Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
windovervocalcords said:
Classy post Nova--

wind, I used to have a button that was shaped to look like a sign at a zoo. It read, "Please Don't Feed or Tease the Straight People."

I thought it was hysterical and wore it to school one day. (I was a grad student then, not a teacher and would never have worn it in front of students.)

You'd've thought I arrived in full Nazi regalia the way people carried on.

Straight people have no idea, God love 'em.

Nova said:
wind, I used to have a button that was shaped to look like a sign at a zoo. It read, "Please Don't Feed or Tease the Straight People."

I thought it was hysterical and wore it to school one day. (I was a grad student then, not a teacher and would never have worn it in front of students.)

You'd've thought I arrived in full Nazi regalia the way people carried on.

Straight people have no idea, God love 'em.
I seem to find that last line of your statement very offensive. You speak as if all "straight" people are stupid and just cannot seem to grasp simple concepts. Perhaps it would be better to speak only for oneself and not insinuate being an "expert" on what "straight" people think.

julianne said:
To me, she's a very angry woman as of late, and her anger boils over all too often. She could do some wonderful things if she fine-tunes her antics in dealing with others.
She was responsible for the demise of her magazine. According to reports, she was a bully to her employees, played backstabbing games, and had a great big chip on her shoulder. The publisher put into place new management to help save the sinking ship and she wouldn't have any of it.

In my mind, she has psychopathic tendencies. I am not a fan of hers at all at this point.

:hand:

MagicRose99 said:
I seem to find that last line of your statement very offensive. You speak as if all "straight" people are stupid and just cannot seem to grasp simple concepts. Perhaps it would be better to speak only for oneself and not insinuate being an "expert" on what "straight" people think.
I interpreted Nova's post differently. How could you object to "God love 'em?"

I do not read Nova's post that he intends to speak for straight people at all.

He speaks his truth as a gay man that straight people have no idea what it is like to be gay.

windovervocalcords said:
I interpreted Nova's post differently. How could you object to "God love 'em?"

I do not read Nova's post that he intends to speak for straight people at all.

He speaks his truth as a gay man that straight people have no idea what it is like to be gay.
OK, enough is enough.

Leave each other alone now. No man really knows another until he walks in the others shoes.

Let it rest.

ember said:
Ahhh, see? It wasn't a "homophobic" thing going on there at all...it was a "man condescending a woman" kind of thing...sexual harrassment...:cool:

geesh! I don't think there was any shady undertones to it at all. The woman just doesn't want someone's sweaty hand over her face/mouth when she's conducting an interview with Emmitt Smith! I don't blame her a bit! :snooty: I was watching...and it was extremely rude of him...she handled it well considering she hadn't really met him until that day... :slap: It is kind of gross...but then again, I Lysol the phones after someone uses them in my office or even in my home at times...a little anal, I know, but ...YUCK!...ya just don't know what's out there... :p

Ok, after checking the whole thing out again..several times to see all the reactions...it seems to me that Clay was out of line...he was kind of arrogant right before that when he wanted his turn to question...may be an attempt to be funny, but still very inappropriate. He pretty much reaches out and crams her face back...kind of awkward...just my imo...see what you think...

The whole incident:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1r6Wh4NasY
Actually she had met Clay Aiken before. Lest we forget, he has been a guest on the show several times - once after the AI final and again when his album came out, that I saw. There could have been more times. Each time she shook his hand, hugged or kissed him. Mind you, she was holding the same hand when they walked out on stage at the beginning of the show and had no problem with "where it had been" then. She also made a remark in the monologue about cats and dogs mating and how Clay "could relate to that". I saw the show and the video - "Honey, I don't know where that hand has been" followed by a side leer to the audience showed sexual inuendo and not a germ phobia. By the way, has anyone seen the other videos on YouTube that shows her doing the same thing to Regis on not one, but three occasions? Are we to assume she was being disrespectful to Regis or is she just a hypocrite? I find the way both of them handled it to be the true test of class - Clay sent flowers and an apology for any offense she may have taken (since he intended none) and joked about it on the American Music Awards. Kelly, on the other hand, has a tirade about it with Regis on the Monday show and acted like a spoiled brat. She still hasn't let it go!

Elliemae said:
OK, enough is enough.

Leave each other alone now. No man really knows another until he walks in the others shoes.

Let it rest.
I love your thought. No one knows another until one walks in their shoes.

Have you walked in Rosie's?

Nova said:
I went away for a few hours to make sure I responded appropriately: I seriously doubt you know what you are talking about.

Even those of us gay people who live in "gay ghettos" still function simultaneously inside the straight world. I'm not talking about being in the closet; I mean we have straight parents, children, friends, colleagues, etc.

To really be prejudiced against a group, you have to stand somewhat outside the members of that group. With almost no exceptions, gay people can't and don't have the "distance" to be prejudiced against heterosexuals.

Now, you may have heard the occasional joke about "breeders" or something similar. Those jokes are ironic and, frankly, defensive. We can discuss whether they are appropriate, but they do not reflect any true "prejudice" against our mothers, children, sisters, brothers, etc.

(ETA: To my everlasting sorrow, gay people are not exempt from the other prejudices of our day and time: racism, sexism, etc. We ought to know better and I cannot tell you how much it grieves me that all of us do not.)

I heard someone say this morining that gay men were the new "soccer moms." I thought it was hysterical. They're the ones now moving to the burbs, driving suburbans with two baby seats in the back seat and attending all the PTA meetings.

Elliemae said:
She was responsible for the demise of her magazine. According to reports, she was a bully to her employees, played backstabbing games, and had a great big chip on her shoulder. The publisher put into place new management to help save the sinking ship and she wouldn't have any of it.

In my mind, she has psychopathic tendencies. I am not a fan of hers at all at this point.

:hand:

I agree. Gay or straight, she seems like a to me.

Jeana (DP) said:
I agree. Gay or straight, she seems like a to me.

Couldn't agree more. Couldn't care less what her sexual preference is - it doesn't give her a pass on being criticized for being such an obnoxious loudmouth. She can say anything she wants obviously but people will see her lack of class...and her anger. She's an agitator. Sometimes that's ok when you're trying to make a point but her agenda bleeds into everything including incidents unrelated, imo.

Eve

eve said:
Couldn't agree more. Couldn't care less what her sexual preference is - it doesn't give her a pass on being criticized for being such an obnoxious loudmouth. She can say anything she wants obviously but people will see her lack of class...and her anger. She's an agitator. Sometimes that's ok when you're trying to make a point but her agenda bleeds into everything including incidents unrelated, imo.

Eve
Activists are frequently called agitators. She is doing her job if she gets under your skin.

JMO8778 said:
that's something i've noticed about some gay ppl...not all of them, but some seem to predjudiced against str 8 ppl.
OMG now thats the pot calling the kettle black..if u feel that way as a straight person already, maybe u can understand what it means to be gay..thats the majority of teh gay experience..everything being heterosexual..if anyone can give straights a taste of their own medicine, its all owrhtwhile..think about what you are saying..how heterosexist it is to form this opinion..You are showing me how a small taste of being singled out is noticed by those who have had the whole social structure supporting them...sorry..gays have a long way to go to even come close to the amount of heterosexism that goes on everywhere...I think its hilarious that any straight person would be so affronted by comments that do not sit well with them..its really a joke for people to be pointing a finger at heterophobia..its a bit like whites complaining that non-whites are taking their jobs or whatever else is said racially-honestly look at your reactions to this..you are audacious when it happens to you-god..u get it once in a blue moon (if thats even what happened)..and there is a thread on it...everything u say u should turn around and then u will have some understanding of what it means to be gay in a homophobic society..
There is an uproar about comments made by rosie-when everyday, every word spoken is heterosexist..there is a differnce between heterosexism and homophobia..what hets dont seem to get is that by making comments about what rosie meant or didnt mean, shows how think skinned the straight world is -but thats the same group who harm gay people every day-even by their attitudes..most parents can tolerate gays until its their own child..then they freak out..I truly think its hilarious to see all of this uproar over comments made by rosie.
If there was no heterosexism the comments would go unnoticed-anyhow..I also know its hopeless to educate those who dont want to get it..
As for the comment..god love em...if anyone wants to take that and make it a slight-u r really stretching- if gays were referred to as , god love em..it would be fine..better than what is said most of the time.
But I think nova meant it as, but, for the grace of god go I..or forgive them lord for they know not what they do.
For straights to be pouncing on such small comments in order to twist them into something heterophobic is amusing..enjoy the process...because its not even on the register compared to what gay people have been thru.
(may I clarify that I do not think Novas comments problematic..nor do I think rosie is a -or all things evil for being large and opinionated and bold and imposing..god..thats the ral issue- most women would prefer other women gay or straight to sit quietly in the corner..rosie doesnt- thats the biggest issue people have and then they turn it into fodder for the subtle gay bashing that is so acceptable in the straight world.

Since this has turned into a gay thread.. hehe.. you know who I like and I think has CLASS, Ellen DeGeneres. Now that is one lady I just adore.

newtv said:
OMG now thats the pot calling the kettle black..if u feel that way as a straight person already, maybe u can understand what it means to be gay..thats the majority of teh gay experience..everything being heterosexual..if anyone can give straights a taste of their own medicine, its all owrhtwhile..think about what you are saying..how heterosexist it is to form this opinion..You are showing me how a small taste of being singled out is noticed by those who have had the whole social structure supporting them...sorry..gays have a long way to go to even come close to the amount of heterosexism that goes on everywhere...I think its hilarious that any straight person would be so affronted by comments that do not sit well with them..its really a joke for people to be pointing a finger at heterophobia..its a bit like whites complaining that non-whites are taking their jobs or whatever else is said racially-honestly look at your reactions to this..you are audacious when it happens to you-god..u get it once in a blue moon (if thats even what happened)..and there is a thread on it...everything u say u should turn around and then u will have some understanding of what it means to be gay in a homophobic society..
There is an uproar about comments made by rosie-when everyday, every word spoken is heterosexist..there is a differnce between heterosexism and homophobia..what hets dont seem to get is that by making comments about what rosie meant or didnt mean, shows how think skinned the straight world is -but thats the same group who harm gay people every day-even by their attitudes..most parents can tolerate gays until its their own child..then they freak out..I truly think its hilarious to see all of this uproar over comments made by rosie.
If there was no heterosexism the comments would go unnoticed-anyhow..I also know its hopeless to educate those who dont want to get it..
As for the comment..god love em...if anyone wants to take that and make it a slight-u r really stretching- if gays were referred to as , god love em..it would be fine..better than what is said most of the time.
But I think nova meant it as, but, for the grace of god go I..or forgive them lord for they know not what they do.
For straights to be pouncing on such small comments in order to twist them into something heterophobic is amusing..enjoy the process...because its not even on the register compared to what gay people have been thru.
(may I clarify that I do not think Novas comments problematic..nor do I think rosie is a -or all things evil for being large and opinionated and bold and imposing..god..thats the ral issue- most women would prefer other women gay or straight to sit quietly in the corner..rosie doesnt- thats the biggest issue people have and then they turn it into fodder for the subtle gay bashing that is so acceptable in the straight world.
Good one! I completely agree.

Rosie doesn't know her "place". Nor will she be diplomatic or "demure". She's a larger than life dyke with a big mouth. If she's a , I say, "you go girl".

Some folks who criticize Rosie would be standing up for Ann Coulter's rights to her hate speech.

Rosie is provocative, she is not hateful. There is plenty of evidence that she has a huge heart. I would say a lion heart. Takes enormous courage to do what she does.

PaperDoll said:
Since this has turned into a gay thread.. hehe.. you know who I like and I think has CLASS, Ellen DeGeneres. Now that is one lady I just adore.
I remember when she was doing local commercials in Eugene, Oregon. Used to see her out and about in the clubs.

windovervocalcords said:
Activists are frequently called agitators. She is doing her job if she gets under your skin.

"Her job?" Is she an official mouthpiece now? I thought she was a talk show co-host, at the moment. I realize this includes a certain amount of just plain gossip and dishing, and I support free speech. Still, for her to read so much into Kelly Ripa's remark, to me, is ridiculous. "I don't know where your hand has been," is a smart alec thing many people might say. I didn't hear Rosie but did any of the other View hosts banter with her about this at all? Or is it just assumed Rosie is the expert on gay sensitivities?

She gets under my skin because she is rude in her presentation of her own views. It's her way or the highway. Sorry I don't respect that attitude.

Eve

eve said:
"Her job?" Is she an official mouthpiece now? I thought she was a talk show co-host, at the moment. I realize this includes a certain amount of just plain gossip and dishing, and I support free speech. Still, for her to read so much into Kelly Ripa's remark, to me, is ridiculous. "I don't know where your hand has been," is a smart alec thing many people might say. I didn't hear Rosie but did any of the other View hosts banter with her about this at all? Or is it just assumed Rosie is the expert on gay sensitivities?

She gets under my skin because she is rude in her presentation of her own views. It's her way or the highway. Sorry I don't respect that attitude.

Eve
She is an activist and she is a co-host.

She has always been brash. What really bothers everyone is the topic she won't be quiet about. Keeps bringing homophobia into everyone's face.

She just won't stop reminding everyone that she is a big,fat, mouthy NY dyke.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back