Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
julianne said:
The signs in the bathrooms for restaurant employees say "Wash your hands"---they don't say that in case the person is gay.

ROFLOL!

Any idea if Kelly had anything to say about the video of her putting her hand over Regis' mouth, several times?

I haven't had a chance to read this entire thread, but just wondering how many of us would want someone to put their hand over our mouth? I think Kelly reacted like many of us would have.

I use to like the view, but now it seems to have turned into "Rosie's View" and no one else can really get a word in w/ her or dare voice their opinion if it's other than hers.

kimmy_q_sky said:
I saw the original show, then I saw Kelly on the Monday, then I saw the VIEW with Rosie..........did Kelly say something else after she phoned on the View?? Thanks

Hi Kimmi,

From what I understand she (Kelly) addressed it again on her own show the next day after talking to Rosie, but I may be wrong on that. Hopefully if that is incorrect someone else can jump in here. Just wanted to reply your post.

southernpixie said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmQPV4L8VdM

Don't know if that link will work, but, yes she did get into it the next show.
FYI, that video is from the show where she first told Regis about the incident with Clay. I don't believe the incident was talked about on their next show with the exception of Regis making two brief remarks about "there being enough feuds on this show" and something about his own hands being clean. Both times he was trying to be a little funny, IMO, and Kelly didn't say anything in response.

Sally said:
Great post. I think you are right about Rosie. There was a time (years ago)when I really enjoyed watching her in anything. She was funny and entertaining. Now she just seems angry all the time.

I agree.. I use to really like Rosie.. not anymore though, and it has NOTHING to do with her being gay... I always knew she was... it's her attitude that has changed and she does seem angry a lot.... I feel like she is on a mission to change the world into her way of thinking... hehe :D oh well, live and let live I guess...

Taximom said:
FYI, that video is from the show where she first told Regis about the incident with Clay. I don't believe the incident was talked about on their next show with the exception of Regis making two brief remarks about "there being enough feuds on this show" and something about his own hands being clean. Both times he was trying to be a little funny, IMO, and Kelly didn't say anything in response.
Sorry - that is what I meant by next show. Her discussing it with Regis. Technically, that was the next show. Sorry if I implied something else - didn't mean to.

southernpixie said:
Sorry - that is what I meant by next show. Her discussing it with Regis. Technically, that was the next show. Sorry if I implied something else - didn't mean to.
Instead of "next" I should have said a "following" show. Or a show that occured sometime after the incident.......:silenced:

southernpixie said:
Instead of "next" I should have said a "following" show. Or a show that occured sometime after the incident.......:silenced:
I misunderstood because I thought some here were asking if Kelly said anything on-air after the phone call with Rosie. As far as I know, she didn't.

According to BaBaWaWa, all is well.

LOL. Whew.

PaperDoll said:
I agree.. I use to really like Rosie.. not anymore though, and it has NOTHING to do with her being gay... I always knew she was... it's her attitude that has changed and she does seem angry a lot.... I feel like she is on a mission to change the world into her way of thinking.

I'm with you...I used to watch her talk show everyday and loved her. I knew she was gay...so what...it doesn't matter to me. But something happened. I don't know what...maybe this is the real Rosie and when she was doing her show she just acted nice...but she is just a nasty woman now and I don't watch anything that has her on it.

I can't imagine what was going on in Barbara Walters mind when she signed Rosie on for The View. I'm sure Rosie dominates every conversation and has to have every topic be about her and her causes...or her beliefs.

And I wonder how all her children are doing? You can't tell me that her negativity shuts off when she is at home. I'm sure her children are exposed to her nastiness (and bitterness) on an hourly basis. They'll probably all be bitter adults like their mom.

Taximom said:
I misunderstood because I thought some here were asking if Kelly said anything on-air after the phone call with Rosie. As far as I know, she didn't.

According to BaBaWaWa, all is well.

LOL. Whew.

I think Barbara Walters just decided to flat out not go there! She probably has had enough after the whole Star Jones fiasco. She shut Rosie and the whole thing down with one statement and never got into who was right/wrong. Just "take it somewhere else" seemed to be her attitude!

PaperDoll said:
I agree.. I use to really like Rosie.. not anymore though, and it has NOTHING to do with her being gay... I always knew she was... it's her attitude that has changed and she does seem angry a lot.... I feel like she is on a mission to change the world into her way of thinking... hehe :D oh well, live and let live I guess...

I think you're right. And the fact is "nice" people don't change the world. Political activists tend to be rather grating; but where would we be without them?

"I'm with you...I used to watch her talk show everyday and loved her. I knew she was gay...so what...it doesn't matter to me. But something happened. I don't know what...maybe this is the real Rosie and when she was doing her show she just acted nice...but she is just a nasty woman now and I don't watch anything that has her on it.

I can't imagine what was going on in Barbara Walters mind when she signed Rosie on for The View"

I thought it was just my own prception of her,,,,,yes, there there seems to be an underlying bitter nastiness to Rosie now. She was NOT like this back when she had her own show.

I don't know if it has anything to do with her sexual orientation or not. (I don't really care whether an entertainer is gay or straight)

I always really enjoyed wtching The View. I still watch it sometimes, but do find myself turning it off. Too much Rosie, Rosie, Rosie for me.

I think Barbara, at 75, perhaps wanted to find someone strong enough to keep the show going so that she (Barbara) could back away from it somewhat. I don't know how the ratings have been lately. If they are good, I guess Rosie will continue.

But it just seems to be The Rosie O'Donnel Show nowadays, rather than The View.

I'm all for righting the wrongs in the world and have no problem with activists when their cause is worthy and legitimate, but I have no tolerance for those who imagine injustice and prejudice where it doesn't exist. This was not a homophobic issue until Rosie turned it into one. She's cried wolf and I, for one, will be much less likely to take her complaints seriously in the future. However, if she wants to knock Kelly on her butt for being a stuck up little witch, I have no problem with that.

Mabel said:
I'm all for righting the wrongs in the world and have no problem with activists when their cause is worthy and legitimate, but I have no tolerance for those who imagine injustice and prejudice where it doesn't exist. This was not a homophobic issue until Rosie turned it into one. She's cried wolf and I, for one, will be much less likely to take her complaints seriously in the future. However, if she wants to knock Kelly on her butt for being a stuck up little witch, I have no problem with that.

"No tolerance"? O'Donnell just expressed an opinion; she didn't shoot a gun at Ripa or even get her fired.

You demand that anyone who protests injustice be infallible. By that standard, we would have no protests and no change.

Mabel said:
this is so unfair-when a group of people are discriminated against-hated even by many- especially historically, they will see discrimination where the rest of the world doesnt..and it isnt imagined. People are sensitized to their issues and because they see the subtleties and nuances of it where others do not, doesnt make them malingerers.
Whatever you know, you see- whatever u dont know, u dont see.

It also drives me crazy how people think rosie changed when she came out..she is being herself vs a role that some are more comfortable with than others..she makes her opinions known..she was always the same way-but on a tv show where you are the so called queeen of nice, its impossible to voice them.
The rosie we see is the rosie that has always been- it has nothing to do with her coming out one day- personally I find the refernce to that homophobic..
Its as if she was acceptable before she came out and now that she is OUT, she is all kinds of things that are pejoratives.
Homophobia runs rampant..and if she is wrong every once in a while cut her some slack..its not as if being gay is any easy thing even in 2006 - and especially in the USA.
The right wing would just as soon round them up and kill them.

I'm certian that it's very difficult to be gay, even in 2006, and I applaud the true activists. However, it's my feeling that Rosie, by turning what was simply a matter of bad manners on Clay's part and rudeness on Kelly's into a gay issue has harmed, rather than helped, the cause. If Rosie wants to protest real issues, I'll be among the first in line to support her. But if she's going to attack anyone who sneezes as being homophobic I can't take her seriously.

It's my impression that Kelly treated Clay just like she would have treated ANY man who acted as he did. Why does Rosie think Clay should be singled out to be treated differently? Clay has shown great class, IMO, in defending his right to keep his sexuality private. Rosie totally disrespected him first by "outing" him, secondly by turning it into a homophobic incident, and thirdly by butting her nose in at all. Clay is a big boy, able to handle himself quite well from what I've seen. Rosie's "help" was the last thing he needed.

newtv said:
I disagree completely.

There may be a FEW people on the right (and those of other political persuasions, too) that may be so inclined, but IMO, it's really, really wrong for you to generalize that way. One of my dearest friends is gay and I lean right. That doesn't make me want to 'round him up and kill him'!

newtv said:
this is so unfair-when a group of people are discriminated against-hated even by many- especially historically, they will see discrimination where the rest of the world doesnt..and it isnt imagined. People are sensitized to their issues and because they see the subtleties and nuances of it where others do not, doesnt make them malingerers.
Whatever you know, you see- whatever u dont know, u dont see.

It also drives me crazy how people think rosie changed when she came out..she is being herself vs a role that some are more comfortable with than others..she makes her opinions known..she was always the same way-but on a tv show where you are the so called queeen of nice, its impossible to voice them.
The rosie we see is the rosie that has always been- it has nothing to do with her coming out one day- personally I find the refernce to that homophobic..
Its as if she was acceptable before she came out and now that she is OUT, she is all kinds of things that are pejoratives.
Homophobia runs rampant..and if she is wrong every once in a while cut her some slack..its not as if being gay is any easy thing even in 2006 - and especially in the USA.

Great post, newtv.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back