Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That bond is sent awfully high. I read that you can be charged up to 30 years in state prison, and it is a first degree felony. I wonder what the statics are of actually being placed in prison for that amount of time, on that charge.

I guess we are going to have to wait and see what else happened. I am glad to see that HC name is back out there.

I can't believe how blood-thirsty everyone is against Ron. Seems like a lot of folks here want to see him arrested and thrown in jail, reguardless of the fact he may innocent. He may be just a man defending his wife, does that make him a bad guy?

I wonder if Tommy Croslin was arrested too? Grandma says that he hit RC so they ended up fighting. Shouldn't they both have been arrested then?

here in Tn, when you get in a fight the first person that presses charges the other one gets arrested

you have so many days to press charges
so, i know if i ever get in a fight to run to the police station to press charges before the other person does

i dont see that happening anytime soon almost 40 and never been in a fist fight, unless you count fighting with my 4 older sisters lol

Hang on for the ride....all excuses and explanations will be had by morning. We will likely hear:

1. grieving parent..give him a break
2. he didn't do anything
3 LE has made an error
4. LE is picking on him
5. It is just a simple battery
6. He didn't hurt anyone
7. He didn't commit a technical burglary
8. The complainant was drunk
9. LE just wants to show the public they are doing something
.......and to be thrown in later, Crystal caused all this

There will be people who give excuses and your post proves there will be people to rub the arrest in, then there will be people like myself who don't want to read excuses or "rubbing it in" , just the facts. Furthermore, it sounds as if there was a spat between Ronald and Misty and big brother got in the middle of it. None of the reports I have read are stop the press, bombshells, it sounds like business as usual in Satsuma and I just hope and pray the spat MIGHT lead to new facts coming out or anything that we could glean more info from....

The Croslin's did not enter her home, car, or dwelling.
It is only trespassing if you don't leave when requested or if it is posted.

The assault part sounds mutual though?

It appears as if he was attempting to leave at the time, if he got into his car to go. Do we know that the assault charges stem from what happened to the brother, or could they be for what had happened to MISTY previously that caused her family to come to rescue her?

I don't for a minute believe that TC is doing this to get his 15 minutes of fame, as someone has accused him here! He could have gotten HOURS of fame before now by talking to the media at any time over the last 6 months and he has completely kept his mouth shut. Now would be a good time for him to spill what he knows, MISTY too, and the rest of the family. Enough already, such a precious child needs someone to speak up for her.

I think it's possible there's other explanations as well. I just have never trusted the Croslin's. I wonder how they felt when Misty went on TV and accused their kin and stuck by RC. Maybe they know more about Cousin Joe than we think. I know this can be turned around on RC as well...just IMO

I don't trust any of the people that seem involved in this case. I have no regard for the Croslin family. I wonder about a family thats daughter is married at 17 after living with her adult boyfriend for some time, playing "mommy" to his children. Misty should have been planning her graduation this year and prom and all the things that healthy teenage girls from healthy homes enjoy at 17, but instead she's holed up with her new hubby. I can only imagine Misty's home life before Ron.

But again, I frankly get ill at the thought of every last one of these people. Haleigh really had an assortment of people around her that don't seem to know the first thing about normal. Ron and Crystal act like children when they most need to act like adults. Misty is useless. Grandparents don't seem to have a clue about anything and the variety of sideshow freaks who have become secondary characters in this story goes beyond the boundaries of ridiculous.

How many more times will we hear about drugs, sex or violence when Haleigh's family is mentioned? Sad Sad Sad.

Maybe Ron would have been smart to help them get Misty into the van :mad:

It seems to me both men should have been arrested too. If the brother hit Ron and then Ron hit him. It's hard to believe that if you stick your arm into someone's vehicle it is called burglery. I've never heard of such a thing. Glad that isn't the law here. I'm really curious as to what brought this family over to grannys. They gave their permission for Misty to marry Ron. They must have thought he was alright then. I can't imagine that family getting to upset about anything going on with their kids. They seem pretty lax to me.

The family IMO wouldn't just show up at her door and try to get MC to run away unless there was something going on. MC apparently didn't agree with the family or she would have gotten in and left. We don't hear anything about how things are going for this couple and we don't know what is going on. I just think that there was something the family heard or saw that they made this move. I also think that if they came on her property and started a fight, there would be trespassing charges, alone with other charges, if he (Croslin? brother or father) threw the first punch.

It is very common for abused females to want to stay with their abusers.

And I agree, something is definitely up.

It appears as if he was attempting to leave at the time, if he got into his car to go. Do we know that the assault charges stem from what happened to the brother, or could they be for what had happened to MISTY previously that caused her family to come to rescue her?

I don't for a minute believe that TC is doing this to get his 15 minutes of fame, as someone has accused him here! He could have gotten HOURS of fame before now by talking to the media at any time over the last 6 months and he has completely kept his mouth shut. Now would be a good time for him to spill what he knows, MISTY too, and the rest of the family. Enough already, such a precious child needs someone to speak up for her.

BBM1: OR he was getting back out to go after RC

BBM2: I keep asking myself... Misty's family didn't go rescuing her when she was running the streets at 13 living with relatives on her own, etc.. Fending for herself. On the face of that.... Why would they care "so much" now? What would make Misty important to them now that they'd do something drastic in contrast to what they had done for years. Which appears like nothing? I have a hard time thinking they cared enough to worry about Misty being with Big Bad RC.. Just my opinion tho

Isn't it possible Misty called brother for some help after yet another ugly fight with Ron and they all decided to come get her, only by the time family arrived she had changed her mind. I am not too sure that the Croslins weren't coming at Misty's request.

Sounds very likely.

Just as abused women will call the cops, only to try to turn them away once they show up.

Still trying to understand this here....could someone tell me who's property they were on?

it appears as if he was attempting to leave at the time, if he got into his car to go. Do we know that the assault charges stem from what happened to the brother, or could they be for what had happened to misty previously that caused her family to come to rescue her?

I don't for a minute believe that tc is doing this to get his 15 minutes of fame, as someone has accused him here! He could have gotten hours of fame before now by talking to the media at any time over the last 6 months and he has completely kept his mouth shut. Now would be a good time for him to spill what he knows, misty too, and the rest of the family. Enough already, such a precious child needs someone to speak up for her.

amen!

I can't believe how blood-thirsty everyone is against Ron. Seems like a lot of folks here want to see him arrested and thrown in jail, reguardless of the fact he may innocent. He may be just a man defending his wife, does that make him a bad guy?

Uh. He WAS arrested and thrown in jail. No one here on this board had anything to do with his actions which caused his arrest. I have seen no one rooting for anything more than hope that perhaps something can be gleaned from THIS arrest which will help find Haleigh. And THAT was from someone who one could say is a staunch Ronald supporter. That's all that anyone wants, I believe.

And yes, if he starts throwing punches into someone's face, it makes him a bad guy. "Use your words, not your fists" is what I taught my children. Hitting is wrong, no matter the circumstances. Obviously the law agrees with that, ,or he wouldn't be warming a metal bench in PCSO's jail right now.

First of all, everything that we think we "know" about Misty's previous life on her own or with her family is rumor and hearsay. There have been no official DCF or other reports posted about what her life was like, at least that I have seen. The fact that her mother filed the charges on the offender who is in jail certainly shows some concern for her, and the fact that her sister in laws spoke in her behalf early on says to me that they care about her. She had a good relationship with her brother's families if she spent time with them and cared for their children, it would seem. She went back home to "rest" with her familiy right after Haleigh went missing. It seems that none of these young people had any thing resembling a normal and loving home life as kids, but Misty's doesn't seem much worse than that of RC or CS. While posters here, including me, can't fathom or relate to that lifestyle, it seems the norm for this group of people.

They run a close second to the Sheffield/Griffis' clan, imo. Then again...Maybe I should wait until Hank Jr goes on his media blitz before I say that.

IMO or the only thing in commom between Sheffield/Griffis' clan and Croslins is let me see....ummmm Ronny.....so while neither clan gets family of the year, RC is no Rhodes Scholar for bonding with either......just another example of his poor judgment and appetite for younger women.....oh and again he is the victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero