Rons Impending Plea

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFL...reading your post AZ...made me think of my siggy photo...that's me...seriously most mornings! *snickersnort*
Dont want to venture too far into left field (ie off topic) but AZ made me "snickersnort" - as you mentioned - too heh. OK I'll be beside you guys, but in the overlong Metallica Tshirt and the platform flipflops. :) ... and with the frosted poptarts - of course duh. :-0

RC is on calendar for 9:00am but I'm sure there are plenty more inmates there....so it could be anywhere before noon, I guess.

6:00am for me...YIKES! Now that may be too early for beer..

bbm

Forgive me; I have an acronym/initials deficit :) (I take it GMA is grandma Sykes?)

As far as his plea and all his other.... undertakings, I cant help but look at TN and Grandmother Sykes and shake my head.

Yes, once a child is an adult they do what they do, but one does not have to rescue them time after time from consequences of the circumstances and choices that the adult son or daughter make. sheesh on a stick.

moo

actually, I don't blame GGS for writing that letter. I'd do the same thing for my child. He's looking at a very long prison sentence, & she's just trying to salvage something. But considering the publicity this case has gotten, I'm not sure how much it will help. I just hope Misty has someone, literate enough, to explain her situation. On a side note, my sister's oldest & dearest friend, who I've written about a few times, has committed these same types of crimes, but has managed to get out of county, with just probation, time and time again. She went back to county in March, & requested no visitors at all. Well, this past Thursday, she was put in the hospital, where it was discovered that she had advanced lung cancer, & she died today. So, I think about all of those times that she took pills, when she didn't need them, but when she was dieing, & desperately needing them, she had to suffer. & she died with shackles on her legs. Thank God, the judge made an exception, & let her mother sit with her til the end.

Why do you think he only got a tap on the wrist for ALL of his priors? Because he's a GOOD BOY?

I think many people think drug crimes are just drug crimes. Trafficking narcotics is a whole other ball game. The Court takes that charge seriously.His priors did not consist of traffiking. He had possessions and some with intent to sell (hard to prove). If they imprisoned everyone with illegal possession of drugs they would have to build many huge institutions to hold them all.

Upon looking at the court calendars in Florida (and probably all over), more than 90% are drug cases....

actually, I don't blame GGS for writing that letter. I'd do the same thing for my child. He's looking at a very long prison sentence, & she's just trying to salvage something. But considering the publicity this case has gotten, I'm not sure how much it will help. I just hope Misty has someone, literate enough, to explain her situation. On a side note, my sister's oldest & dearest friend, who I've written about a few times, has committed these same types of crimes, but has managed to get out of county, with just probation, time and time again. She went back to county in March, & requested no visitors at all. Well, this past Thursday, she was put in the hospital, where it was discovered that she had advanced lung cancer, & she died today. So, I think about all of those times that she took pills, when she didn't need them, but when she was dieing, & desperately needing them, she had to suffer. & she died with shackles on her legs. Thank God, the judge made an exception, & let her mother sit with her til the end.
Im so sorry for your loss, Dodie. You are in my prayers.

I cant blame any mother or grandmother for trying to help. My feeling that I was trying to convey was that (imo) he may not have been in this situation (and if I can extrapolate further perhaps Haleigh may not even be missing) if things were handled differently before they escalated to this very horrible set of circumstances... dire straits that may cost him his freedom for many years of his life. It's sad all the way around.

Also, we dont know what happened to Haleigh and whether he had anything to do with it or if he knows more than he's revealed. I personally think he does know. However, I also understand that Mrs Sykes must be torn and heartbroken; but I (and everyone else here Im sure) cant help but want justice for a child who cant seek it for herself. I also think (again, imo only) that he may be violent and therefore potentially dangerous.

moo

I hope the judge isn't pulling on kid gloves this morning. :dance:

I just want this man to do some serious time.

I want to ask a question:

The court records on Ronald state "Letter from Annette Sykes" I have never heard of this before. Does anyone have a clue what she could write in Ronald's defense that would help him in anyway? Is this letter writing something that is normally done?

I could see writing a letter if you were the victim of a crime but this?

The letters are usually about their character, what may have driven them to commit such a crime and whether they are likely to do it again. I would think that Annette Sykes could make a good argument for RC, having been shuffled between homes growing up and how he has learned from the past and was trying to get his life back on track by making an "honest living" and taking on the responsibiliy of raising two children on his own <cough>.

I've written such a letter to a judge in the past for someone. It would be my guess that there are other letters from family, friends, clergy, etc. It has been my experience that they are used more in the sentencing phase.

Did Teresa write a letter as well? If not, that can't look good, mo.

Did Teresa write a letter as well? If not, that can't look good, mo.

I am thinking she will be a witness and there with her sister--wonder if his uncle will show. But I am confused if, as Whisp stated, there are about 40 cases on the docket--how can it go to a trial today?

I am thinking she will be a witness and there with her sister--wonder if his uncle will show. But I am confused if, as Whisp stated, there are about 40 cases on the docket--how can it go to a trial today?

40 cases, or 40 trials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member