Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Tommy Croslin was arrested too? Grandma says that he hit RC so they ended up fighting. Shouldn't they both have been arrested then?

I wonder how RC is going to talk his way out of this one? Maybe just maybe this is a break that LE needed??????

Unless the brother has injuries it seems like a he said/he said issue.

Makes me wonder if there is something the police are suspecting with Ron.
Or if he was just so beligerent and verbally abusive when they arrived that he got himself arrested (same way he acted when they arrived the original night). Seems to me unless there are injuries they could have found a way to not arrest if they chose too.

Why was the whole family trying to gather Misty up?
Did Grandma call and say they were fighting?
Did Misty tell them something was going on that the entire family thought she needed protection from?

Re: bolded quote above...I wonder why the whole family would just show up at 10:45PM to come get Misty. Something seems to have preceeded the altercation.

This really stood out to me also NOELL91176. The time being so late as well as it being the whole family trying to get her away. Something more was going on.

Also from the article:
"Sgt. Stacey Dowling of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Cummings was charged with burglary because he went into the vehicle without permission."
This seems like a pretty trumped up charge to me. I can see attempted assault or something, but burglary seems like overkill based on the situation as presented in the article. Again makes me think something else was going on. Can't wait to hear the whole story because there has got to be more to it than this. I just hope somehow it has something to do with Haleigh being found.

I wonder if Tommy Croslin was arrested too? Grandma says that he hit RC so they ended up fighting. Shouldn't they both have been arrested then?

Noelle ITA

i would have thought that TC would have been arrested as he was on Skyes property, first of all. Or both of them arrested. There must be more to the story, that is what i am thinking.

Noelle ITA

i would have thought that TC would have been arrested as he was on Skyes property, first of all. Or both of them arrested. There must be more to the story, that is what i am thinking.

The Croslin's did not enter her home, car, or dwelling.
It is only trespassing if you don't leave when requested or if it is posted.

The assault part sounds mutual though?

This really stood out to me also NOELL91176. The time being so late as well as it being the whole family trying to get her away. Something more was going on.

Also from the article:
"Sgt. Stacey Dowling of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Cummings was charged with burglary because he went into the vehicle without permission."
This seems like a pretty trumped up charge to me. I can see attempted assault or something, but burglary seems like overkill based on the situation as presented in the article. Again makes me think something else was going on. Can't wait to hear the whole story because there has got to be more to it than this. I just hope somehow it has something to do with Haleigh being found.

ITA! You don't hear that charge all that often, especially in this context. I really hope this is indicative of something bigger in the works from LE.

The family IMO wouldn't just show up at her door and try to get MC to run away unless there was something going on. MC apparently didn't agree with the family or she would have gotten in and left. We don't hear anything about how things are going for this couple and we don't know what is going on. I just think that there was something the family heard or saw that they made this move. I also think that if they came on her property and started a fight, there would be trespassing charges, alone with other charges, if he (Croslin? brother or father) threw the first punch.

Perhaps Granny Sykes was not being truthful.

wouldn't surprise me in the least. In fact, any attempt at honesty from this cast of clowns would be shocking at this point.

At the very least this event will put Haleigh back on the news. Her story needs the publicity.

WHAT IS A BURGLARY?
One of the most common felony charges in the State of Florida is burglary, which has many forms. The basic premise of burglary is the entering of a home (dwelling), office (conveyance), or vehicle (structure) with the intent to commit another crime within without the true owners consent. If the intent to commit a crime within can not be established, the charge of misdemeanor trespass is usually filed.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF BURGLARY CHARGES?

Burglary of a Structure/Conveyance is a third degree felony punishable by up to five (5) years in Florida State Prison. A structure or conveyance is any enclosed structure such as an office, car, warehouse, school, etc.. In other words, for purposes of this offense it can be anything that is not considered a dwelling (where people reside).
If someone you know has been arrested for Burglary, ontat our office for 24 Hour Broward Bail release information at 954-767-4744.
Burglary of a Dwelling is a second degree felony punishable by up to Fifteen (15) years in Florida State Prison. Usually but not always this offense also has additional charges of Theft/Grand Theft as this is typically the “crime within” and Criminal Mischief as there is often some damage done to anothers property in the process of breaking in.
WHAT IF I ACTUALLY NEVER ENTERED THE HOME?

The offense of Burglary of a Dwelling can and usually will be charged even if a person never enters a persons actual home. Burglary of a Dwelling can also consist of jumping into an enclosed peace of property, called “curtilage” without the consent of the owner with the intent to commit a crime within (i.e.theft).
Burglary with an Assault/Battery/Armed Burglaryare both felonies of the first degree punishable by up to thirty (30) years in Florida State Prison. The latter charge carries a minimum mandatory prison sentence of 10-20 years. If the “crime within” is an assault (threat of imminent harm) or a battery (un-conscented touching), a burglary with assault/battery can and often will be charged by the State Attorneys Office. A common occurrence is where a person is in someones home and a verbal argument ensues. If the alleged victim calls the police and advise them that the person came in without consent and pushed them, the person will most likely be arrested regardless of his side of the story and the State Attorneys Office can file this serious first degree felony subjecting you to 30 years in Florida State Prison.

Yes, pfft. Have to wait until he sees the judge I guess to find out. But if they didn't believe Hank, why would he be booked into jail? Must be something. Hmmm...just have to wait!

Who is Hank? I don't recognise the name.

The family IMO wouldn't just show up at her door and try to get MC to run away unless there was something going on. MC apparently didn't agree with the family or she would have gotten in and left. We don't hear anything about how things are going for this couple and we don't know what is going on. I just think that there was a something the family hear or saw that they made this move. I also think that if they came on her property and started a fight, there would be trespassing charges, alone with other charges, if he (Croslin? brother or father) threw the first punch.

Isn't it possible Misty called brother for some help after yet another ugly fight with Ron and they all decided to come get her, only by the time family arrived she had changed her mind. I am not too sure that the Croslins weren't coming at Misty's request.

The Croslin's did not enter her home, car, or dwelling.
It is only trespassing if you don't leave when requested or if it is posted.

The assault part sounds mutual though?

impatientredhead ITA......

I would have thought that they both would have been arrested, unless like another poster said, there were injuries. But that would have probably been reported? I say this b/c didn't MC father try to say a while ago that RC tried to kill him by making him overdose on some pills, or something to that effect?

I would why the whole family went there in the first place and tried to remove MC from the home....

I don't know if this has anything to do with finding Haleigh, but it does make me question the Croslin family a bit - need to rethink that a little.

Busy that was my first thought this morning. Croslin's slipped off the radar somewhere along the line and have been suspiciously quiet. Cousin Joe is back up on my radar.

The way this thread is titled wonder how many people are gonna click on it thinking it has something to do with what happened to Haleigh.

I did.....1st thing this morning......still on page 2 catching up.

Isn't it possible Misty called brother for some help after yet another ugly fight with Ron and they all decided to come get her, only by the time family arrived she had changed her mind. I am not too sure that the Croslins weren't coming at Misty's request.

I think it's possible there's other explanations as well. I just have never trusted the Croslin's. I wonder how they felt when Misty went on TV and accused their kin and stuck by RC. Maybe they know more about Cousin Joe than we think. I know this can be turned around on RC as well...just IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor