Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
southernpixie said:
I could have really done without putting in my two cents until I saw the youtube (BTW isn't that the greatest???) of the next show where Ripa really did "rip" into Clay. It could have all ended with Rosie's comments and Ripa's call into The View and that be that but, NO. Ripa had to go beyond the "point of no return" the following show. That is what I find so classless and unprofessional! IMO, hindsight! After all is said and done and you have time to think is when you can really tear into it and that is what Ripa did. She didn't let it go as so said she had on the call to The View. On the View she said it was water under the bridge. Apparently it wasn't.
Well, today she walked out holding Regis's (or is it Regis') hand and later inhaled from a small oxygen inhaler that Regis said had been passed around the crew. I know he was kidding (hopefully!) but she didn't have any qualms about putting her mouth around that.:waitasec:

Jacobi said:
Here's an interesting video of Kelly putting her hand over Regis' mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50d3tw6Lk1k

Thanks. Your link also led me to the original clip.

I think a big part of what O'Donnell was reacting to isn't just what Ripa said, but the way she said it in a sort of leering aside to the audience. One absolutely legitimate interpretation of that leer is that Ripa is referring to some unmentioned (and perhaps unmentionable) thing about the "hand" in question. I can certainly see why O'Donnell reacted.

On the other hand, another fair way to read that moment is that Ripa is genuinely annoyed, but is trying to lighten the moment by making a joke. In the process, the "I don't know where that hand has been" came out awkwardly.

But as delivered, it doesn't sound like a simple statement of fact concerning flu germs. That it ain't.

southernpixie said:
:clap:
I couldn't agree more. I have seen her do it numerous times. I also agree (not saying I like her) with Rosie's comments about Clay being a guest, a "newbie" to all of this, etc. It was inappropriate for Ripa. She is way more seasoned than Clay and should have certainly been able to handle it in a much more professional manner.

Like I said, they all got the exposure that they need to be sustained. If you watched any of the view and say Joy (again, not saying I like her) she made the comment about "keeping this going indefinately" HAHA

And round and round we go, shouldn't Rosie have known better than to speak out so quickly?

I see it from a few different points of 'view' (ha ha). I can see Rosie hearing it as a dis to a gay person as she is openly gay herself and she and many others DO face hardships -unfairly- sometimes daily because of being gay! I guess Rosie 'thinks' Clay is gay and as he's had so much negative publicity about it she spoke up for him. Right or wrong I think she meant well.

I don't feel a bit sorry for Kelly in regards to Rosie, she called into the View and told Rosie off. Score settled.

I think the gesture of covering someones mouth is a little invasive, I would NOT be happy and I can see Kelly reacting in a very reflex type of way. She sure looked taken off gaurd. She probably should have waited until after the show but I can understand the natural reaction.

If I catch my kids eating with their fingers (pizza, fruit that kind of thing) or putting something in their mouth (breaking lego apart that kind of thing) I have said 'ewwww, where have your hands been or where has that object been" So when Kelly said that to Clay that's what I thought she meant BUT that's because of MY life experience. We're not all carbon copies of eachother and neither are our thoughts or reactions.

Honestly, I think they all made a mistake. Hindsight is 20/20.

Jubie

southernpixie said:
I could have really done without putting in my two cents until I saw the youtube (BTW isn't that the greatest???) of the next show where Ripa really did "rip" into Clay. It could have all ended with Rosie's comments and Ripa's call into The View and that be that but, NO. Ripa had to go beyond the "point of no return" the following show. That is what I find so classless and unprofessional! IMO, hindsight! After all is said and done and you have time to think is when you can really tear into it and that is what Ripa did. She didn't let it go as so said she had on the call to The View. On the View she said it was water under the bridge. Apparently it wasn't.

I agree 100%! And frankly, Ripa's low-rent behavior baffles me. Aiken didn't make an issue of the hand comment. Why did Ripa think it over and decide to rip into him?

ETA: Jubie's post above is also very well put. :clap:

Right on, Jubie! I think a mountain (or volcano) has been made out of a mole hill. They all (and I mean ALL) reacted with reflex and knee-jerk reaction. I think Clay reacted as best he knew how given that Ripa wouldn't shut up, I think that Ripa reacted as best she could given her over-the-top, look at me persona and I think that Rosie reacted as best she could given her very public crucification about being gay (whether you like the way she came out or you don't). All was heat of the moment and all was filled with passion being right or wrong.

Even though I feel that way, I still am baffled (as Nova put it) at Ripa's tirade the next show.....LET IT GO It was totally uncalled for! :waitasec:

Nova and Southernpixie,

Thanks for nice comments. :)

I didn't realize Kelly went on about it today, very poor taste.

Jubie

Jacobi said:

I thought I remembered seeing her put her hand over Regis' mouth. I don't particularly care for Kelly, but now my opinion of her is very low.

Clay has been asked about the incident on many occasions, and politely replies "No comment". On the other hand, Kelly goes on her show and totally bashes Clay. That just proves to me how low class she is.

Did anyone see the AMA's last night when Tori Spelling put her hand over Clay's mouth and said "I tell you later where that hand has been"? It was very funny.

I think Kelly needs to get a grip!

spclk said:
Jacobi said:

I thought I remembered seeing her put her hand over Regis' mouth. I don't particularly care for Kelly, but now my opinion of her is very low.

Clay has been asked about the incident on many occasions, and politely replies "No comment". On the other hand, Kelly goes on her show and totally bashes Clay. That just proves to me how low class she is.

Did anyone see the AMA's last night when Tori Spelling put her hand over Clay's mouth and said "I tell you later where that hand has been"? It was very funny.

I think Kelly needs to get a grip!
Here's the YouTube link to the AMA part with Tori Spelling & Clay Aiken - I didn't see it, am glad you mentioned it - it's funny!!

Geez I am surprised by all the comments here.......I seen both shows & thought nothing of it. Kelly was just being Kelly, I think she can be snippy when she wants to be....

Rosie should of kept out of it / Clay is a big boy & should be able to take care of himself / if not get out of the limelight!

Kelly has done numerous cross dressing events, I can't imagine her being phobic about gays, lol.

cheko1 said:
Geez I am surprised by all the comments here.......I seen both shows & thought nothing of it. Kelly was just being Kelly, I think she can be snippy when she wants to be....

Rosie should of kept out of it / Clay is a big boy & should be able to take care of himself / if not get out of the limelight!

I agree. After seeing the video, it's clear that Clay was just attempting to have some fun while making the point that Kelly needed to give him an opportunity to get a word in edgewise. Kelly acted like a brat. Even if it truly bothered her that Clay put his hand on her mouth, she should have been more professional and saved her snippy comments for after the show.

There was no homophobic event. Not only did Rosie make an *advertiser censored* of herself, but she also disrespected Clay by labeling him as gay when he's made it quite clear that his sexual preferences are his own business.

It now looks like all 3 of them really did act rudely and inappropriately towards each other. I can't believe that I'm even posting because I don't particularly like any of them, especially Rosie after the way I saw her treat Tom Selleck on her talk show years ago.

I haven't read through all the comments here,but I'm putting my 2 cents in. Rosie blew this out of proportion by opening her big mouth. I watched the clip last night and the thing between Kelly/Clay was just no big deal. Then Rosie had to step in. I think SHE is uncomfortable with her sexuality.despite the fact that she has come out. She always seems to make an issue of it.(her comment about Gayle and Oprah). Who cares?? If you are comfortable in your own skin,why does it matter about everyone else? I used to love Rosie when she had her own show,but this is a group of women,not the Rosie show and I hate to watch it now,as she seems to totally dominate the show. I think she's annoying.
As for Kelly,she had every right to call in and respond to Rosie,but now should let it die.

hockeymom said:
I haven't read through all the comments here,but I'm putting my 2 cents in. Rosie blew this out of proportion by opening her big mouth. I watched the clip last night and the thing between Kelly/Clay was just no big deal. Then Rosie had to step in. I think SHE is uncomfortable with her sexuality.despite the fact that she has come out. She always seems to make an issue of it.(her comment about Gayle and Oprah). Who cares?? If you are comfortable in your own skin,why does it matter about everyone else? I used to love Rosie when she had her own show,but this is a group of women,not the Rosie show and I hate to watch it now,as she seems to totally dominate the show. I think she's annoying.
As for Kelly,she had every right to call in and respond to Rosie,but now should let it die.
Great post. I think you are right about Rosie. There was a time (years ago)when I really enjoyed watching her in anything. She was funny and entertaining. Now she just seems angry all the time.

I had seen the clip, but I sat down to watch the entire show. I wanted to see the "hostility" that Clay exibited against Kelly. Personally, I thought they were awesome together. I am not a big Regis & Kelly fan, but I do watch from time to time. I enjoyed the banter between her and Clay. It was obvious that things changed with the hand incident, but other than that I enjoyed them together. You could see on his face that he knew he should not have done it. There was no hostility that I could see. IMHO, if anything, Kelly came off as rather jealous that Clay had so much attention from the audience. The entire thing was blown out of proportion.

Mabel said:
I agree. After seeing the video, it's clear that Clay was just attempting to have some fun while making the point that Kelly needed to give him an opportunity to get a word in edgewise. Kelly acted like a brat. Even if it truly bothered her that Clay put his hand on her mouth, she should have been more professional and saved her snippy comments for after the show.

There was no homophobic event. Not only did Rosie make an *advertiser censored* of herself, but she also disrespected Clay by labeling him as gay when he's made it quite clear that his sexual preferences are his own business.
:clap: As usual, Mabel, you make perfect sense and I totally agree!!! Great post. :clap:

southernpixie said:

I saw the original show, then I saw Kelly on the Monday, then I saw the VIEW with Rosie..........did Kelly say something else after she phoned on the View?? Thanks

Nova said:
Thanks. Your link also led me to the original clip.

I think a big part of what O'Donnell was reacting to isn't just what Ripa said, but the way she said it in a sort of leering aside to the audience. One absolutely legitimate interpretation of that leer is that Ripa is referring to some unmentioned (and perhaps unmentionable) thing about the "hand" in question. I can certainly see why O'Donnell reacted.

On the other hand, another fair way to read that moment is that Ripa is genuinely annoyed, but is trying to lighten the moment by making a joke. In the process, the "I don't know where that hand has been" came out awkwardly.

But as delivered, it doesn't sound like a simple statement of fact concerning flu germs. That it ain't.
I agree- there was more to Kelly's part than not wanting her mouth covered..she behaved like a prima dona in so far as she seemed to think it was her show and the guest should follow her lead..thats not what clay did-he insinuated himself in as an equal..and in many ways he is a more popular star than kelly..and more famous too..I think she just expected him to come and sit down and pretty much only say things that were polite to her and perhaps funny on their own.
I doubt he will ever be asked back though..not that its a big loss. Who cares if they are on the regis and kelly show anyhow..I cant bear to watch it most days. I mean at all..I havent watched it in years..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back