Ron C. #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, DotsEyes. Wow, everyone here makes such good points.

I am not at all familiar with tracking dogs. Do they follow the path in the right order or could this have been reversed? We have tracking dogs following a scent in the area and cadaver dogs hitting on the dumpster.

We have the caregiver saying Haleigh was in pj's at first; then pink top and underwear; then pink shirt found in laundry. Sleeping in the same bed, no different bed. My conclusion is this girl had no idea what Haleigh was wearing at all. She was either totally out of it on drugs or she wasn't there at all. MC had a heavy drug weekend. RC had to drag her home, I assume because he had to work. We do not know his hours but he implies he works 12 hour shifts...big question mark here!
He was new at the job and therefore, he would not have developed much of a pattern for strangers to know the time for certain when he arrives home. There is NO dna or anything found in home that is suspicious. I would think this rules out a stranger was observing the routine at the MH.

The only friend of RC's I am aware of is the man who resembles a bodyguard. I think his name is Orlando. We have not heard from him, at least I have not read anything. What is his story?

It appears Haleigh's last walk or drive was somewhere between the canal and the bus stop. The time line is in question. Does anyone know if the AC man saw Haleigh when he was there and what time was he at the house doing the repair?

If we are to believe a stranger came in an picked up Haleigh from the floor than we have to assume he had to bend way down or stoop and lift and no noise or struggle occured? This does not compute! No noise, no hairs, no dna, no struggle.

When the MH was released, it looked like it was cleaned and left very sparse....nothing personal left behind. I bet that mattress was placed in RC's room after the fact.

It is hard for me to imagine Ron putting up with MC after her fling. He must have been fuming...or should have been. It would be normal to harbor extreme feelings of anger at the person who was there when this occurred and this is under the best circumstances. Lack of anger and responding with an engagement immediately is a huge red flag. Why did he turn around and marry her after she had slept with someone else within a day or so of his daughter disappearing? For appearing to be a controlling person who gives off airs of violence to me....this makes no sense...can't get past this....

I realize I do not understand this mindset and lifestyle at all...frankly, this town's behavior reminds me of something right out of the movie, "Deliverance"...

BBM He couldn't have worked a 12 hour shift on the day/night Haleigh went missing. Per Ron, he picked Hayleigh up at the bus stop. That would've been around 3:45. He couldn't have gotten to PDM before 4:10 or so. He left PDM at 3AM the next morning.

I think he worked an 8 hour shift and didn't have to leave for work until 6:30 or so. That's why TN and AS were so quick to provide an additional alibi for Ron. AS saw Haleigh up and alive between 7-8PM, after Ron would have left for work. JMHO

Does anyone have any information about RC's work history? The article indicated that he had not worked at this company that long.

I believe the custody case was in 2005 so I'm guessing that his job then was not the same as now.

Does anyone have any information about RC's work history? The article indicated that he had not worked at this company that long.

I believe the custody case was in 2005 so I'm guessing that his job then was not the same as now.

He worked somewhere else in 2005, but hadn't had the job long then, either. In fact, one of the "locals" here stated that he hadn't been working for awhile in 2008 and by October was doing "odd jobs" for him.

He worked somewhere else in 2005, but hadn't had the job long then, either. In fact, one of the "locals" here stated that he hadn't been working for awhile in 2008 and by October was doing "odd jobs" for him.

The job in 2005 was also on the night shift. I wonder if he prefers the night shift and, if so, why ?

This week PDM asked Putnam County deputies to monitor shift changes at the plant that employs about 120 people and manufactures structural sections for steel bridges. McCauley would not say if the company had a specific reason for the request but only that it is done in some cases.

"It's just a judgment call you make from employee to employee based on what might happen," he said.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Sheriff's Office said deputies were stationed at the plant during the two daily shift changes beginning Monday. They wanted to make sure there were no disruptions in case Cummings was upset.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...mmings-father-loses-job-story,0,5007318.story

Do night shifts pay more money?

Usually there is a shift differential.

I think it's tacky to the extreme that PDM fired Ron. Especially for "abandoning" his job. PDM released a statement that they would hold Ron's job. I would take that to mean that he was on some kind of LOA.

And some people say he should have called. But when the company says that they will hold the job, what's the point of calling?

It's just disturbing that this company is as heartless as it is.

He should have called. He can not expect a place to hold his job indefinitely, without even hearing from him. They are a business, and it was just a business decision. However, from the story I posted, it sounds like they were expecting trouble from him.

while i think RC should have called his job to request a LOA, i think calling his job was the last thing on his mind. he is too busy covering himself in other ways. guilty or not, i know that calling my job wouldn't be on the top of my list, besides i think the co i work for would shut down a couple of days and help in the search. different lifestyles, different priorities, different people.

I forgot to mention that my above post is my opinion only:doh:

Ron is unemployed now-- imo, he's going to need alot of help from donations-- dinners and drinks, music, etc. Is the fund on his behalf still open through the funeral home?

I hope the fund is still open for Ronald, but I also hope he gets another job very soon. I think it would be in his best interest to get back to work. He needs to stay busy and keep the focus on finding Haleigh instead of giving his opponents any fodder for more rumors and the other BS.

Wow, I'm just not sure how to interpret this. The company stated that they do this in some cases. Obviously cases where someone may react violently. Sure makes you wonder what they know about Ron. JMO of course.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...mmings-father-loses-job-story,0,5007318.story

(snip)
This week PDM asked Putnam County deputies to monitor shift changes at the plant that employs about 120 people and manufactures structural sections for steel bridges. McCauley would not say if the company had a specific reason for the request but only that it is done in some cases.

"It's just a judgment call you make from employee to employee based on what might happen," he said.

I thought Ron went back to work a couple of weeks ago.

I admit... I haven't been keeping up. :ashamed0005:

My understanding of why MC called 911 was because Ron had not gotten home yet. She had called Ron and said Haleigh was missing, and Ron asked why the hell are you calling me, call 911. Which she did and as she was on the phone with 911, Ron arrived at home.
As for Ron's continual statement that he doesn't know what happened, he was at work -- had he done as some have suggested and simply said No comment, or had he invoked the 5th, I'm sure he would have many more detractors saying he had something to hide. When something of this magnitude comes to light on your frontdoor step, you can make all the assumptions you want to about how differently you would react, about how much more intelligent you might sound when being interviewed by some scummy reporter (no names, please!), or about how you would or wouldn't do something. My own personal perspective is that you have no idea how would react until you have faced it. I'm giving Ron the benefit of the doubt because he was at work. I don't think he hired anyone to kidnap his child. I don't think he pissed off some drug dealer and said drug dealer stole his child. Drug dealers don't kidnap children. Please don't judge Ron too harshly. He is not the brightest bulb in the marquee, but I believe he does love his children, and I believe he was doing the best he could to raise them in a comfortable, loving home. Haleigh's pictures tell the real story of how much she was loved. Surmise all you want, but one look at Haleigh's pictures with her Dad tell me those two love each other.

Thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten about that statement, but it isn't consistent with the statement he made about Misty being in the front doorway when he arrived home, and him knowing something was wrong because she's usually asleep, they all are, when he gets home. This is when he explains how she then tells him the back door is open and his daughter is gone. hmmm
pretty bizarre inconsisency.
He either knew she was missing before he got home, or after he arrived, but it really can't be both imo.

I thought Ron went back to work a couple of weeks ago.

I admit... I haven't been keeping up. :ashamed0005:

From the time of Haleigh's disappearance, Ronald Cummings was told that his employer was holding his job open. He was told by his employer that he could start back to work on Monday, April 6, 2009. Ronald agreed to this date and was prepared to go into work when he was told on Friday, April 3, 2009 that the offer to return to work was being withdrawn for "abandoning his job

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...press-release-cummings-041609,0,1808531.story

What did you want him to say? He was at work and he didn't have a clue what happened or how it happened until he came home and could talk to Misty. What I hear him saying is..."I don't know anything because I was at work." It is the truth so why does it bother people?

He wasn't there to see which bed Haleigh was in either. Misty clearly states that she was in the same bed as her and Jr. but Ron makes it clear in the interview with GVS that Haleigh was on the little mattress, even though Misty said she was inches away from her.
So he either knows, (by whatever means) or he doesn't know. But it isn't really ok to use the "I don't know, I was at work" phrase when the questions become more complicated, and insert whatever he chooses to concerning that night when he wasn't there when he wants to portray a thought or image that is desirable for him. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321