Robin Williams found dead inside his home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate it when families fight over things like this. A tuxedo? Ugh

I so agree, Tawny.
After having gone through this kind of thing in my own family a few times, it's amazing what people will fight over.
Costume jewellery--broken costume jewellery. Bags of dried leaves and petals. Stuff you couldn't give away at a yard sale.
Logic is gone. It's pure emotion, IMO. Some kind of turf war between siblings, first and second families, children and step-parents.
Old grievances that might have been considered cold and done with come back with hurricane force.
One of my sisters has in-laws who have now not spoken since a dispute like this for going on ten years.
No arguments over money. It was over mis-matched china and towels.
It's so sad.
In this case, it seems that Robin went to some lengths to prevent anything like this from happening.
And, at it's core, this dispute is probably about something else entirely.

I so agree, Tawny.
After having gone through this kind of thing in my own family a few times, it's amazing what people will fight over.

I might have already said this, so apologies if it is repetitious. When my BIL died, his mother and his half siblings sued his live in girlfriend for all THEIR furniture and belongings, and won in court because she couldn't afford to hire a lawyer. From what I was told, they even took her Christmas decorations out of her attic which had been from her own family. I saw the demands their lawyer sent to her, and on the list was a demand for all of the leftover shampoo and conditioner from his shower. I mean, REALLY people?!?!?! It was a disgusting display of disgraceful behavior humans are capable of.

NB4, that is beyond cruel. Absolutely disgraceful and deserving of censure. Although, with people who would do something like that, they wouldn't recognize censure if it bit them in the butt. A bite in their bank account, maybe. But to leave her with nothing at all that she and your BIL shared speaks to people who are hollow, and don't know how to fill the space with anything but "stuff". Like leftover shampoo.

wendiesan, it was just disgusting. This was my husband's ex-stepmother (who had the child with DH's Dad), and it was she and her kids from a previous marriage who did all this. DH had not thought highly of her back in the day when she was married to his Dad. I have never witnessed such greedy, nasty, despicable behavior. He was pretty young, so he didn't have all that much to fight over. The house belonged to the GF before she met him, but IIRC, they still tried to take all her appliances, ceiling fans, etc. Very modest home, very sweet natured young lady who just got steam rollered by these people.

They tried to strip her home that of everything she had bought?
What did they do with the things they took? Sell them? Throw them away so she couldn't ever have them again? I doubt they'd have used the shampoo.
I bet they even tried to take away the house.
And all because they had enough money to hire a lawyer, and she didn't.
This is so unfair. However, the rats had great timing--hit her while she's grieving and dealing with all the details of her boyfriend's estate and before she can get the resources together to fight back.
Poor woman. I hope she's been able to bring the pieces of her life back together.

I guess this part has been worked out . House was bought for around $4 million in 2008, before marriage. Worth around $7.5 million today.

Feb NY Times article
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/03/m...dow-and-children-tangle-over-estate.html?_r=0

Under the terms of the updated trust, Mrs. Williams was to be provided her own separate trust, the Susan Trust, which included the Tiburon home and “the contents thereof,” subject to certain restrictions. She would also be given enough cash or property to cover, for her lifetime, “all costs related to the residence.”

Mrs. Williams’s petition states that this should include “all expenses associated with daily upkeep as well as unexpected renovations and improvements.”

In their response, the Williams children faulted Mrs. Williams for appearing to be arguing for additional funds before the Susan Trust had even been funded. They cite this as an illustration of “the greed that appears to be driving petitioner’s actions.”

The Birdcage was featured on POP Network over the weekend. It's one of my favorite Robin Williams films along with Dead Poets Society and Mrs. Doubtfire. I watched The Birdcage twice and couldn't help thinking again what a tremendous loss RW's death is for everyone who appreciated his enormous talent. RIP :rose:

I totally agree Bette.....RW Was fabulous in the Birdcage.....Luv that show too.

Awakenings, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Birdcage...in no particular order, these are my favorites. :)

The Birdcage will air tonight (Friday) at 8:00PM (Eastern) on POP network.

Watches and gems stuffed in socks, the paranoid final hours of Robin Williams: Documentary claims Parkinson's suffering actor spent last day in frenzy looking up drugs on the internet

Post-mortem showed Robin Williams had undiagnosed case of dementia

The condition could explain his insomnia, anxiety and paranoid tendencies

Internet searches suggest he knew something else was wrong, expert says

His wife described how he stuffed watches in socks shortly before death

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pent-hours-frenzy-looking-drugs-internet.html

It's the anniversary of Robin William's passing.

I'm going to watch Bird Cage and Good Morning Vietnam and his interview on Shrink Rap with Dr. Pamela Connolly (Billy Connolly's wife) and just enjoy his energy and his artistry. A talent still sadly missed.

Williams' widow refused to allow the children or the trustees of the estate into her home following Williams' death claiming that the children had taken items that were hers.

But in December, his widow filed an aggressive legal action claiming the contents of the home she shared with Williams should be excluded from the things the actor left his children. She also claimed some of her husband’s personal items were taken from her home without her permission.
The trustees were blindsided, saying she had gone to court without mentioning her concerns to them. As well as demanding that ‘memorabilia’ be limited to what was connected to his entertainment career (for example, she cited the rainbow braces he wore on Eighties comedy series Mork & Mindy), she insisted ‘jewellery’ didn’t include his impressive collection of watches.
Most woundingly to the children, she claimed unspecified people had the keys to the house and started taking things away just days after Williams’s death.

In fact — as his daughter Zelda insists, she and her brothers hadn’t even been into the house since their father’s death. (A friend said Mrs Schneider Williams actually barred the three from coming into the house the moment their father died). In public, the children have stayed out of the legal row but Zelda’s remarks spoke volumes for their deep upset over her behaviour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-WAR-Robin-Williams-s-will.html#ixzz3jHC0IvYg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562
Back