Ron C. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep stating that his construction job from 2005 was over before his health benefits kicked in. That may not be the case. The custody documents stated that when RC health benefits kicked in if he choose to purchase the private insurance that Crystals child support would be increased, maybe RC could not afford to pay for the family plan therefore did not take the health insurance option on the children.

I don't know where people draw the conclusion that he did not work much? We know he worked full time and was even picking up odd landscaping jobs to make additional monies to provide for his children. When he was out of work he picked up odd jobs to make money. To me this sounds like a hard worker who didn't just sit home expecting someone else to take of him and his children.

PDM shifts are 4:30 to 3am it would be a 10 hour shift that RC worked not a 12 hour shift. They do not have a 12 hour shift.

If you take the days Haleigh was out of school and match them up with Crystals visitation days you will see that alot of the days missed were Mondays and Fridays of Crystals visitation weekends. Crystal also stated herself that RC would not let her pull Haleigh out of school anymore days because he would get into trouble. Sounds like to me RC was allowing Crystal to take the children early or bring them back late. Which I realize he should of put his foot down and stopped that before it became a problem. Also in November she had ecoli and the fall, missing days for those situations would be understandable.

The reason I want to know his work history is that, despite the fact that he doesn't work much according to what is known, Haleigh missed an awful lot of school.

On Dec. 9th, he could not have worked a 12 hr shift, because he states he picked up Haleigh at 3:30....should have been at work. Was he always at his job on time? Did he take time off? No one knows but we do know on Monday he was not at work on time IF he worked a 12 hr. shift.

He also told his pastor he worked his 8 hours....so it is likely he did not go to work till later that day.

Also, if he worked a regular 12 hr. shift, then perhaps he only worked a 4 day week...having off Friday, Sat. and Sunday.

Ron worked full time for short periods for companies twice is what I get out of it....He was supposed to place the children in daycare but did not do it. He stated he lived with his mother on Shoreline....how long do you think he stayed there? He lived on Shoreline (?), Buchanen, Monroe, Sharon and Green and maybe Rita Lane.....lots of moves...doesn't show much stability.

So your conclusion is that most all the absent days are Crystal's fault? Busy, do you have proof he worked landscaping? Any chance the affidavit was manufactured to show the court he was always working? I've seen people do this often when they wanted to qualify for a house.

Are you accepting Ron's statement about being a hard worker? Welll, he should be working hard, he produced children. I suspect he was on welfare and/or Haleigh qualifies for state aid.

What is this hard working man doing now? Did he pay any support when Crystal had the children. Was that being asked for? Did he take them in lieu of paying support. Some men do this....not saying RC did, but it should be considered.

Something is very wrong with the picture. After reading those court papers, I see things much more clearly.

The problem is Whisper is yes RC said he would put the children in daycare, and get health insurance. Both these items are stipulated in the custody documents that these two actions would cause a significant increased in Crystals child support if RC took those steps. She was not paying the minimum, how could he afford to pay for health insurance and child care when Crystal was not even paying the basic child support to help?

The full custody documents indicate he was living on his own in Feb 06. The documents also stipulate that both RC and Crystal are to keep medicaid on the children. When people rent they alot of times move yearly, and one of his moves was to get a better place.

I am not saying most the days absent are Crystals fault, RC had responsibility to not allow her to pull Haleigh out of school for extra visitation days. Also Haleigh has Turners which is going to caused missed days, as well as a fall at school, and ecoli.

I don't believe the anything was manufactured for the custody hearing. If I have any questions about info provided at the hearings it would be how Crystal went from no job, to getting a mortgage in her name, a car, and a job all in 10 days time.

Crystal had the children a total of 2 months before RC was given permission to take them to Texas and Mexico and then upon returning from that trip filed for custody. I do not know what the arrangements were, if he paid anything, how often he had the children during that 2 month period. I know what I have been told about that situation but no links to back it up so cannot discuss it here.

IMO RC worked and provided for his children, and it makes no difference if he had 3 jobs in 3 years or 5 jobs in 3 years to accomplish that. He did not sit home and expect someone else to financially provide for his children.

If RC was on welfare, the state would take the child support for reimbursement and that does not appear to be the case.

Ron worked full time for short periods for companies twice is what I get out of it....He was supposed to place the children in daycare but did not do it. He stated he lived with his mother on Shoreline....how long do you think he stayed there? He lived on Shoreline (?), Buchanen, Monroe, Sharon and Green and maybe Rita Lane.....lots of moves...doesn't show much stability.

So your conclusion is that most all the absent days are Crystal's fault? Busy, do you have proof he worked landscaping? Any chance the affidavit was manufactured to show the court he was always working? I've seen people do this often when they wanted to qualify for a house.

Are you accepting Ron's statement about being a hard worker? Welll, he should be working hard, he produced children. I suspect he was on welfare and/or Haleigh qualifies for state aid.

What is this hard working man doing now? Did he pay any support when Crystal had the children. Was that being asked for? Did he take them in lieu of paying support. Some men do this....not saying RC did, but it should be considered.

Something is very wrong with the picture. After reading those court papers, I see things much more clearly.

The problem is Whisper is yes RC said he would put the children in daycare, and get health insurance. Both these items are stipulated in the custody documents that these two actions would cause a significant increased in Crystals child support if RC took those steps. She was not paying the minimum, how could he afford to pay for health insurance and child care when Crystal was not even paying the basic child support to help?

The full custody documents indicate he was living on his own in Feb 06. The documents also stipulate that both RC and Crystal are to keep medicaid on the children. When people rent they alot of times move yearly, and one of his moves was to get a better place.

I am not saying most the days absent are Crystals fault, RC had responsibility to not allow her to pull Haleigh out of school for extra visitation days. Also Haleigh has Turners which is going to caused missed days, as well as a fall at school, and ecoli.

I don't believe the anything was manufactured for the custody hearing. If I have any questions about info provided at the hearings it would be how Crystal went from no job, to getting a mortgage in her name, a car, and a job all in 10 days time.

Crystal had the children a total of 2 months before RC was given permission to take them to Texas and Mexico and then upon returning from that trip filed for custody. I do not know what the arrangements were, if he paid anything, how often he had the children during that 2 month period. I know what I have been told about that situation but no links to back it up so cannot discuss it here.

IMO RC worked and provided for his children, and it makes no difference if he had 3 jobs in 3 years or 5 jobs in 3 years to accomplish that. He did not sit home and expect someone else to financially provide for his children.

If RC was on welfare, the state would take the child support for reimbursement and that does not appear to be the case.

How would we know if the state has or, plans to, take the child support for reimbursement ?

The schedule was that Crystal got the children at 6 p.m. on Friday, and returned them at 6 p.m. on Sunday. Ron was adamant that they stuck to that schedule. Crystal's statement was not "Ronald told me I couldn't take Haleigh out of school no more because if she missed more days he'd go to jail." It was "Ron told me if Haleigh missed more school, he'd be in trouble." No where in that does it imply that Crystal took Haleigh out of school or kept her out. It was a statement regarding what Ronald told her about the attendance.

Addressing your oft repeated notion that most of the missed days happened to coincide with Crystal's visitation, and using Crystal's statement on the 10th that the last time she'd seen the kids was "2 weeks ago" meaning Jan 23-25th weekend, there are only 5 dates total on her record where one could TRY to say that Crystal either got her out early or returned her late. That is supposing Ronald was the type to allow Crystal extra liberties with the children, and we have it from his own mouth that he would not, and we have it from his mother's mouth that Crystal never showed interest in having the kids more than required, so I find it quite difficult to reconcile the Mon/Fri absences to Crystal at all, given these two statements. However, again.....that accounts for 5 days.

The other 24 days are all on Ron's time. Thirteen of those dates are clearly in the middle of the week. Either excused, unexcused, or tardy. I think we can put that rumor to rest (I thought we had already but it seems to rear its ugly head when some think no one is going to challenge it).

Wow Debs. Good catch!!! Didn't realize that most of the days were mid week! I've been coasting along all this time thinking maybe it was partly CS fault. Guess that's what I get for assuming! ;) IMO

Ron has custody of his two children. He is the one that is in charge of getting them to school everyday! If they are late it's Ron fault if they miss school it's Ron's fault! Crystal only has the kids on the weekend's 4 days a month! Crystal can not drive to Ron house everyday to make sure the children go to school! Ron wanted custody it's his job to do whats right!!

Knit picking the posts of one another and responding to them is getting tiresome. If you can't post without attacking the poster and not the post Pass over a post.......... move on, or use your IGNORE FEATURE.

Ron has custody of his two children. He is the one that is in charge of getting them to school everyday! If they are late it's Ron fault if they miss school it's Ron's fault! Crystal only has the kids on the weekend's 4 days a month! Crystal can not drive to Ron house everyday to make sure the children go to school! Ron wanted custody it's his job to do whats right!!

IIRC there were around 18 unexcused abscences and many tardys listed on Haleigh's school record. Looks like neither Ron C or Misty were too interested in getting Haleigh to school on time or at all for that matter.

IIRC there were around 18 unexcused abscences and many tardys listed on Haleigh's school record. Looks like neither Ron C or Misty were too interested in getting Haleigh to school on time or at all for that matter.

Is that number taking into account all the days HaLeigh was marked "unexcused" after she went missing?

Oh Debs, I never mind being challenged, when I state something I have info to back it up or I would of never stated in the first place - so challenge away.

If you have a link that states RC was adamant that they stick to that schedule that would be great, because we know for a fact that Crystal had the children on days other than her visitation schedule. The dates of the "abuse photo" that was taken by Connie S, when Crystal went to visit them was mid week not a weekend. Also please refer to YouTube - Nancy Grace Cross Exam Crystal Sheffield at 2:11 into the video, Crystal states she was suppose to pick the kids up and RC would not let her because Haleigh could not miss any more school.

Also the number of days missed is 22 as 9 of the 31 days shown on the attendance record are AFTER Haleigh went missing. In addition, if you search the threads it is all broken up by date the Fridays and Mondays that match up with Crystals weekend visitation and her Thanksgiving visitation to the missed days and tardies. Crystal was scheduled to have JR and Haleigh Feb 14th and 15th, therefore her last visit was Jan 31 and Feb 1st.

ETA: As I have stated many many times it was still RC ultimate responsibility to make sure Haleigh was at school.

The schedule was that Crystal got the children at 6 p.m. on Friday, and returned them at 6 p.m. on Sunday. Ron was adamant that they stuck to that schedule. Crystal's statement was not "Ronald told me I couldn't take Haleigh out of school no more because if she missed more days he'd go to jail." It was "Ron told me if Haleigh missed more school, he'd be in trouble." No where in that does it imply that Crystal took Haleigh out of school or kept her out. It was a statement regarding what Ronald told her about the attendance.

Addressing your oft repeated notion that most of the missed days happened to coincide with Crystal's visitation, and using Crystal's statement on the 10th that the last time she'd seen the kids was "2 weeks ago" meaning Jan 23-25th weekend, there are only 5 dates total on her record where one could TRY to say that Crystal either got her out early or returned her late. That is supposing Ronald was the type to allow Crystal extra liberties with the children, and we have it from his own mouth that he would not, and we have it from his mother's mouth that Crystal never showed interest in having the kids more than required, so I find it quite difficult to reconcile the Mon/Fri absences to Crystal at all, given these two statements. However, again.....that accounts for 5 days.

The other 24 days are all on Ron's time. Thirteen of those dates are clearly in the middle of the week. Either excused, unexcused, or tardy. I think we can put that rumor to rest (I thought we had already but it seems to rear its ugly head when some think no one is going to challenge it).

IIRC CS said on Wednesday after the Monday night disappearance that she hadn't seen the kids in 10 days. That puts her last visitation weekend at January 30, 31 and February 1.

And I DO recall the issue that CS sometimes got the kids on Thursday night or kept them until Monday evening and when she asked for visitation days outside the "every other weekend" plan, she was told by RC that HaLeigh couldn't miss school anymore or he would go to jail.

Also the number of days missed is 22 as 9 of the 31 days shown on the attendance record are AFTER Haleigh went missing. In addition, if you search the threads it is all broken up by date the Fridays and Mondays that match up with Crystals weekend visitation and her Thanksgiving visitation to the missed days and tardies. Crystal was scheduled to have JR and Haleigh Feb 14th and 15th, therefore her last visit was Jan 31 and Feb 1st.

ETA: As I have stated many many times it was still RC ultimate responsibility to make sure Haleigh was at school.

I included only the dates up to the day she disappeared and nothing after the 9th of February (not even the "present dot" on Feb 24th.)

Given that they were picked up at 6 p.m. and returned at 6 p.m., I still find it difficult to make the leap of assumption that Crystal kept Haleigh out of school for any of those times. That's the part where you and I disagree.....you draw a conclusion that she kept the children later or got them sooner than she was supposed to, and I see nothing which would substantiate that HaLeigh missed school because she was with her mother, even if EVERY occurance happened on a weekend Crystal had her.

I could just as easily suggest that HaLeigh missed those Mondays because daddy and Misty were partying too hard on the weekend without the kids to get up on time on the school day.

It just takes too much guessing. The simple answer is she was picked up at 6 p.m. on Fridays and returned at 6 p.m. on Sundays and school was her father's responsibility.

IIRC CS said on Wednesday after the Monday night disappearance that she hadn't seen the kids in 10 days. That puts her last visitation weekend at January 30, 31 and February 1.

And I DO recall the issue that CS sometimes got the kids on Thursday night or kept them until Monday evening and when she asked for visitation days outside the "every other weekend" plan, she was told by RC that HaLeigh couldn't miss school anymore or he would go to jail.

So then, what you are saying is that when TN clearly stated that Crystal NEVER wanted her kids outside her scheduled days, TN was making a completely false statement?

I have a question that might have been answered already.... has Ron sat down yet with the authorities as requested weeks ago? Also has he wife? Can any local fill me in on what they have being doing to find Haleigh, have they passed out flyers, done any interviews, searched themselves in the last month or so. I'm curious

The reason I want to know his work history is that, despite the fact that he doesn't work much according to what is known, Haleigh missed an awful lot of school.

On Dec. 9th, he could not have worked a 12 hr shift, because he states he picked up Haleigh at 3:30....should have been at work. Was he always at his job on time? Did he take time off? No one knows but we do know on Monday he was not at work on time IF he worked a 12 hr. shift.

He also told his pastor he worked his 8 hours....so it is likely he did not go to work till later that day.

Also, if he worked a regular 12 hr. shift, then perhaps he only worked a 4 day week...having off Friday, Sat. and Sunday.
-------------
I also have noticed Haleigh's school absences. Has it been proved that Haleigh was not at home on the Mondays following her weekend visits with her mother? I know that visitations with my daughters ended on Sunday evenings, never Monday mornings. I have not seen this addressed. Some posters seem to be eager to blame the mother for Haleigh not being at School on time on Monday mornings. What gives? Didn't Crystal have to have Haleigh and Jr. home on Sunday evenings? I have never seen where you returned the children on Monday mornings. Help, anyone who has the facts.

Unfortunately, because the media has not reported the answers to your questions I do not believe we can talk about it as it would be considered heresay or rumor. The last media article and video show listening to Schauland he explained RC and Misty are cooperating, he explained the duplicate interviews being given to several people. I have not seen any actual LE quoted stating RC and Misty have not been in to speak to LE or that they are not cooperating.

It is sad that the media is no longer reporting on this case and the efforts being taken to find Haleigh.

I have a question that might have been answered already.... has Ron sat down yet with the authorities as requested weeks ago? Also has he wife? Can any local fill me in on what they have being doing to find Haleigh, have they passed out flyers, done any interviews, searched themselves in the last month or so. I'm curious

I included only the dates up to the day she disappeared and nothing after the 9th of February (not even the "present dot" on Feb 24th.)

Given that they were picked up at 6 p.m. and returned at 6 p.m., I still find it difficult to make the leap of assumption that Crystal kept Haleigh out of school for any of those times. That's the part where you and I disagree.....you draw a conclusion that she kept the children later or got them sooner than she was supposed to, and I see nothing which would substantiate that HaLeigh missed school because she was with her mother, even if EVERY occurance happened on a weekend Crystal had her.

I could just as easily suggest that HaLeigh missed those Mondays because daddy and Misty were partying too hard on the weekend without the kids to get up on time on the school day.

It just takes too much guessing. The simple answer is she was picked up at 6 p.m. on Fridays and returned at 6 p.m. on Sundays and school was her father's responsibility.
------------
Thank you , thank you, I just posted before I read your post and I totally support your post. I have never seen where the non-custodial parent didn't pick up the children after school on Friday and returned them on Sunday evening. I'm also thinking that Ron and Misty did not see the children off to School on Monday following a weekend without them. They most probably had a problem getting up to get them to school on time.

--------------
I just can not believe that a mother would ask for a child when that child is in school. It makes no sense. I personally think that if it was really looked into it would show that the children were brought back to Ron on Sunday evening. Unless it is proven that the children were not brought back on Monday the allegations that Crystal is at fault for Haleigh not being at school on Monday following her weekend, are false and should be treated as rumor.

Unfortunately, because the media has not reported the answers to your questions I do not believe we can talk about it as it would be considered heresay or rumor. The last media article and video show listening to Schauland he explained RC and Misty are cooperating, he explained the duplicate interviews being given to several people. I have not seen any actual LE quoted stating RC and Misty have not been in to speak to LE or that they are not cooperating.

It is sad that the media is no longer reporting on this case and the efforts being taken to find Haleigh.

Thanks BL for the info, thats precisely why I'm asking any locals with info on what there efforts are would be appreciated....it appears that Ron and Misty have taken the Howard Hughes approach to everything.....I was and am hoping someone will step up with something credible......locals feel free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee