Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Canadian site with a mention of Samantha and the dangers women face worldwide when running alone.

I think it might be behind a PayWall.

And no I don't think women should be restricted from running, jogging whatever alone.
It's the ones who mean them harm that should be held to account.
But sadly it's often too late when those who should be accountable get caught. For me, I err on the side of caution. Its too late when you are dead.

But sadly it's often too late when those who should be accountable get caught. For me, I err on the side of caution. Its too late when you are dead.
I'm thinking opportunistic predators use the excuse that someone else wasn't taking proper precautions, when if everyone ran around with armed bodyguards for self defence, the compulsive sicko would just create an opportunity for themselves. I guess you could hope the compulsion (triggered by sight?) fades by the time there's an opportunity.

Could it be the campers are responsible and inserted themselves into the investigation to take the heat off them. They and their story is….lets say….weird.
I do remember a case years ago, I think it was an Australian case where a woman said she had a vision of where a missing persons body was.
Seems she managed to convince the Police who searched and found the missing persons body where the woman said it was and for awhile there the woman who said she'd had the vision became the suspect.
Sometimes it's not in the best interest of an innocent person to come forward and try to help.

I am confident the police know who is responsible /others and that sadly Samantha is not alive

Which police will now take their time to make sure nothing is overlooked

The search site is right near a Telstra tower, so should be able to get some good phone info

This will be the key, important information they need

I don't know if that specific tower was active on that day.
Sam's uncle did say that 'all the phones were going through Bunninyong, half the repeaters were down that day' (not an exact quote).

It is only a small tower, could be a repeater.

I hope it was functioning, but we can't be sure at this point in time - if the uncle was correct (he is the only source I have seen that info from).

imo

Could it be the campers are responsible and inserted themselves into the investigation to take the heat off them. They and their story is….lets say….weird.
I know fb is not a valid source - but these people were posting all over the groups prior to them being in the media. It all just seemed very very odd so I don’t give much credit to their story.

Rude, snarky, sarcastic, aggressive, inflammatory, disrespectful, insulting, baiting, trolling, antagonizing, or hateful comments are simply not allowed. These types of posts do absolutely nothing to progress the discussion or help the case.

Agree to disagree, keep scrolling, place another member on your 'ignore' list, or REPORT a post you feel has violated a rule rather than responding.

Serious question. Where do you think one hires a professional hitmen from these days? <modsnip - no link>
Even the ex special forces soldier hired in the bikie hit in Perth rolled over quick once caught.
And the idea of going to an OMCG to hire a hitman would have to be one of the dumbest things one could ever fathom. <modsnip - no link>
It’s not easy to just hire a hitmen in Australia if you’re not a career criminal.
And lastly, you need to be rolling in cash e.g this is where drug money is perfect.
Well I guess, there's hitmen, and then there's hitmen. IMO if you had "good" (for want of a better word) connections, ie knew someone who knew someone...+ lots of $$$ it could definitely be done. Things could get complicated though IMO.
If dealing with Outlaw Motor Cycle Gangs and others in a similar trade, it could boil down to whether a "favour" is owed by anyone/has been repaid or not IMO.

Sometimes a potential payback deliverer can be found in the most unlikely places IMO. In the case of Carolyn Matthews' murder, her husband's lover allegedly, when collecting her kids after school, asked another mother whether she knew of any hitman who could murder her lover's wife. She did!
Behind a paywall for subscribers - Teen lashes out at dad for hiring hitman to kill mum

Last edited:
Well I guess, there's hitmen, and then there's hitmen. IMO if you had "good" (for want of a better word) connections, ie knew someone who knew someone...+ lots of $$$ it could definitely be done. Things could get complicated though IMO.
If dealing with Outlaw Motor Cycle Gangs and others in a similar trade, it could boil down to whether a "favour" is owed by anyone/has been repaid or not IMO.

Sometimes a potential payback deliverer can be found in the most unlikely places IMO. In the case of Carolyn Matthews' murder, her husband's lover allegedly, when collecting her kids after school, asked another mother whether she knew of any hitman who could murder her lover's wife. She did!
Behind a paywall for subscribers - Teen lashes out at dad for hiring hitman to kill mum
I believe the dark web can also be used to find hitmen (not from personal experience I might add).

A Canadian site with a mention of Samantha and the dangers women face worldwide when running alone.

I think it might be behind a PayWall.

And no I don't think women should be restricted from running, jogging whatever alone.
It's the ones who mean them harm that should be held to account
It's not paywalled.

The instagram post linked in the article says did everything right, it was during the day, with her phone, someone knew how long she was supposed to be and where she was, and other people jog there. Like they're saying over at the thread about the male sydney couple, she didn't have a chance once she was on this psycho's radar.

It's not paywalled.

The instagram post linked in the article says did everything right, it was during the day, with her phone, someone knew how long she was supposed to be and where she was, and other people jog there. Like they're saying over at the thread about the male sydney couple, she didn't have a chance once she was on this psycho's radar.
Laken Riley, too. Another woman who went running in the day, in a public place, took her phone, told a friend.

The fallacy of all these 'rules' we're told to follow is that they make us feel like we're safer because we're following them, when the reality is, if someone still wants to cause us harm, they will. Regardless of the time of day, what we're wearing, whether we have our keys out and ready, whether we parked close in the light, whether we're sober... none of it is going to stop someone determined to hurt us.

The worst part of these 'rules' isn't the false sense of security, it's that when someone is hurt, there's the automatic assumption that somehow, they didn't follow the 'rules', and that's why. It puts the weight back on the victim for their own attack, which isn't just awful, it's wrong.

MOO

Laken Riley, too. Another woman who went running in the day, in a public place, took her phone, told a friend.

The fallacy of all these 'rules' we're told to follow is that they make us feel like we're safer because we're following them, when the reality is, if someone still wants to cause us harm, they will. Regardless of the time of day, what we're wearing, whether we have our keys out and ready, whether we parked close in the light, whether we're sober... none of it is going to stop someone determined to hurt us.

The worst part of these 'rules' isn't the false sense of security, it's that when someone is hurt, there's the automatic assumption that somehow, they didn't follow the 'rules', and that's why. It puts the weight back on the victim for their own attack, which isn't just awful, it's wrong.

MOO

Agree. It puts the responsibility on the victim, not on the aggressor/perpetrator OR the system.

Interesting Detective Acting Superintendent Mark Hatt said no comment when asked about bikie involvement
I thought this paragraph from the Daily M(f)ail was interesting too: "Speculation outlaw motorcycle gangs were customers of the shop have swirled among the Ballarat community since Ms Murphy vanished".

I thought this paragraph from the Daily M(f)ail was interesting too: "Speculation outlaw motorcycle gangs were customers of the shop have swirled among the Ballarat community since Ms Murphy vanished".
I can't get rid of the feeling that this could be a case of revenge + extortion, (and would be delighted to be proven wrong.)
There's definitely been some dramatic things occurring within the towtruck/crash repair industry in Ballarat lately.
IMO this would be something of which Ballarat residents are well aware, but not necessarily non-Ballarat residents.

Two people linked to a prominent Ballarat towing company have been accused of “extensive” deception while contracted by Victoria Police.
Several stories about this, all behind paywalls for subscribers.

Possibly this situation has contributed to Victoria Police's reluctance to respond to questions relating to Bikie Gangs IMO.

Speculation entirely here - IMO if someone's usual "go-to" car rebirther was suddenly no longer able to provide their usual services, it may force some folks with criminal agendas to seek an alternative - and if these people received a knockback, IMO they wouldn't be very happy - at all. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmphilippe