Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A couple of years ago, E! Online's "The Awful Truth" said Clay acted very poorly backstage when he was on Regis and Kelly. So there seems to be some history there.

ETA: From April 2004....

Idle gossip & unconfirmed rumors:
E! Online's TED CASABLANCA gossips in his latest column that CLAY AIKEN is picking up J-LO's diva mantle, pitching a major fit backstage at Live with REGIS and KELLY over being offered the wrong cola.
An assistant made the mistake of offering a Coke, to which Clay snarled, "What part of Pepsi don't you understand?" The girl ran out to a nearby store for a 12-pack of Pepsi — but when she returned, found Clay drinking the Coke. "You took so long, I changed my mind. Forget it," Clay sniffed.

http://www.danoday.com/prep/brittain87.html

spclk said:
I went just now and watched the clips on youtube and Kelly was hogging the interview. I think that Clay's reaction by putting his hand over her mouth was done in jest, for a good laugh. Although I think her reaction to it was a bit childish, I think her tirade on Monday's show was extremely unprofessional. She is a talk show host and should know that criticizing a guest host who is not used to doing this type of work was uncalled for.

If you watch the show alot, you will see that she often interrupts Regis and is somewhat disrespectful to him. She should have just let it go.

As for Rosie, she was trying to defend Clay but probable caused him more trouble by bringing it up again.
I think she accidentally "outed" him, lol. He keeps his private life very private. I'm sure he is real thrilled with her. :rolleyes:

So, I guess everyone is supposed to walk on egg shells and be very careful of every word they say to someone who is or might be gay, according to Rosie. Don't treat them as everyone else? She seems to think that it is fine for someone to violate another person's body with their hand but the victim should just keep their mouth shut. That is more prejudiced against all non homosexuals than any innocent remark made towards Aiken. I think Rosie would have had a fit no matter what Rippa said.

I would love to see/hear Rosie's reaction if anyone ever tried to clamp a hand around her mouth during an interview!

If Kelly Ripa was so afraid of germs (as I've heard is now part of the excuse) then she'd stop rubbing against all the hot male entertainers when they come on the show. And Regis too! Did you ever notice how some guys get the long hug and some don't?!

She should also stop giving Regis on-air pedicures. You want to talk about germs? Gross! lol

She's become a diva now and is less enjoyable to watch.

IMHO

capps said:
I would love to see/hear Rosie's reaction if anyone ever tried to clamp a hand around her mouth during an interview!

Isn't that the truth!

On our radio station this morning, they were bantering about it...opinion was that Rosie was out of line for assuming what Kelly meant...and that Clay should be upset for Rosie basically "outting" him.

What a mess.

Taximom said:
If Kelly Ripa was so afraid of germs (as I've heard is now part of the excuse) then she'd stop rubbing against all the hot male entertainers when they come on the show. And Regis too! Did you ever notice how some guys get the long hug and some don't?!

She should also stop giving Regis on-air pedicures. You want to talk about germs? Gross! lol

She's become a diva now and is less enjoyable to watch.

IMHO
"Excuse"? She doesn't need one.

What she does willingly and concentually can not compare with having someone throw their hand over her mouth!!!

I would be PISSED if anyone did that to me.

Why don't you spend the day putting your hand over people's mouths and see what kind of responce you get? Start with your boss, your child's teacher or your doctor....see how that goes over.

It was outta line_________________Clay should have never done it

:laugh:
Taximom said:
Ewwww!!!!!!!!!!!

capps said:
Nova,

I appreciate what you are referring to,but this is a perfect example of taking a quote out of context.

We are not discussing a political party,or cable news. We are discussing the Rosie/Clay/Kelly situation,and my statement stands in this situation: This is not about Rosie (she had no business in it,it was not about her),and it's not always about gays (imo this had nothing at all to do about being gay,and everything to do about Rosie assuming what she thought Kelly was thinking),which in my opinion,clearly,was about Kelly feeling uncomfortable about Clay wrapping his hand around her mouth.

Now ... if you want to discuss the climate in the media and government parties concerning gays,I would suggest another thread be started.

Sorry, capps, I didn't realize you had been appointed Thread King. I'll try to check with you in the future to make sure my posts fit your definition of relevance.

But my point here was that gay people have every reason to feel besieged in a country where they have been made scapegoats for political purposes for years. Yes, maybe sometimes we overreach and see homophobia where there is none. But there is enough nastiness directed at us by the government and in the media every single day that folks shouldn't be surprised at the occasional overreach.

Upon reflection, I agree that Ripa's remark most likely had nothing to do with Aiken's perceived sexuality. I was merely saying there are reasons why O'Donnell reacted as she did.

I took nothing OUT of context; on the contrary, I put O'Donnell's remark INTO context, at least for those who care why others think they way they do.

Dark Knight said:
I think she accidentally "outed" him, lol.

Oh, please. It's way too late for that.

txsvicki said:
So, I guess everyone is supposed to walk on egg shells and be very careful of every word they say to someone who is or might be gay, according to Rosie. Don't treat them as everyone else? She seems to think that it is fine for someone to violate another person's body with their hand but the victim should just keep their mouth shut. That is more prejudiced against all non homosexuals than any innocent remark made towards Aiken. I think Rosie would have had a fit no matter what Rippa said.

Okay, you win: yours is the most hysterical post in a very crazy thread. Nobody said any of that.

txsvicki said:

I agree. Rosie is pretty much a dipsh*t but how even she could see a homophobic remark in this is beyond me.

Sally said:
I agree. Rosie is pretty much a dipsh*t but how even she could see a homophobic remark in this is beyond me.

Actually, it's explained quite patiently above in this thread. Why anyone bothered is beyond me.

jilly said:
I agree. She even went so far to say that if Clay had been co-hosting with a man he wouldn't even have thought about doing that. She's probably right, imo.

After watching the video where he puts his hand over her mouth, I think she was pretty disgusted and my impression was that she was inferring that it could have been his wiping hand. You could tell that she was sickened and rightly so, imo.

With Regis she tries to pass it off as sexist and bad manners on Clay's part.

In any case, what she actually said has been a saying for decades.

After all that I'm just wondering why they ever invited Clay to co-host. The guy has never had any social skills.

Who has no social skills?

Let's see: at first Ripa simply said she was concerned about cold and flu germs. I don't know about O'Donnell, but everyone else (including the gay posters on this thread) believed Ripa.

But Ripa couldn't leave it at that. No, she uses her time with Philbin to bash Aiken and accuse him of being sexist. She may have a point, but given that it's her show and Aiken was a guest, a gracious person wouldn't have tried to deflect O'Donnell's criticism by attacking her guest.

Ripa is a classless boor. I'm beginning to think maybe Rosie O'Donnell knows something the rest of us do not.

Nova said:
Actually, it's explained quite patiently above in this thread. Why anyone bothered is beyond me.
I'm sorry Nova, I didn't realize that your opinion of the event was the final word on the matter.

Sally said:
I'm sorry Nova, I didn't realize that your opinion of the event was the final word on the matter.

It isn't, of course, and if you disagree, by all means say so. What I was responding to was your statement that O'Donnell's motive was "beyond (comprehension)" and, by implication, inexplicable. Some of us believe we understand it very well (even if we don't agree with her conclusion) and have labored to explain it.

I'm sure I was too curt, and for that I apologize. I find very frustrating the stubborn refusal of most people in this thread to even consider that people with different experiences may reach different conclusions.

But that may not apply to you and, regardless, I shouldn't have taken my frustration out on you.

Nova said:
It isn't, of course, and if you disagree, by all means say so. What I was responding to was your statement that O'Donnell's motive was "beyond (comprehension)" and, by implication, inexplicable. Some of us believe we understand it very well (even if we don't agree with her conclusion) and have labored to explain it.

I'm sure I was too curt, and for that I apologize. I find very frustrating the stubborn refusal of most people in this thread to even consider that people with different experiences may reach different conclusions.

But that may not apply to you and, regardless, I shouldn't have taken my frustration out on you.
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Sally said:
I took this as an invitation to you to read the part of the thread which explains how O'Donnell may have misinterpreted this remark to be homophobic.

I have personally seen Kelly put her hand over Regis' mouth, so she is a little hypocritical. JMHO.

spclk said:
I went just now and watched the clips on youtube and Kelly was hogging the interview. I think that Clay's reaction by putting his hand over her mouth was done in jest, for a good laugh. Although I think her reaction to it was a bit childish, I think her tirade on Monday's show was extremely unprofessional. She is a talk show host and should know that criticizing a guest host who is not used to doing this type of work was uncalled for.

If you watch the show alot, you will see that she often interrupts Regis and is somewhat disrespectful to him. She should have just let it go.

As for Rosie, she was trying to defend Clay but probable caused him more trouble by bringing it up again.
I agree completely!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: She should have saved her reaction to the hand over the mouth for after the show...Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke were sitting there and Kelly's reaction to Clay had to have made them uncomfortable, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back