Ron C. #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it really make a difference since Ronald wasn't there anyway? Maybe Misty did tell him they were sleeping together and he thought she meant in his bed when she really meant in the same room. This could easily be the reason for his earlier statements and why they changed.

I don't see it makes one ounce of difference in finding Haleigh. She is not at the mh. She isn't sleeping in her bed or any other bed right now where she should be in the care of people who dearly love her. She is missing. How is figuring out which bed she was in or why there is a discrepency about it going to give us a location of where she is now?

I agree with you SS, some could go for days on beds and blankets. I imagine we're about due for someone to make a false claim about TN stating she picked HaLeigh up at the bus stop, that one comes up regularly. :rolleyes:

It can be a very scary place to go, I know, but somebody's gotta go there. Ron and Misty are the key if you care to look at the statements.

I must be getting tired my verbiage is slipping. What I should have said was I think it is very possible in light of his being at work per recent statements of LE (linked in another post) that Misty said different stuff, RC repeated, Misty said stuff, RC repeated. .

Re first bolded in your post. I think it's possible that Ron was trying to help her get the story out because she is so woefully lacking in communication skills IMO. I think it's interesting that in the Meredith Viera interview RC was roundly slammed precisely for not helping her out.

Re Second bolded in your post. Possibly Misty told him and he believed her. Possibly he assumed they were in the positition they were in every night and he had no reason to believe they'd been moved. Possibly he saw where they were when he got home and assumed that was the position they were in a few hours before...

BBM.....but just listen to her interview after getting the marriage license or the one with TN in front of the convenience store after returning from New York. Misty's communication skills are in no way hampered when she KNOWS what she is talking about. When it is something she actually experienced as opposed to something she is "supposed" to say, she has quite adequate communication skills.

As to seeing them in a certain position when he got home.....what are you saying there? If they (Misty and Haleigh) were in ANY BED AT ALL when RC got home, then we have some really, really big problems with the stories here!

Either:

1. R is covering for M.
2. M is covering for R.
3. R&M decided to change story together.

Why the need to change the story? It was reported to LE by Misty where Haleigh was sleeping (with her in the same bed) It would be very hard to get past an intruder lifting a child sleeping about 4 inches beside you, thus the change.,,IMO

Misty's perky interview and she explains that RC never talked bad to her that night. Her communications skills are very good.

YouTube - Art Harris Exclusive: Misty Cummings Speaks!

Yep - this is the same Misty we saw in the interview outside the Courthouse on the day Misty and Ron picked up their wedding license. Misty was with her mom. She was effusive, upbeat and confident. IIRC, this is when she asserted that the lie detector test had proved she was in the mh that night. In any event, this is the Misty we see shortly before her wedding.

Then we see the same Misty in the video above which I believe was just after the wedding. This time, Misty is with Teresa, IIRC. Ron is in the background in both instances - but is not part of either of these interviews that Misty has with the media.

IMO, His parents could clearly see that Geraldo was ambushing their son and it pissed them both off! They didn't jump in to save Geraldo from getting pummeled by Ronald...they jumped in wanting to stop Geraldo from spewing the accusations at him which were lies. Darn right Ronald was enraged and ready to explode!! He had every right to be enraged!! So did his parents!!

Ronald did show his true colors when he refrained from punching him. Of course, Ronald was seething. Hell...I was seething, too! It was a horrible display of being ambushed and being wrongfully accused of things which have now proven to be totally untrue!!

Geraldo should be ashamed of himself for having done that to a father with a missing daughter. He once again backed the wrong horse and lost that bet miserably. IMO, He just can't pick the winners in any race these days...hence the alliance with JB and Casey.
----------
I've never said that Ron did not have a right to be angry. With Geraldo in his face, he should have been angry. I said that Geraldo asked Ron questions that a lot of people wanted asked. I'm certainly not tooting Geraldo's horn here, I am simply glad that someone asked the right questions. It is still my opinion that his mother and father were trying to stop something before it happened on camera. I'm sure that they have supported Ron throughout all of his developing years and will continue to do so.l

Yep - this is the same Misty we saw in the interview outside the Courthouse on the day Misty and Ron picked up their wedding license. Misty was with her mom. She was effusive, upbeat and confident. IIRC, this is when she asserted that the lie detector test had proved she was in the mh that night. In any event, this is the Misty we see shortly before her wedding.

Then we see the same Misty in the video above which I believe was just after the wedding. This time, Misty is with Teresa, IIRC. Ron is in the background in both instances - but is not part of either of these interviews that Misty has with the media.
---------
Shaymus, you've got to admit that Misty has finally got that story down pat. It just rolls off of her tongue. All without any help or coaching from Ron.

Either:

1. R is covering for M.
2. M is covering for R.
3. R&M decided to change story together.

Why the need to change the story? It was reported to LE by Misty where Haleigh was sleeping (with her in the same bed) It would be very hard to get past an intruder lifting a child sleeping about 4 inches beside you, thus the change.,,IMO

My choice would be #2 on your list.. I cannot see Ron C covering for Misty if he thought for a second she was the one responsible for Haleigh's disappearance.

----------
I've never said that Ron did not have a right to be angry. With Geraldo in his face, he should have been angry. I said that Geraldo asked Ron questions that a lot of people wanted asked. I'm certainly not tooting Geraldo's horn here, I am simply glad that someone asked the right questions. It is still my opinion that his mother and father were trying to stop something before it happened on camera. I'm sure that they have supported Ron throughout all of his developing years and will continue to do so.l

IMHO Being supportive and enabling are two entirely different things. Ron C has been enabled rather than supported. Definitely a hindrance to growing up and learning to accept responsibility. Enabling anyone doesn't promote too much development on anyone's part.JMO

Does it really make a difference since Ronald wasn't there anyway? Maybe Misty did tell him they were sleeping together and he thought she meant in his bed when she really meant in the same room. This could easily be the reason for his earlier statements and why they changed.

I don't see it makes one ounce of difference in finding Haleigh. She is not at the mh. She isn't sleeping in her bed or any other bed right now where she should be in the care of people who dearly love her. She is missing. How is figuring out which bed she was in or why there is a discrepency about it going to give us a location of where she is now?

It matters a great deal. A very great deal indeed. There was never a conspiracy to OUT these two as liars. I have always asserted that his statement that he never asked about the inconsistencies and flipped his story when he HAD to have asked wtf about the inconsistencies, only to have them change again, leaving him wagging in the wind with another wtf...........they talked about the inconsistencies. The changes in the stories, the glare to holding her to the RIGHT story in the early morning video.......I'll get the link in a secYouTube - Haleigh Cummings' father, Ronald Cummings' Interview by Greta Van Susteren.......c'mon. Stating he never asked was a lie. He DID ask. Maybe he accepted them as her idiosyncratic speech issues. Perhaps he realized it was BS what she said and he was willing to work with her haze to get to the truth. Maybe he was trying to tell her what to say so that he didn't look like a completely incompetent imbecile

The issue has always been the statement that Ronald made where he says he never talked to Misty about the inconsistencies. As many have proven today...............yes, he did. And what reason he has is now to be determined.

Thanks Debs for the video.
Ron rescued Misty on that distance problem before she sank the boat.

It seems in this video that she is a puppet for Ron. He is in control of the situation and doesn't leave her get off target at all. She really has it down. Here's the script:
1. I put her to bed at 8 pm cause that's her bedtime, she has school.
2. we were sleeping
3. the door was wide open

. er...I think.....er....Our daughter is gone....

To Ron she meets him at the door and says, I was sleeping, the back door is wide open and your daughter is gone. So she didn't use the "our daughter is gone" with him. She used it though with 911. This shows me she was concerned about appearance and how SHE was portrayed by the outside world. She got nervous about her own name too. She wasn't very prepared to make the call with anything but the main script. She had that down and filled in the blanks when it got rough. The filling in the blanks, is how the story falls apart.

She certainly wanted to make it appear that they were a married couple with a daughter of their own to the public. At no time did she say she was the sitter. Must have been some shame going on there. I wonder how much this plays in the weeks following because she does wind up marrying the man she just moved in with in November....barely three months.

Many say RC would never cover for Misty. I am not sure about that anymore. He married her. That tells me he would stick with Misty, even if he suspected something wasn't right. He has very strange behavior.

He is conflicted. The behavior is not matching the reality when it comes to Misty. Is there something else at work here that we are missing? The extreme mood and behavior,combined with the psychology of binding to the one person who could have been responsible for your beloved daughter is over the top....UNLESS she is not responsible. She appears to be more than willing to do what he says.

The last I heard they were still with AS.

Crystal is starting a fund for Haleigh's school called "HaLeigh's Closet" where you place an order through Staples in Haleigh's name and they send the supplies to her school. Pretty neat, don't you say?

I hear your pain Whisperer LOL. It would be lovely if someone would come out and clear up some simple details for us! But I have to believe at this point in time LE has investigated the issue thoroughly, esp. in light of internet rumors. If they've made statement as recently as last week (per Simon's Radio Show/TJhart, don't know if I can link tho) that so far he was at work, I can't see how he knows what bed they were in if LE's 7:00 timeline still stands. I "assume" he was there at the start of his shift tho since LE knows what time he got there by the ping, we just don't LOL.

I'm sure that this has been discussed and re-discussed to death but I took "his alibi still stands" to mean "that is the alibi he has given and is sticking with." i.e. that alibi still stands as his narrative of that night. Also, don't the pings only tell where his cell phone was with or without him? Or is that not how it works?

I wish there would be some new (and verifiably factual) information in this case. I really do.

I am still not sure of what happened to Haleigh, where it happened, and when it happened. Was she even at home that night?

Just realized I am spilling over to a different thread so I will hush now.

This really isn't about Misty's inconsistencies or Ronald trying to make sense of them for the public. It is about people wanting so badly for one or both of them to be guilty of doing something to Haleigh because they cannot fathom there being another person who could come in and take her. It IS about wanting to call them liars. It IS about wanting them to take the fall for this.

People dislike Ronald viciously because he is "like someone in their past" who abused them or they can "see" what a horrible person he is because of their own misfortune of being around a drug user. I have heard it a hundred times on this thread alone.

When I look at Ronald, I see another man standing there wanting his daughter home and begging for her safe return...Mark Lunsford. I haven't forgotten how people treated him before she was found. It was the same ugliness I see here. It was because he was not well spoken, didn't dress like people thought he should, and he became the instant target of everyone. Class evidently makes all the difference to some people and if they do not have it...they are more likely to be guilty of these crimes. They are "low lifes" and "nobodies". They must have done it because they "got their stories together" because they don't communicate as well as they should in clear, concise sentences. Yes...I have seen it before.

Granted, LE hasn't helped with their constant tirade against Misty. If they are wrong, I hope she sues the hell out of them when this is over. Their comments alone have convicted her in the public.

No matter what people say, I still believe that Ronald and Misty did not do anything to Haleigh. I don't care if they screwed up trying to explain the sleeping arrangements. I don't care that Misty can't go on national television and speak as eloquently as Sarah Palin. What I do care about is finding Haleigh and IMO...no one is going to find her if LE and others don't get off the starting gate and look at what really could have happened. They are so far behind the race at this point...they may as well sit on their hands and wait until hell freezes over for Ronald and Misty to confess.

This really isn't about Misty's inconsistencies or Ronald trying to make sense of them for the public.

It really is. This is the point I have been making all day. It IS about Misty's inconsistencies and Ronald's acceptance of them, endorsement of them, and correction of them until they get their story straight. I have said it repeatedly.

It is about people wanting so badly for one or both of them to be guilty of doing something to Haleigh because they cannot fathom there being another person who could come in and take her. It IS about wanting to call them liars. It IS about wanting them to take the fall for this.
That is a foul view of fellow posters, to be sure, but it is NOT the view of the ones who have posted in this thread. They want to know why these two changed their story in tandem, erroneously at least twice, until settling upon the one story that is now commonplace, with every adamant objection to the possibility that they discussed the inconsistencies at all.

People dislike Ronald viciously because he is "like someone in their past" who abused them or they can "see" what a horrible person he is because of their own misfortune of being around a drug user. I have heard it a hundred times on this thread alone.

I neither like nor dislike Ronald Cummings. I can assure you, for myself, there are a million more people more than ready to state they can identify his ilk immediately. What I know is that Ronald stated that he never asked Misty regarding the inconsistencies of her statements, and it has been more than proven now that he in fact, did. I don't like lies when there is a small child missing. I don't like lies when the stakes aren't as serious. He chose to lie and he will just have to live with the public seeing that for what it was.

When I look at Ronald, I see another man standing there wanting his daughter home and begging for her safe return...Mark Lunsford. I haven't forgotten how people treated him before she was found. It was the same ugliness I see here. It was because he was not well spoken, didn't dress like people thought he should, and he became the instant target of everyone. Class evidently makes all the difference to some people and if they do not have it...they are more likely to be guilty of these crimes. They are "low lifes" and "nobodies". They must have done it because they "got their stories together" because they don't communicate as well as they should in clear, concise sentences. Yes...I have seen it before.
Ronald is no Mark Lunsford. Standing in front of Ronald like an avenging angel will not prevent, nee.....truly hinders getting real answers to real questions. Whisperer and others have been making some outstanding observations, backing them up and laying them out for us all to see. No one is attacking. The systemic approach is to point out the impossibility of some things, the improbability of others, and the wonderment of why still more wasn't asked. That is all I have seen. No one is villifying Ronald here; not on the point of inconsistencies. It has been proven that he took forward the inconsistencies, and then changed his story. The question is legitimate to ask "why is that?"

Granted, LE hasn't helped with their constant tirade against Misty. If they are wrong, I hope she sues the hell out of them when this is over. Their comments alone have convicted her in the public.
The last I heard about Misty from LE is that she is the key. Is there more that I haven't heard or read about that you may be privy to?

No matter what people say, I still believe that Ronald and Misty did not do anything to Haleigh. I don't care if they screwed up trying to explain the sleeping arrangements. I don't care that Misty can't go on national television and speak as eloquently as Sarah Palin.
Personally I wouldn't have used SP as an eloquent speaker, but regardless.....I have not yet said that Misty or Ronald has done something to Haleigh. I said, and continue to assert my position, that their statements are inconsistent with what we can ascertain from what we know. It isn't about speaking eloquently. Let me remind you of David Smith, who was no great orator at all. He spoke plainly, he spoke often, he spoke emotionally about the horrific events surrounding the disappearance of his sons. He was no Mark Twain. He had no silver tongue. He stumbled. He was subjected to questioning, polygraphs, public scrutiny. He never ever got the situation wrong. He never changed his story. Mark Lunsford didn't, either. In fact, he endured public scrutiny for less than a month before Jessica was found. Whatever may have happened here, LE was satisfied they had the right person behind bars when they arrested Couey. I don't understand the continued comparison between Mark Lunsford and Ronald Cummings. I assure you, I see no comparison at all.

What I do care about is finding Haleigh and IMO...no one is going to find her if LE and others don't get off the starting gate and look at what really could have happened. They are so far behind the race at this point...they may as well sit on their hands and wait until hell freezes over for Ronald and Misty to confess.
The starting gate is oftentimes the place where it all happens. I was at a horse race this past week, and two horses hit one another exiting the gate. They have still to work out what exactly happened, but the starting gate is where they remain. "Could have happened" is not the same as "most likely happened" and I for one would prefer to keep it simple and look at what most likely happened. I have seen what "could" have happened. I have just seen no substantive proof that it DID happen, and remain left with what most likely happened.

No one has vilified Ronald here?! I beg to differ. Anything that can be brought up time and time against him has been. Now the sticking point is simply that he had the stories wrong from Misty and chose to correct them. This guy is never going to catch a break with people because of their pre-judgement about him, imo.

He cooperated fully with LE until he hired an attorney to help him navigate the mud slinging from Crystal et al and that attorney probably advised him to stay out of the public eye and also to watch his back with LE since KP and her posse were out to pin this on him (which was good advice, imo). He begged on national television for his daughter's return. He tried his best to keep this focused on Haleigh. He took the high road when it came to Crystal and tried not to disparage the mother of his children publically. He laid his heart out for the world to see as he cried for his missing child. And people only want to crucify him because they don't know what he told LE?! They don't have a clue what time he went to work that day? They feel a need to go over every sentence and word when LE already has gone over and over his statements?

We have put up link after link where LE states they are satisfied with Ronald's statements. If LE says they are satisfied...we should be since we are not privy to anything he said. They hopefully investigated what he told them before they made such a statement.

No one has vilified Ronald here?! I beg to differ. Anything that can be brought up time and time against him has been. Now the sticking point is simply that he had the stories wrong from Misty and chose to correct them. This guy is never going to catch a break with people because of their pre-judgement about him, imo.

How can he correct a story when his alibi states he was at work? He cannot have any knowledge of the circumstances, the layout, the sleeping arrangements except for what Misty has told him, in order for him to make any corrections at all. Period. If he is correcting HER, I want to know why he is, and what does he know.

He cooperated fully with LE until he hired an attorney to help him navigate the mud slinging from Crystal et al and that attorney probably advised him to stay out of the public eye and also to watch his back with LE since KP and her posse were out to pin this on him (which was good advice, imo).

He did not have a lawyer in these first few days when the inconsistencies arose which I have been repeatedly referencing. His lawyer wasn't on the scene for quite some time afterward. Staying out of the public eye has nothing to do with the inconsistencies, either, other than that we have no more soundbites to say "uh, dude, that doesn't add up with what you said before."

He begged on national television for his daughter's return. He tried his best to keep this focused on Haleigh. He took the high road when it came to Crystal and tried not to disparage the mother of his children publically.
".........the judge heard her wah wah story again......." 'nuf said for me about taking the high road.

He laid his heart out for the world to see as he cried for his missing child. And people only want to crucify him because they don't know what he told LE?! They don't have a clue what time he went to work that day? They feel a need to go over every sentence and word when LE already has gone over and over his statements?

He isn't Jesus, and he isn't being crucified. He is being questioned regarding things that do not fit. I don't care what he told LE. I care about the statements he made in public that are inconsistent. I have every assurance that LE has done an investigation; this is a sleuthing website. We go over every second of every timeline. We look at alibis. We examine words, sentences, nuances, etc etc etc. We have done it in case after case. It is the essence of this website to look into those things which pique the interest of the reader. Ronald's inconsistencies in this instance have not only piqued mine, but have definitely been proven to be inconsistencies. At that point, I get to ask "why did he state he never discussed the inconsistencies when facts demonstrate that not only did they discuss them, they changed their stories several times."

We have put up link after link where LE states they are satisfied with Ronald's statements. If LE says they are satisfied...we should be since we are not privy to anything he said. They hopefully investigated what he told them before they made such a statement.

LE has stated repeatedly that they are satisfied that Ronald told them his work hours. I have never EVER heard them state they are satisfied that he told the truth about them. That is a huge difference in how we understand "satisfied" in this context. I am not asking to be privy to anything LE knows. I am basing my opinion on public statements made by pertinent people in this case. Ronald was inconsistent with his story, just as Misty was inconsistent with hers, until they had a discussion which evolved into a common story.

I make no assertions to the reasoning for that. I assert my right to ask why they were both insistent on their inconsistencies until the story changed, and then were insistent upon THAT story, until the story changed again.

How can he correct a story when his alibi states he was at work? He cannot have any knowledge of the circumstances, the layout, the sleeping arrangements except for what Misty has told him, in order for him to make any corrections at all. Period. If he is correcting HER, I want to know why he is, and what does he know.
One would assume she told him intitially what happened while scared and confused. Maybe she wasn't clear with him at the time. Imo, this is why he made the statement about the bed because he misunderstood her. He only corrected her in referencing the distance of the small bad from the larger one. I explained how this could have been mispoken easily by Misty. I don't think he is covering up for her at all or making anything up.

He did not have a lawyer in these first few days when the inconsistencies arose which I have been repeatedly referencing. His lawyer wasn't on the scene for quite some time afterward. Staying out of the public eye has nothing to do with the inconsistencies, either, other than that we have no more soundbites to say "uh, dude, that doesn't add up with what you said before."
The reason I put in the part about the lawyer is because I knew people would scream about him not being cooperative after he was hired. You are right the inconsistencies came up in the first few days because that is what happens when people go in front of cameras and are not used to the scrutiny. They say things out of nervousness and intimidation because they are concentrating on thousands of people, cameras in their face, and the stress of the entire situation. I know of many innocent people who have screwed up on television in the first days of their child going missing and while it looked bad...there was nothing to it at all. I will have to go check again, but if I recall...there was speculation about Mark Lunsford and a few things he said early on. (By the way, he is like Ronald in many ways and so is this case. His treatment from the public was not as severe, but it got pretty ugly.)

".........the judge heard her wah wah story again......." 'nuf said for me about taking the high road.
OMG! If that is the worst thing he said about her after she called him an abusive, drug dealing snitch on national television with the rest of it...then I would say it was DEFINITELY him taking the high road. He could have brought up her drug charge for coke, her mother's arrests for maintaining a drug dwelling, and her father's charges along with it. He could also have discussed her not getting up to take her child to the doctor...and the list goes on and on. He chose not to do that even after what she did to not only him, but to Rj!! I would say he did take the very high road in opposition to the snake's belly highway she went down.

He isn't Jesus, and he isn't being crucified. He is being questioned regarding things that do not fit. I don't care what he told LE. I care about the statements he made in public that are inconsistent. I have every assurance that LE has done an investigation; this is a sleuthing website. We go over every second of every timeline. We look at alibis. We examine words, sentences, nuances, etc etc etc. We have done it in case after case. It is the essence of this website to look into those things which pique the interest of the reader. Ronald's inconsistencies in this instance have not only piqued mine, but have definitely been proven to be inconsistencies. At that point, I get to ask "why did he state he never discussed the inconsistencies when facts demonstrate that not only did they discuss them, they changed their stories several times."
I honestly believe if people could tie him to a cross and stick nails in him...they would do it! Look at how he has been characterized and battered with not one ounce of proof! People do not care if he is innocent. This isn't about finding out where Haleigh is...it is about attacking his father pure and simple. It continues day in and day out regardless of what LE has said and regardless of what the timeline shows that he was indeed at work for those 8 hours in question.

I don't need a refresher course on WS and how to sleuth a case. I live here. I know exactly how we go about working a case and what it takes to solve one. However, I also know that beating a dead horse isn't going to make it get up and dance. I don't recall seeing you on other cases here besides Caylee's, but I could be mistaken. I can assure you that I have been around long enough to know the importance of the small things, but I also know you have to be able to see the bigger picture.

LE has stated repeatedly that they are satisfied that Ronald told them his work hours. I have never EVER heard them state they are satisfied that he told the truth about them. That is a huge difference in how we understand "satisfied" in this context. I am not asking to be privy to anything LE knows. I am basing my opinion on public statements made by pertinent people in this case. Ronald was inconsistent with his story, just as Misty was inconsistent with hers, until they had a discussion which evolved into a common story.
I hope no one holds their breath for that statement to come out. For LE to even say they were satisfied was a huge commentary coming from them. IMO, they meant what they said and there is no reason to believe they were not *satisfied.

*Satisfy:

1 a: to carry out the terms of (as a contract) : discharge b: to meet a financial obligation to
2: to make reparation to (an injured party) : indemnify
3 a: to make happy : please b: to gratify to the full : appease
4 a: convince b: to put an end to (doubt or uncertainty) : dispel
5 a: to conform to (as specifications) : be adequate to (an end in view) b: to make true by fulfilling a condition <values that satisfy an equation> <satisfy a hypothesis>
intransitive verb
: to be adequate : suffice ; also : please

http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/satisfied

I make no assertions to the reasoning for that. I assert my right to ask why they were both insistent on their inconsistencies until the story changed, and then were insistent upon THAT story, until the story changed again.
Good luck nit picking those things while I move on to finding out what really happened to Haleigh and who took her. I want her to come home and for her to have a family to come back to when this is all over. She deserves better than people destroying them when they do not have one shred of evidence against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668