Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Ronald's statement he stated that three people Hank Croslin Jr, Sr and Lisa Croslin showed up at his grandma's house after they were told not to come there by his wife Misty Cummings. He said that Hank Jr and Sr got out of the van and approached in an "aggressive" manner. He said that he asked Hank Jr to get out of his face and he then came closer. He thought he was going to hit him so he pushed him out of the way. He said that Hank Jr then hit him after Ronald pushed him and the physical altercation began. He said that Hank Sr then entered the fight and held him while Hank Jr hit him. Ronald completed a sworn written statement in reference to the incident and also signed charging affidavits against Hank Croslin Jr and Sr for battery.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ted_for_burglary_battery_involving_brother_in BBM

How is this not provoking Ronald? He had a right to stand up for himself and his wife. They CHOSE to come onto GGS' property and start a fight. He didn't have time to call 911 at that moment. Granted, he should have stepped back and called them...but how do you do that when someone is threatening you? I am guessing he didn't have a phone handy. GGS should have called, too. Maybe she didn't because of Misty and it being her family.

I heard they had been there earlier, and I can't back that up with a link. It's was told to me by someone else who lives down there.

So now we make claims based upon supposed friends/associates/contacts that supposedly live down there??? GMAB!!
*I've also had numerous posts edited & deleted with at least more credibility then that . . . JMO

So now we make claims based upon supposed friends/associates/contacts that supposedly live down there??? GMAB!!
*I've also had numerous posts edited & deleted with at least more credibility then that . . . JMO

The link was already posted that they fought earlier.

It's been a long day already, but in Sykes' statement doesn't she say she got Ron inside, away from the Croslins, and then Ron went back outside and assaulted Hank Jr?

Maybe I'm making this up.....

In Ronald's statement he stated that three people Hank Croslin Jr, Sr and Lisa Croslin showed up at his grandma's house after they were told not to come there by his wife Misty Cummings. He said that Hank Jr and Sr got out of the van and approached in an "aggressive" manner. He said that he asked Hank Jr to get out of his face and he then came closer. He thought he was going to hit him so he pushed him out of the way. He said that Hank Jr then hit him after Ronald pushed him and the physical altercation began. He said that Hank Sr then entered the fight and held him while Hank Jr hit him. Ronald completed a sworn written statement in reference to the incident and also signed charging affidavits against Hank Croslin Jr and Sr for battery.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ted_for_burglary_battery_involving_brother_in BBM

How is this not provoking Ronald? He had a right to stand up for himself and his wife. They CHOSE to come onto GGS' property and start a fight. He didn't have time to call 911 at that moment. Granted, he should have stepped back and called them...but how do you do that when someone is threatening you? I am guessing he didn't have a phone handy. GGS should have called, too. Maybe she didn't because of Misty and it being her family.

Well SS it seems, according to AS's own words, at one point Ronald went back into the home - at which time he could have placed a call to LE but he didn't, instead HE WENT BACK OUT AGAIN - He sure does have a difficult time locating telephones in emergencies . . . JMO

She made no "claim" it was true. She specified it was only what she heard which means she clarified it to be a rumor at this point. Since it was reported there was an earlier fight between the two men...I think it is reasonable to question if they were fighting over the phone or in person.

I thought it had been raining in and around that area the past couple of days? Maybe it was a little cooler this morning.

Misty has a habit of wearing jackets and long sleeved shirts. My guess is that she is cold much of the time. When a person is very skinny, the body doesn't retain heat well and even in the summer you can feel cooler than most people. I used to get chilled all the time. (I long for those days now after hot flashes! LOL)

We need to remember that previous Misty "sightings" were in winter, and in many of them she was wearing t-shirts and even sleeveless tops. However, FWIW.....It was after 1 pm Florida time when this picture was taken, not morning, and the temperature according to this site is current temperature at 83 with heat index of 85. Not hot by Florida standards, but certainly not what anyone would describe as cool.
http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Satsuma.html

Say what? I was just saying I had heard about them being their earlier which was stated in a news release by someone local. This local person told me the truth about went down last night before it ever hit the press as to what happened and that's reflected in my posts last night. Take it for what it's worth or not, I don't care.

It's been a long day already, but in Sykes' statement doesn't she say she got Ron inside, away from the Croslins, and then Ron went back outside and assaulted Hank Jr?

Maybe I'm making this up.....

Didn't it also say to keep the Croslins from taking Misty?

I heard they had been there earlier, and I can't back that up with a link. It's was told to me by someone else who lives down there.

as Judge judy says....that's hearsay, you can't tell me what other people say or said...LOL I luv that woman.... but if it's true why didn't they call 911 right away... as soon as the Croslins pull in the driveway..:confused:

Well SS it seems, according to AS's own words, at one point Ronald went back into the home - at which time he could have placed a call to LE but he didn't, instead HE WENT BACK OUT AGAIN - He sure does have a difficult time locating telephones in emergencies . . . JMO
I think this one is going to battled out in court and the Croslins are going to lose when the court hears how this all went down. I expect arrests for their actions.

I just feel ashamed at this talk that Ron is right again. I am sure Misty called, I am sure they came because she was distraught, I'm sure Ron convinced Misty it was a bad idea under his manly voice.
I have been here all too many times. I remember calling my friends to come get me because I had just had the s**t beat out of me. I would leave then he would shoew up and start telling me how sorry he was, it would never happen again and beg me to come home. My self esteem was so low I would believe him and go back, things would be fine for a few weeks and he would be doing it again. Once when I tried to move out and was staying with friends he showed up at 12:00am banging on the door threating to hurt my friends for helping me I could never get away from him he always found me. I was Misty's age 16 when I got with him and finally got the nerve to leave 6 months before my 19th birthday.
People could never understand why I would go back or stay. When you are put down all the time to where you have no self esteem you do not feel like you deserve better or this is the best you'll get because they tell you that on a regular basis. He also would always tell me that he would hunt me down and kill me if I left.

Ron had the option of staying in the house when the Croslin's arrive, and while in the house pick up a telephone and call 911 and let the police come out to the house and deal with the issue.

Even if Misty's brother was approaching Ron in an aggressive manner, Ron was the one that put his hands on Misty's brother first.

When someone approaches another person in an aggressive manner, the other person has the option to walk away.

I have a question with regards to the bail. Since Misty is under the age of 18, can she legally sign a contract to bail someone out of jail?

I just feel ashamed at this talk that Ron is right again. I am sure Misty called, I am sure they came because she was distraught, I'm sure Ron convinced Misty it was a bad idea under his manly voice.
I have been here all too many times. I remember calling my friends to come get me because I had just had the s**t beat out of me. I would leave then he would shoew up and start telling me how sorry he was, it would never happen again and beg me to come home. My self esteem was so low I would believe him and go back, things would be fine for a few weeks and he would be doing it again. Once when I tried to move out and was staying with friends he showed up at 12:00am banging on the door threating to hurt my friends for helping me I could never get away from him he always found me. I was Misty's age 16 when I got with him and finally got the nerve to leave 6 months before my 19th birthday.
People could never understand why I would go back or stay. When you are put down all the time to where you have no self esteem you do not feel like you deserve better or this is the best you'll get because they tell you that on a regular basis. He also would always tell me that he would hunt me down and kill me if I left.

(((Hugs)))) :blowkiss:

Let's face it, there are two sides to this story. One thing seems clear - the Croslins show up at GGM's house close to 11pm. Two males. A fight happened. Those are FACTS.

Is there some reason Misty's dad could not pick up Misty by himself (if it is even TRUE that Misty called him "hysterical and crying" earlier in the day?) AND, if Misty REALLY called hysterical earlier in the day, why wait until 11pm to pick her up? Why bring the whole family to get her? Seemed like the "whole gang" arrived.

There are conflicting stories at this point.

We do not know which story is correct, however BOTH sides of the family has now filed complaints.

If it is true that the Croslins were asked to leave by the property owner, GGM, the Croslins were trespassing, IMO. They should have left immediately.

It will be interesting to see what the SA's office does when ALL the information is received from ALL the parties.

Mike G is going to be covering Haleigh on HLN shortly

I have a question with regards to the bail. Since Misty is under the age of 18, can she legally sign a contract to bail someone out of jail?

hmmm I don't know, somethings we need to look into, but RC grandma was there too

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe she doesn't have access to any money at all or maybe GMS put up the bond. But she is underage to sign agreements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member