Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One last last last thing.....Misty did look pretty and different in her wedding dress, I think. She just looks so dang young otherwise, sitting there next to Ron on the today show couch,. Like she's 13.

Playing dressup.

Rons body language...this marriage was NOT something he was happy and willing to do. He looks completely miserable but for some reason he must feel like he had to do it.

So Misty felt the investigator was a little too rough on her so shes just not gonna talk to him anymore?! :snooty: Well WAHHHHHH!!!!!I hope HES the one who gets to throw the cuffs on her and take her to jail>>>>>>:Justice:

My bold.
Ron even said something like "I didn't want to get married without her [Haleigh]. We're going to do it even bigger when she gets back so she can be the flower girl..." - SOMETHING like that, which makes me sort of think that he didn't want to get married yesterday but DID anyway. J-Moo.

I would love to hear what a body language expert would say about them on the Today Show. Ron has no expression what-so-ever.....very monitone....doesn't look up...and Misty acts like she's afraid to answer anything....she stumbles on her words....and the two together didn't embrace or touch once that I noticed.

Eyes for Lies is a WS member who has an interesting blog dedicated to lie detecting.

Eyes is not a psychic. She observes and listens to people as they are speaking. She has a 100% accuracy record in four years of blogging, and has evaluated many of the players in cases we have discussed here, including this one.

Eyes for Lies has evaluated video of Ron, Misty and Crystal, and has said she will give her opinion on the Today show footage. She goes through the footage frame-by frame, so it may be a few hours or a day before she blogs it.
http://www.eyesforlies.blogspot.com/

Susan

I think Misty was gone, the look she always has when she is being questioned is what makes me think this. Looking at Ron as if she wants to tell the truth but doesn't want him mad or blaming her. I hope they find Haliegh safe, Ron doesn't set off my guilty siren, Misty doesn't either. At least not in the sense that she actually did anything to her. I think she was negligent, but I feel like she was neglected also. After seeing the Today show, I have realized how much of a child Misty is. I have a 17 year old that acts more mature and adult like in her demeanor then Misty acts. This is such a sad story, I am hoping for a happy ending...for all 3 children involved.

I posted the below in the basement but I thought I'd repost it here. I think Misty's "child-like" demeanor works to her advantage in manipulating people. Working in a school I've seen so many girls like her it's probably biased me, you feel soooo sorry for them till the claws come out! JMO!

I've thought from the beginning Misty is the key... I don't think she's afraid of Ron. I think she was "good" to the kids because she knew that was the way to "get to" Ron, thru the love of his children. The myspace message to A, walking out on the interview (even KC didn't have the guts to do that!), the fact that she had to grow up fast and be in survival mode at a young age, the rumors of her cheating on him... I think she is uneducated but extremely street smart and a master at manipulation in "her" world and men in particular. I think she has Ron and the Nieves buffaloed, and possibly some of LE... I don't think Ron had any part of this, he's not the brightest crayon in the box and I think she has them all fooled. Hopefully the LE that got her mad can break her.

I think Misty either wasn't there, brought an SO into their "lives" and this set everything in motion (not cousin JO) or it was an accident on her watch.

or they know she is dead and exactly where her body is.

Sadly, this is the most likely scenario. Both Ron and Misty have made statements indicating that Haleigh may be deceased. Misty talks about Haleigh in the past tense and two of Ronald's earliest statements were: I'd give my life for my child's life back," and "I came home this morning to find out that I didn't have a child..."

Rons body language...this marriage was NOT something he was happy and willing to do. He looks completely miserable but for some reason he must feel like he had to do it.

So Misty felt the investigator was a little too rough on her so shes just not gonna talk to him anymore?! :snooty: Well WAHHHHHH!!!!!I hope HES the one who gets to throw the cuffs on her and take her to jail>>>>>>:Justice:
I would really like to see "the real MC" - kinda like we finally got to see "the real KC" on that jailhouse video. The MC we have all seen on TV comes across as very young, kinda meek, etc. - but I bet the real MC is the exact opposite!!! JMO

I wouldn't make too much of the sunglasses. He wears them frequently, but so do I. My eyes are sensitive to bright light and anytime I'm outdoors, sometimes even when it's overcast or cloudy, I have on shades.

As to Misty, I think she is just a 17 year-old girl and if there are inconsistencies in her story, it's likely because she was awakened from a deep sleep to find a child she loved missing. Ron was pissed during the 9-1-1 call and I would be as well. I can identify with some of what these people are experiencing. No one really knows how they will react in a situation like this. I'm just for giving them the benefit of the doubt until someone has some SUBSTANTIAL PROOF that they are guilty of something other than poor taste. Last time I checked, that was not against the law, even in Florida. :twocents:

Sailor Moon can you supply a link that they are “getting money and making some” in New York? Standard is overnight accommodations and meals.

It sort of colors any pure reaction your teens might have had because of leading them to believe they are profiting instead of searching. I have to be honest, god forbid, if something happened to my DD and others were searching still I would prefer they do so. I would want to remember her as DD. Just because you think they should search doesn’t mean it is right or wrong kwim. I just think we have to careful about making judgments on a public message board.

The comments about what Ron wore during and after the wedding are pretty cruel considering he is, at this point, as far as we know a grieving father.

Sunglasses in Florida outside- who cares maybe he was crying or going to cry.

Ron looked miserable.

Misty on the other hand was thoroughly enjoying herself and seemed was even tempted to push the cake in Ron’s face then thought better of it. Misty has Ron wrapped around her little finger.

IMO

Can anybody tell me what would happen if Misty is pregnant AND Guilty of a crime? I guess if Ron is innocent of any wrong-doing the baby would go to him but what if hes in on it too? Then what happens to the baby? This is of course all speculative!!!! Im just wondering....

I would really like to see "the real MC" - kinda like we finally got to see "the real KC" on that jailhouse video. The MC we have all seen on TV comes across as very young, kinda meek, etc. - but I bet the real MC is the exact opposite!!! JMO

Agreed.

Myspace sure paints a different picture than what you see on TV.

Sailor Moon can you supply a link that they are “getting money and making some” in New York? Standard is overnight accommodations and meals.

It sort of colors any pure reaction your teens might have had because of leading them to believe they are profiting instead of searching. I have to be honest, god forbid, if something happened to my DD and others were searching still I would prefer they do so. I would want to remember her as DD. Just because you think they should search doesn’t mean it is right or wrong kwim. I just think we have to careful about making judgments on a public message board.

The comments about what Ron wore during and after the wedding are pretty cruel considering he is, at this point, as far as we know a grieving father.

Sunglasses in Florida outside- who cares maybe he was crying or going to cry.

Ron looked miserable.

Misty on the other hand was thoroughly enjoying herself and seemed was even tempted to push the cake in Ron’s face then thought better of it. Misty has Ron wrapped around her little finger.

IMO

Bold is mine.

If he's a grieving father, why did he get married in the middle of all of this grief?

My bold.
Ron even said something like "I didn't want to get married without her [Haleigh]. We're going to do it even bigger when she gets back so she can be the flower girl..." - SOMETHING like that, which makes me sort of think that he didn't want to get married yesterday but DID anyway. J-Moo.

I caught that too Blue. They probably married because they thought it would help with a custody battle. I had a thought when they were talking about buying a house, when they were flashing a ring around, getting married, going on a honeymoon..were they trying to send a message to who they think has Haleigh to contact them, they have money now?

I think your kids are right on. I think regional differences are making a lot of people suspicious where there is nothing to be suspicious about. I am originally from that part of the country and know people like Misty and Ron. She is very young and scared and he is not comfortable with showing emotion in public -- especially in the world of cameras, interviews, TV, all this attention, etc. I also think they appeared on the Today show to put the story back on Haleigh. In the past week, the story has sort of fizzled in the press. The wedding has put them back in the public eye -- and another opportunity to get Haleigh's face on the air -- seen by millions of people.

Interesting. I do think the wedding has garnered attention from the press. I understand their are regionalisms but anyone have any idea why the church felt compelled to send out an email saying they didn't approve of the union or why his pastor of 3 years didn't officiate the ceremony? Seems he would have been the go-to guy for the wedding. TIA :)

Ron did not seem surprised that MC walked out on the police interview because the new investigator was rude to her. Do we know when he and his family learned about the walk out ? If it was before the wedding, wouldn't that make you just a little bit queasy ? I wonder if this is why the pastor and church backed out at the last minute ?

Bold is mine.

If he's a grieving father, why did he get married in the middle of all of this grief?

Just an idea...but maybe because he IS NOT in a good frame of mind and he doesn't have anyone around leading him on what should or should not be done. Just the fact that he went through with this wedding tells me he needs to hire or see a counselor instead of a lawyer. I personally think he married Misty because of the all the talk about her being of illegal age. I don't know why but I just don't feel like this was done because these two are in love. There is an ulterior motive here and I just can't get my mind around it.

Ronald really needs to get some advice from someone completely unbiased to his situation. I think even his mother, though she seems to be a nice woman, is not giving him good advice right now. She wants to see her son protected and I think this whole wedding was to prevent him from getting charged with something to do with Misty's age. I don't know...

my bold. What's the Mann Act? tia

Sorry. A Federal law against taking a minor across state line for immoral conduct/reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann_Act

The most common use of the Mann Act was to prosecute men for having sex with underage women.[1] It was also used to harass others who had drawn the authorities' wrath for "immoral" behavior."

more at link.

§ 2421. Transportation generally

Whoever knowingly transports any individual in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any Territory or Possession of the United States, with intent that such individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor