Ron C. #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you provide a link to what you recall so we know when this was said etc., etc.

She is correct. Crystal states in a video that shat the hadn't seen the kids for two weeks (though someone said she said 10 days; she didn't. She said two weeks.) Marie clarified exactly which days it was that they had the children, and it was the weekened that Busy states. YouTube - Crystal Sheffield Mother of Missing Haleigh Cummings

In this YouTube - Nancy Grace Cross Exam Crystal Sheffield, Crystal explains that she picks up the children at 6 p.m. on Friday and drops them off at 6 p.m. on Sunday. She also discusses the custody issue. She sounds resigned (to me) regarding what happened, disgusted by the court's decision (I don't blame her one bit, IMO she was railroaded). When asked why HaLeigh missed so much school, she had to stammer and admit she did not know. (I remember people going off on her because of that response, early on.)

Her statement regarding missing school is:

NG: Do you know if she was in school on Monday?
CS: I have no idea. I know she's missed a bunch of days because he told me that if she, I don't remember what day it was but, he called and was talking...I was supposed to pick 'em up and he said he didn't want to take her out of school because, if she missed any more school, that they was gonna put him in jail.
NG: Why was she missing so much school?
CS: I........don't know.
NG: Was she sick?
CS: She may have been, but honestly, I don't know.

Busy interprets Crystal's response to school as evidence that Crystal took her out early. I see it entirely differently. She states up front that she got them at 6 p.m. To me, she's relaying a conversation she had with Ronald and in that conversation, she was told that HaLeigh couldn't miss anymore school or he'd be in trouble. I do not interpret that as Ronald doing anything more than conveying to Crystal what he'd been told. She doesn't know when this took place, but I'll guess it was sometime after Thanksgiving because November by far was the worst absent month.

It breaks down like this:
September
Unexcused (U) 12th--Friday
Excused (E) 15th--Monday
E 17th--Wednesday
E 18th--Thursday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Sept. 12-14. and 26-28. Because one absence is unexcused and the next one excused, I have a hard time attributing that to Crystal, even though the 12th and 15th do coincide with the visit. Why would Haleigh have been unexcused on the Friday and excused on the Monday if Ronald had agreed to allow Crystal to take her early? It is possible, however.

October
U 3rd--Friday
E 16th--Thursday
T 27th--Monday
U 29th--Tuesday
T 30--Thursday
U 31--Friday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Oct 10-12, and Oct 24-26, and none of these absences coincide with her visits, except possibly the tardy on the 27th, but it does show that Haleigh was at home on that Monday, so it would be more logical to conclude she had been returned according to schedule the night before.

November
E 5th--Wednesday
U 7th--Friday
U 10th--Monday
U 12th--Wednesday
E 13th--Thursday
E 14th--Friday
U 18th--Tuesday
U 21st--Friday
T 24th--Monday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Nov 7-9 and Nov 21-23. HaLeigh fell in the first week, was sick in the second week. While it is true that Connie took pictures of Haleigh around the 12th, that is not to say that Crystal was the reason she was absent from school. I tend to agree that the Dr's note for the e-coli did not excuse her for that date. However, the 7-10 can be seen as Crystal having taken her out of school on Friday and not returning her on Monday. But based on her statement that she picked them up at 6 p.m. Fri and dropped them off at 6 p.m. on Sunday, we again are asked to make a guess. While it coincides, I cannot state as emphatically as Busy that she obviously disregarded the visitation rules. In fact, I would imagine she would be an adherent to those rules in order to not lose the visits all together. As to the absence on the 21st, it is the same thing. We can't make that leap just because it coincides, and we can see that Haleigh was late to school on that Monday, so obviously she was at home by then.

December
T 1st--Monday
T 5th--Friday
U 15th--Monday
E 17th--Wednesday
T 18th--Thursday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Dec 5-7, 19-21 (and Christmas week, but there was no school). One could suppose she was responsible for HaLeigh being tardy on the 5th, but that's a huge leap. Since she was at school on the 18th, we can logically conclude that Crystal was not responsible for the absence on the 17th. Therefore, none of these dates can be attributed to Crystal's visit.

January
U 7th--Wednesday
E 12th--Monday
T 23rd--Friday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Jan 2-4, Jan 16-18 and Jan 30-Feb 1. None of these absences or the tardy can be attributed to her.

February
U 2nd--Monday
U 5th--Thursday
Crystal's next visitation would have been Feb 13-15. Neither of these absences can be attributed to her unless one would like to make a leap of logic.

There are lots of tardies on days other than Monday. Those wouldn't have anything to do with Crystal.

I do appreciate Debs post, however I do not appreciate my words being twisted. My post have stated over and over that Crystal is not responsible for all of the Mondays and Fridays Haleigh has missed. We interpret the video differently, Crystal saying "I was suppose to pick them up" can't be translated any differently that I can see other than Crystal was to pick them up and RC would not pull Haleigh out of school. Crystal had the children mid-week says yes she had them times other than the visitation schedule.

I really do not know how this got to this point, I responded to someone regarding missed days and that alot of the Mondays and Fridays corresponded with Crystals visitation, in addition to stating that it was RC responsibility to make sure Haleigh was in school. People went nuts, it is amazing to me that some can post their thoughts and feelings and all is well, I post facts and my thoughts on the facts and people want to make accusations and twist my words. Maybe I should do away with facts and just post RC is guilty, RC is a bad father and include IMO after each statement and the baiting and games will stop.

The only way I can interpret the statement regarding Ronald and Crystal talking about his going to jail if HaLeigh missed anymore days is that perhaps during that call, Crystal asked to get HaLeigh early and was denied. I cannot extrapolate any further than that as one instance. It would be a guessing game, either way.

What was the reason for the statement from Crystal?! If it was a non-issue...why would she mention it? If she wasn't going to get Haleigh and Rj until 6:00pm *which is not written in stone she did*...then what turned the conversation to Haleigh missing school?! Makes no sense to think that this conversation between Crystal and Ronald did not include taking Haleigh out early for some reason. It is a very reasonable deduction based on what Crystal is saying in the interview, imo.

My OPINION is that Crystal often took Haleigh and Rj earlier because of the time factor of the drive. If she picked them up at 6:00 pm, they would not get back to Baker County until near time for bed. During much of this time, I believe Crystal was pregnant then had a new baby...yes? Maybe driving at night was not something she wanted to do or perhaps it put out Marie or Chad when she had to ask them to drive her or go with her. There are many reasons I can think of why Crystal would opt to take her out early and not return her until Monday.

What was the reason for the statement from Crystal?! If it was a non-issue...why would she mention it? If she wasn't going to get Haleigh and Rj until 6:00pm *which is not written in stone she did*...then what turned the conversation to Haleigh missing school?! Makes no sense to think that this conversation between Crystal and Ronald did not include taking Haleigh out early for some reason. It is a very reasonable deduction based on what Crystal is saying in the interview, imo.

My OPINION is that Crystal often took Haleigh and Rj earlier because of the time factor of the drive. If she picked them up at 6:00 pm, they would not get back to Baker County until near time for bed. During much of this time, I believe Crystal was pregnant then had a new baby...yes? Maybe driving at night was not something she wanted to do or perhaps it put out Marie or Chad when she had to ask them to drive her or go with her. There are many reasons I can think of why Crystal would opt to take her out early and not return her until Monday.

All one can interpret is that Crystal asked during that call, and was denied. Anything else is unsubstantiated speculation. Yes, it is YOUR OWN OPINION. One can do what one wants with facts. We only know of this one instance where Crystal asked, and was denied.

All one can interpret is that Crystal asked during that call, and was denied. Anything else is unsubstantiated speculation. Yes, it is YOUR OWN OPINION. One can do what one wants with facts. We only know of this one instance where Crystal asked, and was denied.

Thank you for the information debs. It makes things clearer when facts are called facts and speculation is stated as opinion.

And you don't think she would ask only the one time? IMO...the pattern is definitely there.

I guess another way to look at it is that when Haleigh and Rj were getting ready to go or coming home from staying with Crystal...they possibly had a difficult time re-adjusting to normal life which would include Haleigh missing school at those times. This wouldn't speak well for Crystal's visitation either, but we do know with children it does occur.

And you don't think she would ask only the one time? IMO...the pattern is definitely there.

I guess another way to look at it is that when Haleigh and Rj were getting ready to go or coming home from staying with Crystal...they possibly had a difficult time re-adjusting to normal life which would include Haleigh missing school at those times. This wouldn't speak well for Crystal's visitation either, but we do know with children it does occur.

I cannot assign a pattern based on information of one phone conversation. Whether she asked more than once, whether she actually did take the children early simply cannot be substantiated by this school record.

I also cannot affirm or deny whether the children had a hard time readjusting. It happens. It is speculation to suggest that it doesn't speak well for Crystal's visitation and I cannot be so free with accusations. I can only look at the information we have and draw the conclusion that HaLeigh missed nearly a full month of school and was tardy several times.

Since this is the Ron C. thread, however, I want to point out that nowhere have I suggested Ronald was a bad parent or a negligent father for HaLeigh's missed school. I cannot make that leap. I hold nothing in this school record as proof that he or Misty had anything to do with HaLeigh's disappearance. It is her school record, and he is the primary parent in charge of getting her to school. That assigns no blame.

I cannot assign a pattern based on information of one phone conversation. Whether she asked more than once, whether she actually did take the children early simply cannot be substantiated by this school record.

I also cannot affirm or deny whether the children had a hard time readjusting. It happens. It is speculation to suggest that it doesn't speak well for Crystal's visitation and I cannot be so free with accusations. I can only look at the information we have and draw the conclusion that HaLeigh missed nearly a full month of school and was tardy several times.

Since this is the Ron C. thread, however, I want to point out that nowhere have I suggested Ronald was a bad parent or a negligent father for HaLeigh's missed school. I cannot make that leap. I hold nothing in this school record as proof that he or Misty had anything to do with HaLeigh's disappearance. It is her school record, and he is the primary parent in charge of getting her to school. That assigns no blame.
The pattern is her school records. :rolleyes:

Speculation is what we do here. We banter about theories and ideas which could pertain to a case. Not everything is about facts. The main fact we have in this case is that Haleigh is definitely missing and there are more as Busy can attest to in her many hours and months of work here. However, if we are only going to discuss facts...we may as well close this forum because we have them all listed as far as I know.

Speculation is what we do here. We banter about theories and ideas which could pertain to a case. Not everything is about facts. The main fact we have in this case is that Haleigh is definitely missing and there are more as Busy can attest to in her many hours and months of work here. However, if we are only going to discuss facts...we may as well close this forum because we have them all listed as far as I know.

Speculation may very well be what you do here. I enjoy looking at things more logically. Thank you for all you do to make it important to rely upon the facts rather than the speculation.

Speculation may very well be what you do here. I enjoy looking at things more logically. Thank you for all you do to make it important to rely upon the facts rather than the speculation.
If LE did not "speculate"...they would never solve a case. The theories and ideas of investigators lead them to the likely suspects and put them on the right path to find the critical evidence needed to bring justice. Yes, they want facts...but finding them is often the problem. :cool: I am reminded of Yuri Melich. WWYMD? Yuri would look at everything and every possibility before he decided it was black and white.

You are more than welcome!! I work hard here to make certain justice comes for our missing and forgotten children. I have worked hard for Haleigh. I have spent hours, days, weeks, and months on this case trying to piece together anything which might bring her home. This isn't the only case for me and yet I have devoted much of my time to Haleigh because I believe she is out there waiting to be found much like Caylee was. Anything to get us closer to that goal is worth anything I have to put up with here.

Now...back to Ronald.

I wish he would make a statement to bring Haleigh back into the forefront with the media. LE should be the ones making statements tho. Maybe after this latest round table discussion...they will come up with something. Hopefully, they will go ahead and rule people out including Ronald so they can get on with this case to find Haleigh.

We are not LE, and I find nothing regarding the speculation of Haleigh's school record and the supposition that Crystals visitations should be looked at unfavorably as any sort of credible investigatory technique.

The fact remains that Ronald Cummings was the primary parent and was therefore the parent responsible for Haleigh's attendance. If one wants to draw the conclusion that he allowed Crystal to take Haleigh out of school, it falls solely upon his shoulders to bear responsibility for her not being in school. For those who draw the conclusion that Crystal couldn't be bothered to ask for more visitation, then you will have to balance the inconsistencies in these two aspects.

All one can conclude successfully is that HaLeigh missed 22 days, 9 excused, 13 unexcused. She was tardy for 7 more days.

To change the subject...Busy, do you happen to know if Ronald owned an Ipod? Did Haleigh? Has it ever come up before?

I havent heard anything about an Ipod. I will go thru some pics I have and see if I see on in any of them and let you know.

To change the subject...Busy, do you happen to know if Ronald owned an Ipod? Did Haleigh? Has it ever come up before?

The pattern is her school records?? It's just been proven in Debs' post that not all the absences can be attributed to Crystal. And certainly not all the tardies. I see no pattern here. Ron had custody of Haleigh, it was his responsibility to get her to school. Even if she didn't return them home right at 6:00 on Sun., maybe they were a couple hours late, did that account for not getting to school on time Mon.? And without Ron's permission, I doubt Crystal would have kept them until Mon. every time, because he would have turned her in, in a New York minute, more than likely.

Does anyone else think that perhaps Crystal's request to pick them up early might be in the range of, oh... maybe 4 o'clock, AFTER she got out of school? Or even 3:00? I know where I live, they are allowed to get out of school a few minutes, even an hour early for a valid reason, and they are not counted absent.

The pattern is her school records?? It's just been proven in Debs' post that not all the absences can be attributed to Crystal. And certainly not all the tardies. I see no pattern here. Ron had custody of Haleigh, it was his responsibility to get her to school. Even if she didn't return them home right at 6:00 on Sun., maybe they were a couple hours late, did that account for not getting to school on time Mon.? And without Ron's permission, I doubt Crystal would have kept them until Mon. every time, because he would have turned her in, in a New York minute, more than likely.

Does anyone else think that perhaps Crystal's request to pick them up early might be in the range of, oh... maybe 4 o'clock, AFTER she got out of school? Or even 3:00? I know where I live, they are allowed to get out of school a few minutes, even an hour early for a valid reason, and they are not counted absent.
Sorry, I don't see any such proof and as far as I am concerned...no reason to discuss it further. We will have to agree to disagree because I do see a pattern which involves Crystal either directly or indirectly.

Sorry, I don't see any such proof and as far as I am concerned...no reason to discuss it further. We will have to agree to disagree because I do see a pattern which involves Crystal either directly or indirectly.

Wow, this was snarky. Not deserved at all, IMO. Just because "you" feel there's not reason to discuss it further, doesn't mean that some of us don't appreciate more input on the subject.

Thanks for the post TxLady!

JMHO

IMO, we haven't got a clue who is responsible one way or another about Haleigh's absences from school. All we have seen is the school report and that's all we have seen.

For those that wish not to discuss it, feel free to pass the post on by. For those that want to run this one into the ground feel free. In the end, we have no idea what happened on those weekends, who came early, stayed late, didn't ask for extra time on the off weekend. We just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia