Ron C. #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping together in the same bed and sleeping together in the same room is NOT the same thing in anyone's mind, especially LE when they are tossing bedding out on a ramp to get Haleigh's scent for the tracking dogs. Exactly where she was sleeping mattered and Misty and Ron lied about it either in the beginning or later. And how can anyone suggest they know what was in Misty's mind when she talked about the inches versus feet? That is kind of a stretch!

I like to believe that a lot of what the rest of us might call inconsistencies are due to a peculiar method of communication used by MC. It makes sense that RC might not question "inconsistencies" if he had spent enough time with MC to understand her verbal idiosyncrasies.

I want to believe that RC, MC, CS, et al are not involved...but sometimes secretly hope one of them has her safely hidden somewhere. That's a lot more palatable to me than believing she's with a stranger intent to do her harm--or one who already has.

JMHO

Sorry to disagree, but in my mind it must be as I have said the same thing many times. My kiddo used to sleep on a junior bed in my room and I considered it as "sleeping together". We were not in separate rooms and to me this constitutes together.

I have called my kids by the one of the other kid's names many times and they would always correct me so I know for a fact this happens. It became a joke in our family. It wasn't that I did not know my own child's name, but because I was focused on something else the right name didn't come out properly. Misty, imo, was scared, nervous, and with the unnatural aspect of being in front of millions of people while being grilled...I think it was a very natural mistake on her part. I do not believe she realized her mistake until Ronald corrected it.

Exactly!! There was no "covering up", "settling on any story", and Ronald was trying to clear up what he had been told by Misty by explaining about the beds, imo. Sleeping together in the same room can be considered "sleeping together" even if the beds are 3 feet apart, imo. (Another thing Ronald had to clear up was when Misty mispoke about inches instead of feet. She knew it wasn't inches in her mind, but her mouth kept saying it, imo. I know I have done this a thousand times in my lifetime.)

Yes, let's not forget the evidence which LE had right in front of them, but failed to analyze! I wonder if one of those things was the back screendoor?

Thank you for assisting me in making my point. They did in fact discuss the inconsistencies and come together to tell the same story after repeated appearances when the story was fluctuating. Appreciate the help, SS! It's not often we make the same point!

I like to believe that a lot of what the rest of us might call inconsistencies are due to a peculiar method of communication used by MC. It makes sense that RC might not question "inconsistencies" if he had spent enough time with MC to understand her verbal idiosyncracies.

I want to believe that RC, MC, CS, et al are not involved...but sometimes secretly hope one of them has her safely hidden somewhere. That's a lot more palatable to me than believing she's with a stranger intent to do her harm--or one who already has.

JMHO
Thank YOU!! I could not agree with you more!! You hit the nail right on the head.

Thank you for assisting me in making my point. They did in fact discuss the inconsistencies and come together to tell the same story after repeated appearances when the story was fluctuating. Appreciate the help, SS! It's not often we make the same point!
We still do not agree on anything. I did not make your point for you since your point states they cooked this up prior to the interviews when clearly that did not happen. If they had "come together to tell the same story"...we would not have seen it on camera. It is very clear to me that they did not "cook up" anything at all.

Please stop with the sarcasm. I don't appreciate it.

I used no sarcasm, nor did I imply they cooked up anything. I merely pointed out that it was obvious that they discussed the inconsistencies and corrected them to come up with the story we now have. We have all heard the various versions; you yourself indicate that Ronald needed to "clear up" things from Misty. If that doesn't mean they discussed the inconsistencies, I am at a loss to explain how Ronald could be the source of any wisdom on where the children were sleeping that night at all.

Thank YOU!! I could not agree with you more!! You hit the nail right on the head.

WHEW! When I saw your post that began, "Sorry to disagree..." directly under mine, I got a little confused!

I remember when I first met my MIL (to be at the time). She kept repeating a phrase over and over in conversation and it made no sense to me whatsoever. Once DH explained it to me it made perfect sense.

I do remember when the issue of the beds first came up. I remember seeing video of either MC or one of her family members clarifying what MC had said. It seemed perfectly reasonable to me at the time. It made sense to me that she might say, "We all went to bed together," (I'm sure that isn't verbatim) and meant they went to bed in the same room.

ETA: In the south, people will say, "I was 'in the bed'" instead of "In bed" as a normal pattern of speech. If someone says, "We were in THE bed," they don't necessarily mean in the SAME bed. The addition of that one little word, "the," IMO is at the source of the confusion for this particular statement of MC's. Having lived in the south for 20 years now--and hearing "in the bed" instead of "in bed" for so long--is probably the reason that I don't see this as big an issue as others might.

Clear as mud, right? LOL

Let's not nit pick. They did not DISCUSS it. He corrected her on camera. End of story.

Sleeping together in the same bed and sleeping together in the same room is NOT the same thing in anyone's mind, especially LE when they are tossing bedding out on a ramp to get Haleigh's scent for the tracking dogs. Exactly where she was sleeping mattered and Misty and Ron lied about it either in the beginning or later. And how can anyone suggest they know what was in Misty's mind when she talked about the inches versus feet? That is kind of a stretch!

I will go and find the interview I am referring to here because I know I will be asked for it....lol. But, in the master bedroom there were 2 beds, the master bed that Misty and RJ were reported to have been sleeping in.....and the toddler bed mattress that was on the floor, which Haleigh is reported to have been sleeping in. When Misty first gave statement I understood her to have said we were all sleeping together, which in fact if they were all in the same room....they were all together. Then when media picked up the story and reported that Haleigh was actually in the toddler bed on the floor in the master bedroom, Misty said yeah, thats what I meant.....or something like that, I can't remember her very words. However, because she then said Haleigh was in the other bed on the floor, everyone thought she was lying or covering something up, really all that happened was she said they were all together....which they were....in the same room....even though there were 2 beds in the room.

Let's not nit pick. They did not DISCUSS it. He corrected her on camera. End of story.

Respectfully stated, you are neither the final word on the matter nor are you an authority on it unless you are Ron or Misty. Elsewise, the interpretation is legitimately held by me that they discussed it. I have given credit that it would be in their best interest to have done so, since in fact they came to the same story AFTER having stated the same inconsistencies, together and separately. You, however, can maintain your position. You will not dictate to me what I will look at in terms of what it could possibly mean with regard to the disappearance of Haleigh. If they discussed it does not mean they did anything to cause Haleigh's disappearance. But it could. And that is good enough for me to continue to look into it. Carry on.

I must have missed part of the interview they edited out...because I saw no discussion. I saw Ronald correct her. Period.

For the record Ron C stated in one of his first interviews that she was stolen out of "HIS" bed. He also told NG on February 11th she was sleeping in "HIS" bed

Glad you made my point!..he never misses an opportunity to discuss his custody. He has yet to answer questions about why misty gets the questions mixed up.

You will see when he is asked about why M does this? he doesn't answer that question but adds "I'm tired of people talking about my custody....la,la,la..etc.

I never said RC was trashing CS, if you thought it was me, it wasn't. My point was he brings up custody and answers in full custody questions but never answers questions whens asked about why misty gets things mixed up and will deflect the answer onto CS and custody.

If you notice in videos, he says People are taking away from my child's disappearance and then he talks about the custody and what a better parent he is. Again this man speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Re Bolded by me:

I found this link, this was the tone RC set in the beginning when asked about custody. It's a shame it had to become what it did :(

Although he did not get into specifics, Ronald Cummings said the two families had held a vigil together Tuesday night but Sheffield and her family went to a different location Wednesday.

"I feel we should come together and join forces because obviously together we could be stronger," he said.

Cummings has primary custody of Haleigh, and Crystal Sheffield has her daughter every other weekend. Cummings said he expects to keep primary custody when she is returned. He added that he also wanted to dispute any ideas about the disappearance of Haleigh being related to the custody issue.

"I just want it cleared up this is not a custody battle," he said.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090212/ARTICLES/902120298

Misty had told detectives also that is where they were when Haleigh was taken. You can check out the report for verification. It is very clear that is what she said. It is a document that will be used and is official as her exact words.

OH Ceeker....nice try...and deflection, I might add. The video is about Ron lying/not lying...which is it BTW?

This was before the issue of custody was filed and KP entered. Ron did not have a chance at the time of THIS interview as the Custody and Crystal wanting JP with her so he would be safe had not been filed yet.

I guess you missed the point of the video interview posted above #75...RC said both children were in bed with Misty as Misty reported to LE and it is documented on the incident Report in the Sheriff's department.

Well...you got me there. He did say that they were in the same bed during that early interview.

Whisperer.....in your post you say that interview is dated 2-11. Is that the day the interview was posted on utube or is that the date of the interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmu