Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
julianne said:
...Then, in talking to my sister, she raised many points that also struck a chord with me. So, I guess if anything, I am certainly not concrete in my opinions about her. Honestly, there have been many many times I have supported her and echoed Rosies comments 100%---the ONLY time my opinion started to sway of her was when she mimicked an epileptic seizure on stage and made fun of epilepsy. Again, that is another perception of mine, as I am sure Rosie wouldn't give the same commentary on her antics...

In addition to your other good points, julianne, you make the excellent one that not all gay people have the same opinion.

To take but one example, I don't agree with O'Donnell's impression of Ripa's remark as homophobic. I've only been arguing that I can understand how it might appear so to another gay person (particularly one with O'Donnell's public profile).

windovervocalcords said:
And if you are correct, that O'Donnell knew all about Aitken being the object of homophobic remarks on the internet and in other media she would have thought he needed defending.

I promise you she knows. O'Donnell watches Bravo the same as the rest of us. (BTW, I do not believe Kathy Griffin's routine is homophobic. On the contrary, her view of Aiken is like that of many gay people: "You're not kidding anyone, so get it over with and come out.")

Honestly, I don't think it has as much to do with homophobia as it has to do with Kelly being "Top Dog". I don't know if she does it to Regis per an agreement over how they do the show or if she just does it and she goes along with it.

It was quite obvious that she was not expecting it, and she became flustered on air and upset and angry. She could have handled it better, I think she is getting to be a bit too diva-like for her own good. Sort of how Kathie Lee was, too IMO.

I have seen a LOT of females in front of the camera in professional situations, and some of them always manage to behave very professionally and others, well, are a legend in their own mind. This is the kind of behavior I interpreted from Kelly's body language, to me it was "How dare you put your hand on my mouth, I AM THE STAR" rather than
"That's dirty and I don't know where that has been". Especially the scolding she gave him for doing it.

BirdieBoo said:
Honestly, I don't think it has as much to do with homophobia as it has to do with Kelly being "Top Dog". I don't know if she does it to Regis per an agreement over how they do the show or if she just does it and she goes along with it.

It was quite obvious that she was not expecting it, and she became flustered on air and upset and angry. She could have handled it better, I think she is getting to be a bit too diva-like for her own good. Sort of how Kathie Lee was, too IMO.

I have seen a LOT of females in front of the camera in professional situations, and some of them always manage to behave very professionally and others, well, are a legend in their own mind. This is the kind of behavior I interpreted from Kelly's body language, to me it was "How dare you put your hand on my mouth, I AM THE STAR" rather than
"That's dirty and I don't know where that has been". Especially the scolding she gave him for doing it.

Well put, Birdie. I think you are exactly right.

Nova said:
I promise you she knows. O'Donnell watches Bravo the same as the rest of us. (BTW, I do not believe Kathy Griffin's routine is homophobic. On the contrary, her view of Aiken is like that of many gay people: "You're not kidding anyone, so get it over with and come out.")
Kathy cracks me up when she goes on her Clay tirades.

Drat I'm always late to the good threads. Anyway just a quick comment about being an activist. Anyone who posts on websleuths regarding the horrible crimes we see committed in the world could also be considered an activist so no we don't need any special credentials.

Rosie O Donnel is a mouthy, button pushing big ol' dyke but that doesn't mean that she isn't vulnerable and it does make her exposed but that's what she feels she needs to do to stay true to herself so I applaud her for that. She isn't perfect but she speaks passionately about issues that touch her personally.

I have no experience of Ms Ripa or Mr Aiken but I hope it was all a misunderstanding and people can move on.

I do like Kathy Griffiths though, she's hilarious in a snarky way lol.

blaize

Dear blaize,

I love you. (Not in a creepy stalkerish way, just in a friendly, wow-that-was-well-put, WS kind of way. Of course.)

Nova

Nova said:
Dear blaize,

I love you. (Not in a creepy stalkerish way, just in a friendly, wow-that-was-well-put, WS kind of way. Of course.)

Nova
Hi Nova i love you back in that special non-stalkerish WS kindof a way too.

blaize

Nova said:
She might have, but Mario Lopez hasn't been called "Homopez" in Kathy Griffin's routines. O'Donnell might not have made the same connection with Lopez.

But this has nothing to do with whether Aiken is actually gay or Lopez is actually straight. It has to do with the way they have been perceived in the media (including the internet).
Which really wasn't my point at all. I used Lopez as an example (could be anyone!!)
I just wondered if Rosie thought what Kelly did was wrong or who Kelly actually did it to??!!

czechmate7 said:
Which really wasn't my point at all. I used Lopez as an example (could be anyone!!)
I just wondered if Rosie thought what Kelly did was wrong or who Kelly actually did it to??!!

czech, I assumed you chose Lopez randomly. But I took him to an example of a celebrity NOT widely assumed to be gay. (I could be wrong about that. I don't know that much about him, except he was robbed on Dancing with the Stars.)

I was just trying to be fair in my response: yes, I think the fact that Aiken is widely perceived to be gay and that he has been widely ridiculed as such may have affected O'Donnell's perception of Ripa's remark. (But that doesn't mean she knows he is gay. I doubt Aiken confides in O'Donnell, though of course I don't know either of them.)

If I misunderstood your point, it wasn't intentional. Sorry.

ETA: I don't know what O'Donnell thinks at this point, but I believe she initially thought Ripa was using a homophobic reference to attack Aiken. Which would be wrong, whether or not Aiken is gay and whether or not he minded the remark.

Nova said:
czech, I assumed you chose Lopez randomly. But I took him to an example of a celebrity NOT widely assumed to be gay. (I could be wrong about that. I don't know that much about him, except he was robbed on Dancing with the Stars.)

I was just trying to be fair in my response: yes, I think the fact that Aiken is widely perceived to be gay and that he has been widely ridiculed as such may have affected O'Donnell's perception of Ripa's remark. (But that doesn't mean she knows he is gay. I doubt Aiken confides in O'Donnell, though of course I don't know either of them.)

If I misunderstood your point, it wasn't intentional. Sorry.

ETA: I don't know what O'Donnell thinks at this point, but I believe she initially thought Ripa was using a homophobic reference to attack Aiken. Which would be wrong, whether or not Aiken is gay and whether or not he minded the remark.
Really......you think Lopez was robbed:waitasec: ????? I dunno'..Emmett was the underdog...everybody feels sorry for the underdog (which is probably why he really won !!)

czechmate7 said:
Really......you think Lopez was robbed:waitasec: ????? I dunno'..Emmett was the underdog...everybody feels sorry for the underdog (which is probably why he really won !!)

I'm sure you're right. It was why everyone I know voted for him.

I thought Smith was certainly "most improved," but that's not usually how contests are decided.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back