Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Killing imagination?! imo. rbbm.
April 2021
Chernobyl captures imaginations, brings underground tourism 35 years after nuclear disaster - ABC News (go.com)
''John is one of many so-called "Stalkers," the name -- taken from the 1979 Andrey Tarkovsky film -- for illegal explorers of the 30 kilometer abandoned zone around the Chernobyl former nuclear power station. His group, Chernobylexplorer, is one of the agencies offering unauthorized tours of the zone that in 1986 was the scene of the world’s worst nuclear disaster.

At one time, the "Stalkers’' attitude to Chernobyl were seen as unusual, but 35 years after the catastrophe, the site increasingly holds a different place in many Ukrainians’ imaginations. For some, it is becoming a place of inspiration and rebirth, and that now -- in a strange irony -- needs to be protected.''
Stalker | Trailer Legendado | HD - Bing video
15 sec in Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, Ukraine Chernobyl urbex tour - YouTube
I suppose watching nature take over and hopefully rebound is a good thing but I doubt that's why Putin wanted in there.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russia-ukraine-nato-feb24-2022-1.6362531

"NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Thursday that Russia has launched war on Ukraine and shattered peace on the European continent."

"Stoltenberg called for a summit of NATO leaders for Friday. He spoke shortly after
the transatlantic alliance agreed after emergency talks to further beef up its land, sea and air forces on its eastern flank near Ukraine and Russia."

"Russia has attacked Ukraine," Stoltenberg said. "This is a brutal act of war. Our thoughts are with the brave people of Ukraine."

"Peace on our continent has been shattered," he said. "This is a deliberate, cold-blooded and long-planned invasion. Russia is using force to try to rewrite history."

They know there will be no return fire. They can just hunker down, build a landing strip, plan whatever. This goes beyond anything I expected them to do. Why capture Chernobyl indeed.

'Strategery'

stra·te·ger·y
/strəˈtējərē/
noun
informal•US
noun: strategery
  1. strategy (chiefly used ironically or derisively).
    "maybe this is his brilliant strategery—drive them so crazy that they act rashly!"
Origin
7fbad0000c1d50b7814b284313bb233465ed7fc35f9f58877fbc8d09eba2d023.png

mid 19th century: alteration of strategy (originally as an unintentional error); popularized in the early 21st century in a comedy sketch about President George W. Bush on the US television series Saturday Night Live .
Translate strategery to
Use over time for: strategery

I reckon it’s to cause widespread fear of a potential radioactive leak. It’s all been sealed up for decades… he wants to wield the power and threat of unsealing it.

Agreed. It's a key landmark that was decommissioned and abandoned decades ago. This is a scare tactic that will sadly terrify people. IMO

Biden has spoken.....what should I think of it...

<modsnip> I didn't want to say this before.
I was thinking this too! If he does, he will just destroy the world while he can.
I had this thought too. I noticed he looks puffy in recent photos.

I have several artist friends in Ukraine.....one of whom just had serious surgery in Kiev. They are distraught and scrambling.

Last edited by a moderator:
However, Johnson indicated that the G7 nations were unable to come to an agreement on kicking Russia out of the SWIFT international payment system that is used to assist transactions by global banks. Ukrainian officials, led by Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba, had begged for the West to take such a drastic step.

Biden announces new Russia sanctions, GOP faults 'weak' leadership

….

This doesn’t help.

Jmo

KyivPost
@KyivPost

4m

The Ukrainian city of Mariupol is under heavy fire with reports of hundreds of explosions. The city is one of the biggest Ukrainian ports on the Azov Sea. Taking Mariupol would help Russia secure a direct land route to Crimea, the Ukrainian peninsula annexed by Russia in 2014.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-ukraine-russia-attack-1.6362554

Excerpts:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Thursday a new suite of "severe" sanctions against Russian entities after the country's president, Vladimir Putin, launched a series of unprovoked attacks on neighbouring Ukraine late last night.

The economic measures — which the government says were carefully coordinated with other G7 countries — are meant to hobble Russia's economy as its forces push further into Ukraine.

These sanctions are wide-reaching. They will impose severe costs on complicit Russian elites, and they will limit President Putin's ability to continue funding this unjustified invasion," Trudeau said.

Canadians are also barred from purchasing Russian sovereign debt and dealing with two state-backed Russian banks.

Effective immediately, Canada also will stop issuing export permits for Russian products and cancel existing permits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801