Romanian Church Wants Pregnant 11-year-old Rape Victim to Give Birth

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with this completely. In this situation, I would under no circumstance let my child make the decision to carry the pregnancy to term even if she felt like she wanted to. I do not believe an 11-year-old is in a position to make that decision.

I would tell her that the pregnancy endangers her and that, as her parent, I cannot allow her continue to be in danger. Hence - an operation to end the pregnancy.

If she was angry at me (in the instant or later), I would be okay with that.
Totally twisted !!!

finally???? :confused:
what about the rest of us ? :)

Oh honey... forgive me. :blowkiss:

SCM will kick my hiney. :blowkiss:

I appreciate both of you! :woohoo:

Details....:blowkiss:

Seriously, forgive me...my game is a bit off tonight.:blushing:

Oh honey... forgive me. :blowkiss:

SCM will kick my hiney. :blowkiss:

I appreciate both of you! :woohoo:

Details....:blowkiss:

Seriously, forgive me...my game is a bit off tonight.:blushing:
just checking ! :blowkiss:

at 11 years old? you would let her choose?

You know, I said that, but I really don't know.
If I HAD to choose for her I would choose abortion...but also I am one of those moms who is easy-going, etc...I guess because MY dad was SO controlling up until I was 25!!!! He constantly TOLD ME WHAT TO DO and I hated it with a passion, but was to afraid to say so.
Surely at 11 yrs old I would NOT expect my kid to make a wise decidion ON HER OWN....Me, myself, I would urge my child toward abortion, and I don't care who does/does NOT agree with me.

The key is that life is life. The Church is not grand standing, but simply following mandites

you ask a lot of questions here. Which is it?

Sure, fine...but being pregnant and giving birth is only a bad thing to a mind that makes it so. What about the child that believes that the unborn is worthy of life??

Totally twisted !!!
no more-
just another BIG WOW

The uncle who raped the 11 year old girl has disappeared, I'm wondering if he disappeared willingly or if something else happened?
I hope she is able to go to England, there will be no winners with this situation however it ends up.

VB

If it's her decision, she'll feel guilty for the rest of her life. She shouldn't have to bear that burden, hear people call those who have abortions babykillers and think they mean her, or have a child at 11 that she cannot care for, feel responsible and guilty for whatever happens to it, as she gets older.

I wouldn't let her decide - I'd listen to her feelings - but she should not bear the weight of that decision. At 16 - definitely, she has a lot of weight in the decision, it'd probably be entirely hers. But not at 11.

At 11, I was the same size as I am now. I don't know how developed this girl's body is, but we shouldn't automatically assume that pregnancy would be life-threatening for her.

At 11, I was the same size as I am now. I don't know how developed this girl's body is, but we shouldn't automatically assume that pregnancy would be life-threatening for her.

Honey,
At 11 she is still developing. Her bones are still growing. She most likely has just started having a menstrual cycle.

Honey,
At 11 she is still developing. Her bones are still growing. She most likely has just started having a menstrual cycle.

We don't really know if a pregnancy would threaten her life, however. I know two women who gave birth at 12. While nonethless horrible and emotionally scarring, they had no adverse physical effects. As I said, I was at my full height at 11, and I had been menstruating for a few years.

Of course, I completely condemn that the church is making decisions for this girl. But we can't automatically advocate an abortion on health grounds.

I am sure there was a story on here recently somewhere about a ten year old who gave birth after being raped by a guy in his thirties so it is possible that this Romanian child could "physically" give birth.
However I must admit I am struggling with this one as I am a Catholic and just dont agree with abortion...to me life has always been life and I could never have one as I know I couldnt, and wouldnt live with my conscience after.
This little girl is just a little girl and she has been raped though and its so unfair....I just am really struggling in how I would feel if it was me or my daughter.....she is too young to have a baby and worse still a rapist's baby but its still a baby.....I just have no idea what I would do in this situation but I know I Thank God I am not in it for everything I believe and feel would be torn in two. I know I wouldnt want her to have it but I wouldnt want her to have an abortion either and yet I would have to make a choice and pray to God it was the right one...........why oh why do children have to suffer like this for the perversions of sick twisted adults.
I hope no one is upset with this opinion as its just this case has muddled up all my thoughts and troubles me. My family are irish and this reminds me of a case we had there that was almost the same....there was a book written about it and it caused so much debate and controversy as of course abortion is not legal in Ireland and I was always glad about that. I think the debate in that case too was over whether the young girl should be allowed to England for it..........its just a terrible sad agonising horrible cruel situation to be in and my heart aches for this child and I must admit for the unborn one too

Ciara,
Don't be afraid to post honey.
I got a bit snippy earlier tonight myself and I had to take a coffee break. ;)
It is hard to offer a cut and dry pointn of view on a subject such as this one.

I am sure there was a story on here recently somewhere about a ten year old who gave birth after being raped by a guy in his thirties so it is possible that this Romanian child could "physically" give birth.
However I must admit I am struggling with this one as I am a Catholic and just dont agree with abortion...to me life has always been life and I could never have one as I know I couldnt, and wouldnt live with my conscience after.
This little girl is just a little girl and she has been raped though and its so unfair....I just am really struggling in how I would feel if it was me or my daughter.....she is too young to have a baby and worse still a rapist's baby but its still a baby.....I just have no idea what I would do in this situation but I know I Thank God I am not in it for everything I believe and feel would be torn in two. I know I wouldnt want her to have it but I wouldnt want her to have an abortion either and yet I would have to make a choice and pray to God it was the right one...........why oh why do children have to suffer like this for the perversions of sick twisted adults.
I hope no one is upset with this opinion as its just this case has muddled up all my thoughts and troubles me. My family are irish and this reminds me of a case we had there that was almost the same....there was a book written about it and it caused so much debate and controversy as of course abortion is not legal in Ireland and I was always glad about that. I think the debate in that case too was over whether the young girl should be allowed to England for it..........its just a terrible sad agonising horrible cruel situation to be in and my heart aches for this child and I must admit for the unborn one too

Which is why girls have been taking the boat to Holyhead for a long time. :(

I know they have Floh.......actually this is my first "controversial" subject post. I kept all the others neutral that I have made on this site so far mainly because I know that once u step into a fire you are bound to get burned.
I always preferred they took that boat from Holyhead than did it in Ireland though. I took that boat myself many times from Holyhead back and forth to home but obviously not for this reason.............
I think others are free to feel and do as they see fit but I know for me that I have to be able to sleep at night so I made a conscious effort to NOT ever put myself in the position of having to choose whether I would have to have an abortion or not..........This child was not given a choice to get pregnant though.......and neither did her unborn child have any choice in the matter and thats where my dilemma lies:confused:

I know this is offtopic but can anyone tell me how to quote someone else's post in mine.how do you quote a whole post and how do you quote part of a post? I wanted to say Thankyou to philamena for her post to me on this thread?

I know this is offtopic but can anyone tell me how to quote someone else's post in mine.how do you quote a whole post and how do you quote part of a post? I wanted to say Thankyou to philamena for her post to me on this thread?

In the bottom right of the text box of a post you will see the option to quote. click on it and the whole quote will come up as a part of your repy to the post. you can take out what you don't want to respond to and then you can write your reply underneath after the quote is finished (or above). :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper
Back