole the show. I thought, damn, this guy is going places! As the years went by, Robin became a better actor than comedian IMO. I felt his comedy schtick went a bit stale. That happens a lot with comedians because you get used to their style. But he could still crack you up with just one facial expression!

Wow! That was quite a line-up! What a great night for you to be able to tuck into your box of memories.

Sounds like a great place and much needed. We need many more Gathering Places. I'm so glad you have a place where you feel safe and comfortable and able to express yourself to others who understand.

If anyone lives in the Houston area I highly urge you to check it out. There are some lower functioning but I understand and love them. They are the ones I get the most fulfillment when I interact with them. One has such a cute smile with dimples. He was ok til he was 18.

Another thing. People who are mentally ill are usually very intelligent.

Wow! That was quite a line-up! What a great night for you to be able to tuck into your box of memories.

Oh yeah! The weird part is, I had never been to any comedy club before, and haven't been to one since! It was just a spur of the moment thing with me and my buddies.

It doesn't reflect on his integrity. He has probably wanted to do this for years, but did not because of the hurt it would cause others. He gave in finally, I suppose. His pain must have been extreme.

I agree it doesn't reflect on his integrity - He worked a 12 step program for much of his life. It's obvious from his actions that he had a great deal of integrity. That's my point. He would not have wanted his family to find him IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back