S0, is JB looking for a plea deal now

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got on here tonight so please forgive if this was brought up before in this thread.

In JB's interview with Geraldo I found these words very strange:

"it's her that has to do the time and it's her life at stake here"

He's admitting that she'll have to do time?? Freudian slip?????

I would think so. But he might not get it, that it's coming out like that. Cause if she takes a plea deal, SHE will have to do TIME. Which would be her life to do as she wishes.

But it could also be that the choice is a plea (time) or pay with her life.

I hear adults tell kids that it's their life to do as they please with it.

I would think so. But he might not get it, that it's coming out like that. Cause if she takes a plea deal, SHE will have to do TIME. Which would be her life to do as she wishes.

But it could also be that the choice is a plea (time) or pay with her life.

I hear adults tell kids that it's their life to do as they please with it.

WAIT.....we're not calling him an "adult" are we? Sure, technically his age alone qualifies him as an adult, but how do we factor in his level of immaturity for an adjusted age??? :waitasec:

OK, here's why I think the defense is trying for a plea deal. I posted this in another thread, but thought it may be somewhat important. What does everyone else think? I'm quoting myself below.

:blowkiss:
Jersey

Good morning everyone. I'm wondering if this may show the defense is setting up for a plea deal...maybe? Something I noticed, if you refer to the following, is that the defense made a motion to dismiss counts 001 and 002, but they failed to mention count 003 - which is "MANSLAUGHTER". Please refer to the following screenshots which I'm enclosing for your quick reference, snipped & resized for space. Count 001 is "Murder", Count 002 is "Child Abuse", and count 003 is "Manslaughter". The defense team made a motion to dismiss 001 & 002 on 9/30/09 - and has been counteracted by the prosecution. I'm just wondering if they believe Casey is so innocent, why settle for Manslaughter? Again, do you think they're trying to garner a plea deal?

Count 001

CMACOUNT001.jpg

Count 002
CMACOUNT002.jpg

Count 003
CMACOUNT003.jpg

Case Actions
CMACASEACTIONS93009.jpg

JB cannot expect a plea deal,..he has nothing to deal with. There is nothing he can use to barter with in order to secure a plea deal. It will not happen,..imo.

WAIT.....we're not calling him an "adult" are we? Sure, technically his age alone qualifies him as an adult, but how do we factor in his level of immaturity for an adjusted age??? :waitasec:

How about "goober"?

Although he is not exactly a nut by hinting that the reason his client hasn't copped a plea up until now had NOTHING to do with him, but simply that she has a will and a mind of her own. Nope! No Svengali, magical-thinking, B.S. sleight-of-hand here! She made me do it, yer honor!

I think he's trying to establish an exculpatory excuse (or an exit strategy) in case some day he is blamed for poor counsel (which would result in the appeal I'm sure is already being talked about as an option amongst family members). Anyone who has observed people interacting with CA could very well believe that KC was the same kind of stubborn recalcitrant type when presented a version of reality that does not make her a Perfect Ten.

Thank goodness no one will believe it - JB had WAY too much to profit from by dragging things out and egging his client into thinking she'd be sunbathing in Miami after the Dream Team did their dog and pony show. "Guilty-schmilty! You'll be swinging on stripper poles soon, schweetheart!"

OK, here's why I think the defense is trying for a plea deal. I posted this in another thread, but thought it may be somewhat important. What does everyone else think? I'm quoting myself below.

:blowkiss:
Jersey

Good morning everyone. I'm wondering if this may show the defense is setting up for a plea deal...maybe? Something I noticed, if you refer to the following, is that the defense made a motion to dismiss counts 001 and 002, but they failed to mention count 003 - which is "MANSLAUGHTER". Please refer to the following screenshots which I'm enclosing for your quick reference, snipped & resized for space. Count 001 is "Murder", Count 002 is "Child Abuse", and count 003 is "Manslaughter". The defense team made a motion to dismiss 001 & 002 on 9/30/09 - and has been counteracted by the prosecution. I'm just wondering if they believe Casey is so innocent, why settle for Manslaughter? Again, do you think they're trying to garner a plea deal?

Count 001

CMACOUNT001.jpg

Count 002
CMACOUNT002.jpg

Count 003
CMACOUNT003.jpg

Case Actions
CMACASEACTIONS93009.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I find it VERY interesting that they did not try to dismiss count 3 as well over count 2. Why not go for all three as you stated? Count 3 would to me acknowledge guilt in Caylee's death, where count 2 is the count against KC for her allowing something to happen to Caylee? If I understand the charges correctly that is. Just another bizarre point in this very bizarre circus of justice.

Old Carly Simon song:

"Well, it's too late baby, now it's too late,
Though we really did try to make it."

My apologies in advance to the FL tax payers, but that statement above is why I am 100% against a plea deal. 15 years just doesn't cut it. Not nearly enough, and not 'justice' in my books. Not for Caylee.

I couldn't agree more with you. I don't think that she would end up with 15 years though. Geraldo and his sidekick there are both talking out of their rearends. She would no doubt get LWOP if she took a deal. I don't think there is a chance in you know where that any Prosecutor or Judge would let her get away with serving 15 years and getting out in one third of that time or even serving the whole 15 years. Just thinking what she put that little girl through probably makes them want to strangle her themselves. There would be a public uproar if she ended up with 15 yrs.

Old Carly Simon song:

"Well, it's too late baby, now it's too late,
Though we really did try to make it."

Brini,at the risk of appearing picky...but wasn't that an Old Carole King song?

I think they both did it. I also think some other people did as well.:waitasec:

Oh MD MOMMY you are probably correct. I just knew that Carole King wrote the song and sang it on her album "Tapestry",but as you said many people have covered the song,and Carly Simon was one of them.

Oh MD MOMMY you are probably correct. I just knew that Carole King wrote the song and sang it on her album "Tapestry",but as you said many people have covered the song,and Carly Simon was one of them.

LOL..you don't know how many times I like a song, then my mom starts singing it... and I'm like "MOM how do you know this song". That is when she busts me out with "honey this song was written in the 60's by so and so." This reminded me of one of those moments!:crazy:

Too funny,

YUP Tapestry, one of my all time favorite albums , along with Crosby, Stills, nash & Young

We all posted at once , , , Are we giving our age away???

:woohoo:

But we digress

Too funny,

YUP Tapestry, one of my all time favorite albums , along with Crosby, Stills, nash & Young

We all posted at once , , , Are we giving our age away???

:woohoo:

But we digress

O/t for sure, but I cannot believe anyone but me and my sister had that as a favorite album, we knew every song backwards and forward and would sing all the songs on to our cassette recorder for hours that we got for Christmas. Carole King made me love to sing. The other kids our age thought we were cornballs, but she just had a rare talent and yes she wrote songs for many many others over the years I later came to learn. One of her songs on there has lyrics that say "Well. I've been like those people, who need pain to feel alive", Ambrosia , that line in the song reminds me of Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro