Ron IS NOT a "person of interest" according to sheriff...???...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You will never get all of that because LE doesn't owe us anything. We aren't entitled to all of the answers or any part of the investigation. You will have to wait for your proof of everything you want at trial if there ever is one. Otherwise you will just have to keep wanting proof.

And WHY not? What is LE hiding? I'm not asking for all the answers, just proof beyond a reasonable doubt Ron C isn't involved in what happened to Haleigh and that his family isn't involved in helping him cover up what happened...
As I see it LE has nothing to lose by releasing information that proves he isn't involved if indeed he is not involved...
Let me add... I am fully aware of the fact LE might not owe us anything, but unless LE can prove Ron C and his family aren't involved then I am not believing they are not involved..JMHOOTS

Emeralgem, I see your point about releasing RC's work records. I, too, don't see how that could hurt their case if he wasn't involved. In my opinion, holding back that record only protects him, and maybe TN, GGS, or his other relatives. It certainly doesn't protect Misty, Tommy, Cousin Joe, or any other Croslin or Sheffield. This is what's so puzzling about the whole thing. I mean, why not clear the grieving father and his family right away? :cow: :cow: :cow:

Emeralgem, I see your point about releasing RC's work records. I, too, don't see how that could hurt their case if he wasn't involved. In my opinion, holding back that record only protects him, and maybe TN, GGS, or his other relatives. It certainly doesn't protect Misty, Tommy, Cousin Joe, or any other Croslin or Sheffield. This is what's so puzzling about the whole thing. I mean, why not clear the grieving father and his family right away? :cow: :cow: :cow:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great point. What's the harm in publicly clearing Ron to officially eliminate him and both put the focus firmly on the others and also put them on notice?

You may get an interesting response and reaction. A break in the case.

Well they just put Ronald on blast. That was interesting.

I just looked around an realized that I was lost. Sorry, I thought this was the thread discussing JVM show. Please forgive me.

Thank you for this post and I agree totally with you. I don't understand why some on this forum are so obsessed with RC having something to do with Haleigh's disappearance. It seems people would want this father to be innocent. Some days I just can't stand it. jmo

Speaking for myself, I will say that OF COURSE I "wanted" Ron to be innocent. He just isn't (in my very strong and well informed, factual opinion.)
I also wanted Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony, Susan Smith, Drew Peterson, etc...etc...to be innocent too.

Ronald Cummings' actions, lies, inactions, cover ups, diversions and attitude have LEAD me to believe in his guilt. Nothing more, nothing less. If he would have acted like an "innocent" father, and not married the person LE was looking at from day one, if he had not dealt drugs, if he had not cut off communication with LE, if he had not been so horribly rude to the press, to LE, to Crystal and her family--I may have believed in his innocence.

By objectively looking at the facts in this case, I for one, can't believe there are people that believe he was not involved.

I have also said this ad nauseum, but will say it again. (as I'm sure has been said in this thread and other threads repeatedly.) LE saying someone is not a suspect means nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. The minute charges are handed down for Haleigh's disappearance and death--THAT is the moment suspects will be specifically named. Specifically named with specific charges that will stick.

Not True: If you look you will not see a reporter for the article. Your word speak of a time when reporters did things differently and had sources and named them. I am still waiting for a retraction for the 2:13 time and ms. neves perhapes being there with laundry. I agree, most spokespeople for LE are almost perfect with their facts, but someting is different with this case in Putnam County because I don't see anywhere near perfection regarding public press releases.

I spoke with the newsroom directly, you can do the same. They did not inteview Greenwood. They told me he has nothing to say and that is all he would say. Greenwood said those things about a year ago. The story was updated and it was an old story and they simply added the news that occurred on Tuesday to it.

This happens all the time....and yes, everyone should be angry. It has been going on for the past ten years that I am aware of. I followed cases closely. Reporters will tell you exactly what they do. Since LE will not confirm anything in most cases anymore, they fill in the blanks with other reporters pieces and even quotes.

I was told Jacksonville did NOT interview Greenwood for this story.

Thanks Whisperer! I just knew this was "recycled" news. Reporters do that all the time. :banghead:

Given the latest story - does anyone else find Ron saying on the 911 call - why or how did you let my daughter get stolen bi@%$ more interesting?

I can't rule anyone out but Crystal - I just don't think she could be involved. JMHO

Speaking for myself, I will say that OF COURSE I "wanted" Ron to be innocent. He just isn't (in my very strong and well informed, factual opinion.)
I also wanted Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony, Susan Smith, Drew Peterson, etc...etc...to be innocent too.

Ronald Cummings' actions, lies, inactions, cover ups, diversions and attitude have LEAD me to believe in his guilt. Nothing more, nothing less. If he would have acted like an "innocent" father, and not married the person LE was looking at from day one, if he had not dealt drugs, if he had not cut off communication with LE, if he had not been so horribly rude to the press, to LE, to Crystal and her family--I may have believed in his innocence.

By objectively looking at the facts in this case, I for one, can't believe there are people that believe he was not involved.

I have also said this ad nauseum, but will say it again. (as I'm sure has been said in this thread and other threads repeatedly.) LE saying someone is not a suspect means nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. The minute charges are handed down for Haleigh's disappearance and death--THAT is the moment suspects will be specifically named. Specifically named with specific charges that will stick.

Just have to say, I totally agree with your post. Word for word, just the way I feel. Couldn't have said it better. Thank you.

Given the latest story - does anyone else find Ron saying on the 911 call - why or how did you let my daughter get stolen bi@%$ more interesting?

I can't rule anyone out but Crystal - I just don't think she could be involved. JMHO
oh yes, I remember it well, & I remember how it made my blood boil. still does. He was the father, & it was HIS job to protect his kids...but he's looking to blame Misty? a teenaged, (unusual person), that HE left in charge? Ron truly blows my mind.

And WHY not? What is LE hiding? I'm not asking for all the answers, just proof beyond a reasonable doubt Ron C isn't involved in what happened to Haleigh and that his family isn't involved in helping him cover up what happened...
As I see it LE has nothing to lose by releasing information that proves he isn't involved if indeed he is not involved...
Let me add... I am fully aware of the fact LE might not owe us anything, but unless LE can prove Ron C and his family aren't involved then I am not believing they are not involved..JMHOOTS

bbm

I think that LE is hiding the fact that they are pretty sure who committed this crime, that they know many of the details, that they have some amount of evidence, and that they are waiting for this person to slip up and say or do something that will provide collaboration of what they already know. If LE were to give up any of this information or to narrow down the list of possible suspects by the slightest bit, then this could encourage the person who committed the crime to be even more careful in what they say or do. Now it's a waiting game.

bbm

I think that LE is hiding the fact that they are pretty sure who committed this crime, that they know many of the details, that they have some amount of evidence, and that they are waiting for this person to slip up and say or do something that will provide collaboration of what they already know. If LE were to give up any of this information or to narrow down the list of possible suspects by the slightest bit, then this could encourage the person who committed the crime to be even more careful in what they say or do. Now it's a waiting game.

I tend to agree. You see on many of the cold case crimes how LE had to wait years for the Perp to slip up, as they usually do or to ensure they have everything for a successful prosecution.

The catch-22 is if they act based on what they have and it is not sufficient then the Perp walks free.

It must be tough to know and want to seek Justice for HaLeigh but not be able to pull the trigger on the Perp because you don't have the goods yet.

Let the Perp think they are so clever and have gotten away with it .... never identify the Perp as a POI or Suspect until you have the goods. Don't tip your hand.

It is a high stakes poker game. Patience is key. The Perp needs to be lulled into a false sense of security.

My concern is the major distraction caused by Gma Flo. She speaks authoritatively about conversations that Misty and Tommy had with her about what happened. It gives her a LOT of credibility.

However, she tells as many as 6 different versions and switches between them interchangeably and even mixes them. Gma Flo typically inserts JO into these theories as the Perp based on her own assumptions and interpretation, she was NOT directly told but injected him.

Gma Flo seems to play like a double agent in as much as while she is throwing Tommy and even Misty (at times) under the bus, she is minimizing their role and trying to reinforce JO's role.

I was stunned when on HLN Gma Flo broke down crying about how much she loves Misty and I think she was bravely trying to point the finger at JO while saving Misty as best she could.

A LOT of damage has been done by Gma Flo in the media that just makes the whole thing even more complex and confusing -- enabling Misty and Tommy to run with the JO did it theory and seek to use it as leverage in any plea deal (Misty) or later reduced sentencing (ToC).

Misty is the key and maybe she called in Timmy/Chelsea to help but Ron is also in on the story and cover-up. He knows.

BBM

The part I bolded above, is the only sentence I disagree with. IMO, GMA Flo has about as much credibility as any Croslins in this case.

I wouldn't worry about her - not that will make you feel any better. IMO, LE is not listening to Grandma Flo either (except via paytel), even though she wants to solve this case so bad she can taste the reward money.

Thanks Whisperer! I just knew this was "recycled" news. Reporters do that all the time. :banghead:

I knew it was recycled the minute I read it. I mean, who could ever forget that quote from Greenwood? Those of us here the day that quote first came out - we remember it all too well. I remember listening to Levi and his guests talking about it too.

but ... LOL ... I can't remember what they said. :blushing:

I can't recall--ever--reading or seeing the details of an investigation, as they pertain to either suspects or people who are cleared, revealed to the general public prior to a trial. What harm can releasing RC's work hours do? First of all, employment records are private. LE must get warrants to access that information, and they don't have license to make that information public. It is to be used either to eliminate a suspect or to build a case that can be taken to trial and prosecuted--or the information may be used as part of a timeline (or some other aspect of a case.) For example, Ron's departure time from work may be significant in building a case against Misty, if that information nails down some point LE thins is important. If the individual is cleared, then the evidence that eliminated him or her goes into a file and that's it. It served its purpose and there is no need for the public to know that person's private business.

At some point, citizens have to trust that LE is doing its job. That is not to say that there isn't corruption, that investigators don't arrest the wrong person or get tunnel vision on a case. But
the legal system in this country works on the presumption of innocence. The constitution requires LE agencies to demonstrate they have a reason to invade the privacy of citizens or to charge them with a crime. Then it's up to the state to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. The burden is not on the individual to prove his innocence, which is essentially what the calls for RC's records amount to--that through LE, he prove his innocence to the general public, who in some cases have already decided his guilt.

So why would LE ever reveal private records obtained by warrant or given over voluntarily by a citizen, if the person is not a suspect in LE's point of view? The only legitimate revelation of peoples' personal records--medical educational, employment, financial--is at trial.

I'm not even asking for any personal records....I would like the shift hours that employees work. Why can't we even have that? How could an entire County be quiet? PDM must be a big employer for the area. Hours are simply something people in a blue collar job just know.WTH? I can understand when one is speaking of executives because that is different; Gads he just worked in a construction site yard....good grief!

RC stated that LE wanted to know what took him so long to get home. Those words tell me that he was done work before 3:00am.

PG...I appreciate your information. I still don't see how we haven't found out the hours employees work in that position. Many jobs hours are simply known by the people that live in the community.

Excuse my phrasing. I didn't mean RC's private "work records", I simply meant the record of the hours he worked that night. What would be the harm?

He clocked in at 4:56 pm. Took a break at 8:03 - 8:30 pm. Clocked out at 2:49 am. Jeezzz, that's not so tough. Nothing personal about that. Just four little times on the clock. Also, if the employer said they had video surveillance and they could track him for the evening except for 5 minutes when he went to the bathroom and co-workers have vouched for his presence when he was out of camera range.

That's all we're looking for, not some vague answer, nor anything deep into his employment history. Why didn't RC himself shout it from the rooftops? Why didn't he make an attempt to clear himself? Most people would. :cow: Just saying.

Florida has liberal Sunshine laws, yet Putnam County is sealed tighter than a bomb shelter. I guess we're just used to seeing so much documentation in a certain other case that the lack of it here seems illegal somehow.

:clap::clap::clap:

Speaking for myself, I will say that OF COURSE I "wanted" Ron to be innocent. He just isn't (in my very strong and well informed, factual opinion.) I also wanted Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony, Susan Smith, Drew Peterson, etc...etc...to be innocent too.

Please expound on bolded above. What are the facts that have formed your factual opinion? I am not trying to be argumentative I really would like to know facts that say RC is guilty. Facts and not occurences that are based on opinion. And if he were truly involved don't you think MC or TC would have implicated him by now?

Also don't you think some of the "facts" have been spun out of control by gossip and unfounded reporting. I have heard and read things stated as facts that I know are not factual because I have followed this since the first time I heard the 911 call. I don't know any of these people so I have no personal involvement in caring whether RC,MC, or anyone is involved, but I have seen no facts that convince me RC was involved or knows who was. tia

Being a bad dude or the type of person I might catagorize as a lowlife, does not a murderer make.

conversely

NOT being named a suspect or a POI does not mean you are not one. These sorts of statements are meaningless to me when made by LE. LE feels no compunction, nor should they, to let me, Jane Q Public, know their evidence, their theories, their suspicions, etc on an active case.

Lastly, this is a rehash of an old statement. As stated in the really wellspoke post #77 above, it can be very hard to seperate ourselves from our emotions on cases such as this where we all feel so personally invested. But there is no new news here and we have all hashed this out and stated our positions at the time this statement by LE WAS new and breaking.

I know its tough friends, but we can debate, theorize, opine, etc without it turning into a freeforall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71
Back