Ron C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
nomoresorrow, I am confused are you saying these were the requirements that Ron had to fulfill when he received custody of Haleigh and RJ?

ETA nevermind I misread it - these are the recommendations you would make.

nomoresorrow, I am confused are you saying these were the requirements that Ron had to fulfill when he received custody of Haleigh and RJ?

ETA nevermind I misread it - these are the recommendations you would make.

No, sorry Busylady if I didn't make that clear; this is what would be MY requirements if I were the judge/court/socialworker involved in this case and as I said, this is totally (and only) my opinion about Ron's parenting issues. I'm not saying in any way that CS doesn't have many parenting issues herself BUT this thread is about Ron and that's why I posted it here. Hope that helps to clarify it for you - ;)
MOO

My point is he did take the legal action he filed for custody. I also would have to check Florida law but I do believe he would of had rights and it would not be legally considered kidnapping. If you read the court documents it states that she called the law on him after he had been back for a month or so and they told her they could not force him to give her the children he had just as much right to them as she did.

I won't continue to debate this with you all, but it surprises me that so many think it is A OK for a noncustodial parent to refuse to return the kids to the custodial parent - without any proof of abuse or neglect, to abuse the system and end up with custody instead of in jail for kidnapping.

I would like to know who on earth has been taking care of these children for the last 3+ years while in Ronald's custody. I 'assume' TN has been the primary financial support and caregiver. Seems like it was in the Court papers that he indicated his mother, aunt, sister, grandmother, etc .. would be helping provide care. And I 'assume' that is who has carried the load.

I am sorry but there is no reason whatsoever to put those photos on the internet, there is no reason whatsoever to have your attorney talking on national media about it. A simple we talking to the proper authorities would of done the trick. This will not help DCF with an investigation if anything it will hinder it. In reading comments about this all over the internet, the majority of comments just justify that DCF did the right thing initially by not claiming abuse and removing the children from Rons home.

DCF doesn't claim abuse. It investigates claims of abuse. These are NEW claims. Should they not also be investigated?

I won't continue to debate this with you all, but it surprises me that so many think it is A OK for a noncustodial parent to refuse to return the kids to the custodial parent - without any proof of abuse or neglect, to abuse the system and end up with custody instead of in jail for kidnapping.

It is surprising, isn't it?

Busylady those are actually the recommendations that I would have made back in 2005just based upon RC's history/record at that time. I think that it's a crying-shame that there were no conditions put in place AT THAT TIME by the court/DCF. This happens far too often and then somewhere down the road a tragedy occurs. (DUH!) As I stated in another post (somewhere) watch very closely NOW how tunes change among socialworkers, school personnal/administration,...and they always claim, "hindsight is 20/20" - BS, even a blind person could see that RC's shouldn't have been allowed to even have a pet turtle in his home and under his care without CONDITIONS! and that is my opinion and one that I stand by.

MOO

He never refused to return the kids to the custodial parent, legally speaking Crystal was never the custodial parent. He filed first, and won (3x). Just because she is the bio mom that did not give her custody. I believe Ron was also listed on the birth certificate. I don't know where people get the idea that moms automatically retain legal custody at birth. I know it doesn't work that way in FL, or in NJ for that matter (personal experience).
Custody is decided through our legal system.

That is why Ronald did not end up in jail.

ETA: This is how rumors get started, next thing we know it will be all over the boards how years ago he "kidnapped" the kids and still won custody....I hope I helped to stop that one before it started.

He never refused to return the kids to the custodial parent, legally speaking Crystal was never the custodial parent. He filed first, and won (3x). Just because she is the bio mom that did not give her custody. I believe Ron was also listed on the birth certificate. I don't know where people get the idea that moms automatically retain legal custody at birth. I know it doesn't work that way in FL, or in NJ for that matter (personal experience).

ETA: This is how rumors get started, next thing we know it will be all over the boards how years ago he "kidnapped" the kids and still won custody....I hope I helped to stop that one before it started.

This isn't rumor, these are facts stated by both parties and found in the record. The children were living with Crystal, which made her the custodial parent, until he kidnapped them.

he manipulated the system. he didn't go through the proper legal channels. Any attorney would have told him the parent with physical custody at the court date will more than likely end up with custody. Just saying it was sneaky and underhanded. Tells me all I need to know about him, and really one could look at it as continued manipulation and emotional abuse of Crystal.

If he really had anything on Crystal (abuse/neglect/drugs) he should have turned her in to child protective services and filed for custody - not sweet talk her into a visitation/vacation he wasn't legally entitled to, then refuse to return the kids afterward.

This is what part of the problem is I think, someone mentions something and it is later correct but not everyone catches the correction. Ron did not abduct the kids and take them out of the country. Crystal gave Ron permission to take the kid to Texas and Mexico (refer to court documents) on return from the trip he had reason to believe she was using cocaine again and did not return the children, instead he did what any responsible part would do he filed for custody of the children. Had he returned the children knowing that she was possibly using cocaine and something happened to the children people would be all over him for being irresponsible and returning the children to her.

<snipped>

Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.

Croslin said she was concerned the baby boy was not being cared for properly.

"I told him you need to get your son before something bad happens to him," she said. Croslin said the two started talking. She was 16 at the time.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

ETA: Sorry, BusyLady! I copied, pasted and sent before realizing I hadn't captured my comment. Just know that this post wasn't meant to be curt.

<snipped>

Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.

"I told him you need to get your son before something bad happens to him," she said. Croslin said the two started talking. She was 16 at the time.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

LOL!!! K-Fed wanted his children with Brittany Spears - but not his children with another woman. Ronald seems to only want his children with Crystal, but not his child with the other girl.

Whether people like it or not, the national media is watching every move these people make. That means that things that would usually go QUIETLY through the system are flashed about. Crystal's attorney is putting DFS on notice because DFS has been called before and they have information that abuse has happened. Did anyone else get notices the last time she contacted DFS?? NO! The media wasn't there, that's why.
No because the lawyer didnt post them on national news papers and TV. What you believe as putting on notice I believe the lawyer is spinning and getting her name out there. Either way she wins.

I know I feel like I am beating my head against the wall and I am sure you feel the same how about we share some Tylenol. My point is DCF has investigated and did not determine their was abuse and remove the children from Rons home. Like I said earlier I think any allegations of abuse should be investigated. Media is watching them that is correct, but media did not provide the pictures and media did not force the attorney or Crystal to go on national TV and make the allegations of abuse and show pictures.

DCF doesn't claim abuse. It investigates claims of abuse. These are NEW claims. Should they not also be investigated?

Thank you this is what I have been trying to say, but you put it much better than I was able to do. She called LE to try and force Ron to give the children back LE said he was breaking no laws and could not force him to return the children.

IMO fathers have just as much right as the mother. Thats why I dont see a problem with it.I cant answer why the court didnt see it as him abusing the court. Im not a judge but they must have had their reasons.

LOL!!! K-Fed wanted his children with Brittany Spears - but not his children with another woman. Ronald seems to only want his children with Crystal, but not his child with the other girl.

It does seem to illustrate that Ron didn't just file for custody because he was worried about the children. JMO.

Read the court documents the children were living with both Ron and Crystal on and off. When asked where Haleigh has lived Crystal states both of us. She did not even have her items out of the joint home when Ron went to Texas and Mexico, therefore when he returned she wanted to get her personal possession from the home. (based on court documents)

This isn't rumor, these are facts stated by both parties and found in the record. The children were living with Crystal, which made her the custodial parent, until he kidnapped them.

he manipulated the system. he didn't go through the proper legal channels. Any attorney would have told him the parent with physical custody at the court date will more than likely end up with custody. Just saying it was sneaky and underhanded. Tells me all I need to know about him, and really one could look at it as continued manipulation and emotional abuse of Crystal.

If he really had anything on Crystal (abuse/neglect/drugs) he should have turned her in to child protective services and filed for custody - not sweet talk her into a visitation/vacation he wasn't legally entitled to, then refuse to return the kids afterward.

I respect your opinion mine is just different. There was nothing at the time of the custody hearing to indicate Ron was not a good parent and needed to be monitored.

Busylady those are actually the recommendations that I would have made back in 2005just based upon RC's history/record at that time. I think that it's a crying-shame that there were no conditions put in place AT THAT TIME by the court/DCF. This happens far too often and then somewhere down the road a tragedy occurs. (DUH!) As I stated in another post (somewhere) watch very closely NOW how tunes change among socialworkers, school personnal/administration,...and they always claim, "hindsight is 20/20" - BS, even a blind person could see that RC's shouldn't have been allowed to even have a pet turtle in his home and under his care without CONDITIONS! and that is my opinion and one that I stand by.

MOO

I know I feel like I am beating my head against the wall and I am sure you feel the same how about we share some Tylenol. My point is DCF has investigated and did not determine their was abuse and remove the children from Rons home. Like I said earlier I think any allegations of abuse should be investigated. Media is watching them that is correct, but media did not provide the pictures and media did not force the attorney or Crystal to go on national TV and make the allegations of abuse and show pictures.

I agree DCF did not turn in an opinion of earlier abuse. I think that is what TN is alluding to when she said 'they have tried this before'. I'm sure it's frustrating.

I don't know anything about Crystal's attorney, other than NG said she was a respected member of the Bar and an expert in family law. I know nothing about Family Court or the DCF thing either. In my State it is called DFACS I think and not completely sure what all they do .. that might even be the wrong department.:confused:

Anyway I think the rub going on here is everyone has an opinion -- like we all know. MY opinion happens to be very low of this character for reasons which I'm sure I do not need to repeat.

People go on national tv all the time and make allegations of all sorts of things. The media eats it up and they are doing that now, so the ride is sure to be a long bumpy one for all who are interested in this case. I just don't blame a mother for doing that though, not really. Its a bad time, but when is a good time. She attracted attention - maybe thats what it was all about. She now has an Attorney, etc...

I think I am following you, but we do not have enough information on the other girl except a myspace comment and what Misty has said. Was the other girl using drugs? Did Ron know this was not true therefore took no steps to get custody of the baby? Was the other girl using drugs and Ron knew and did nothing? We simply do not know.

We know Crystal by her own admission used drugs during her preg, so Ron had every reason to believe she was using again.

<snipped>

ETA: Sorry, BusyLady! I copied, pasted and sent before realizing I hadn't captured my comment. Just know that this post wasn't meant to be curt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew