Ron C. #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Pirate... so easy to disparage people outside the small circle of those (two, to be precise) who were responsible for Haleigh at the time under whose watch she disappeared and to distract from the only issue that ultimately matters which is WHERE IS HALEIGH????? JMO

:parrot:

My mother went to fl to see my sister and brother who she hadn't seen since their father stole them off the school bus in Delaware. Their grandmother took them to the motel to see her- my then step father occupied the grandmother while mom talked to the kids asking them if they wanted to go live with her-they did so the three of them crawled out the bathroom window and went across to a different motel and waited for the fireworks when the kids dad got there-

So tell me was it my step father who had physical custody responsible for the kids being taken? (answer is easy no my mother was)
And who was responsible when he took them off the bus the state because the kids were in state custody? (no the father was)

The point is simple the person who took Haleigh is to blame. And at this point it is just as possible that it was someone connected to Crystal who didn't have custody as it is to Ron who did.

a year later we went back to FL and got custody. (that was in the mid 70's for those wondering why she wasn't prosecuted.)

I saw the shows yesterday and saw no mention of the pastor taking Ron to get the tattoo. I've heard that nowhere else, either, and considering the interest that would have raised, I strongly suspect the poster here simply misspoke.

What was said was that Ron had become emotional the night before, so his mother called the pastor to come speak to him.

Some people online have understandably speculated that the pastor might have also advised him to get away from the tents, but that's the extent of it, AFAIK.

For what it's worth, I don't think Ron did anything to Haleigh. I think she was the apple of his eye, and I doubt he would even strike at her hard enough to harm her.

I do believe his lifestyle and choice of girlfriend (all of them, for that matter) put her at risk. And I believe he has a propensity toward violence and intimidation.

I wouldn't have a problem with the tattoo, except for the fact that the money would be better spent.

If it is true that a couple called the parlor and prepaid the $400 for him, then the prudent thing for a parent to do, IMHO, would have been to request that the owner or the couple forward the cash as a donation to help find their daughter, instead.

So it is believed he was dealing drugs instead of just going to get a tattoo? GMAB!! :rolleyes: No dealer...big or small...will come within ten miles of this guy right now!! Does the term "HOT" mean anything anymore?!

First of all...where do people think he would safely tuck these drugs away with LE and the media all over him? They found him at the tattoo parlor hours away!! I can't see him out making deals (especially with the Pastor, if it is true he went with them) or doing anything illegal which would put more heat on him while he is being held with his feet to the fire at the moment. It is simply ridiculous to entertain that idea, imo.

Drug charges YEARS ago means he is probably dealing there now?! To imply the charges have anything to do with what is happening currently is certainly reaching beyond my grasp of reality! (shaking my head) Have those same dealers/buyers been hanging out waiting on his return to the trade or have they been swinging deals while LE has been all over his cell phone, trailer, vehicle, and family?! :eek:

I think it's pretty clear that RC is a drug user. I also think that that's neither here nor there in terms of this case.

Either he was at work when Haleigh disappeared, and her disappearance was the work of someone else, or he did something before he left for work.

His drug history may make him a him a less-than-desirable partner, or employee, and even a less-than-stellar father. But unless he participated in Haleigh's disappearance, it simply has no bearing. (And if he did participate, it would not provide a defense, either.)

That said, it's not all that ludicrous to think that leaving town to complete a transaction of some sort might have occurred. Could he have just paid a debt he owed to someone? Sure. Could he have made a buy for personal use? Definitely--there's an awful lot of people breathing down his neck at home.

Or maybe he just needed to get the heck out of dodge for a breather--get some tattoo endorphins flowing, and hear his own thoughts for a while.

Whatever--I don't think it plays in to the case. I don't for even a second buy the vengeful drug cartel explanation for Haleigh's disappearance. I think that is an enormous leap. I don't have tons of drug experience of my own, but I do have a small-potatoes drug felon in the family, and despite his propensity to squeal to save his own skin from prison (sometimes even successfully) or to sample the stock, no one has come 'round even to beat him to a pulp yet, let alone exact vengeance by abducting his children.

The recent LV drug cartel child abduction involved the child's grandfather; it was far more complicated than simple revenge for a deal gone bad.

I too think the kidnapping for revenge by a cartel of some sort is a stretch.

But I think a parent's associations and enemies are critically important to investigate.

It may not be because of drugs, but the types of characters involved in them are characters that require scrutiny, as are potential enemies.

Offend a pedophile druggie, and he's more likely to direct his attention to your child, even if it's just for his own cowardly sense of revenge. (Befriending one isn't good either, of course.)

ETA: These associations are all especially important to pursue when circumstances suggest that the perp was a person familiar with the family and their habits. I tend to believe that is the situation here.

BetsyB - I agree with you totally. I don't see how tearing apart Ron is helping Haleigh. The police know what they need to know about him. Just because he isn't announcing it to the media and the rest of the neighborhood doesn't mean he hasn't told LE and isn't doing what ever he can to find her.

For what it's worth, I don't think Ron did anything to Haleigh. I think she was the apple of his eye, and I doubt he would even strike at her hard enough to harm her.

I do believe his lifestyle and choice of girlfriend (all of them, for that matter) put her at risk. And I believe he has a propensity toward violence and intimidation.

I wouldn't have a problem with the tattoo, except for the fact that the money would be better spent.

If it is true that a couple called the parlor and prepaid the $400 for him, then the prudent thing for a parent to do, IMHO, would have been to request that the owner or the couple forward the cash as a donation to help find their daughter, instead.

I think the point that everyone is asking..What Lifestyle are you talking about? Where he works 5 days a week? Where he takes his daughter to the bus stop and she holds onto him dearly? You see these are things that are PROVEN by pictures. What isn't PROVEN is that he is a drug dealer NOW, that the people he hangs out with are BAD. Nope not 1 picture, not 1 link of any recent charges against him but yet you state "lifestyle and choice of girlfriend (all of them, for that matter) put her at risk. And I believe he has a propensity toward violence and intimidation." His lifestyle is all "rumors" right now and until I see something concrete otherwise I will still look at him as a victim of a terrible crime!

I just don't understand if he is a drug dealing violent monster, why on earth does he have custody of the kids. IMO if the whole neighborhood knew he was so bad and even members of his own family knew he was so bad how come there weren't a gazillion calls to DCF/CPS? DCF said they visited the house because there were a "few" calls, but to me if there weren't a zillion from all of the people in the area then everyone let Haleigh down!!!

Ok I just don't like posting things about either side of the family without proof. I have a friend that works in the missing/exploited/abused children field. She has been putting the word out of course and doing what she can. People that she knows have been donating to the families...both sides. Well a person she knows made a donation to Ron...except he took it to the first tent thinking that was Ron's tent. Of course when my friend found out that the Cummings did not get the check she checked into it and found out that the person thought that the first tent was Rons. She is now going back and checking with everybody that she knows that hand delivered donations to make sure that others did not make that same mistake.

I know not real juicy but if you think about, a lot of people could have been dropping money off at the first tent when they intended it to go to Jr.

And??? :waitasec:

I think the point that everyone is asking..What Lifestyle are you talking about? Where he works 5 days a week? Where he takes his daughter to the bus stop and she holds onto him dearly? You see these are things that are PROVEN by pictures. What isn't PROVEN is that he is a drug dealer NOW, that the people he hangs out with are BAD. Nope not 1 picture, not 1 link of any recent charges against him but yet you state "lifestyle and choice of girlfriend (all of them, for that matter) put her at risk. And I believe he has a propensity toward violence and intimidation." His lifestyle is all "rumors" right now and until I see something concrete otherwise I will still look at him as a victim of a terrible crime!

Littleone, not all rumors are created equal. See my sig. ;)

Sleuthing is what you do to prove something - you take all the bits you get, look for consistencies and patterns, analyze them and see how they fit.

And I'm sorry if you disagree with my analysis of his lifestyle and choices (and those of the women he has chosen). It is my opinion, and is stated it as such. It is based on high multiples of information and my experience reading people and dynamics of relationships. If you see something else, that's fine too.

How about known patterns? Are they relevant or not?

Numerous drug arrests- PATTERN

Dating teenagers after an age in which it is socially acceptable and legal- PATTERN

Calling his girlfriend a during the 911 call and again when he spoke to the press the next day- PATTERN

Littleone, not all rumors are created equal. See my sig. ;)

Sleuthing is what you do to prove something - you take all the bits you get, look for consistencies and patterns, analyze them and see how they fit.

And I'm sorry if you disagree with my analysis of his lifestyle and choices (and those of the women he has chosen). It is my opinion, and is stated it as such. It is based on high multiples of information and my experience reading people and dynamics of relationships. If you see something else, that's fine too.

I didn't mean to call out your entire post.:) I was only using it for the example of rumors that are being stated as fact. We don't know his lifestyle choices yet nor do we know what kind of a person his girlfriend(s) are however our views are tainted by those that claim to "know" him and what he's really like.

I understand what you are saying and it is your opinion however "sleuthing" and "rumors" are two different things. You sleuth to find the end result which is the truth. Rumors always color the mind no matter how much we say it doesn't. Rumors should never be involved in sleuthing. Reading people and dynamics of any relationship mixed in with a few rumors will always confuse the end result. Just the nature of the human race.

I hope this made some sense. I guess we will just have to disagree. :blowkiss:

Dating teenagers after an age in which it is socially acceptable and legal- PATTERN

Calling his girlfriend a during the 911 call and again when he spoke to the press the next day- PATTERN

:clap:

Ummm, not sure if this has been discussed but I was just browsing through the facebook photos and there are multiple photos of Ron with cuts, scrapes, sores all over hands and arms and one with a large red mark under his left eye. Now maybe I'm "assuming" but sure looks to me like he has had his share of fights...I would also "assume" this would mean Ron has his share of enemies. I think my reading of this guy was right on from the start, and it's not good!

Ummm, not sure if this has been discussed but I was just browsing through the facebook photos and there are multiple photos of Ron with cuts, scrapes, sores all over hands and arms and one with a large red mark under his left eye. Now maybe I'm "assuming" but sure looks to me like he has had his share of fights...I would also "assume" this would mean Ron has his share of enemies. I think my reading of this guy was right on from the start, and it's not good!

Hi seekjustice. It was dicussed earlier. Some people say it's from fights and other say it's from work. I guess we just don't know.

I agree, I also saw a pic of him where his face was all spotty and looked like it was picked on...a classic sign of a meth user... JMHO.

I just don't understand if he is a drug dealing violent monster, why on earth does he have custody of the kids. IMO if the whole neighborhood knew he was so bad and even members of his own family knew he was so bad how come there weren't a gazillion calls to DCF/CPS? DCF said they visited the house because there were a "few" calls, but to me if there weren't a zillion from all of the people in the area then everyone let Haleigh down!!!

I agree. :( I've said before, I think all the adults in her life failed in their responsibilities to put her needs first.

He didn't have to be to the level of a "drug dealing violent monster" to have put her in serious jeopardy. But even if he were, it wouldn't necessarily have kept her out of his custody.

I was on the phone with someone just last night who was bemoaning the shared custody of a man who truly is a monster, as I have seen first hand. He is currently in jail, but it took 4 years to get his current girlfriend to stop blaming the steering wheel for things he did with his fists.
(I'm not saying Ron slugged the girls he was/is with like this guy did - I actually doubt he does.) The legal hoops and expense people have to go through in family courts is a crime. IMO

CPS/DFS, and family court judges drop balls every day in this country. And this judge had a quandary - sadly, Crystal has her own issues, and Ron told him he was living with his mother who would be caring for the kids. (Which was true at the time.)

I doubt there were many calls because as long as the kids were being clothed and fed and not beaten (I don't believe Crystal's family was right about the one incident they described on Geraldo), the reason for reporting to DFS would have been squishy. The tragic fact is that children all over this country live in homes most of us would flee from. :(

I didn't mean to call out your entire post.:) I was only using it for the example of rumors that are being stated as fact. We don't know his lifestyle choices yet nor do we know what kind of a person his girlfriend(s) are however our views are tainted by those that claim to "know" him and what he's really like.

I understand what you are saying and it is your opinion however "sleuthing" and "rumors" are two different things. You sleuth to find the end result which is the truth. Rumors always color the mind no matter how much we say it doesn't. Rumors should never be involved in sleuthing. Reading people and dynamics of any relationship mixed in with a few rumors will always confuse the end result. Just the nature of the human race.

I hope this made some sense. I guess we will just have to disagree. :blowkiss:
:thumb: Disagreement is inevitable when people think for themselves. :blowkiss:

Numerous drug arrests: Yeah years ago, everyone grows up. I have had some employees who have had drug arrest in their teens but now they are responsible young adults. Once again, it's called growing up.

Dating teenagers after an age in which it is socially acceptable and legal- Well let's see, my husband is 6 years older than me which when I was 17 he was 23. It was socially acceptable back then. As long as all parties are agreed to the relationship (parents included) it's NONE of our business.

Calling his girlfriend a during the 911 call and again when he spoke to the press the next day- As a person who does not swear in everyday life..I probably would've said the same thing. I wonder how many posters on here have called their SO an *advertiser censored**hole or worse when they were angry? I know I have.

Yes Ron may do some socially unacceptable things however it doesn't even come close to placing the blame on him for the diappearence of Haleigh. It doesn't make it right for people to state rumors about him and hold against him things he did 3 years ago.

My son who is the same age as Ron probably would come across as being socially unacceptable because he doesn't like to play the games. He says it like it is and yes probably would throw in a few choice words. Does that make him bad? No.

You may have inside information however that doesn't make it true. I have relatives that I cannot stand and could talk about the awful things they have done however others in my family choose to see the good in them and accepts them at face value. I let them make the choice themselves without throwing my feelings into the mix. I am not always right.

I agree, I also saw a pic of him where his face was all spotty and looked like it was picked on...a classic sign of a meth user... JMHO.

Did you know he has a 2nd job as a landscaper? Clearing brush will do that also. I have seen hundreds of meth users, Ron does not look at all like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr