RUSSIA - WNBA star Brittney Griner, Detained @ Sheremetyevo International Airport, 2022 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
their little hats look so stupid lol imo
Moo...wow...she had to know the laws...matters little if she feels entitled or elite...just why would an arms dealer be a good exchange.... Moo
it's weed, not heroin, or cyanide, or something insane. literally just weed. i will never understand people and especially governments who are so intense about drug use. the war on drugs has clearly been won by drugs, and decriminalization and support for addiction services are the way to go at this point, imo. i know many people who have flown with THC cartridges in their luggage and not given it a second thought. especially if they have a doctor's note. of course, i would indeed think someone would be more mindful about that while traveling in russia, given what their government is like.

Moo..i do hope she gets a minimal sentence. But it is just dumb, foolish she packed it. There was no reason to accidentally pack. Even if i was going to a country were it was legal I would not take my own, just buy it there. I live in bc canada legal here..i even grow my own...but i would never fly anywhere with my homegrown. Some countries you cannot take certain plants(not dope) across borders or animals etc. It is not for me to say their rules are foolish. Moo

2021 fwiw.

''Russia Banned From Olympics and Global Sports for 4 Years Over Doping​

The World Anti-Doping Agency’s unanimous decision, if upheld, would exclude Russia from the 2020 Olympics, but many Russian athletes could be unaffected by the decision.''

''What has angered many is Russia’s mendacity in the face of efforts to rehabilitate the country after whistle-blower evidence helped unravel a meticulously planned — and ultimately successful — scheme in which Russian antidoping experts and members of the country’s intelligence service surreptitiously replaced urine samples tainted by performance-enhancing drugs with clean samples at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.

As part of the resolution of that case, Russia agreed to provide a set of testing results to doping regulators from its Moscow laboratory. That database was found to have been manipulated, with results altered or deleted. Information on as many as 145 athletes with suspicious doping profiles was irreparably compromised, WADA said.''
Sorry but this is not relevant to this specific case

Sorry but this is not relevant to this specific case
Removed post which i thought was relevant because the punishment for alleged R. doping was only 4 years, but you are probably right.

Moo...that is sad...but ooops didn't mean to pack it....is not a good defence in legal system. Also the world is watching..so they cannot go soft on her....that sucks....moo

"She's very upset. Very upset, very stressed,” Blagovolina said of Griner. “She can hardly talk, honestly, so it's difficult time for her."

U.S. President Joe Biden slammed Russia in a statement on Thursday morning following Griner's sentencing and called on Russia to "release her immediately."

"Today, American citizen Brittney Griner received a prison sentence that is one more reminder of what the world already knew: Russia is wrongfully detaining Brittney," Biden said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert
Back