Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol .. the ABC !

The basically pull it from here without opinion:

Good reporters are supposed to give us facts, without opinion, bias, or partiality. It is not up to them to make our minds up for us, or to sensationalize someone's plight.

The ABC certainly seem to be the most ethical publication that we have in Australia. I would read them first - for the facts.

And as we become familiar with individual journalists from all publications, we learn which ones are reputable, which ones seem to have the best police contacts, which ones are most likely to be correct with their information, which ones are click-bait driven.

imo

I also note the presence of a lot of trees outside, which could potentially have been a good hiding spot for a perpetrator, and would most likely have blocked her L or R turn from anyone at her property.

The trees look like they might also block the camera's line of sight, and that might be why they've said the camera doesn't show which way she turned.

Hi first comment so not sure if its been mentioned as I only had a quick skim through. I do hope the police are still trying to call Samanthas phone. If someone has taken her and doesn’t know much about Apple watches, could it ping a location again? Or if they turn phone on to check it out it could ping again.
I also hope a family member has Samanthas Google login details as you can get a location history from Google

Yup, Detective W, these are my thoughts exactly! My husband and I have Find my Phone apps on all our family phones (cause I lose mine at home all the time) and on my air pods and on my watch (e-sim). It's so useful, we don't find it intrusive, but that is just us.
Hi first comment so not sure if its been mentioned as I only had a quick skim through. I do hope the police are still trying to call Samanthas phone. If someone has taken her and doesn’t know much about Apple watches, find my iphone, could the Apple Watch ping a location again? Or if they turn phone on to check it out it could ping again.
I also hope a family member has Samanthas Google login details as you can get a location history from Google

If "the media'' do "know more" then there is obviously an embargo on it, and there would be good reason for it.
BBM

IMO There is definitely some sort of embargo happening in this case, between Police and the media ….

I just hope police are close to finding Samantha!

New Article from The Age….

Victoria Police is actively engaged with a number of external agencies and telecommunications companies in an effort to get as much information as possible to assist the current search,” a spokesperson said on Tuesday. (Today)

“Given this investigation is active and ongoing, we are not in a position to provide further detail about these processes at this time.

Paywalled for some

I think dogs would be barking if anyone tried hiding in wait in the bush area of the laneway. JMO
What if an alleged abductor was parked up the lane further… ??? Watching and waiting in their car, possibly for a few hours waiting for Sam to enter the lane, and she routinely turns right onto the lane, (heading to Eureka Street) that person could approach her and abduct her from behind ..??

If the dogs were still inside the house, they may not have been aware ???

Just Speculation and IMO

I know this probably sounds obvious, but notice a few comments saying I hope family have her login details for Google etc. I still have my old phones and I never wiped them so you can access all my accounts from them still

Thanks TGY. So she would not need to take your phone, if you were wearing your watch?
Correct. Apple Watches use esims and function as phones themselves using the same number you use for your phone. They do not need to be in bluetooth range of your phone.

e: I think there were older models that were more like fitbits and had to be in bluetooth range but I don't know if those still exist. There weren't any available when I got my apple watch a couple of years ago.

I think she is in this vast park.
The place is huge, full of sinking holes and dense foliage.

So many women I read about who went running and never returned :(
I think so too.
People can be missed.
Remember Chandra Levy whose remains were only found a year later.....in a city park that had been searched.
How many times do we hear of a missing person who is finally located in the vicinity of already searched places?

and that poor woman on the Appalachian trail, who got lost. She was found not so far off the trail.

What if an alleged abductor was parked up the lane further… ??? Watching and waiting in their car, possibly for a few hours waiting for Sam to enter the lane, and she routinely turns right onto the lane, (heading to Eureka Street) that person could approach her and abduct her from behind ..??

If the dogs were still inside the house, they may not have been aware ???

Just Speculation and IMO
Yes - definitely if they were in a car - and you might not notice until you were further along the lane. IMO

Or waiting in a car in maybe Cathie Street? if they knew this was SM's regular route she took? JMO

If they say they've seen her walking down the driveway i believe it. They don't have to prove anything to the public. I don't think seeing another shot of her walking away from her house would change anything. I think they said they couldn't see what direction she went?
IMO - If they released a shot of SM from behind walking down her driveway towards the exit, they’d have a lot less people talking about her not leaving or saying she’s just picked up dog poo & walking back towards the house not away from it. If they have this footage, why not release it?

Hi first comment so not sure if its been mentioned as I only had a quick skim through. I do hope the police are still trying to call Samanthas phone. If someone has taken her and doesn’t know much about Apple watches, find my iphone, could the Apple Watch ping a location again? Or if they turn phone on to check it out it could ping again.
The police would surely be able to request login details from Google? Even maybe metadata?

Location data stored by Google is collected by the phone (and watch?) GPS (and possibly cellular and wifi helps refine it), but the phone would need to be on.

If say the phone was swiched off and the apple watch was kept on, should the watch keep working normally in regards to location data and cellular communications?

Correct. Apple Watches use esims and function as phones themselves using the same number you use for your phone. They do not need to be in bluetooth range of your phone.

e: I think there were older models that were more like fitbits and had to be in bluetooth range but I don't know if those still exist. There weren't any available when I got my apple watch a couple of years ago.
You can choose GPS or GPS + cellular, this has been the case for many years.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 5.19.20 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 5.19.20 pm.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 7
IMO - If they released a shot of SM from behind walking down her driveway towards the exit, they’d have a lot less people talking about her not leaving or saying she’s just picked up dog poo & walking back towards the house not away from it. If they have this footage, why not release it?
Maybe if they had their time again, if knowing what people are saying now, they would have released it.
If they released it now, it would make them look foolish for not having released it before.

It might also cause confusion to the public seeing her walk out onto a lane, instead of Eureka St, which is what the house is reported to be on (just most of us know it is actually a large corner block and the gates are not on the Eureka St side).

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone had actually ever seen SM on her regular runs/walks prior to that day? JMO

Not saying she didn't do them - but I wonder if she was regularly seen or never seen - just due to the track she took? IMO
yes there was a male neighnour who she regularly waved to and a woman with a horse who used to see her but didnt that day, sorry i dont have a link for that, its in one of the early msm articles,
so in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member