Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope they do have a lead. I don't think she is alive. The news about the dog being euthanized as well - so awful. For some reason I've never felt like her spouse was part of her disappearance but this is more of a feeling rather than based on any particular facts. Husband 'helping with enquiries' could mean a lot of things. Can't shake the idea of it being linked to cold case in same area. I can imagine everyone in the area, especially women, would be feeling on edge. I hope her kids are ok.
I find the dogs escaping highly dubious, I can’t help but think it was a last minute decision born out of panic and anxiety! Very sad one had to be euthanised.

New Article

Chief Commissioner Shane Patton said at a press conference on Wednesday there had been no new information gathered by the Missing Persons Squad.

It’s certainly unusual when we haven’t been able to locate any trace of her or any other evidence within that period of time,” he said.

“It’s suspicious, whether that means there’s foul play involved, or not, I don’t know, but obviously detectives are investigating a matter where a woman’s been missing for a significant period of time.”

It was reported on Wednesday that detectives went to the Murphy family home in the morning and spent more than an hour inside.

There have been no breakthroughs in the search for the mother-of-three despite a multi-agency operation and huge community efforts.

Ms Murphy, 51, is believed to have left her Eureka St home for a run about 7am on February 4 but never returned.

Note the wording change in the last paragraph…..???? “Believed” ???

Are Police putting pressure on someone with today’s announcement???

IMO
ok so they have no actual footage of her leaving the property?

The not taking water is the part that gives me hope that Samantha just ran away. I don't see how anyone could plan on running far without any water. On the other hand, I also don't know how in this day and age anyone could run away and not leave a trace or be tracked.

The DM has gone a step further than suspicious!

They have specifically stated at the top of the headline that "Search for Ms Murphy now focused on her friends and family".

IMO it could be interpreted that they (DM) are practically saying Police are zeroing in on MM now.

What Commissioner Patton actually said (minus the sensationalism from the DM) ...

"We are working with the family, working with the friends, missing persons [officers] are tracing, stepping through timelines, looking at CCTV, examining any information reports we've received from the public," he said.

ok so they have no actual footage of her leaving the property?
they have never had footage of her leaving. That was the issue. The 'additional' cctv of that runner 15 mins later was the reason the police might have relaxed - then the actual person in the footage spoke up and said "it's not samantha". Then they were working back to the CCTV clip of her in the driveway. CCTV wouldn't extend to showing movements further away from the house so that initial (false) cctv footage of the runner was part of what they had thought pointed towards her direction. What we have is a dinner party on Sat night where Mick announces that she's going for a run tomorrow and then CCTV of her picking up after a pet in the driveway on Sun morning. We don't know who was at home. There are cars in the still. We know very little.

they have never had footage of her leaving. That was the issue. The 'additional' cctv of that runner 15 mins later was the reason the police might have relaxed - then the actual person in the footage spoke up and said "it's not samantha". Then they were working back to the CCTV clip of her in the driveway. CCTV wouldn't extend to showing movements further away from the house so that initial (false) cctv footage of the runner was part of what they had thought pointed towards her direction. What we have is a dinner party on Sat night where Mick announces that she's going for a run tomorrow and then CCTV of her picking up after a pet in the driveway on Sun morning. We don't know who was at home. There are cars in the still. We know very little.
That we, the public, know of. If police are certain she left, but don't know what direction, the footage must determine that she did in fact leave. They didn't waste days searching bushland for funsies. We are just not privy to seeing it at this stage.

What Commissioner Patton actually said (minus the sensationalism from the DM) ...

"We are working with the family, working with the friends, missing persons [officers] are tracing, stepping through timelines, looking at CCTV, examining any information reports we've received from the public," he said.

If VPOL are stating they have zero evidence from the ground and air search no dash cam or cctv footage of SM, I interpret this as VPOL has evidence which leads back to SM home…!

That we, the public, know of. If police are certain she left, but don't know what direction, the footage must determine that she did in fact leave. They didn't waste days searching bushland for funsies. We are just not privy to seeing it at this stage.
of course I'm talking about what we know vs what the police potentially have. The poster was asking about what was available/shown to the public. Hence me saying "we don't know" and "we know very little". It's implied that the police might have further info.....

If VPOL are stating they have zero evidence from the ground and air search no dash cam or cctv footage of SM, I interpret this as VPOL has evidence which leads back to SM home…!
I'm inclined to agree.
It also rules out taking her own life. When that occurs- when a body is found, news reports will say,"Not being treated as suspicious," along with a number to lifeline. Etc.

I notice that the police are not mentioning (at all) the metadata from Sam's devices.
And they are not saying they have no evidence from CCTV. Commissioner Patton said today that they are "looking at CCTV" (as per my previous link).

imo

Superintendent Hatt told cameras positioned on the Murphy homestead had captured her walking up the driveway.

But he could not say which way Ms Murphy went after leaving the property despite the video feed capturing her doing so.

'It captured her leaving the address,' he said.

It remains unknown who was home at the time Ms Murphy went on her run.

View attachment 483062
From 6 News Australia on Twitter: "#BREAKING: Police are now treating disappearance of Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy as suspicious."
IMO - Wow - Only took 10 days when we’ve all been thinking it was suspicious from the start. So I do wonder, since the police did say at the start that her disappearance was not suspicious, what has changed for them to now say it is suspicious?

so have we heard official confirmation that police have cctv footage of her at the end of her driveway actually leaving the property and showing which direction she headed?
or it just assumed they know this ?
hopefully one of her children saw her leave that morning,
we know police still conduct massive searches using all available resources to search for missing people, without evidence, based soley on statements from friends relatives etc, so was this search based on actual footage?
IMO - I actually need to know this - how do the police know she actually left the property when she cannot be seen doing so? People on here have discussed a turn at the end of the driveway beyond the scope of the cctv, maybe she was attacked there & bundled away in a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cancerkilla