Rosie Bids Adieu to "The View" (maybe 4/25/07)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think there were negotiations. I think that's all a cover story and that Rosie was fired after her obscene and disgusting performance at the awards luncheon on Monday.

that makes sense .... meanwhile, Star Jones supposedly has an upcoming Court TV show .... :cool:

...And TMZ has confirmed that "View" honchos are already searching for her replacement."...

I suggest that they shave a silverback gorilla and train him to fling his feces around the room. Most people would just assume that Rosie was still there...

I'm glad she's going. As soon as she's gone, I'll start watching it again. It's called "The View," so now that she's going, maybe we will really get more than one view (and not just Rosie's).

I can't stand her. She's one pushy woman.

WOW... a bad American? Why? Because she said what she believed, even though it went against what our "President"'s views were? Because she may have not believed in the war, but you better believe she was there showing support for our troops.

I don't think there were negotiations. I think that's all a cover story and that Rosie was fired after her obscene and disgusting performance at the awards luncheon on Monday.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/wire/sns-ap-tv-odonnell-exits,0,5149113.story?coll=ny-entertainment-utility

O'Donnell made more than $3 million for her season on "The View." ABC was willing to spend more to keep her, but wanted a three-year deal so it didn't have to worry about O'Donnell as a potential competitor. She could easily command her own talk show for much more money: She was making some $30million a year before "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" shut down in 2002.

Bill Carroll, an expert in the syndication market for Katz Television, said he's inclined to believe the explanation that it was a contract dispute that ended O'Donnell's stay. If ABC was fearful of what she would say, O'Donnell wouldn't be kept on the air until June, he said

http://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...0,5149113.story?coll=ny-entertainment-utility

O'Donnell made more than $3 million for her season on "The View." ABC was willing to spend more to keep her, but wanted a three-year deal so it didn't have to worry about O'Donnell as a potential competitor. She could easily command her own talk show for much more money: She was making some $30million a year before "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" shut down in 2002.

Bill Carroll, an expert in the syndication market for Katz Television, said he's inclined to believe the explanation that it was a contract dispute that ended O'Donnell's stay. If ABC was fearful of what she would say, O'Donnell wouldn't be kept on the air until June, he said

There's always satellite radio.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04242007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

MOO:
Sometimes I think people shoot themselves in the foot on purpose.

Thanks for the link. How disgusting. What is equally disgusting is the people who are making excuses for her, like saying that Rosie is provocative, Rosie is a comedian, Rosie was wonderful...Sick!!

Rosie was way over the top and very inappropriate. Is she on medication? If so, she needs to increase the dosage. If not, she needs to be prescribed some.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268380,00.html

Interesting article by Fox. Doesn't Rosie hate Fox?

You are right! I thought that was interesting coming from FOX.

Already I've heard DT (yes he gives me the DT's when I see or hear him) will be on Scarborough Country tonight talking about Rosie. I'm sure he's already recorded segments for other shows as well. :sick:

Thanks for the link. How disgusting. What is equally disgusting is the people who are making excuses for her, like saying that Rosie is provocative, Rosie is a comedian, Rosie was wonderful...Sick!!

Rosie was way over the top and very inappropriate. Is she on medication? If so, she needs to increase the dosage. If not, she needs to be prescribed some.

Rosie has an "Ask Ro" section to her blog. This was one of the questions/comments along with her response:
==========
http://www.rosie.com/blog/sections/ask-ro/
sharon writes:
As a mother of one of the girls at the dinner yesterday, you were disgusting, and should be ashamed to call yourself a mother. Go tell your daugther to bite you.
i am sure u would have done better sharon
next year
u can host
bite me

============

:doh:

Rosie has an "Ask Ro" section to her blog. This was one of the questions/comments along with her response:
==========
http://www.rosie.com/blog/sections/ask-ro/

sharon writes:
As a mother of one of the girls at the dinner yesterday, you were disgusting, and should be ashamed to call yourself a mother. Go tell your daugther to bite you.​
i am sure u would have done better sharon
next year
u can host
bite me

============

:doh:

Yep, that Rosie is class act.

A couple of my friends were at this event (male & female) and said this thing was completely exaggerated and that most of the crowd seemed to love Rosie.

A couple of my friends were at this event (male & female) and said this thing was completely exaggerated and that most of the crowd seemed to love Rosie.

I don't see where it matters that "most" of the crowd seemed to love her. Rosie should have known her crowd and tweaked her comments accordingly.

She may talk to her kids a certain way, but she should respect how others may or may not communicate with their children.

Just my 2 cents. :silenced:

I don't mind at all the subjects that Rosie wants to talk about,in fact I find them quite interesting. What I don't like,is the way she goes about it. I don't like her "bully' tactics.

For example: The Tom Selleck scenerio,she caught him off guard,he even stated he would come back again on her show to discuss the gun issue,but for this show they planned to talk about his movie. She would not budge,and made Tom,her guest,feel uncomfortable. She bamboozled him.

Another: Not long ago on the "View",she was on a long and loud tangent about something,when one of the other woman tried to get a word in,she raised her hand for the woman to stop speaking and yelled "Wait a minute!" and went on and on until the time ran out.

There's more,but you get the idea. There are ways to have discussion about controversial subjects ... but Rosie's got to calm down and learn that her opinion is not the only one that counts.

bow.gif
clap.gif
clap2.gif

I've always liked u Nan ;)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04242007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

MOO:
Sometimes I think people shoot themselves in the foot on purpose.
:eek: <----reacting to the link and her behavior at the luncheon.

She has lost it, imo.....

I used to really like her a lot, she had an endearing quality about her, early in her career. But in recent years, she has gotten so vulgar, opinionated, boorish and rude, I have been done with her for a long time.

good for The View - maybe I'll start watching it again.

C'ya Rosie! dont' let the back door hit ya....

imo

I wholeheartedly agree. At least she gets people talking. I would take her anyday over Elizabeth who gets worked up to the point of tears when trying to defend her views.

Whether you love or hate Rosie, there is certainly no need to call her rude names. That's just not necessary, IMO.

Thanks Masterj. There's really no need to call someone fat or comment on how they look simply because you disagree with them. What does one have to do with the other?

I like Rosie ability to make no topic taboo. She can be extremely pushy and get on my last nerve, too. But I'll take her over Hasselbeck any day. At least Rosie discusses topics that are more important than reality TV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin
Back