Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my ignorance, but would her phone ping from her smart watch? Or does it have to come from her actual mobile phone? Would anyone bother to carry their actual phone on a jog when they have a smart watch? Maybe someone else had her mobile phone.

This is a DM story about a woman from a Sydney who was running in forest last week and got her neck caught in fishing wire that was tied between two trees.

Reality star's terrifying encounter on her morning run

ETA I hope the group going out searching this weekend look up for evidence of recent ring barking in trees on the trails.

Last edited:
Sorry for my ignorance, but would her phone ping from her smart watch? Or does it have to come from her actual mobile phone? Would anyone bother to carry their actual phone on a jog when they have a smart watch? Maybe someone else had her mobile phone.

Hiya there Breaking, my watch is cellular so it does everything the watch does. Takes calls, plays music, monitors heart rhythm & steps, connects to earbuds. Everything.

Looked to me like she probably had her phone in the Lt hand side pocket of her tights / leggins?

1708398692723.png

But what about the last phone ping far away from home?

Did somebody get rid of her phone there?

Is there cctv of this area?
What cars were seen there?
And what was exactly the time of this ping?
Who was in this area at that time?
I think the possible problem with this is that (as has been reported but seems bizarre to me ) most of the phone towers were ‘down’ that day, so all phones would have pinged off that one tower. The radius could’ve huge.

This shows the current coverage in the area by each carrier: 3G / 4G / 5G coverage in Ballarat - nPerf.com

Yes I saw that, and lots of pictures of covered mine shafts in the local news, but they must not all be covered if this topic keeps coming up from local sources. Has anyone ever actually fallen into a mine shaft or is this just a conclusion of last resort?

I understand that hiding someone in a mine shaft is a reasonable possibility, does it ever happen by accident?

I don't think SM fell into a mineshaft, but I wonder if her phone might have been thrown down one.

Thanks for posting this, it certainly provides perspective. It looks like they have a private bitumen road to their driveway, running parallel to the council road, although I can’t see where it links up.

Where are all the garages that supposedly house is car collection (Uncle Alan said MM had so many cars, he didn’t have enough garages. I wonder if he wasn’t talking about client’s cars at the business premises ) ** oh, hang on - are they garages with solar panels on the roof, at the end of the bitumen, near the pump shed ?

I can see why there’s a shortage of CCTV from neighbours, due to how spread out they are.

I also note the presence of a lot of trees outside, which could potentially have been a good hiding spot for a perpetrator, and would most likely have blocked her L or R turn from anyone at her property.

If somebody didn't want her to be found at property premises,
I don't really see such a place there.

Ponds/dams - too obvious.
Septic tank - too obvious as well.
Police would have a plan of this property with a tank marked.
Any new dug places - too noticeable.
Inside a house - no way!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads