Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the GMA interview when Misty is asked about her inconsistent statements ........she pauses, as if waiting for Ron to answer, then looks at him, then says I don't know. I have watched it multiple times and she is unnatural and looking for help to answer the questions. Any one else see this?

Also, Ron looks miserable in both the wedding video and GMA video. Do you think he was forced to marry Misty? I see no sign of love, affection or even support.

Oh yeah I saw it and I commented earlier about that. She was drowning and he didn't even lend her a hand...

MOO

MOO ------ EXACTLY!! Why would he not want to help her??? Really struck me and so non-supportive.

I would think the kids are eligible for Medicaid especially since he hadn't received any child support payments and most states do have programs for childrens' basic needs. So, imo, there is no excuse for missing doctor's appts. The number of absences from school just makes me think somebody was too lazy to get up in the morning or take her to the doctor. MOO

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess/fammedfactsheet.pdf

It looks like Florida has pretty liberal policies for kids and medicare. It would *appear* that their household would have been qualified based on income (133% of the FPL for Haleigh, higher for Jr.).

She also appears to qualify under the medically needy catagory which does not have income restrictions (your copay increases).

Step-parents income does not count towards the child's limit, not that it would matter in this case since she doesn't have one to our knowledge.

I thought the reason they weren't married before (aside from having no intention of doing so) was that Misty's mom would not sign off on it? And mom did a sudden turn around on that topic? It is Misty's mother that makes me think there is a baby announcement on its way.

Did Misty have coverage under her mom as a minor? I would think Haleigh would be qualified for coverage based on income and disability regardless of whether her father was shacking up with an unemployed 17 year old, or living in wedded bliss with an unemployed 17 year old. But I know very little about state benefits.
OK, if there's a baby announcement on the way I'd like to know how far along she is and if she knew about it before Haleigh went missing. Motive. MOO

During the GMA interview when Misty is asked about her inconsistent statements ........she pauses, as if waiting for Ron to answer, then looks at him, then says I don't know. I have watched it multiple times and she is unnatural and looking for help to answer the questions. Any one else see this?

Also, Ron looks miserable in both the wedding video and GMA video. Do you think he was forced to marry Misty? I see no sign of love, affection or even support.
Noticed also, I wonder if Ron was mad at her about that lull in the conversation ? She really is young, I don't understand her mother giving the thumbs up for the marriage.

Ron didn't strike me as thrilled either to be getting married. When they left the courthouse he walked right by her, I don't see a real considerate guy there...just my opinion.

MOO ------ EXACTLY!! Why would he not want to help her??? Really struck me and so non-supportive.

Maybe there is no way to help her.
There is no explanation for the inconsistencies.
There is no explaining the police, the repeated polygraphs, the walking out of an interview because a new cop was rude to her. Rude to her? Give me a break. If I thought a freshblooded detective was looking at the case with fresh eyes he would have to do something really impressive to offend me to such a level that I withdrew my participation in his efforts. That is an "all about me" decision.

Take a break. Go sob to your mom, call your new husband and cry on his shoulder. Suck it up and go back in there until the detective is satisfied with your answer to a degree that lets them look past you and to other possibilities.

If you aren't nice to me, and pretend like my lies make sense I am not talking to you anymore? Gee, that doesn't remind me of every indigent murderer-playing-victim-innocent-bystander-we-have-ever-seen. Please.

I would guess most mother's here, stepmoms or biomoms, couldn't be shoved out of that interview room if there was a new FBI agent assigned to the case of your missing child. Whether he hurt your feelings or not, he just might be the one that listens to something you have been trying to say, or sees something the others didn't.

Is there a link that says she has missed Drs appointments since Ron has had custody? The only Drs appointments missed that I have seen mentioned are when she lived with Crystal.

I would think the kids are eligible for Medicaid especially since he hadn't received any child support payments and most states do have programs for childrens' basic needs. So, imo, there is no excuse for missing doctor's appts. The number of absences from school just makes me think somebody was too lazy to get up in the morning or take her to the doctor. MOO

I think the only reason they got married is because Ron is afraid of loosing custody to Junior. Misty is underage and it would look better to everyone if they were married. They said on NG that in Florida they WOULD NOT be protected against testifying against each other just because they are married. They would still have to testify so that is not one of the reasons they got married. I still believe a pedophile came into the house and stole Haleigh. It has happened so many times. Look at Elizabeth Smart, Polly Klauss and Jesse Runsford all taken from their homes while their parents or grandparents were sleeping. Danielle Van Daam is another one. Her Father was home. They also had a big dog. It does happen. ....

**snipped by me ****
Speaking of dogs. Why doesn't this family have a dog? Kids love dogs, and they live in the country. Surely, a dog would have alerted the residents to any intruders. Mine does.

This entire thing reminds me of the saying "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." Sorry if this has already been posted.

Is there a link that says she has missed Drs appointments since Ron has had custody? The only Drs appointments missed that I have seen mentioned are when she lived with Crystal.
I don't have a link available without searching but I was under the impression, mostly from what CS has said, the absences from school continued until Haleigh went missing and was following the thoughts of the poster I replied to that visiting the doctor and getting a note would excuse those absences. MOO

That brings up something I've been wondering about. When the trailer was toured on camera there was another bedroom with a toddler bed frame in it but no mattress. I'm guessing that is the bed frame that Haleigh's mattress belongs to. Why was she sleeping in Ron and Misty's room on the floor? Among other things...it is usually colder the closer you are to the floor and this child has a history of illness and hospitalizations to begin with. Does anyone know why the mattress wasn't on her bed and why she wasn't sleeping in her bedroom?

2 thoughts: Ron has said Haleigh was afraid of the dark. We have a child who is afraid to be alone at night and afraid of the dark. Our solution for the time being has been to keep a crib mattress in our room for him to sleep on when needed, so we can all get back to sleep w/ a minimum of fuss.

Another thing the mattress is handy for is when any of the kids are sick, they can sleep in our room and can be tended to whether it's vomiting or severe coughing, etc. This would be helpful w/ bedwetting too, child might be more likely to ask for help getting & going to bathroom if there was someone right there in the room.

**snipped by me ****
Speaking of dogs. Why doesn't this family have a dog? Kids love dogs, and they live in the country. Surely, a dog would have alerted the residents to any intruders. Mine does.

A large portion of the people following the case think they will be able to use spousal privilege. I don't think it is a stretch to think Misty and Ron believe it will apply. Misty doesn't really strike me as a scrubbing the state statutes type.

Dogs- totally depends on the dog. My malamute might leave with the intruder if she thought they seemed like they were going somewhere interesting. My german shepherd sounds alarms if someone closes their cardoor after I have turned off the lights. And walk near the house? Up my driveway? Ballistic, no way you are sleeping through that one.

LOL, I love having PattyG & her little flip camera as a resource. Occasionally, if it's a heated suject, she'll make a sigh, or snicker too...love it :):blowkiss:

Me, too. I don't have cable and really appreciate her taping and posting. I love her occasional comments, and the occasional comments of her little dog.

Thank you PattyG!

I think it was said that Haleigh has asthma. It's not uncommon for people with asthma to have animal allergies as well. Just a thought. Although it's possible they just don't fancy pets or don't have the resources to take care of them.

What happened to the chihuahua somebody donated?

No need to search for link I had thought I had maybe missed something. I know Haleigh had missed around 22 days of school this year and CS also indicated Haleigh had been sick a lot in the hospital. I did not take that to indicated that Ron neglected to take her to drs appointments. I have not seen any proof that the missed days were an issue except from CS statement, but just like the photo she showed Geraldo saying it was proof Haleigh was abused, was determined to be from an incident that happened at school and there was a record of this incident I take what she says about Ron being in trouble for Haleigh missing days with a grain of salt.

I don't have a link available without searching but I was under the impression, mostly from what CS has said, the absences from school continued until Haleigh went missing and was following the thoughts of the poster I replied to that visiting the doctor and getting a note would excuse those absences. MOO

I think he's aware of all the "talk" about his controlling behavior and how it appeared he was coaching Misty in the NG (I think it was NG?) interview.

Noticed also, I wonder if Ron was mad at her about that lull in the conversation ? She really is young, I don't understand her mother giving the thumbs up for the marriage.

I remember he got criticised by some for helping her answer questions early on, i.e. someone (not you :) said he was controlling her. So he is darned if he does and darned if he doesn't help her. Still, this morning she needed a little help, that was a loooooong uncomfortable pause.

A large portion of the people following the case think they will be able to use spousal privilege. I don't think it is a stretch to think Misty and Ron believe it will apply. Misty doesn't really strike me as a scrubbing the state statutes type.

Dogs- totally depends on the dog. My malamute might leave with the intruder if she thought they seemed like they were going somewhere interesting. My german shepherd sounds alarms if someone closes their cardoor after I have turned off the lights. And walk near the house? Up my driveway? Ballistic, no way you are sleeping through that one.

LOL!!! I have one at home like that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3