Ron C. #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi hultquist!

I don't know about other bloggers, I pretty much keep my own counsel and form my own opinions. I've never read, that I remember, people saying RC did it for money, more nefarious reasons, yes, but not for the money LOL. So that's a new one on me! Generally speaking, because this is the RC thread LOL, I would have questions and grave concerns of any non-custodial, non-supporting/contributing parent of a missing child who possibly reaps a windfall, for whatever the reason. Especially if the donations were untraceable for a period of time or were often solicited in cash, whether the child went missing for that reason or it was just a by-product.

ok...I'll ask a Ron question. Why does he show deception in interviews that he does? I'm just trying to learn. Thanks

ok...I'll ask a Ron question. Why does he show deception in interviews that he does? I'm just trying to learn. Thanks

Why Golly Gosh I could probably provide a more thorough answer if you'd provide me some examples/links. ;)

---------
Just curious here, what do you think about his statement that he has not questioned nor spoke to Misty about Haleigh's disappearance. I ask you this because it just boggles my mind that a father of a missing five year old little girl would not question the "babysitter" of the little girl about her disappearance. This is just so strange and just so very wrong.

That would boggle my mind too! However, if we go back and listen to the 911 call or perhaps read the 911 transcript we could count the times that Ronald asks Misty where Haleigh is. He even asks how she could lose his daughter...or something to that affect. We also hear him offering up an explanation to the 911 dispatch if it meant they would hurry the gosh up and get there. He says "somebody stole my child".

I am of the opinion that Ronald did indeed question Misty about the events of that night, if not in private then there is evidence of it on the 911 call, she does not give him the answers he wants, but he does ask her.

That would boggle my mind too! However, if we go back and listen to the 911 call or perhaps read the 911 transcript we could count the times that Ronald asks Misty where Haleigh is. He even asks how she could lose his daughter...or something to that affect. We also hear him offering up an explanation to the 911 dispatch if it meant they would hurry the gosh up and get there. He says "somebody stole my child".

I am of the opinion that Ronald did indeed question Misty about the events of that night, if not in private then there is evidence of it on the 911 call, she does not give him the answers he wants, but he does ask her.

Great point Elle!

Why Golly Gosh I could probably provide a more thorough answer if you'd provide me some examples/links. ;)

Can't remember where I saw them. Wish I could. I also wish this could be solved soon. So much heartache!

Thanks for responding to me.

---------
Just curious here, what do you think about his statement that he has not questioned nor spoke to Misty about Haleigh's disappearance. I ask you this because it just boggles my mind that a father of a missing five year old little girl would not question the "babysitter" of the little girl about her disappearance. This is just so strange and just so very wrong.

I realize you aren't asking me this question, but I'll answer just the same.

I suspect Ron questioned Misty at length about what happened the night HaLeigh disappeared. I would even venture a guess that is all they talked about when they were together in the days following HaLeigh's disappearance.

However, why is that you think Ron needs to share that with the media? I really doubt that Ron feels the need to share with the media his private conversation with Misty. JMO on the matter.

RC answered the question about drugs, "I don't do drugs", (shame Geraldo couldn't do the follow up)the same way he answered the question, "Have you ever hit your children?" he adamantly said "NO, I have never, EVER hit my child", then goes on to explain the exceptions. Prime example of his Double speak...talks out of both sides of his mouth.

RC's agenda is to make himself look like a perfect parent at any cost. This is also the drill for MC. No matter what it all comes to "we must look good, don't screw up". MCs rote of "I put them to bed at 8:00, cuz that's their bedtime, she has school"..this will be repeated over and over...must impress in people's minds how good we are. Worked for some too. Putting her to bed with her street clothes on would have made her look bad.....so she told 911, Haleigh was wearing PJs....that sounds better. That is most likely the reason for the confusion on what she was wearing. She had the same clothes on she wore to school

Where is RC? Where is Misy. No lawyers telling themm not to speak...hmm. Or did they lawyer up again???

For those who think he was under control, it appeared that he was under control...not so. This man was seething and doing everything in his power to not explode. Notice the family....they saw the signs, as did I, and they intervened before he went ballistic. He may have cut up some more knuckles when the cameras left.

For those who think he was under control, it appeared that he was under control...not so. This man was seething and doing everything in his power to not explode. Notice the family....they saw the signs, as did I, and they intervened before he went ballistic. He may have cut up some more knuckles when the cameras left.
----------
That is the way I saw the situation as well, Whisperer. His mother and father started interrupting in a panic sounding way because they knew the signs of how Ron looks just prior to exploding into a rage. They were trying to stop it before it became the next morning's headlines. IMO, they all have been walking on egg shells during this entire case trying to prevent Ron from showing his true colors.

I realize you aren't asking me this question, but I'll answer just the same.

I suspect Ron questioned Misty at length about what happened the night HaLeigh disappeared. I would even venture a guess that is all they talked about when they were together in the days following HaLeigh's disappearance.

However, why is that you think Ron needs to share that with the media? I really doubt that Ron feels the need to share with the media his private conversation with Misty. JMO on the matter.
----------------
Ron did not say that what went on between was private, he said that he had not asked Misty about what happened.

----------------
Ron did not say that what went on between was private, he said that he had not asked Misty about what happened.

Are you talking about the interview on the today show when Meredith Veira asks him if he has asked Misty about why her story has inconsistencies? He said no I have not? I just want to be clear on where this info is coming from. There is a big difference in asking what happened that night and asking what's up with the inconsistencies.

1. Ronald knows what happened that night, he got home from work and Haleigh was gone. Why would he ask that again?

2. If Ronald believes Misty....which to me it is clear that he does....he would not ask her about the inconsistencies again and again because according to her the only inconsistency was what bed Haleigh was in. The big bed with her and RJ or the little mattress on the floor a few feet from the big bed. Misty has said she doesn't know why there are inconsistencies with her story, so why would Ronald? Ronald was asked if he had asked Misty about her inconsistencies and he said no.

How you and I might react to Misty is one thing, but it seems like Ronald believes her....right or wrong of him....and he would not continue to interrogate her if he already believes the first thing she told him.

He stands before the media and repeats these inconsistencies. He then gets in front of them again and changes the inconsistencies to another one. Then they hook into the final story and that is what we've had since. When asked whether he discussed those inconsistencies with Misty, it would prove apparent that he did, since eventually they both settled upon the same story to tell the media. Yet, instead of stating "Yes, we did discuss it and everything was getting mixed up and we sat down and put it together and got it all straightened out." which COULD have opened them up to a possible collusion charge (not by me, however. It makes more sense that they would have discussed it and gotten ONE story they were going to present instead of the buffet of choices we were offered in the beginning).

But it is an adamant denial ....... not a "that's none of your business" dismissal. A denial of any discussion, yet we have proof there had to be discussion since the stories settled into ONE consistent story after all the inconsistent ones.

Make of that what you will. I am not one of those who believe it's okay to lie because someone isn't obligated to answer a question. I believe there are other ways to convey to the public what is and is not their business to know.

Frankly, it's so obvious to me that they consulted with one another on the inconsistencies, I wonder why the reporter bothered to ask it at all, unless, like myself, the reporter clearly believed there is a pattern of "cover your butt-ness" about Ronald and Misty's stories and wanted to expose it. Which was done, and I might add, quite handily.

OMG - Ron had an absolute right to be seething. He was ambushed by Geraldo. Geraldo walked up to him, shoved a microphone in his face and made accusations... then asked him if he was an informant. Let's just pretend for a minute he was an informant. Does anyone think that is a wise question on Geraldo's part? Does Geraldo even consider that he might be putting Ron and the rest of his family in danger? Of course not - this is the same man that allowed Ron's SON to be put on his show talking about the man he "witnessed" take sissy. Then again, that was Crystal's fault for allowing THAT to happen, so hard to blame Geraldo, he was all about ratings, not caring about safety of the people he interviews.

In any event - Geraldo ambushed Ron and he had every right to be angry. If anyone would not have been angry in that circumstance (keeping in mind his daughter is missing), then that person must be a SAINT! Ron kept his anger totally in check which is the important thing. There is nothing in that interview that even suggests Ron was about to go "ballistic" as you say, Whisperer.

If you watch the entire video, when Geraldo is walking off the property, Ron walks out talking to the camera making a plea for HaLeigh -- "All this is about is my daughter. I love you baby! If you are out there I want you to know I will find you and I love you baby! And to whoever has you please bring my daughter home to me - I love my daughter! I will find you!"

RC answered the question about drugs, "I don't do drugs", (shame Geraldo couldn't do the follow up)the same way he answered the question, "Have you ever hit your children?" he adamantly said "NO, I have never, EVER hit my child", then goes on to explain the exceptions. Prime example of his Double speak...talks out of both sides of his mouth.

RC's agenda is to make himself look like a perfect parent at any cost. This is also the drill for MC. No matter what it all comes to "we must look good, don't screw up". MCs rote of "I put them to bed at 8:00, cuz that's their bedtime, she has school"..this will be repeated over and over...must impress in people's minds how good we are. Worked for some too. Putting her to bed with her street clothes on would have made her look bad.....so she told 911, Haleigh was wearing PJs....that sounds better. That is most likely the reason for the confusion on what she was wearing. She had the same clothes on she wore to school

Where is RC? Where is Misy. No lawyers telling themm not to speak...hmm. Or did they lawyer up again???

At the cost of being redundant LOL:

1. Again, GR pretty much ambushes RC and asks if he hit his child. OBVIOUSLY to me, and I would assume Ron, GR was NOT talking about spanking. So RC IMO first answers the question he, and certainly I, would think was pretty clear in GR's word and demeanor.... "hit", clearly meaning ABUSE in light of the abuse allegations in the national media at that time. Then Ron goes on to clarify about the spanking. They were insinuating horrible, horrible abuse, he answered HONESTLY. If Ron never mentioned the spanking WE WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT. Since Ron was cleared in a high profile abuse case, probably the most high profile, media blitzed DCF case I've ever seen, I don't understand how this can be an indictment against him on it's own face. "Spanking" statistics were posted in one of the threads the other day... if him admitting he "spanked" was an indictment of his character, the majority of the country would be "child abusers"

I do believe RC was very proud of the fact he considered himself a good father. I also believe Misty was very proud of the way she took care of the children. CS stated several times the kids loved Misty and she took good care of them (paraphrasing) and she stated RC loved Haleigh and she was her heart. But I agree I think it's possible some of Misty's inconsistencies were because she didn't want to look like a bad caretaker, since this was probably one of the few things in her life she could really be proud of.

There is a difference between hitting and spanking a child. If I were to smack my child with my open hand on her face...it is totally different than using the same open hand to spank her on the bottom for punishment. Ronald said he never HIT his children. He hasn't according to DCF. He is allowed to spank them and was pointing that out. DCF has rules which back up that he is allowed to spank them. This certainly is NOT double speak!

Please give me the link that states she had on the same clothes she wore to school that day.

BBM

Then they hook into the final story and that is what we've had since. When asked whether he discussed those inconsistencies with Misty, it would prove apparent that he did, since eventually they both settled upon the same story to tell the media. Yet, instead of stating "Yes, we did discuss it and everything was getting mixed up and we sat down and put it together and got it all straightened out." which COULD have opened them up to a possible collusion charge (not by me, however. It makes more sense that they would have discussed it and gotten ONE story they were going to present instead of the buffet of choices we were offered in the beginning).

But it is an adamant denial ....... not a "that's none of your business" dismissal. A denial of any discussion, yet we have proof there had to be discussion since the stories settled into ONE consistent story after all the inconsistent ones.

Make of that what you will. I am not one of those who believe it's okay to lie because someone isn't obligated to answer a question. I believe there are other ways to convey to the public what is and is not their business to know.

Frankly, it's so obvious to me that they consulted with one another on the inconsistencies, I wonder why the reporter bothered to ask it at all, unless, like myself, the reporter clearly believed there is a pattern of "cover your butt-ness" about Ronald and Misty's stories and wanted to expose it. Which was done, and I might add, quite handily.

Re First Bolded:

KLAAS: I`m not going to go there. I mean, this little girl`s gone. And there`s no -- I have -- I have no expectation that Ron is involved in the disappearance of his little girl. I mean he`s been awfully consistent.

GRACE: You know what, you`re absolutely correct, Marc.

KLAAS: He`s been awfully consistent.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/18/ng.01.html

2nd Bold: The simplest answer I can think of is maybe LE told him not to talk about anything Misty's said to him because it was part of the investigation and he thought that was the easiest way to deflect the question and not tip off Misty he was recounting what she said to LE

Third Bold: Why does the public have a right to know????

I don't think there was any "settling on a story". Lol....if this were the case I think they would have settled on a story that made more sense and had LESS INCONSISTENCIES, for goodness sakes. Surely all these past offenders could have come up with a better story to tell the media than that.

It is unfortunate that it all had to work out this way. It would be nice if we had more evidence to go on....oopsies, I forgot, LE forgot to analyze the important evidence.

He stands before the media and repeats these inconsistencies. He then gets in front of them again and changes the inconsistencies to another one. Then they hook into the final story and that is what we've had since. When asked whether he discussed those inconsistencies with Misty, it would prove apparent that he did, since eventually they both settled upon the same story to tell the media. Yet, instead of stating "Yes, we did discuss it and everything was getting mixed up and we sat down and put it together and got it all straightened out." which COULD have opened them up to a possible collusion charge (not by me, however. It makes more sense that they would have discussed it and gotten ONE story they were going to present instead of the buffet of choices we were offered in the beginning).

I agree it's not ok, in general, to lie. It's not like he filed a false police report or anything tho.......

----------
That is the way I saw the situation as well, Whisperer. His mother and father started interrupting in a panic sounding way because they knew the signs of how Ron looks just prior to exploding into a rage. They were trying to stop it before it became the next morning's headlines. IMO, they all have been walking on egg shells during this entire case trying to prevent Ron from showing his true colors.
IMO, His parents could clearly see that Geraldo was ambushing their son and it pissed them both off! They didn't jump in to save Geraldo from getting pummeled by Ronald...they jumped in wanting to stop Geraldo from spewing the accusations at him which were lies. Darn right Ronald was enraged and ready to explode!! He had every right to be enraged!! So did his parents!!

Ronald did show his true colors when he refrained from punching him. Of course, Ronald was seething. Hell...I was seething, too! It was a horrible display of being ambushed and being wrongfully accused of things which have now proven to be totally untrue!!

Geraldo should be ashamed of himself for having done that to a father with a missing daughter. He once again backed the wrong horse and lost that bet miserably. IMO, He just can't pick the winners in any race these days...hence the alliance with JB and Casey.

I don't think there was any "settling on a story". Lol....if this were the case I think they would have settled on a story that made more sense and had LESS INCONSISTENCIES, for goodness sakes. Surely all these past offenders could have come up with a better story to tell the media than that.

It is unfortunate that it all had to work out this way. It would be nice if we had more evidence to go on....oopsies, I forgot, LE forgot to analyze the important evidence.
Exactly!! There was no "covering up", "settling on any story", and Ronald was trying to clear up what he had been told by Misty by explaining about the beds, imo. Sleeping together in the same room can be considered "sleeping together" even if the beds are 3 feet apart, imo. (Another thing Ronald had to clear up was when Misty mispoke about inches instead of feet. She knew it wasn't inches in her mind, but her mouth kept saying it, imo. I know I have done this a thousand times in my lifetime.)

Yes, let's not forget the evidence which LE had right in front of them, but failed to analyze! I wonder if one of those things was the back screendoor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper