Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA...and that is just plain, straight out WRONG!!! I have given up all hope our justice system due to this kind of thing. I was one who used believe in the law, justice ..etc,... but I've seen too many crooked cases, Judges, DA's..."good ole boy" networks to believe anymore.

BTW...I am a totally good citizen, with only one speeding ticket in my whole life of 52 yrs. I cried when I got that at 45 yrs. old. lol

dmk I am quite sure the ticket has long been put in the "Sea of Forgetfulness..." ;)

A couple weeks ago - all their records were posted here.. Crystal's side of the family.

Good luck!!! There was a bunch of them!! LOL!!

Yes on the other hand we'll need to devote an entire thread or forum perhaps to dad's side... ;) JMO

:parrot:

Added to the fact that Ron doesn't strike me as a "down on the knee type guy". He was drawing attention to himself, just as he was drawing attention to himself on the first day that Haleigh went missing when he threw himself down on his knees - I think in front of his home. Nothing that Ron does or says strikes me as sincere - it is a huge act - contrived to present himself in as favorable a light as possible. Even his sing song pleadings to bring Haleigh home, have no real feelings behind them - just a bunch of empty words. MOO The only things real about Ron are his anger and arrogance.

(bold mine) I can't look upon another's heart but can tell you from personal experience that there are those who are more interested in appearing righteous than they are in becoming righthearted. Who, when faced w transformational opportunities rather than be broken choose to only toughen themselves more, and that my own personal reaction to him has been one of uneasiness, not necessarily because I believe he's responsible but because I know the violence and viciousness I've come to associate w this level of arrogance and pride and w the sneering of which we've thus far only caught glimpses. I'm not sure he has any direct culpability, I just don't care for the spirit on this man. JMO

For what it's worth, here are my impressions of the Today show. In the beginning shot they both look like they don't wanna be there. No handholding, no looking at each other, defensive postures, Ronald arms crossed, slightly defiant, Misty looking scared, hands between thighs. Stiff expressions.

The tape: inconsistencies in their statements, first happy day in a month, last known person to have seen H, church does not agree with union, known each other only six months, I don't know I was at work, man in black, police more concerned about Misty's timeline, police satisfied that Ronald does not know, Misty different story, spousal privilege might be a problem.

Did RC and MC see the tape that they showed before the interview? Wonder what they think of it. It brings up the problems in their story. Might have made them defensive.

Good mornings are said, they look sulky. "Why did you come here, what do you want to accomplish?" He could have told us about Haleigh and made her the focus but he makes himself the focus when he starts off complaining that he doesn't want his personal life talked about. My daughter, I wanna find her. Note to self: He is a newly wed man as of yesterday and his wife has been talked about as much as he has but he does not say "our personal life", he says "my personal life". Not "we wanna find her", "I wanna find her".

Looking down when he says that he's happy with LE so far. Smiling a little when saying that Junior's story is more of Crystal and her mother's garbage.

Answers "I was at work" wth :confused: to a question which it is not an answer for. Small smirk, jaw up.

Misty nodding sadly when the interviewer says she cared deeply for. Why did she walk out of interview. "New guy very rude, yelling...". Has she never been yelled at before? Jerky head movements. "Accused of lying." Upset, insulted, like it's totally over the line to call her a liar (what does she expect when all of her stories can't be true at the same time??) . Ronald says it was after she had passed polygraphs, Misty echoes. "You did?" Ronald: "Absolutely". Small smirk again.

"Inconsistencies in your story, can you clarify". Jerky head movements again, nods and shakes her head at the same time. "Washing my blanket, uh, our blankets". How many blankets did she wash? Another new timeline. Was about to call Ronald even before she noticed Haleigh was gone. Ronald: "Just home from my shift at work."

"Why were there inconsistencies?"
Sucks lips in, looks down, umm, long pause, looks at husband, somebody help me out here, he looks down, still arms crossed. "I don't know.". "But you know you did do that." "Yeah." "And you're not sure why." She looks sad and alone. I feel sorry for her.

"Why was it important for you to get married, Ronald?"
"I don't know. I think my little girl would have wanted it. :waitasec: Would have wanted her to be there. Better party when she comes back." I feel sorry for Misty, it seems the wrong answer. A bridegroom oughta know why he married. My child might have wanted it, not a word about what he wanted, what he likes and respects about his wife. Not a word about we love each other and want to support each other during this difficult time. How far will it carry their marriage that a missing girl would have wanted to be in at a wedding party?

"Focus still on my personal life. Not anybody else's business what I do with my personal life." It's still about him, not them as a couple or a family.

He does not understand what his personal life has to do with national tv, his daughter's disappearance has to do with tv. Is he really so dim that he does not realize at all that since his family members have not been cleared as suspects, as far as everybody else who was not there that night is concerned, his personal life might be very relevant to finding Haleigh? Maybe it is irrelevant like he says but we don't know that for sure, given that he's married the last person who saw her alive and who has given an inconsistent story.

"I go to work, I support my family." and... :confused: Yes, we know that. "Daughter's face on tv and get her found" Hope so. "Did she care very much about Misty?" Ronald: "Absolutely". Misty nodding sadly.

"Please call the crime stoppers." Looking unconvinced. "If my little girl is watching, baby I love you." That's a very curt message for the child if she's watching.

"Do you believe that you're a suspect?" Misty: "No." Ronald: "I spoke to John Merchant." Smile and pause. Interviewer: "And.." "She's not a suspect."

He calls her Haleigh now. For a while he did several interviews where he didn't even once, as far as I noticed.

I still don't know what happened to Haleigh but these two ain't telling all they know, and I'm afraid their marriage is going to be rocky.

(bold, and insertions mine) Thanks for sharing your reactions and insights w us. Agree especially w parts bolded. Dad's answers are curt, unnecessarily abrupt and at times strangely nonresponsive to question(?) ETA: Could the anger dad's trying to conceal or suppress perhaps be directed at Misty? JMO

:parrot:

(bold mine) I can't look upon another's heart but can tell you from personal experience that there are those who are more determined to appear righteous than they are to become righthearted. Who, when faced w transformational opportunities rather than be broken only choose to toughen themselves more... and that my personal reaction to has been an uneasiness, I know the violence that I've come to associate w this level of arrogance, pride... and the sneering we've been able to catch glimpses of. I'm not suggesting he has any direct responsibility, I just don't like the "spirit" on this man. JMO

Good post. I agree. Not a nice person.

If Ron is so upset about Crystal showing Junior on t.v. and fears it puts the little guy danger why would he jet off to honeymoon in New York and leave him in her care?

He took his mama along, why not Junior too?

Whhaaaat, really?

JMO but, RC never seems like he wants to be near her much since that first day.Could it be possible that he's working undercover for the cops to get info for them about MC? hmmm,nah

yes, exactly. I've said before that IF RC did something to Haleigh before work (perhaps he lost his temper and hit her) that it could be possible for a child to die hours later from injuries sustained in a beating (concussion or internal injuries). In the case of concussion there would most likely be vomiting or seizures (loss of bladder control) - which would explain all the blanket washing.

anyhow he didn't have to be there at the time of death to be responsible for the death.

I'm not sure if it's ever been brought up whether or not the piping from the washer to the outside sewer pipe or whatever was ever seized (if she vomited there may have been foodstuffs lining the pipe not totally washed away or in the washing machine tub) and whether they seized the lint trap, etc. Hoping yes.

Ronald, in response to Meredith Vieiras' question about ['Why was getting married an important thing for you to do?']
Response to Merideth ,"I don't know. I think my little girl would have wanted it. I would have rather her to have been there so obviously when we get her back, we will....do...a much larger, better way, but we're just...that's just still taking the focus off of Haleigh. We need to be focused on Haleigh and not what I am focused on in my personal life."

interesting choice of words.

Oooh interesting read there !

And on a side note I just asked her what she thought of the Casey in the last three hearings

(on a Casey post that she did)

Thanks for posting that link Aries! All I can say at this point in terms of R & M's union/honeymoon is I can't wait to see the pics/videos taken by possible PI and/or LE following and observing their every move while in NY - if they think for one second that they're not being watched VERY CLOSELY than they're even dumber than I thought. Their behavior during this trip will speak louder than any words spoken thusfar out of their mouths - can't wait. MOO

Smiling a little when saying that Junior's story is more of Crystal and her mother's garbage.
Answers "I was at work" to a question which it is not an answer for. Small smirk, jaw up.

. Ronald: "Just home from my shift at work."

Respectively snipped.
The whole interview with those two set off my hinky meter and gave me the creeps.. but the two parts of your post above that I quoted REALLY sent up a red flag to me...
Ron's response to the query about what JR said was just SOOOOO bizarre.. had NOTHING to do with the question at all.. and just reiterating his "alibi"

And does anyone else get the feeling that Misty is scared to death of Ron? Almost everytime she is asked a question, she looks towards him, as tho she isnt sure what she is supposed to say...

JMO.. But does anyone have a clue as to what Ron's job would entail?? I know its something like bridge construction, but Im wondering if its a job that he would clock in at an office/check in with a supervisor, but then be out and about (possibly on his own) during the course of his work shift...

I may have to eat some crow.. but I really think Ron did something to Haleigh.. and Misty is his "fall guy".. and, to me, she seems mixed up between a teen fantasy of wanting to be a wife... and scared of him at the same time.

Ron OBVIOUSLY has issues with women... and absolutely no respect for them.

and just another random thought.. I wonder how much bed wetting plays into this... Just seems odd to me that Jr would be sleeping in bed with Misty, but Hayleigh would NOT. Almost as if she wasnt allowed to sleep in master bed because of her bed wetting.. and was reduced to sleeping on a thin mattress on the floor like a pet. Just struck me as very odd. Ron also strikes me as the type of person that would not understand that bedwetting is most likely caused by an actual physical problem (tiny bladder, what have you) but rather he would see it as "being bad" .
Just some of my random thoughts...

My apologies if this has been asked and answered:

1. Is this a 1 bedroom trailer?
2. Do all 3 of them sleep in that 1 bed (Misty, Ron, Jr.)?
3. Is it just me, or does this seem a bit 'odd' to you.

If they were in a romantic relationship, and he came home in the middle of the night and wanted a good seeing-to, what did they do with the kids? Not to be rude or anything, but daddy comes home (early), they put the kids out of the bedroom, and HC wanders off. This isn't the first time she's done so.

We know haleigh wandered off at 2 and was found in a canal and almost drowned. And in 2005 Documents Claim Haleigh Cummings Wandered Off.

http://www.cbs47.com/mostpopular/st...ings-Wandered-Off/ecfIOIQdpEyY0r9dGW3W-A.cspx

This could be the same incident - I'm not sure.

I still have so many questions.....but I personally don't believe she was abducted. Unless Misty was so wasted she could sleep through an earthquake. Can you imagine a stranger coming in and taking a child without a fuss? I can't.

Best,

Melanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members