Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think GGS should have come out with a shotgun and put an end to the fight. It was her property and they were trespassing.

The Croslins should be charged accordingly. Ronald was provoked and it does not show that he is a violent person. It shows he is going to take up for his wife against her family or anyone else...as it should be. Hank Jr deserved what he got in terms of getting his @ss beaten. Hank Sr won't even sign a complaint, but if he held Ronald and allowed Hank Jr to beat Ronald...I think it is a serious matter.

Ronald being the only one arrested is garbage, imo. I will look forward to what the SA has to say about it. The charges are quite trumped up and the offending parties are not even charged. GGS asked to file against them and was refused. WTH? The people came onto her property uninvited and started a fight. Granted, Ronald should not have allowed Hank Jr to get to him...but the Croslins had no business being there in the first place.

If they felt Misty was in any kind of danger, they would have called 911. This tells me that Misty did not lie and there was another reason for them to show up uninvited. She sure didn't look like a battered wife to me walking out with her husband. Frankly, it is the best I have seen her look. She has put on a little weight and looks much healthier.

I was uncertain about PCSO before...I am not now. I questioned their professionalism long before this fiasco. They need to be removed from Haleigh's case and it should be taken over by another agency entirely.

Did Ronald, Misty or GGM call 911.... if not, the big question is WHY NOT??? I mean if someone just came to my house and kicked my *advertiser censored**, i would be on the phone. MOO

Nope, they sure didn't also Granny is "debating" pressing charges. What's to debate in her eyes? Especially if she feels her grandson was so unjustifiably arrested?

It sounds like LE met the Croslins at a convenience store, so am I to understand that the fight actually broke up and the Croslins left and called 911 to come out then?

Does everyone realize that the burglary charge probably happened because of GGM's statement?

<snipped from police report>

After speaking with Misty I spoke with Ronald's grandmother Annette Sykes. Annette stated that she was in bed and heard a racket outside of her house....<snip>
She said that Hank Jr was in the van and Ronald reached in again after him to continue the altercation.

Nope, they sure didn't also Granny is "debating" pressing charges. What's to debate in her eyes? Especially if she feels her grandson was so unjustifiably arrested?

She wasn't assaulted and the state is not going to charge them with trespassing. GM is a witness. Period.

Sykes tells Action News she doesn't know why Hank Croslin Sr., Hank Croslin Jr. and Lisa Croslin came over to her home after Ronald got in a fight with Croslin Jr. earlier in the day. She says the men fought several times in her front yard and tried to get Misty, Ronald&#8217;s wife, to go home with them. Sykes says Ronald went into her home, came out, and punched Croslin Jr. to keep him from taking Misty away. She says the Croslins left and minutes later Putnam County Sheriff&#8217;s deputies showed up and arrested Ronald.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...d-Cummings-arrest/mLXK584190mQsmKIOzg82g.cspx

Does everyone realize that the burglary charge probably happened because of GGM's statement?

<snipped from police report>

After speaking with Misty I spoke with Ronald's grandmother Annette Sykes. Annette stated that she was in bed and heard a racket outside of her house....<snip>
She said that Hank Jr was in the van and Ronald reached in again after him to continue the altercation.

They all said it. The three Croslins, Misty and GM said he came back out and attacked them in the car.

I would think all the people who are supportive of Ron would hope that this results in some intervention for Ron. Anger management and impulse control would only serve to make him a better father... and he does have a child to raise.

They all said it. The three Croslins, Misty and GM said he came back out and attacked them in the car.

I would think all the people who are supportive of Ron would hope that this results in some intervention for Ron. Anger management and impulse control would only serve to make him a better father... and he does have a child to raise.

:clap::clap:

Has anyone spotted the photographs of Hank Jr, on the PCSO website based on what is written in the media link re: police report?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=142937&catid=3

"Photographs were taken of Ronald Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr's injuries. The photographs have been uploaded onto the PCSO website for further review."
---------
After viewing the arrest photo of Ron and the slide photos of Misty and Sykes going into the police station and the photos of Ron and Misty leaving the station after bond was posted, there are no visible signs of injury to Ron's face. Maybe his knuckles are busted up again. His hands aren't shown.

2-4 am would actually be in the early morning hours, hence the AM.

I want to know why it took so long for the Croslins to call LE. If the incident happened before 11, he wasn't arrested till 1.

one of the links said around midnight and by one was booked into jail but was picked up earlier heck I don't even know anymore

That humming noise you hear is me thinking - Hmmm, Ron lasted a lot longer than I thought he would when it comes to getting into another fight or doing something that would bring the cops running.
Although he's the father of a missing little girl, it's difficult for me to have much sympathy for him. His temper flairs too easily.
If Misty's family was there to rescue her, I want to know why. Is the honeymoon over?

yes, the police report states the Croslin's called 911 from a kangaroo gas station in Welaka.

Can you please direct me to where Misty says this. IIRC, Misty is the only one who never stated this.

Sykes tells Action News she doesn't know why Hank Croslin Sr., Hank Croslin Jr. and Lisa Croslin came over to her home after Ronald got in a fight with Croslin Jr. earlier in the day. She says the men fought several times in her front yard and tried to get Misty, Ronald’s wife, to go home with them. Sykes says Ronald went into her home, came out, and punched Croslin Jr. to keep him from taking Misty away. She says the Croslins left and minutes later Putnam County Sheriff’s deputies showed up and arrested Ronald.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...d-Cummings-arrest/mLXK584190mQsmKIOzg82g.cspx
Sure sounds like he was defending his wife to me.

---
Ron actually is accused of not only striking Hank Jr. through the window he also entered the van:

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ted_for_burglary_battery_involving_brother_in

“He said that Ronald came out and began "swinging on him". He said that he was hit in the head and neck several times. He said that after they got in their physical altercation, he entered his vehicle in an attempt to drive away and Ronald entered the vehicle on the passenger side and began striking him again”

I have always associated burglary with stealing, I guess I associated it wrong. The definition by a previous poster explained it for me. It is all about entering a house, car or whatever to commit an offense. I hope I said that right. Learning moment for me anyway. I guess I'm not too old to learn after all.

have you read ALL the statements or is that just a gut feeling? Just asking I read them all and as far as I can tell Misty was never threatened from the reports on file or even the insinuation of a threat to her

You know I wonder if both versions of the calls are true. The brother new there was drama and had been calling and calling. Misty calls and says I am out of here come get me, has a change of heart calls and says don't come, but they are already on their way/went anyway (I would have).

This may become one of those situations where the record of telephone calls will indicate what really happened.............

That humming noise you hear is me thinking - Hmmm, Ron lasted a lot longer than I thought he would when it comes to getting into another fight or doing something that would bring the cops running.
Although he's the father of a missing little girl, it's difficult for me to have much sympathy for him. His temper flairs too easily.
If Misty's family was there to rescue her, I want to know why. Is the honeymoon over?

--
I can hear the humming from here. I believe that Ron has way too much time on his hands and maybe he got a payment from the child support payoff and maybe he was acting "crazed" for a reason. JMO.

This was said to a news reporter, NOT to law enforcement. Why is the first mention of this from Sykes to the media the morning after instead of that same night. No where in the news report did I see any mention from Misty, GGMS, or even Ron that they were trying to take Misty away?

The closest mention was from the Croslins stating that she called to be picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member