Saddam Likely to Be Hanged Before New Year, U.S. Military Officials Say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BarnGoddess said:
Buzzm1, I also heard a small blurb early on Fox News that they may also wait the full 30 days. They also mentioned that others in the Iraqui government said before the Muslim Holiday. I think they are keeping it a secret. I hope that someone reliable is there to witness the execution and verify his death.
I heard that too BG--I think some of Saddam's Sunni friends are trying to delay his execution --according to the Judicial arm in Iraq, there is supposed to be a 30 day waiting period, however I don't think that will delay his execution--but I think the announcement of his execution will be delayed, and they will just announce that Saddam was executed n hours ago, and he has been buried in a secret location.

The US still hasn't turned him over to Iraq because his attorneys filed a request for a stay in the US Dist. Courts asking that the execution be stayed for 12 weeks because of an American's civil court action against Hussein. There is slim chance of a US Court taking that action, in my opinion, and he'll be turned over in the next few hours. They say as long as it happens in the next 12 hours, he will be executed immediately upon the transfer. The Iraqi politicians are on notice of his being received and the paperwork for his execution is complete.

Fox and CNN just said Saddam will be executed in less than 5 hours---by 10 pm EST which is 6 AM Baghdad time

So Saddam will get his wish of finally being well hung.:crazy:

Becba said:
So Saddam will get his wish of finally being well hung.:crazy:

Can you believe that educated people are still using that phrase? My husband and I were just commenting on it. :waitasec:

He will be "hanged" in about 4 hours, unless, of course, the Federal Court in Washington grants that Alien Tort Act claim stay asked for by his attorneys for the American party.

Jeana (DP) said:
Can you believe that educated people are still using that phrase? My husband and I were just commenting on it. :waitasec:

He will be "hanged" in about 4 hours, unless, of course, the Federal Court in Washington grants that Alien Tort Act claim stay asked for by his attorneys for the American party.
The Feds know to stay mum.

This whole thing is absloutely amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead already.

Buzzm1 said:
I think he is already dead too.

People in Iraq who claim that they are to attend the execution still are saying that he is not in their physical custody. He MUST be executed before sunrise unless they want all hell to break out, so keeping this a secret until after that time would not be wise.

Just heard that he is mere miles from that gallows where he will be hanged and that it will be within the next two to three hours. There will be a videotape of it that may be released, but photos of his body will definately be released. They're saying that he's still in physical custody of the US, but that could just be "inches" away from Iraqi officials' hands.

Jeana (DP) said:
Just heard that he is mere miles from that gallows where he will be hanged and that it will be within the next two to three hours. There will be a videotape of it that may be released, but photos of his body will definately be released. They're saying that he's still in physical custody of the US, but that could just be "inches" away from Iraqi officials' hands.
About Fricken time. Is there any way after he is hanged they can leave him there. Give people sticks and say it is a pinata? :woohoo:

JDB said:
About Fricken time. Is there any way after he is hanged they can leave him there. Give people sticks and say it is a pinata? :woohoo:

They said in the "old days," they'd just give him to the people and let them rip him apart in the streets. Personally, dead is dead. The quicker they can get him to that state, the better. The fact that he'll be joining his sons in hell in a matter of hours won't make me loose any sleep tonite.

Jeana (DP) said:
They said in the "old days," they'd just give him to the people and let them rip him apart in the streets. Personally, dead is dead. The quicker they can get him to that state, the better. The fact that he'll be joining his sons in hell in a matter of hours won't make me loose any sleep tonite.
Me either. In fact I might have to go buy some BEER to celebrate this one.

It is now 4:30am Bagdad time. They just said in one hour, or 5:30 - 6am their time, he will be executed. The last call for prayer is in that time frame as the sun starts to rise, so he will have time for one last prayer before it is
Sayonora for him.

Now they are worried about subtrafuge and a thwarting of the execution.
There are a lot of people who still support him. :crazy:
That's why turning him over at the precise time was imperative.

Has he been turned over to the Iraqis yet?

Auf Wiedersehn Saddam, the world is about to become a better place.

Fox is saying in a half hour he'll be executed. Maybe there are still some legal things they have to finish. I think this should have been done without the media circus. It just ads fuel to the fire.

Beyond Belief said:
Fox is saying in a half hour he'll be executed. Maybe there are still some legal things they have to finish. I think this should have been done without the media circus. It just ads fuel to the fire.
They weigh all the factors and use everything to a political advantage. Like you, I feel it should have been done in secret, and announced hours later.

scandi said:
It is now 4:30am Bagdad time. They just said in one hour, or 5:30 - 6am their time, he will be executed. The last call for prayer is in that time frame as the sun starts to rise, so he will have time for one last prayer before it is
Sayonora for him.

Now they are worried about subtrafuge and a thwarting of the execution.
There are a lot of people who still support him. :crazy:
That's why turning him over at the precise time was imperative.

Has he been turned over to the Iraqis yet?

They say he was being held outside the city limits of Baghdad, but he's minutes away from where he'll be executed. He'll likely be driven to the gallows by American troops and handed to the Iraqis inside the place where the execution will take place. This is to ensure that no leaks could be given that would help anyone plan any type of escape or action to stop the execution. It will be only minutes after the hand-over that he's handed the red card and executed. The Americans, I've heard, will be close by when the execution takes place, but will have nothing to do with it.

Beyond Belief said:
Like that would have been possible!! They live for &*$# like this!!!!

Jeana, Is the red card just an expression? :D {I've learned here never be afraid to ask! :rolleyes: }

Last night on TV I heard some general say, If the Americans who found
Saddam in that hole had done what they were supposed to, they'd have tossed a grenade down the hole and he would have been dead immediately. I'd never heard that was protocol. Wonder why they didn't follow what they had been taught to do? Wanted him alive, I suppose.

Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back