Rons Impending Plea

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Donna got any information from Misty. She would have given it up long ago if she had. :::zero to hero and all that jazz:::

My guess is that the state was offering Ron 25 years (as he told Hope during the trip to court), and Ron is holding out for 15. If the state holds firm, I do think Ron will take the 25 before he'd ever take the chance of a jury trial.
I think Ron has decided that 15 years is what he deserves-for Haleigh & the drugs. If he isn't offered that deal, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't snitch. unless he murdered Haleigh, & then he'll take whatever they give him. the 25 years, I guess. I know prison has been a long time coming for Ron, but 25 years...wow. I remember that early jail tape, when Ron said he knew he was gonna go to prison. It was like he was mentally calculating what he felt like he deserved. (like HE was the one in control). I bet at the time, he was thinking less than 10 years.

I think Ron has decided that 15 years is what he deserves, for Haleigh & the drugs. If he isn't offered that deal, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't snitch. unless he murdered Haleigh, & then he'll take whatever they give him. the 25 years, I guess. I know prison has been a long time coming for Ron, but 25 years...wow.

ITA dodie!

But IMO, he deserves well more than that. IMO, had he been held accountable for his actions from the first time he broke the law, it might have changed his outlook on things and HaLeigh might be here today. JMO

IMO, what is the point of setting laws with manditory minimums, if you can always plead down to a lesser charge? IMO, then it doesn't make it manditory, and JMO but i think that is what they all deserve.

As far as Ron having or not having a deal with the state, well, i just think that when it is shown in the dockets that a deal was put on the table and Ron took it, then i will believe that a deal was offered to him.

JMO :)

I doubt Donna got any information from Misty. She would have given it up long ago if she had. :::zero to hero and all that jazz:::

My guess is that the state was offering Ron 25 years (as he told Hope during the trip to court), and Ron is holding out for 15. If the state holds firm, I do think Ron will take the 25 before he'd ever take the chance of a jury trial.

I think you're right on both accounts - Donna doesn't know anything and there's no way I could imagine Ron sitting in a court room listening to evidence against him.
Oh, but I would love to observe him in a trial setting. Think he'd give a repeat performance and fall to the ground in tears?
jmo

I think you're right on both accounts - Donna doesn't know anything and there's no way I could imagine Ron sitting in a court room listening to evidence against him.
Oh, but I would love to observe him in a trial setting. Think he'd give a repeat performance and fall to the ground in tears?
jmo

Yes. I think he would. I think he will take this to trial and he will think he can sway the jury and justify his actions on his daughter being stole. I think he thinks he can beat the system.

Yes. I think he would. I think he will take this to trial and he will think he can sway the jury and justify his actions on his daughter being stole. I think he thinks he can beat the system.

ITA and BBM :)

I guess he is going off of past experience....He wasn't convicted before, why should this time around be any different? I just hope that the jury will see right through him and i honestly hope (i don't know if they are allowed to) that the prosecution can bring up all the other drug charges he has been arrested on in the past. JMO

:)

Well, what Ron doesn't know is that there is no beating the system if a jury gets to see those video tapes. He may be betting on a jury giving him minimum time though.

Fortunately, he cannot play nark/rat/squeal whatever you call it, for LE anymore, since he has now been outed nationally on that one. So no favors coming in for him. Not that there would be now that Haleigh is missing.

Bring on the trial! I'm chilin my beer. :drink:

BBM:

Ronald may very well think he can beat the system because he has beaten the system so many times in the past. This is just my opinion.

There is no more of a deal for rc than there is any other criminal. Everyone gets the same thing. If you save the state the time and money of a trial, they will knock down some of the charges.

I still say the least rc can get is 25 years, regardless. He likes prison, imo, he has finally found a place where he can be top dog. He will have more money than most inmates so he can buy their fake loyalty(State Prison has very high personal money accounts). It is all about the money for rc. As long as his account is topped out, he is king of the hill. He will love it. He will mess up though, guarantee you.

:Banane35: Let's just get a big frosty keg!!!

:woohoo:

As we watch WBG's sentence (it should be similar to rc's), we can gage how the court works. He is to be sentenced in August, IIRC.

Well, I think Ronald may feel at home in the county jail and has probably made a lot of friends. BUT, prison is a whole 'nother ballgame. I can guarantee you that if Ronald were to tour Angola (Louisiana State Prison), he would be scared out of his mind! He would find out he wasn't nearly as 'tough' as he thought he was.

I agree that Ronald will mess up in prison, Whisperer. Ronald's family may be able to keep his inmate account in good stead for a while, but I cannot see them being able to do it indefinately. Just JMO.

Ronald is going to have to decide just who he is going to hang with in prison, IMO. He may be getting some new tattoo's.

I hope there is no kind of deal whatsoever and he gets a 25 year sentence.

MOO

As we watch WBG's sentence (it should be similar to rc's), we can gage how the court works. He is to be sentenced in August, IIRC.

WBG is another one that needs to do some hard time, IMO. It's about time for drug offenders to get what is coming to them.

Are we on Countdown? We need one of those big clock timers on the site..heck, I'm getting excited!! :woohoo:

Are we on Countdown? We need one of those big clock timers on the site..heck, I'm getting excited!! :woohoo:

Great idea! Anyone know where to get a link and then be able to see it?

I have no idea what State Prison is like in Florida. Out here, if you get a mental health tag, it is not bad. I wonder if that game has reached Florida.

rc is on meds, in fact they all are, I'm sure they wouldn't pass that up. rc will play whatever game there is...he was pretty slick before jail, I can just imagine all the new tricks he'll be learning...

I just hope that RC cannot in any way shape or form pretend anymore that he is an undercover cop of some sort. I hope his days of playing important guy/victim is over. IMO , he liked young girls because he could mold them into his personal sex and drug slaves. If the court system had stopped him years ago Haleigh might well be alive today. I also think that he and ANY parent who leaves a child in the care of a person on drugs or alcohol should be charged if some harm comes to the child. I am so sick of these poor kids who are harmed and abused by the people their parent has around them.
I also hope that LE in that part of FL keeps a close eye on the whole clan of people related to RC and MC. Sounds as if a lot of drug problems would come to an end if more of that family goes to jail. JMO

snipped

I hope there is no kind of deal whatsoever and he gets a 25 year sentence.

MOO

I think there will be a deal offered by the state to avoid the expense of a trial. That is a fairly common occurrence. I can't say for sure RC would take such an offer, but such an offer may be made. The deal could be a guarantee for the minimum on all charges, to be served concurrently, in exchange for a Nolo plea. If he goes to trial he may come out much the same, but risks the chance of more than the minimum on one or more of his charges. We'll have to wait and see if he takes that risk since, IMO, the risk may not be high.

Do we know if his final plea date is 7/9 or not? From the docket it looks like the final plea date continuance was granted, but there is no new date listed. If no new date is listed, could that mean he has to plea tomorrow? I am thinking if he doesn't have to plea on the 9th, he will wait til the trial date (the 19th) and then plead...and sentencing won't be til August or September. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces