Ron C. # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree I know of crane operators who work at their own pace on their own schedule and solo. Whos to say his job didnt require moving things that didnt get specific attention immediately....he could be working in an area with no other workers and can work straps and tie downs on his own, crane operating does not require more than one person, sorry......You state this like a its a fact he was working in a factory line of some sort...missed those details....and I will say this is jmooc......

IIRC, Ron was working inside of a fabrication shop operating an overhead rolling crane. I wondered at first too, if he was operating a picker (small crane) out in the laydown areas outside away from most of the employees. Someone early on posted that he was operating an overhead rolling crane and attached a photo of the type crane. If this is accurate, then he would be in plain view. Don't know if this is accurate or not, so I may have to delete this post?

I think it is time people started to question to themselves why LE is not telling the public who is cleared.

If R & M were clear, they would scream it from the rooftops! That would meant the entire investigation would move forward.

That might mean there is a pedophile that has committed a crime and to be on the lookout for the person. There would be a notification in the neighborhood to "Watch your children"...he is on the loose. There may be evidence left behind at the scene of an abductor (hair, fiber)...and if there were, they would clear R

I agree with ya! I think that if at the very least LE cleared some people that maybe someone will be nervous and spill the beans to save their own butt. Maybe tongues will loosen and the list will be narrowed down a bit.

I disagree I know of crane operators who work at their own pace on their own schedule and solo. Whos to say his job didnt require moving things that didnt get specific attention immediately....he could be working in an area with no other workers and can work straps and tie downs on his own, crane operating does not require more than one person, sorry......You state this like a its a fact he was working in a factory line of some sort...missed those details....and I will say this is jmooc......
Well, I disagree with you. Not just MOO. My experience. Full time employment in heavy construction since 1973. In the field. I've operated cranes myself. For many years I was an ironworker.

You don't know what you're talking about.

It's remotely possible that you may have encountered some isolated instances of a fly-by-night operation acting that way. It is not only unprofessional, it is outright dangerous. It also violates a string of OSHA regulations that I won't bother to enumerate here. It's also a waste of crane time, and money.

I don't think that PDM is fly-by-night.

I'll throw you a bone here. It's possible that Ron's duties did not involve him operating the crane full time. Unlikely, but possible. Otherwise, while he was working as a operator that's all he was doing. Not rigging. Not flagging. Not connecting. Not wandering off when the mood took him. And, yes, people would be watching pretty much the whole time.

BBM...
SS could you please point me in the direction that shows LE using all the "info" Ron has given them to use against Ron and Misty.

IMO Ronald does indeed need to be subjected to further interviews with LE, his daughter is missing for crying out loud and Misty needs to be down there as well especially since she happens to be the one with the problems LE needs cleared up. What is the problem with going in there unless you are just being childish.
It should not be a problem for anyone in the family to do this at all.
What can be gained could be something forgotten that can bring HALEIGH HOME !
It isn't a matter of being childish, imo. This isn't a game, imo. IMO...It would be very stupid for them to let LE railroad them because they have not gone down the correct path to solve this case and have nothing to go on now after six months, again...imo.

LE have made several statements including the last one where they complain of Ronald "resisting" their attempts to interrogate him...again. We all know their message they keep sending out about Misty being the "key". It is my opinion they are definitely trying to use their words against them and from the sound of what Ronald said in the last article...it appears he feels much the same way, IMO.

Badgering them is not going to make them remember anything to bring Haleigh home, imo. If they did remember something that would make a huge difference, they probably should hire an attorney to relay the information for them and avoid the beat down...IMO.

I would never say that to the arresting officers either. I was saying that to the people who are forever stating that Ron is totally innocent of any crime and that all the past charges were trumped up. That is who I was talking to. I'm sure the officers who arrested him were very frustrated with the revolving door.
(my bold above)

Who are these people? Are any of them around here for you to be talking too?

I keep missing all the good stuff. The only time I ever see any statements like these are in posts like yours where they're being disagreed with.

That's called a "straw man" argument.

(my bold above)

Who are these people? Are any of them around here for you to be talking too?

I keep missing all the good stuff. The only time I ever see any statements like these are in posts like yours where they're being disagreed with.

That's called a "straw man" argument.

The posts were here for a while forty two. They were deleted by the mod as it got rather heated. Insulting LE officers is not cool in my book.

IMO, Ronald has no reason to be subjected to further interrogations by LE at this point. He has told them everything he knows, what he remembers, given them lists, taken a LDT, probably has offered his DNA, and all they have done is try to use all of that against him and his wife, imo. He tried to openly work with them without lawyering up for the longest time and so has Misty. (Did she ever get an attorney?) It doesn't sound to me like there was any lack of cooperation there at all. If either one had lawyered up immediately...I could understand why people would be up in arms about not meeting with LE. That did not happen in this case.

What could possibly be gained besides LE not being able to keep bashing them repeatedly in the media for "resisting" to talk? LE will only continue their assault on them for not being able to tell them what happened to Haleigh. They don't know what happened to Haleigh, imo. There is nothing left for them to say to LE!!

Mysticrose also bolded this portion of your post but I have a different approach: What could possibly be gained? Surely since the first month of this investigation additional information has been gathered through interviews between LE and neighbors, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, relatives, even strangers who either witnessed or heard anything the night that Haleigh disappeared. I would bet that evidence has grown and statements taken may have shed some light on the hours prior to Haleigh missing that have brought up additional questions for the people involved with Haleigh that may or may not be vital for the investigation. LE doesn't know what could be gained because certain people (very involved with Haleigh) will not talk or communicate with LE at all, thereby could be stalling the investigation to a standstill. Something gathered by LE since the last time that they interviewed Ron and Misty could be vital in jarring their memories about the hours or days prior to the crime and maybe with input from Ron and Misty, the crime could be solved. How can Ron and Misty possibly miss a chance to help find Haleigh?

Ok, you made me do it. When I was 5 yrs old, oh oK! Maybe a bit older.... I also worked around and with crane work for nearly thirty years. Working with setting large machinery, towers, stacks reactors, generators, turbines, you get the drift, there can be "down" time for critical lifts, such as a weather factor (wind for one), coordinating lift plans, and it can be for up to many hours. Ron was reported to operate a rolling crane inside of a building. If so, you are correct, the operator usually doesn't come down unless for lunch break or a restroom break and this is when a lift is not being done.
Thank you.

(You deserved more than just the button.)

ETA: MOO

Action News has learned that her parents meet with detectives once a month to talk about leads and what they've found. There's also a new chief investigator, overseeing Haleigh's case. She was one of the first deputies at the scene when Haleigh disappeared.
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...ths-missing-today/Lz_91PDOSU2XXRzHEeHdYA.cspx

Interesting.

I don't see where detectives are meeting with the parents. It appears that detectives are meeting "in-house".

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...ths-missing-today/Lz_91PDOSU2XXRzHEeHdYA.cspx

"Investigators are still working to bring her home and meet once a month to talk about leads and what they've found. There's also a new chief investigator, overseeing Haleigh's case. She was one of the first deputies at the scene when Haleigh disappeared."

It isn't a matter of being childish. This isn't a game. IMO...It would be very stupid for them to let LE railroad them because they have not gone down the correct path to solve this case and have nothing to go on now after six months, again...imo.

LE have made several statements including the last one where they complain of Ronald "resisting" their attempts to interrogate him...again. We all know their message they keep sending out about Misty being the "key". It is my opinion they are definitely trying to use their words against them and from the sound of what Ronald said in the last article...it appears he feels much the same way.
Badgering them is not going to make them remember anything to bring Haleigh home, imo. If they did remember something that would make a huge difference, they probably should hire an attorney to relay the information for them and avoid the beat down...IMO.

BBM....
I'm not sure that going in and cooperating with the local LE is going to get them railroaded by LE.
LE wishes to interview Ron and Misty not interrogate them big difference in wording there.
Ronald needs to get over his "feeling" and get down there and help. If he is that concerned as you state ( which we do not know how he really feels) then he should have asked his lawyers to stay on to help talk with LE.
When Ron did have his attorney he was doing no talking at that time either he should have taken that time to do more with LE when he felt protected. It is my opionion Ron has no respect for law officials period. That was clear during the 911 call..of course JMO as I do not feel he has much respect for anyone but himself.
If I was in his situation I would be doing all I could, isn't that what you are supposed to do for your children ? Even if that meant taking a little heat from LE. What do you have to lose if you do not have anything to hide..JMO of course.

Inside Ronald Cummings' home, Haleigh’s Great Grandmother sat in a chair wearing a shirt with Haleigh’s face on it. She says the past six months have been most difficult on Haleigh’s father and little brother.

“He just doesn’t understand why his sissy won’t come home. And he talks about her. If he goes to the store, if he gets a candy bar he has to get his sister a candy bar. If he gets a toy he has to get a toy. His nightmares aren’t as bad as they used to be, but he won’t go to sleep unless his daddy or Misty are in the house,” said Annette Sykes.

“He knows that somebody stole his sister. But it just doesn’t sink in. You know, he’s so young and he doesn’t understand what that means,” said Sykes.

Both sides of Haleigh’s family say they wish the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office contacted them more to let them know the latest in the investigation.

“They’ve done everything they can with what they have, but me being a mom I just feel like there’s more that they can do...I don’t know what else to do,” said Crystal Sheffield.

“For us to just have to sit here and wait, and wait, and wait, and nobody call to say anything, I guarantee you if it was their child or grandchild they’d be jumping up and down screaming,” said Annette Sykes.

We took the family’s concerns to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office. A Deputy there says it is keeping all of the specifics of the investigation close to the cuff. The Deputy also said he was unaware that investigators had not called the family in awhile, and would be addressing that with them.

“I don’t know the status of the callbacks, I’ll have to look into it,” said Lt. Johnny Greenwood.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...n-reaches-6-month/p4wXKq55rEauOjBTjViGfQ.cspx

BBM....
I'm not sure that going in and cooperating with the local LE is going to get them railroaded by LE.
LE wishes to interview Ron and Misty not interrogate them big difference in wording there.
Ronald needs to get over his "feeling" and get down there and help. If he is that concerned as you state ( which we do not know how he really feels) then he should have asked his lawyers to stay on to help talk with LE.
When Ron did have his attorney he was doing no talking at that time either he should have taken that time to do more with LE when he felt protected. It is my opionion Ron has no respect for law officials period. That was clear during the 911 call..of course JMO as I do not feel he has much respect for anyone but himself.If I was in his situation I would be doing all I could, isn't that what you are supposed to do for your children ? Even if that meant taking a little heat from LE. What do you have to lose if you do not have anything to hide..JMO of course.

I'm not sure it is respect that he has for himself, it may just be mutual admiration.

From same article so posting on this thread as well - This new lead investigator would be Peggy Cone I believe as she is head of missing persons - So not so new?

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office did say the Haleigh Cummings investigation is far from a cold case. It says tips come in daily, but many are not factual or just don’t pan out. Deputies also tell Action News a member of the FDLE is currently going over every single tip and lead that has come in to make sure no stone is left unturned. Action News has also confirmed a new chief investigator has taken over the case, and she is the head of Putnam County’s missing persons division
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...n-reaches-6-month/p4wXKq55rEauOjBTjViGfQ.cspx

Inside Ronald Cummings' home, Haleigh’s Great Grandmother sat in a chair wearing a shirt with Haleigh’s face on it. She says the past six months have been most difficult on Haleigh’s father and little brother.

“He just doesn’t understand why his sissy won’t come home. And he talks about her. If he goes to the store, if he gets a candy bar he has to get his sister a candy bar. If he gets a toy he has to get a toy. His nightmares aren’t as bad as they used to be, but he won’t go to sleep unless his daddy or Misty are in the house,” said Annette Sykes.

“He knows that somebody stole his sister. But it just doesn’t sink in. You know, he’s so young and he doesn’t understand what that means,” said Sykes.

Both sides of Haleigh’s family say they wish the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office contacted them more to let them know the latest in the investigation.

“They’ve done everything they can with what they have, but me being a mom I just feel like there’s more that they can do...I don’t know what else to do,” said Crystal Sheffield.

“For us to just have to sit here and wait, and wait, and wait, and nobody call to say anything, I guarantee you if it was their child or grandchild they’d be jumping up and down screaming,” said Annette Sykes.

We took the family’s concerns to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office. A Deputy there says it is keeping all of the specifics of the investigation close to the cuff. The Deputy also said he was unaware that investigators had not called the family in awhile, and would be addressing that with them.

“I don’t know the status of the callbacks, I’ll have to look into it,” said Lt. Johnny Greenwood.

I hope that Butter Bean's Father will show his love for his children and stop resisting LE and go in and help find HaLeigh. That would help this poor little boy who is so missing his sissy. Misty could also go in and clear up the inconsistancies out of her great love for the children.

BBM....
LE wishes to interview Ron and Misty not interrogate them big difference in wording there.Ronald needs to get over his "feeling" and get down there and help. If he is that concerned as you state ( which we do not know how he really feels) then he should have asked his lawyers to stay on to help talk with LE.
When Ron did have his attorney he was doing no talking at that time either he should have taken that time to do more with LE when he felt protected. It is my opionion Ron has no respect for law officials period. That was clear during the 911 call..of course JMO as I do not feel he has much respect for anyone but himself.
If I was in his situation I would be doing all I could, isn't that what you are supposed to do for your children ? Even if that meant taking a little heat from LE. What do you have to lose if you do not have anything to hide..JMO of course.

I don't agree that there is a big difference in the wording at all. It is obvious they want to conduct a "formal" interview as opposed to wanting to just ask him some questions/clarify some matters.

Re the "what do you have to lose if you do not have anything to hide" point....perhaps you should ask that of the many people who gave their sides of the story in investigations and found themselves doing serious time for crimes they haven't committed. Sad but true, it's happened a lot.

I do think Ron has done all he can to help LE find Haleigh and can understand his frustration if he believes LE aren't looking for her as they are too busy focusing on him and his spouse. If I knew I wasn't responsible for my child missing, and LE kept making statements to the press like LE is doing in this case rather than spending their time looking for my daughter, I'd be incredibly frustrated/fed-up too.

Why does there always have to be a negative comment towards RC. I read that article and it broke my heart, for both sides of the family. Every single post pretty much someone has to throw a dig in at RC on just about every dang thread. Gets old real fast.

I don't agree that there is a big difference in the wording at all. It is obvious they want to conduct a "formal" interview as opposed to wanting to just ask him some questions/clarify some matters.

Re the "what do you have to lose if you do not have anything to hide" point....perhaps you should ask that of the many people who gave their sides of the story in investigations and found themselves doing serious time for crimes they haven't committed. Sad but true, it's happened a lot.

I do think Ron has done all he can to help LE find Haleigh and can understand his frustration if he believes LE aren't looking for her as they are too busy focusing on him and his spouse. If I knew I wasn't responsible for my child missing, and LE kept making statements to the press like LE is doing in this case rather than spending their time looking for my daughter, I'd be incredibly frustrated/fed-up too.

BBM...
The reason LE is focused on Ron and Misty is because they won't go down and clear up what LE feels needs clearing up in order to move on on finding Haleigh. Ron has not done all he can if he is not willing to go down there and take some heat for his daughter, and that goes for the whole family..jmo of course. If they get down there maybe LE can move on.

LE may call them interviews, but at this point...I would consider them to be "interrogations" which is of course MY OPINION.

If my child was missing and they only considered myself and my spouse to be of interest for six months...then I would not be willing to rush over to chat with them. If I saw they were working in the best interest of my child, doing the kind of interviews to assist me in bringing my child home, conducting impartial and professional searches for my child, and presenting to the press that we were cooperating with them...I would believe they were sincere in asking for additional information and be as helpful as possible.

It is MY OPINION that LE has not acted in the best interest of Haleigh in the way this investigation has been handled and I would suggest they take a hard look at others besides Ronald and Misty. It is also MY OPINION that the reason they have no path to follow now is because they missed the critical first pieces of evidence which would allow them to be heading the right direction to find Haleigh and find the real perp. << MY OPINIONS IN CASE ANYONE MISSED IT.

BBM...
The reason LE is focused on Ron and Misty is because they won't go down and clear up what LE feels needs clearing up in order to move on on finding Haleigh. Ron has not done all he can if he is not willing to go down there and take some heat for his daughter, and that goes for the whole family..jmo of course. If they get down there maybe LE can move on.

Exactly. As it is, investigators cannot get past Ronald and Misty. I just wish that all would cooperate fully so that hopefully one day little Haleigh could be located. JMO

Call it an interrogation, then. If LE believes they have things they need to "interrogate" Ronald and Misty regarding the disappearance of Haleigh, I imagine they want to get those things cleared up. Further, that they haven't gone over and picked him up in a squad car, making it appear he is under arrest, or even arresting him, it must be considered that what they want to clear up would also then clear Ronald (and/or Misty) if reason exists to clear them after this interrogation.

But without them cooperating, it's all moot until they're either cooperative, or hauled in. I imagine that the longer they wait to be cooperative, the longer it is LE has to make a choice that doesn't need cooperation any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper