Ron C. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, we haven't got a clue who is responsible one way or another about Haleigh's absences from school. All we have seen is the school report and that's all we have seen.

For those that wish not to discuss it, feel free to pass the post on by. For those that want to run this one into the ground feel free. In the end, we have no idea what happened on those weekends, who came early, stayed late, didn't ask for extra time on the off weekend. We just don't know.

Absolutely correct. Thank you.

She is correct. Crystal states in a video that shat the hadn't seen the kids for two weeks (though someone said she said 10 days; she didn't. She said two weeks.) Marie clarified exactly which days it was that they had the children, and it was the weekened that Busy states. YouTube - Crystal Sheffield Mother of Missing Haleigh Cummings

In this YouTube - Nancy Grace Cross Exam Crystal Sheffield, Crystal explains that she picks up the children at 6 p.m. on Friday and drops them off at 6 p.m. on Sunday. She also discusses the custody issue. She sounds resigned (to me) regarding what happened, disgusted by the court's decision (I don't blame her one bit, IMO she was railroaded). When asked why HaLeigh missed so much school, she had to stammer and admit she did not know. (I remember people going off on her because of that response, early on.)

Her statement regarding missing school is:

NG: Do you know if she was in school on Monday?
CS: I have no idea. I know she's missed a bunch of days because he told me that if she, I don't remember what day it was but, he called and was talking...I was supposed to pick 'em up and he said he didn't want to take her out of school because, if she missed any more school, that they was gonna put him in jail.
NG: Why was she missing so much school?
CS: I........don't know.
NG: Was she sick?
CS: She may have been, but honestly, I don't know.

Busy interprets Crystal's response to school as evidence that Crystal took her out early. I see it entirely differently. She states up front that she got them at 6 p.m. To me, she's relaying a conversation she had with Ronald and in that conversation, she was told that HaLeigh couldn't miss anymore school or he'd be in trouble. I do not interpret that as Ronald doing anything more than conveying to Crystal what he'd been told. She doesn't know when this took place, but I'll guess it was sometime after Thanksgiving because November by far was the worst absent month.

It breaks down like this:
September
Unexcused (U) 12th--Friday
Excused (E) 15th--Monday
E 17th--Wednesday
E 18th--Thursday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Sept. 12-14. and 26-28. Because one absence is unexcused and the next one excused, I have a hard time attributing that to Crystal, even though the 12th and 15th do coincide with the visit. Why would Haleigh have been unexcused on the Friday and excused on the Monday if Ronald had agreed to allow Crystal to take her early? It is possible, however.

October
U 3rd--Friday
E 16th--Thursday
T 27th--Monday
U 29th--Tuesday
T 30--Thursday
U 31--Friday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Oct 10-12, and Oct 24-26, and none of these absences coincide with her visits, except possibly the tardy on the 27th, but it does show that Haleigh was at home on that Monday, so it would be more logical to conclude she had been returned according to schedule the night before.

November
E 5th--Wednesday
U 7th--Friday
U 10th--Monday
U 12th--Wednesday
E 13th--Thursday
E 14th--Friday
U 18th--Tuesday
U 21st--Friday
T 24th--Monday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Nov 7-9 and Nov 21-23. HaLeigh fell in the first week, was sick in the second week. While it is true that Connie took pictures of Haleigh around the 12th, that is not to say that Crystal was the reason she was absent from school. I tend to agree that the Dr's note for the e-coli did not excuse her for that date. However, the 7-10 can be seen as Crystal having taken her out of school on Friday and not returning her on Monday. But based on her statement that she picked them up at 6 p.m. Fri and dropped them off at 6 p.m. on Sunday, we again are asked to make a guess. While it coincides, I cannot state as emphatically as Busy that she obviously disregarded the visitation rules. In fact, I would imagine she would be an adherent to those rules in order to not lose the visits all together. As to the absence on the 21st, it is the same thing. We can't make that leap just because it coincides, and we can see that Haleigh was late to school on that Monday, so obviously she was at home by then.

December
T 1st--Monday
T 5th--Friday
U 15th--Monday
E 17th--Wednesday
T 18th--Thursday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Dec 5-7, 19-21 (and Christmas week, but there was no school). One could suppose she was responsible for HaLeigh being tardy on the 5th, but that's a huge leap. Since she was at school on the 18th, we can logically conclude that Crystal was not responsible for the absence on the 17th. Therefore, none of these dates can be attributed to Crystal's visit.

January
U 7th--Wednesday
E 12th--Monday
T 23rd--Friday
Crystal's visitation days would have been Jan 2-4, Jan 16-18 and Jan 30-Feb 1. None of these absences or the tardy can be attributed to her.

February
U 2nd--Monday
U 5th--Thursday
Crystal's next visitation would have been Feb 13-15. Neither of these absences can be attributed to her unless one would like to make a leap of logic.

Debs, thank you for all this work. She sure missed way too much school and was late way too frequently.

I do know that many employers have watched employee's absences and when there are frequent mondays 'called in sick', they have surmised there is a drug or alcohol problem. Many of these types find the first day of work (Monday) difficult to deal with.

But this document is interesting for another reason, what was wrong with haleigh on Thursday, the 5th? She was absent on Monday maybe because they partied to hard over the weekend....but Thursday...wonder what that was all about?

I am surprised she made it to school, on the 9th, must have been outside pressure to make one of them get her to school.

Did RC work on Fridays? She was late many Fridays. Busy had said he works a 10 hr. shift. People used to think he worked a 12 hr shift. BUT on Monday, the 9th, he mentioned to his pastor he worked 8 hrs.

Did RC work on Fridays? She was late many Fridays. Busy had said he works a 10 hr. shift. People used to think he worked a 12 hr shift. BUT on Monday, the 9th, he mentioned to his pastor he worked 8 hrs.

Snipped & BBM.

We don't actually know for a fact what Ron told his pastor about his work shift. His pastor may well have assumed Ron worked an 8 hour shift. Many people do work 8 hours, so that could very well be what happened when the pastor said that about the shift Ron worked.

Snipped & BBM.

We don't actually know for a fact what Ron told his pastor about his work shift. His pastor may well have assumed Ron worked an 8 hour shift. Many people do work 8 hours, so that could very well be what happened when the pastor said that about the shift Ron worked.

Yes, we know for a fact, Ron told his pastor that....Unless you have chosen not to believe the pastor....those were his words.

I am not going to track this down at the moment....but anyone who cares can do so.

Snipped & BBM.

His pastor could very well have assumed as much and said it thinking he was correct. We do know Ronald did not work 8 hour shifts, yes?

Ath~ Do you recall anything about Ronald having an Ipod? Or anything about Haleigh's hearing in one ear being bad?

Sorry, I don't see any such proof and as far as I am concerned...no reason to discuss it further. We will have to agree to disagree because I do see a pattern which involves Crystal either directly or indirectly.

Sorry, I have to question this statement...How do you see a pattern that involves Crystal in Haleigh's absences?

And you don't think she would ask only the one time? IMO...the pattern is definitely there.

I guess another way to look at it is that when Haleigh and Rj were getting ready to go or coming home from staying with Crystal...they possibly had a difficult time re-adjusting to normal life which would include Haleigh missing school at those times. This wouldn't speak well for Crystal's visitation either, but we do know with children it does occur.

Uhm...now a one time event makes a pattern?

When CS requested to pick up the children earlier than 6pm on Friday, RC should have just said "no". If she returned them later than 6pm on Sunday, he shouild have called the police for her failure to obey a court ordered visitation schedule. This is the only way to try to force a non-compliant parent to bide by the order of the court.

If the children were not returned on Sunday night, he should have called the school to let them know that HaLeigh would not be in school because her mother did not return her from visitation. Although not an excused absence, he would have created a record of absences due to failure to comply with a court order.

Of course, had he done so, he would be called all sorts of names for "harassing" CS with something like this.

I can't tell you how many calls I have gotten at 6:15pm from custodial parents wanting to file contempt charges because the children were returned 15 minutes late from visitation, or from non-custodial parents who were denied visitation because they were 10 minutes late in picking up the children. Some use the court order as a baton with which to beat on each other and some are lenient with the rules. Once called into court over a dispute, the lenient ones who allowed the other to disobey the order and not follow it to the "T" are questioned as to why they are suddenly requesting strict adherence to the order. I have seen people fight over minutes for years and years.

His pastor could very well have assumed as much and said it thinking he was correct. We do know Ronald did not work 8 hour shifts, yes?

Ath~ Do you recall anything about Ronald having an Ipod? Or anything about Haleigh's hearing in one ear being bad?

That's what I'm thinking as far as the pastor. Ron did not work 8 hour shifts - PDM does not even have 8 hour shifts. ;)

As far as the Ipods go, I don't know. I've never seen any pictures with either Ron or HaLeigh using one. And I've seen tons of pictures. Not sure about HaLeigh's hearing, either. No help, I know... :cool:

I have been praying for her safe return . I thought for sure the psysics would find her . Only God knows what happened and the person or persons involved.I think this has went cold to. I hope and pray that they will find her .

When CS requested to pick up the children earlier than 6pm on Friday, RC should have just said "no". If she returned them later than 6pm on Sunday, he shouild have called the police for her failure to obey a court ordered visitation schedule. This is the only way to try to force a non-compliant parent to bide by the order of the court.

If the children were not returned on Sunday night, he should have called the school to let them know that HaLeigh would not be in school because her mother did not return her from visitation. Although not an excused absence, he would have created a record of absences due to failure to comply with a court order.

Of course, had he done so, he would be called all sorts of names for "harassing" CS with something like this.

I can't tell you how many calls I have gotten at 6:15pm from custodial parents wanting to file contempt charges because the children were returned 15 minutes late from visitation, or from non-custodial parents who were denied visitation because they were 10 minutes late in picking up the children. Some use the court order as a baton with which to beat on each other and some are lenient with the rules. Once called into court over a dispute, the lenient ones who allowed the other to disobey the order and not follow it to the "T" are questioned as to why they are suddenly requesting strict adherence to the order. I have seen people fight over minutes for years and years.

There is simply nothing to substantiate a claim that she got the kids more than from Friday at 6 p.m., to Sunday at 6 p.m. It certainly cannot be ascertained by a school record. It is not verified as proof because Crystal relays that she was told that RONALD could not keep her out of school or he would risk getting into trouble. It can only be ascertained that MAYBE during that conversation, Crystal asked (and was denied) permission to have the children longer.

I know I may be butting in ..lol. But I am not sure how the discussion of Haleighs absences is helping find her in anyway and I also do not see how Crystal could be blamed in regards to this unless some one here has first hand knowledge of it.They both should be held accountable for it. JMO of course..

That's what I'm thinking as far as the pastor. Ron did not work 8 hour shifts - PDM does not even have 8 hour shifts. ;)

snipped.

Wow...the words, "Ron did not work 8 hour shifts". Spoken with much authority..do you know for sure? Have you called PDM? I assume you must have...

Has RC ever arrived late? Maybe he was late on Feb 9th. IMO, RC would not be adverse to going to work late...

Pastor says:

<<PARCO: I just have got to tell you, Jane, I truly believe that he has done nothing wrong in this respect. I don`t think he violated any code or any operation that might be present within the drug world. I don`t think he`s done any of that. I don`t believe any of that has a bearing on this particular case. He is incredibly distraught and upset. Let me tell you what he said last night.

I spent an hour and a half with him last night. He told me last night -- we were out in the middle of the cold in North Florida. Believe it or not, it does get cold in North Florida. We were out in the middle of North Florida, and he told me this. He said, "Pastor," he said, "I kissed my daughter, went to work, trying to make an honest living, trying to make an honest wage. I came home eight hours later, and she was gone.">>
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/25/ijvm.01.html

Pastor says:

<<PARCO: I just have got to tell you, Jane, I truly believe that he has done nothing wrong in this respect. I don`t think he violated any code or any operation that might be present within the drug world. I don`t think he`s done any of that. I don`t believe any of that has a bearing on this particular case. He is incredibly distraught and upset. Let me tell you what he said last night.

I spent an hour and a half with him last night. He told me last night -- we were out in the middle of the cold in North Florida. Believe it or not, it does get cold in North Florida. We were out in the middle of North Florida, and he told me this. He said, "Pastor," he said, "I kissed my daughter, went to work, trying to make an honest living, trying to make an honest wage. I came home eight hours later, and she was gone.">>

First of all, that transcript attributes that quote to "Vinny Parco", a Private Investigator. He has nothing to do with the case - the transcript is wrong.

Second, PDM does not have an 8 hour shift. That was verified early on. Ron's shift was 4:30 pm - 3 am. If you call PDM, they will verify this information.

Finally, like I stated before, there is nothing to prove the pastor did not misspeak, misremember, or state what he thought thinking he was correct. He is obviously very fond of Ron, IMO.

Pastor says:

Here is the video to that transcript. YouTube - ISSUES 2/25/09 Part 1 of 4

Part of the transcript is not accurate. It was the Pastor saying: "I just got to tell you Jane, etc.," not Parco.

So, it is a fact that we have the pastor saying Ronald told him he worked 8 hours.

If his hours were 4:30 to 3:00, that is a 10 hr shift, as you say.

This leaves open the possibility that RC really did work 8 hrs. He may have gone to work late. He had a lot on his plate that day with Misty problems, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot