Ronald proposes to Misty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes cjk, my husband has it on in the livingroom (I've been giving him grief about a bigger diamond:D on my finger out of jest).

She took someone to church about the phrase T-T, I liked that!

My husband broke my cell phone while I was at work one night. It was an accident, he let the baby play with it and it hit the floor hard enough for the screen to stop working. I KNOW it could have easily happened on my watch too, but my natural reaction was to be upset that he broke my cell phone. I shot daggers through him with my eyes for the next week everytime I had to open the stupid backup phone I now have to use.

Yeah, maybe my natural reactions aren't to swear and scream, but I don't know what I would do if he lost our child. It might be an accident but I would ALWAYS feel deep down that it wouldn't have happened if I were there. I might have a very hard time getting over the resentment. I still feel like my phone might still work if I hadn't left it home that night.

I don't think we should be reading the unfortunately common situation of parental abuse into this completely abnormal abduction scenario. Misty did not just "speak when not spoken to": she LOST his CHILD. If he was speaking to her this way because she didn't fold his work uniform correctly I'd totally be with you here.

Anyway, I have no clue if there really is abuse here, I just don't think the obviouse resentment he displayed towards Misty in the first few days is evidence of it.

I personally didn't say that I thought there was any physical abuse, but that their clearly was a verbal issue with her being called "my stupid B---h girlfriend" to the cop who responded.

Regardless, obviously he isn't resentful ATM otherwise they wouldn't be getting married right?

O/T I asked my Husband what do you think hunny?

He said and I quote "So what do you do when you find out your the reason your daughter is missing is because the "girl" you married was negligent? He said and I quote...

" He don't know yet, what happened to his daughter, if it were me...I'd be $#@&* mad and I'd eat her ^%& up and I'd be in jail for *&%#^....too many alternate characters to continue.

Someone asked if the marriage licence was only good for 60 days....

That is what the locals are reporting, however, they DID NOT get a marriage licence...

They simply got the paperwork that Misty's parents have to file / fill out in order for them TO GET a marriage licence...

I am sure there is NO DATE RESTRICTIONS in which they have to get this paperwork filled out...

THIS IS ALL IN THE NEWS BRIEFING ON 1STCOAST, The video where Ronald walks out...

ETA: Misty DID say no date has been set..

Florida
§ 794. 05
Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors if someone age 24 or older engages in sexual activity with someone age 16 or 17.
Up to 15 years in prison

Prove she and he had sex though.... that is unless she is pregnant!

I personally didn't say that I thought there was any physical abuse, but that their clearly was a verbal issue with her being called "my stupid B---h girlfriend" to the cop who responded.

Regardless, obviously he isn't resentful ATM otherwise they wouldn't be getting married right?

You gotta let it go at some point...I don't shoot dirty looks at my husband about the phone anymore either.

Though apparrently I do still whine about it to complete strangers :innocent:

My reaction is simple. I think while the timing is certainly bad, if it is what they feel they need to do...DO IT! The world is going to go after them no matter if they are married or not, but at least this way it is truly them against the world. They said it is what Haleigh has wanted since they got together. Rj needs a real family, stability, and love. I see this as a positive step.

Whatever keeps Haleigh in the news is a good idea to me. It might be horrible timing, but it worked IMO.

And I wish people would stop talking about how controlled and abused Misty is. There isn't one shred of evidence of all that.

This is interesting behavior at a time of devastation in my book! RC couldnt go back in the home, cuz it was too painful, too many memories of lil Haleigh. Yet, he can sweep that pain under the rug for abit to pop the question to Misty ... hmmm
I didnt put too much stock in RC getting the tatoo (I thought the location where he got it was interesting), but to pop the question while Haleigh is still missing. RC has his priorities alil mixed up! JMO

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you!!! I'm just sick about this :doh: :banghead: :doh:

My reaction is simple. I think while the timing is certainly bad, if it is what they feel they need to do...DO IT! The world is going to go after them no matter if they are married or not, but at least this way it is truly them against the world. They said it is what Haleigh has wanted since they got together. Rj needs a real family, stability, and love. I see this as a positive step.
Exactly. Misty said, "This is what Haleigh wanted." Maybe I would feel better about this if she said, "This is what Haleigh wants." Nope--still pretty certain I wouldn't feel good about it.

Isn't it true that a spouse can refrain from testifying against their partner or something like that??

That was my very first thought.

You would think he would have more important things on his mind, like a missing daughter? If his mind isn't on finding Hayleigh, he must already know where she is, and is now concerned with covering his *ss.

Why make such a spectacle about it? Why not do it in private?

Maybe he is also afraid of charges due to her age. :behindbar

I know I'm way behind, but here is a blow-up of the ring setting (since someone asked if there are letters) I can't tell.

http://i40.tinypic.com/24wzthi.jpg

That's a beautiful setting Amanda, thank you for blowing it up :blowkiss:

I'm still being a harpie and wondering what size that diamond is...(only so I can gig big daddy for a new one when he gets back from his next assignment :D J/K as always).

Not true, he can still be charged since they were not married at the time the statutory rape would have happened.
she is 17 has her moms blessing. no way are the cops EVER going to arrest him for that.

I keep typing and backing up and typing and backing up. I already am miffed that he can't stand to move back into that trailer. Most parents would want to be with their childs stuff and her memories in a time like this. Guilty people however, don't want to be reminded that they did something wrong! BIG RED FLAG!!! And now he's marrying the person who lost his child? He wants to marry someone who can't string a sentence together to explain coherently what happened when your child went missing?

There is all kinds of wrong here.

I keep typing and backing up and typing and backing up. I already am miffed that he can't stand to move back into that trailer. Most parents would want to be with their childs stuff and her memories in a time like this. Guilty people however, don't want to be reminded that they did something wrong! BIG RED FLAG!!! And now he's marrying the person who lost his child? He wants to marry someone who can't string a sentence together to explain coherently what happened when your child went missing?

There is all kinds of wrong here.

A great big yeppers from me!

Everyone knows that the chances that Haleigh will be found alive are diminishing with each passing day. It is a brutal reality to face.

Exactly! And that's why I just don't understand them. With each passing day, I'd be sicker and sicker in my heart, not knowing if my daughter was still alive and being tortured, raped, or what ... OR if she is now dead, laying somewhere ... and I may have to face that, without even being able to have a funeral yet.

Sorry, I still say ... there is NO way, I'd be celebrating and planning a wedding.

Whatever differences in opinion as to the morality or legality of their relationship until now there is little question as to propriety or wisdom of marrying now under these circumstances. The families' collective resources--including money, energy, efforts, attention, and time--need to be allocated to finding HALEIGH. If this has ever been Haleigh's dream, then she should be included. Because getting a piece of paper can never make this a stable healthy environment for Junior OR Haleigh if Lord willing she is still alive. Someone needs to get poor Junior out of there. Period. JMO
:parrot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member