Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article in The Daily Mail online States that the husband is a person of interest
The Daily Mail appear to have had MM in their sights from early on in my opinion, they are also responsible for publishing the photo of MM laughing with the police officer. Maybe they know more than they can let on and are just pushing the absolute limits with what they can legally publish? Maybe they are just all about the clickbait? :rolleyes:

The Daily Mail appear to have had MM in their sights from early on in my opinion, they are also responsible for publishing the photo of MM laughing with the police officer. Maybe they know more than they can let on and are just pushing the absolute limits with what they can legally publish? Maybe they are just all about the clickbait? :rolleyes:
superintendent hatt said
At this stage he is not (a suspect). Everyone in relation to Samantha is a person of interest. In our investigation we are speaking to everyone that was in her life.'

Yep.
I noticed it too.

In Australia... clickbait... its easy to see through that garbage.
If he were to be arrested tomorrow it wouldn't change my stance.

Last edited:
I think they have also gone thru hundreds of hours of cctv footage, once the knew the last location and time, to see which cars came in/came out damaged, from the area, probably from a petrol station or similar.

I think the net is closing rapidly.

Probably need 1 or 2 key pieces of evidence to lock it all in.

But they did so much searching around Buninyong Golf Course in the early days, seems to me that wouldn't have been all based on a big mistake in interpreting the data.

JMO
I think that's because her phone pinged off that tower and now that they have had an in-depth look at her phone data, it might show a more precise location than just the closest tower.

In Australia... clickbait... its easy to see through that garbage.
If he were to be arrested tomorrow it wouldn't change my stance.
DM is right: MM is laughing too much and too relaxed, although being the husband of a missing woman, who is expected to turn up deceased (if at all). Maybe, his laugh lasted for seconds only. But the public is interested in also seeing just that. So by DM a good selection to show us, IMO, "suspect" back or forth. In any case, he is the husband of a wife, who probably had a gruesome fate. MOO

I’ve always wondered, instead of getting location data for a mobile, could the tech gurus get the mobile numbers of the mobiles that roughly had the same location as SMs mobile. I guess like a reverse search ?

Yes, that is one of the reasons why they gather all of the ping data from the tower.

They look at the time of Sam's phone's pings, and all of the other mobiles that were pinging the same tower sector at that time.

I don't think it is a particularly easy task, due to the massive volume of mobiles that would include.
Though if they already know some people's mobile numbers they should be able to see if those numbers were pinging the same sector of the tower at the same time.

imo

Police say there were a 'number of movements' to and from the Murphy house on February 4, which they are investigating, A Current Affair reported.
Police are investigating several movements made by people to and from the home of Samantha Murphy (pictured with husband Mick) on the day the mother-of-three disappeared

Extra detectives including personnel from the sex crimes, counter-terror, fraud and armed robbery divisions in Melbourne, have been brought in to help with the case.

Attention has also turned to the smash repair business, Inland Motor Body Works, Ms Murphy and her husband Mick own.

Police have taken away a number of 'items of interest' from the repairs shop.

Was just thinking about how many cars you hear about being used for various nefarious purposes that are then set alight to destroy evidence! These are a regular enough occurrence that you hear reported on news atelast monthly (maybe not so frequently in Ballarat, but I’m not all over local Ballarat news).
So to me, fact that there hasn’t been anything about a car being found burnt out (Atleast that I’m aware of), means that if a vehicle was involved ( inferred from the call out for footage of vehicles with damage or property damage), then the person that has been involved probably doesn’t fit category of your car typical thief that uses vehicle for other crimes or a larger crime organisation (bikie etc), because cars taht are founs burnt out are commonly associated with their crimes.
Assuming this, it’s more likely those responsible are either related/connected to SM or some perv/stalker/deviate type that does this sort of surveilance / attack/kill thing whilst moonlighting as a regular citizen the rest of the time and hence needs their car to maintain this image.
On Feb 22nd ‘Crews attended a car fire in Woowookarung Regional Park, on arrival the fire had spread to bushland, quick action by crews stopped the spread of the fire.’

I have a question for native speakers :D

Why is Mr Mark Hatt described as
"Acting Superintendent"
and not just Superintendent?

Is it temporal position just for this case?

Bear with me haha
I'm constantly learning English :)

I have a question for native speakers :D

Why is Mr Mark Hatt described as
"Acting Superintendent"
and not just Superintendent?

Is it temporal position just for this case?

Bear with me haha
I'm constantly learning English :)
Because he is ‘acting superintendent’, it’s a temporary position which often happens when the superintendent has been promoted, seconded to another area, is on holidays or has left the force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme